How Slicing affects what mods you should be looking for NOW!

https://youtu.be/kIcFIIwCWHs

The website page for all the stats discussed in this video is found at shatteredorder.com/mods hope you guys find this video useful and subscribe worthy!

Replies

• When your topics view count is really high, but there are no comments, that means your title is misleading.
  • When your topics view count is really high, but there are no comments, that means your title is misleading.

Please explain how the title is misleading...
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Nice. Nothing new. Come back with new information!

Hmm, define “new”. Green and Blue mods having the best chance at giving elite secondary stats would qualify as new imo. I mean, the Road Ahead post is what changed things, that happened this month...
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Look for and save all mods with speed on them. Green and blue having a chance to end up as being 20+ speed mods after the rework doesn't change the fact that they were worth saving before anyway.

It may be new that they can end up being elite, but it doesn't change what people should be doing now. The way mods level up isn't going to change at all. They just aren't going to change color when they do anymore.

They are probably going to adjust the amounts of some stats to make them more valuable. But until we know how they do so, we won't know if other stats are worth looking for or not.

Which more or less means the best advice people can have regarding mods right now is: Carry on farming and saving all speed secondaries.

...same as before.
  • @Woodroward somewhat agree, disagree it’s the same as before. Green and Blue mods are 4 times more likely to proc the same secondary 4 times once slicing is introduced. Once you get a stash of mods, many people don’t necessarily buy Green or Blue mods. My arguement is that they should be, instead of Gold mods. Also, speed is not the only thing that matters. Offense and Crit chance are quite important as well.

Having mods with the absolute highest of one of these secondary stats (especially speed or offense) is more beneficial that distributing those stats. Therefore, it is NOT the same as before, a large amount of the player base looking for elite mods should be hunting Green and Blue and NOT Gold until this update arrives. This also means leveling them to get the guaranteed proc of the secondary stat.
  • agreed. I've changed my mod purchasing behavior from only seeking purple and gold mods to looking specifically for green and blue mods with speed secondaries. You save money on finding if speed will roll up and then get an opportunity to roll them into a gold mod with "slicing". It IS new information because it changes mod strategy from "only buy purple and gold mods with speed showing" to "buy more green and blue mods with speed showing"

Of course, we don't know exactly how expensive slicing will be, but I personally prefer leveling a blue mod to 6 to see if I get a speed bump instead of spending credits on both the gold mod and leveling to 12 only to discover speed doesn't roll. Not even once. I hate it when that happens.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @Woodroward somewhat agree, disagree it’s the same as before. Green and Blue mods are 4 times more likely to proc the same secondary 4 times once slicing is introduced. Once you get a stash of mods, many people don’t necessarily buy Green or Blue mods. My arguement is that they should be, instead of Gold mods. Also, speed is not the only thing that matters. Offense and Crit chance are quite important as well.

Having mods with the absolute highest of one of these secondary stats (especially speed or offense) is more beneficial that distributing those stats. Therefore, it is NOT the same as before, a large amount of the player base looking for elite mods should be hunting Green and Blue and NOT Gold until this update arrives. This also means leveling them to get the guaranteed proc of the secondary stat.
    I agree and disagree about buying green and blue mods too. We don't know the rarity or method to obtain slicing materials as of yet. They may be rare enough that people would still see more gains trying for purple and gold mods out of the mod store. I think a better plan would be to wait and see honestly.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    So apparently green and blue mods aren't going to be the new better mods:

" in preparation for slicing, secondary stats will always be revealed before a secondary is increased. This ensures that gold mods continue to have the most value after slicing has been introduced."

But there is an opportunity right now to level green and blue mods to get their speed stats up. It won't be true after the update.
  • Woodroward wrote: »

" in preparation for slicing, secondary stats will always be revealed before a secondary is increased. This ensures that gold mods continue to have the most value after slicing has been introduced."

But there is an opportunity right now to level green and blue mods to get their speed stats up. It won't be true after the update.

I thought the same when I saw the update. Ran through all my green and blue mods with speed and bumped them to lvl 3 and 6 respectively. Glad I monitor the forums!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

I thought the same when I saw the update. Ran through all my green and blue mods with speed and bumped them to lvl 3 and 6 respectively. Glad I monitor the forums!

Just to be safe, I'd recommend leveling them all the way to 12 after you get the upgrade if they increase speed and stop right there if they don't.

That way you're kind of playing both sides of the fence, if they reset stats on partially leveled mods, not leveling the ones that didn't increase will have given you a second chance to get speed in them , but it won't roll back the speed increases on the ones you leveled.

And if they don't roll back stats, it won't matter.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Woodroward wrote: »

Exactly the point I’m making. Right now you have a statistical advantage by upgrading them. You won’t after the update. That being said, we don’t know what the cost will be so it’s **** hard to compare the cost of slicing a green to outright buying a gold. But, one green has the same chance as 4 gold, so I’m taking as many lottery tickets as I can lol