Sith Fighter and Ship Marquee Bundle Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    I think I've bought most, if not all of the $10 packs since they were introduced. I already have Sith Assassin at 7 stars and see no reason to pay triple. The mats alone are not worth extra $20. I'm better off buying energy refreshes.

If you want to introduce more expensive packs, add something useful to them, like credits or higher tier ability mats. Even ship upgrade mats would be good since you can buy mods with them now.
  • Let’s also not forget who the login character for February was. You guessed it Sith Assassin! So this pack literally only benefits anyone willing to spend money that started since MARCH. For a toon that’s been farmable for a year. And yes I bought the original Sith Assassin marquee pack. And have her 7* g12. So let’s just **** this “experiment” in the bud before it happens. I’ll gladly pay $10 for a ship bundle. And nothing more.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Nope. I’m out. Worst idea I’ve seen yet. I buy the $10 bundles fairly often, but this is dumb.
  • Here’s a link to my roster
    https://swgoh.gg/u/gheyst1214/collection/
    This clearly illustrates my love of all things Sith AND Old Republic. Pay special attention to the star levels of Bastila Shan and Jolee Bindo. Tell me I don’t buy marquee packs. Then realize I’m NOT buying this new ship bundle. Then reevaluate your experiment and actually give the players what they want. Thanks.
  • AdlerCl
    47 posts Member
    This could turn into a worrisome trend. Does CG intend to opt for these packs in the future when we get simultaneous releases of marquee toons and ships?

Will CG offer 3 packs, one for the toon/s, one for the ship and then one with both shards and blueprints?

I certainly hope they avoid the particular pitfall that would be releasing only a "combo-pack".

I'll be passing on this "opportunity" despite not having a 7 star Sith Assassin.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    You can complain about the pricing strategy all you want, but simple math says that even if 2/3 of players who normally buy the $10 pack skip it they still break even. Not a gamble for them at all. They will make more money. The test is to see how much more. Hip hip hooray....

Not really. There are those like me who place consumer sanctions on companies. I'm skipping the next three packs due to the attempt to do this. Even if they reverse course I'm still doing it simply because they thought to attempt this. Every decision a company makes that I don't like doesn't just cost them a current purchase, it costs them a set amount of future purchases.
  • Will also be passing due to the price increase.

Purchases should be made modular, to allow for best possible player experience.
  • Airia
    8 posts Member
    I buy nearly all the marquee packs, but will not spend 20$s extra for 50 shards of a character I own @7 and some extra upgrade materials. Please consider doing both options, just from forum feedback you can see this "experiment" just annoys your veteran player base.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Please try to understand that this company is not the same company from 2+ years ago. This newly ran debacle of a game is all cash grab, and as shown they don't care about veteran players. They bank off new players coming on the seen. Small micro transactions, and new whales.

Sorry guys it's been fun. It pained me to stop playing this game. Been here since 2015 but realized the new company doesn't want vets around. Time for a new game ladies and gents. Let the new base relize there arena rank will go higher but will soon crash just like us.

Bye!
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    I buy usually every marquee packs. Even bobba ship or kassian U-wing and they cost like 60-80$. This time I pass.
    CG, you’re trying to justify price increase by adding additional value - sith shards. Unfortunately for you, they are not additional value at all, so it is just treble price increase.
    So I will pass on this one and the next too. Just because you shouldn’t feel like you getting out with it. >(
  • Man EAs greed is legendary
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    As others have said, a combined pack for a brand new character and ship is a pretty good idea. I agree that in the case of an already released character like Sith Assassin that a pack with just the ship shards would be in a good idea. Personally, I was interested in the pack, but when I saw the price it went into an immediate nope.

Now releasing a 5$ beginner ship pack.........that I would be on board with.
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    xe9yt1rfu25x.png
    It takes 50 not 100 reworking your math ... is it the good deal you thought?

Except it also takes 50 MK3 Carbanti salvage, which are constantly in demand. The prototype salvage is only half the fully crafted piece.

