I have Bastila, hoda, GMY, OB—no Ezra. Who else will work?

gufu21
335 posts Member
edited July 2018
(If needed, https://swgoh.gg/u/gufu21/)

I'm missing big DPS without Ezra. What's the next most viable option?

OG Ahsoka? Mine is only g10, but with cd/cc mods and the right buffs, she can land about 22k on a basic, over 40k on her special. That can probably go higher with more gear. (I sometimes use her ship for the dispel, so that could be helpful there too.)

Aayla? She's a good offensive Jedi with some stun and assist utility. But does her damage get up to OG Ahsoka?

CLS? Raid Han? Nihilus? Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Visas was suggested. That might have potential?

What about Boba Fett to help deal with other Bastila teams? I've also heard of Boba being decent against Traya.
Post edited by gufu21 on

Replies

• ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @gufu21 I'd say CLS, Nihilus or Thrawn depending on the situation. :)
  • You have Visas. I'd use her. The team will be a pain in the rear to kill with the dual taunts / explicit taunt from OB / situational taunt from GK and heal consistently. Alternatively, farm Ezra, looks like you still have some gear to go before they're arena viable.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Gear up your GMY too. With his rework, his special can one shot some weaker characters under Bastila.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    You have Visas. I'd use her. The team will be a pain in the rear to kill with the dual taunts / explicit taunt from OB / situational taunt from GK and heal consistently. Alternatively, farm Ezra, looks like you still have some gear to go before they're arena viable.

Ooh, Visas, that's a good suggestion. She might be nerfed against Traya because of attacking out of turn, but the cleansing might still be nice along with healing on the tank. And yes, you're right that I have a long way to go on gearing before they're ready, especially GMY.
  • Aayla deals more damage than clone wars Ahsoka. You'll definitely need Ezra though.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    Aayla deals more damage than clone wars Ahsoka. You'll definitely need Ezra though.

That's what I'm unsure of: swgoh.gg looks like it gives Ahsoka an sizable edge on her basic damage, though Aayla has more damage on her special. But I guess GMY probably has more damage than either, so assists ought to go to him?

Though you may still be right about Ezra :/.
  • Why don't you just get Ezra??
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Why don't you just get Ezra??

I hope I don't get a lot of grief for this, but I just really don't like the Rebels show. I play this game because I'm a fan of parts of Star Wars, and the Rebels show is one part I don't care for (and I'm slightly annoyed that Thrawn was gated behind them). No offense meant toward those of you who enjoy the show or those characters.

(To beat you all the punch, yes, I accept that this means I will never have Thrawn, and, yes, I accept that my arena performance will not optimal because of the farming choices I've made. I just do the best I can with the toons I actually like/don't dislike.)
  • gufu21 wrote: »

I hope I don't get a lot of grief for this, but I just really don't like the Rebels show...

Fair enough.
  • My first choice for Jedi DPS outside of Ezra would be JK Anakin, but that might be because I don't have Aayla. There was a time when JKA was one of the Arena elite because of his damage output.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Fulcrum is a good fill-in, until u build up Ezra. All those buffs feed her like crazy.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    gufu21 wrote: »
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    Aayla deals more damage than clone wars Ahsoka. You'll definitely need Ezra though.

That's what I'm unsure of: swgoh.gg looks like it gives Ahsoka an sizable edge on her basic damage, though Aayla has more damage on her special. But I guess GMY probably has more damage than either, so assists ought to go to him?

Though you may still be right about Ezra :/.

You'll be fine for now without Ezra if your a newer player. But later on Ezra is a necessity for jedi because they lack dps and he's their biggest damage dealer. I've looked at the stats myself because I use a similar team in arena and Ahsoka deals about a thousand more damage on her basic than Aayla. But that's not counting the assist. Aayla calls jedi to assist a little more than a third of the time with her basic, and they deal 50% more damage. Her special also has more damage than Ahsoka. You're also not including her stun. Make sure to mod her with a potency primary stat cross btw. Critical chance mods are best with her, but I'm guilty of not using them. The reason for this is because I already farmed health mods with high secondary speed stats so I'm just going to continue to use those. It's also worth mentioning that if you use a healer with a Bastilla lead their heals will be useless half the match due to the protection up.
  • I just read your last comment. I don't like rebels either, but I just ignore it and use Ezra anyway. I mean there's a few episodes I like with Ahsoka, Old Ben, and Maul but that's it.
  • The suggestions you're getting are good: JK Anakin hits hard, gets offense up, and with Bastila and GMYoda's buffs, can probably do some sick damage with his AOE. Visas isn't half bad, especially against Sith if you use her otherwise worthless zeta. I'm not super-impressed with her but I really want to like her. She does add penetration up to the mix, as well. You weren't totally off-base with CW Ahsoka - I've always loved her and she hits a lot harder than people realize - she's underrated. But let me speak on behalf of Aayla. It's not so much that she hits really hard (she does, she's a decent hitter), but that she has a 35% chance to call an assist. If she gets a GM Yoda assist, that's devastating.