Has nothing to do with selling a crafted mark 5 stun gun for 2561 crystals or buy 20 salvage at 520 crystals. You only need 3 of 520 crystal buys and my main point is they bank on blind/impulse buys.

You save crystals by buying the full piece. You would need to buy 20 salvage three times to get the full stun gun prototype (1560 crystals). If you subtract the 10 extra salvage, that works out to 1300 crystals for 50 salvage. PLUS you would have to buy 50 MK3 Carbanti salvage (1400 crystals). Because it takes BOTH a full MK3 Carbanti AND a full MK5 Stun Gun prototype to craft a full MK5 Stun Gun. So you spend 2,541 crystals for a full MK5 Stun Gun or you spend 2,700 crystals if you buy the salvage for both the prototype and the Carbanti separately. You seem to think you only need the stun gun salvage for a full stun gun. That is false. You also need a Carbanti.

Be all that as it may, it cracks me up that we're talking about something that costs about $15.00 (or more?) worth of crystals for one gear slot (of 6) on one level (of 12+) for one character.

No matter how you slice it, that's not good value.

• Aeternas wrote: »
    xe9yt1rfu25x.png

Except it also takes 50 MK3 Carbanti salvage, which are constantly in demand. The prototype salvage is only half the fully crafted piece.

Has nothing to do with selling a crafted mark 5 stun gun for 2561 crystals or buy 20 salvage at 520 crystals. You only need 3 of 520 crystal buys and my main point is they bank on blind/impulse buys.

You save crystals by buying the full piece. You would need to buy 20 salvage three times to get the full stun gun prototype (1560 crystals). If you subtract the 10 extra salvage, that works out to 1300 crystals for 50 salvage. PLUS you would have to buy 50 MK3 Carbanti salvage (1400 crystals). Because it takes BOTH a full MK3 Carbanti AND a full MK5 Stun Gun prototype to craft a full MK5 Stun Gun. So you spend 2,541 crystals for a full MK5 Stun Gun or you spend 2,700 crystals if you buy the salvage for both the prototype and the Carbanti separately. You seem to think you only need the stun gun salvage for a full stun gun. That is false. You also need a Carbanti.

Be all that as it may, it cracks me up that we're talking about something that costs about $15.00 (or more?) worth of crystals for one gear slot (of 6) on one level (of 12+) for one character.

No argument there. That’s the business model. It’s ridiculous.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Aeternas wrote: »
    xe9yt1rfu25x.png

No argument there. That’s the business model. It’s ridiculous.

Well hopefully the in game response is the same as it is here on forums. 99% of the time I think people complain to much but this is the other 1%. I hope people dont cave and send a big message. This pack is a RIP off even if you need SA shards.
  • Another bad decision among many other terrible decisions....ugh when will it end?
  • 180 mil GP guild. Normally around 30+ would buy the $10 marquee pack. Looks like only 3-4 will buy this one. Can't wait to see how this "experiment" turns out.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Notworking wrote: »
    Re bundle combining pilot and ship - it is a logical choice however for those who already have the pilot will there be a ship only option?
    Just the one package for this experiment. I have already mentioned to the team that this might be an issue for folks who already have Sith Assassin or the pilots in the future.
    That is a steep price increase. A standard marquee pack is $10. How is the addition of a year old toon justify a 3x price increase?
    The price of the Ship Marquee bundles will likely vary frequently. Much of the increase is based on the number of pilots, obviously 2 pilots in the same marquee would be more expensive, but it can vary based on the rarity, Sith Assassin unlocks at 3 stars so it's a bit more expensive than a 2 star character, etc. On top of that, this bundle also includes extra resources to upgrade your ship and, depending on your need for ship materials, this is more valuable to some and less to others.

No issue here. Your lack of response to Sith raid posts means I spend $0
  • Was looking forward to buying a ship pack for once, then I saw what you were doing. $10 for shards/marquee bundle has been standard. You even bundled KRU + his ship and FOTFP + ship for like, $30. You talk about the rarity of the character being a factor in cost, but $20 for a 3* character isn't enough as $20 normally gets you a 4* character/80 shards. That you're putting in extra ship mats isn't going to cut it. I'll save my money and put it towards other marquee characters and pass on the ship.
  • It’s a pass from me. First marquee pack I will skip. Good luck with the experiment...

Now how about a str raid rewards response
  • Mydnight wrote: »
    Was looking forward to buying a ship pack for once, then I saw what you were doing. $10 for shards/marquee bundle has been standard. You even bundled KRU + his ship and FOTFP + ship for like, $30. You talk about the rarity of the character being a factor in cost, but $20 for a 3* character isn't enough as $20 normally gets you a 4* character/80 shards. That you're putting in extra ship mats isn't going to cut it. I'll save my money and put it towards other marquee characters and pass on the ship.

Even buying lando, L3 and the falcon separate was a "better" deal than this. To be honest I'm surprised 3/4ths if the comments survived being that most are discouraging the pack lol
  • Maagge
    52 posts Member
    What if the ship is hideously overpowered?
  • If it is then it will be playable at 3*
    thats 25$ for like 30 shards (not counting pilot ones most already have)

it will likely land on a ship table hard node in 3 months... you can do it without that additional 1 star until then, hell if you dont have the pilot you can farm and gear him during this period...

• I would like to congratulate the head of sales for staying in the 80s in terms of market strategy

In my opinion there should be 3 packs, one for ship, one for pilot and a bundle, if we are looking strictly from revenue perspective.

People that have pilot maxed will buy just the ship, people with pilot unlevelled will buy bundle, people without both will buy all.

Price should be 9.99 and 17.99 , so bundle would be tempting for people already having the pilot at 5*-6* and could actually show financial benefit of purchasing a bundle, what is the whole idea of a bundle in the first place...

In resources should be a ship upgrade material bundle available for a discounted price and full price after marquee.

Your welcome.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Let's build on the 2.0 Failure (Debatable)I think we found ways to improve on our failure rate....

Marquee 2.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not debatable)
  • Monel wrote: »
    Lol it’s an “experiment “ just like the math on these stun gun buyssj1ulzofafih.png
    Do I buy 3 salvage or spend 1000 extra crystals to buy it complete . They’re counting on us to be horrible at math and great at spending.

I mean that's not a huge difference 1400 to get a fully crafted piece, 50 salvage is 28 purps per piece. Or 20 salvage at 520 is 26 purps per piece. Basically the same cost imo. The fully fully crafted stun gun/carbanti piece looks like a much better deal but when you do the math it's really not either. In total you are buying 100 salvage pieces for 2561 so 25.61 purps per piece or individually it would 18 purps per piece. A savings, yes, huge, no.

The full mk V carbanti is 2541, not 1400. That is the Mk IV, the crap version that people mistakenly buy for $10.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Don't bundles usually cost less in the real world? If there are two things that cost $10 individually, then bundling them usually costs somewhere between $15 and $18. "Oh, but we added more things!" Great, that still doesn't justify a $10 increase over the expected price for each pack.
  • Aeternas
    65 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    That's getting to be pretty commonplace, though. Companies bundle in a bunch a stuff you don't want/wouldn't buy/don't provide value to inflate the price of something they perceive you do want (character or ship shards) in order to get you to spend more at a given time to get the thing you do want.

Wargaming has been doing it for years in World of Tanks and World of Warships. You usually can't by "just the ship" or "just the tank" on any "hot" item. It's how they get you to pay $50-$80 for something that alone might cost $30.

The predatory pricing practices are really getting disgusting. I feel like a **** every time I do buy something in this game.
  • It would be one thing if it was both a new ship and a new pilot. Either way I'm excited for the new content to come out so I can laugh and not buy it.
  • It's probably not a great sign for the future of this game that instead of fixing currently broken content, EA is just trying to milk more money out of the player base.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.