I have hope that Mace Windu will get a rework in the near future. Believe it or not, a gold-ringed Mace under Bastila leadership with buffs on does a pretty crazy amount of damage - just not as much as you'd expect he wold, being Mace Windu and all. =)
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited July 2018

I hope I don't get a lot of grief for this, but I just really don't like the Rebels show. I play this game because I'm a fan of parts of Star Wars, and the Rebels show is one part I don't care for (and I'm slightly annoyed that Thrawn was gated behind them). No offense meant toward those of you who enjoy the show or those characters.

(To beat you all the punch, yes, I accept that this means I will never have Thrawn, and, yes, I accept that my arena performance will not optimal because of the farming choices I've made. I just do the best I can with the toons I actually like/don't dislike.)

Hmm. Interesting. I see from your profile, @gufu21 , on SWGOH.GG that you have a Gear 12 TIE Fighter Pilot and Shoretrooper. Are you a big fan of those unnamed/random characters in the movies? You have a Gear 11 Bossk and IG-88; both of those guys had about 5 seconds of screen time in the Empire Strikes Back as the camera swept across the room while Darth Vader gave instructions to various bounty hunters with no lines. You've got a Gear 10 Greedo. I can see why you really liked that character, given the critical role that he played as a main villain in A New Hope.

The questions are rhetorical, of course, and not intended to give you a hard time, but rather to help you think a little differently about which characters that you work on for this game, and why. So what if you didn't like the characters from the Rebels show? Every one of us has worked on dozens of characters that we have no emotional connection with. Why do we do it? Because they serve a purpose in the game, and are needed to support a team for one or more game modes. For every Grand Master Yoda there is a First Order TIE Pilot.

Best,

V

• IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    SamuraiUX wrote: »
    The suggestions you're getting are good: JK Anakin hits hard, gets offense up, and with Bastila and GMYoda's buffs, can probably do some sick damage with his AOE. Visas isn't half bad, especially against Sith if you use her otherwise worthless zeta. I'm not super-impressed with her but I really want to like her. She does add penetration up to the mix, as well. You weren't totally off-base with CW Ahsoka - I've always loved her and she hits a lot harder than people realize - she's underrated. But let me speak on behalf of Aayla. It's not so much that she hits really hard (she does, she's a decent hitter), but that she has a 35% chance to call an assist. If she gets a GM Yoda assist, that's devastating.

I have hope that Mace Windu will get a rework in the near future. Believe it or not, a gold-ringed Mace under Bastila leadership with buffs on does a pretty crazy amount of damage - just not as much as you'd expect he wold, being Mace Windu and all. =)

I've considered using Anakin myself but decided against it. Aayla would perform better against a Sion than him because his buff immunity can just be cleansed, and Aayla's stun would prevent Sion from cleansing and healing himself. Anakin's offense up is uneeded because Yoda will usually give your team it by spreading what bastilla gives.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    And to the OP I pick what I like to an extent. I look at the most viable teams and pick which one I like best while sacrificing by using characters who are good in the game but kinda lame like Ezra. If I like Old Ben, Yoda, Bastilla, and Aayla I'm willing to sacrifice.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    What I've found with Aayla is she's more of a dice roll. If you get a good roll it can be extremely devastating for the other team.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Maybe Ahsoka Fulcrum
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Hmm. Interesting. I see from your profile, @gufu21 , on SWGOH.GG that you have a Gear 12 TIE Fighter Pilot and Shoretrooper. Are you a big fan of those unnamed/random characters in the movies? You have a Gear 11 Bossk and IG-88; both of those guys had about 5 seconds of screen time in the Empire Strikes Back as the camera swept across the room while Darth Vader gave instructions to various bounty hunters with no lines. You've got a Gear 10 Greedo. I can see why you really liked that character, given the critical role that he played as a main villain in A New Hope.

The questions are rhetorical, of course, and not intended to give you a hard time, but rather to help you think a little differently about which characters that you work on for this game, and why. So what if you didn't like the characters from the Rebels show? Every one of us has worked on dozens of characters that we have no emotional connection with. Why do we do it? Because they serve a purpose in the game, and are needed to support a team for one or more game modes. For every Grand Master Yoda there is a First Order TIE Pilot.

Best,

V

Hey @Val_Galahadred. I realize you asked rhetorically, but yes, as a matter of fact, I am a fan of TIE Fighter Pilot, Shoretrooper, Bossk, IG-88, and Greedo. I love the Original Trilogy best, and I like Rogue One well enough. The fact that the bounty hunters are in ESB is connection enough for me—just about every image from the OT is virtually iconic. (Plus I played the old Decipher SWCCG for years, so even minor OT characters have a lot of cachet for me.) I see what you're saying, since I have compromised some myself (I have a general bias against prequel/CW characters, but as my roster shows, it's not so hard a line). But I hope it's alright that I think about what characters to farm differently than you do. Cheers.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member

Fair enough, and unfortunately I cant contribute to the discussion, but I just thought Id tell you tbat Rebels actually becomes better and better throughout until its actually pretty good and youll like the characters a lot by the end. At least thats what happened to me, so if you just stopped watxhing after the first episode, I recommend you give it another shot. You may be missing out on something good actually.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    These are great suggestions, everyone, and I really appreciate them! Let me see if I can summarize some of the options, at least the ones I have available (so alas, no ATF or JKA):

Visas: Could very useful against Traya-led Sith, which is where Bastila struggles. The damage will probably pile up due to all the assists, and her self heal will mitigate Traya's anti-assist leadership. Mine gets good damage, and I was probably planning on taking her to g12 anyway, so I like this option a lot. Of course, she misses out on the tenacity and protection up.

Aayla: It seems like the consensus is that Aayla is the next best DPS Jedi for this team. Less direct damage and crit chance than CW Ahsoka, but the assists should make up for that and have a chance to be huge if the right person is called. Stunning is always useful, but of course that won't stick against Traya.

CW Ahsoka: Excellent direct damage and high crit chance, but her kit doesn't really bring anything else to the table in this team. And a few early crits could cripple her.

CLS: Always a good option with high damage, good speed, and a dispel with buff immunity and TM reduction .

Boba Fett: Mine's already at g12, so I might give him a shot at some point. Execute could be nasty against another Bastila team, and getting around taunt seems handy.

Does this about sum up the options?
  • Roopehun wrote: »

Fair enough, and unfortunately I cant contribute to the discussion, but I just thought Id tell you tbat Rebels actually becomes better and better throughout until its actually pretty good and youll like the characters a lot by the end. At least thats what happened to me, so if you just stopped watching after the first episode, I recommend you give it another shot. You may be missing out on something good actually.

Agreed, Rebels actually gets pretty good. I jumped in during Season 3 (bad move) and they almost lost me. If you start at the beginning, it's much better, the middle makes a ton more sense, as does the end.

I did not like Ezra when I started watching. But now I understand his character a lot more and his arc is quite good. He has a ton of growth. Rebels was a win for Star Wars.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »

Fair enough, and unfortunately I cant contribute to the discussion, but I just thought Id tell you tbat Rebels actually becomes better and better throughout until its actually pretty good and youll like the characters a lot by the end. At least thats what happened to me, so if you just stopped watching after the first episode, I recommend you give it another shot. You may be missing out on something good actually.

Agreed, Rebels actually gets pretty good. I jumped in during Season 3 (bad move) and they almost lost me. If you start at the beginning, it's much better, the middle makes a ton more sense, as does the end.

I did not like Ezra when I started watching. But now I understand his character a lot more and his arc is quite good. He has a ton of growth. Rebels was a win for Star Wars.

Same. And the Maul episodes and the Sith Temple episodes are just awesome. Right up there with some of my favorite Clone Wars episodes.
  • This team is pretty reliant on Ezra if you ever want to break into/stay in the top 50 in arena or do any serious damage in raids. You're going to struggle HARD if you choose to be so picky that you choose your roster based off a cartoon. I don't see any harm in deciding against entire factions, but trying to build a Jedi team without Ezra will be like playing catch with your feet.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Roopehun wrote: »

Same. And the Maul episodes and the Sith Temple episodes are just awesome. Right up there with some of my favorite Clone Wars episodes.

I would go so far as to say that my favorite SW moment of all time (including shows, books, and the movies) was the final episode of Rebels season 2.

To the OP, regardless of your feelings about the show, that team is designed largely around Ezra, and is crippled without him. Also Thrawn is my pick for best character in the game. Also they are required for TB. Put on your big boy britches, and farm Phoenix.
  • Fulcrum works really well with Bastilla and Yoda because of all the buffs. Just mod her fast so she can consistently give herself protection up and self cleanse.
  • Don't underestimate the value of a consistent source of offense up with this team - which means JKA has some potential here. GMY grants it to himself when he uses his basic on an enemy with less than 50% health, but that can be situational and if the situation doesn't occur (or you're not stealing it from someone), things can get dicey quickly - even with Ezra on that team. I run zzGMY / zEzra / GK / zHoda and a fifth right now, and the offense up is necessary. I've been considering running a second tank as GMY is still very squishy. Recognize that problem goes away under Bastila.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Recognizing that Ezra is still the absolute best option, and giving people allowances to like different parts of Star Wars and farm differently than others, I just want to chime in to say that I'm not completely convinced that Ezra is the only path to sub-#50 viability on this team.

I just saw someone on my shard (April 2016) sitting at #14 using Darth Nihilus instead of Ezra. It can apparently be done.