Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• I don’t intend to read every page on this, so forgive me if this has been mentioned...Traya should not be able to dodge/avoid attacks from those standing alone. You spend your time building Ezra or Asajj to hit hard and then...whiff...nope. Not cool.
  • It's all good guys, bossk is f2p now on a single hard node, that'll fix it!

Managed to hit the entire raid yesterday and got #6(firdt time inside top 10) was actually pretty happy with my rewards. Definitely an advocate for buffing the 11-50 rewards though, it's a hell of a drop off
  • It would go a long way to get some sort of acknowledgement or update, or even a date of some sort to say when they will reply etc. As currently this raid is killing our guild and some good people are getting burnt out/frustrated with the rewards and time it takes to complete. Please CG for all the players, can you pick this up again and address it.

Many thanks!
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

Do you guys really think that adding a raid that has to be played daily at lower tiers with multiple restarts right after an underwhelming QOL updates is a healthy thing for the player base?

You guys realise this right? Forget the rewards, don't care about Traya, you guys are literally sucking the fun out of this game because of the forced engagement that you're putting onto players DAILY requirements.

• Natos
    138 posts Member
    It would go a long way to get some sort of acknowledgement or update, or even a date of some sort to say when they will reply etc. As currently this raid is killing our guild and some good people are getting burnt out/frustrated with the rewards and time it takes to complete. Please CG for all the players, can you pick this up again and address it.

Many thanks!

Well, I guess technically we're still expecting a response EOW from @CG_SBCrumb, granted that was a four or five weeks ago....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Natos wrote: »
    n Oh man, definitely don't check out what @CG_Carrie has been doing over on Reddit then: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8yndzo/malaks_ship_confirmed/

We’ve had a lot of positive reception around the release of Nihilus and the Sith Triumvirate.

Ah say what? In what reality do you reside?

A galaxy far, far away.....apparently.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    It's sad really. Occasionally I pop on to the forums to see if there are any answers or even responses to this thread (which is over 2 months old) or the reward rework thread (over a month old)....but the only new posts in either are simply more frustrations, more people who have left guilds or quit - but not a single constructive or "actual" response from any CG or EA person.

It's cool. We get it. The silence screams loudly what you think about your customers and their feedback.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rewards still stink. It is bad design to have in fighting winthin the guild to fight for top 10, creates division. A more equal and higher distribution is needed.
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    Raid is still a time suck with rewards that just plain suck... and no answers to any feedback we give.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    n Oh man, definitely don't check out what @CG_Carrie has been doing over on Reddit then: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/8yndzo/malaks_ship_confirmed/

We’ve had a lot of positive reception around the release of Nihilus and the Sith Triumvirate.

Ah say what? In what reality do you reside?

Fake news
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Obi1_son wrote: »

Fake news

No no it's perfectly true. There was a lot of positive reception around the release of Nihilus and around the release of Sith Triumvirate. I personally looked forward to both releases. I am still pleased with my Nihilus. I was once really excited about the Sith raid...

After the release however.... Highly frustrated and completely demotivated.
  • SwordsLFD wrote: »
    Rewards still stink. It is bad design to have in fighting winthin the guild to fight for top 10, creates division. A more equal and higher distribution is needed.

This to me is the BIGGEST problem, it's basically get a paper zombie or ****, meanwhile all of the people that geared their zombie get shafted.
  • No no it's perfectly true. There was a lot of positive reception around the release of Nihilus and around the release of Sith Triumvirate. I personally looked forward to both releases. I am still pleased with my Nihilus. I was once really excited about the Sith raid...

Yes good point, upon reflection I'm sure it is true that there was positive reception upon release, and even soon after. It's just a slap in the face that they ignored and have been ignoring the extreme growing level of negative feedback once people got over their initial excitement for the new content.

It's a real shame, because the raid itself overall was very well designed, less a few little niggles that make it very annoying and very RNG based. It is just those few small niggles, coupled with the worst reward structure in the game, that transforms this from something that could have been fun and enjoyable to a very un-fun frustrating slog.

If they at least took a very small amount of time to bump up the rewards and also gave more incentive to fight from one reward level to the next in tiers 1 - 6, that alone would go a LONG way at least make the time spent be more worthwhile. I also posted prior a couple very small suggestions to fix the niggles that would not take much time at all. As it is, many just auto it, some do one or two attacks and then just don't bother anymore, others suck it up just to get it over with. A real shame @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    No no it's perfectly true. There was a lot of positive reception around the release of Nihilus and around the release of Sith Triumvirate. I personally looked forward to both releases. I am still pleased with my Nihilus. I was once really excited about the Sith raid...

Yes good point, upon reflection I'm sure it is true that there was positive reception upon release, and even soon after. It's just a slap in the face that they ignored and have been ignoring the extreme growing level of negative feedback once people got over their initial excitement for the new content.

It's a real shame, because the raid itself overall was very well designed, less a few little niggles that make it very annoying and very RNG based. It is just those few small niggles, coupled with the worst reward structure in the game, that transforms this from something that could have been fun and enjoyable to a very un-fun frustrating slog.

If they at least took a very small amount of time to bump up the rewards and also gave more incentive to fight from one reward level to the next in tiers 1 - 6, that alone would go a LONG way at least make the time spent be more worthwhile. I also posted prior a couple very small suggestions to fix the niggles that would not take much time at all. As it is, many just auto it, some do one or two attacks and then just don't bother anymore, others suck it up just to get it over with. A real shame @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

Hey we get $30 marquee packs soon. That’s something....right?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Well, you all dropped one hell of a character that can take a bunch of FTP Jedi characters up against Traya with shocking success. I think it is about time you guys revisited this raid because you created a few counters to her that make the effort to unlock even more absurd. When the gear 12+ goes to other areas to farm the RoI in getting this raid on farm dropps off a cliff.

Can't wait to see what your internal data shows.

• Jeric wrote: »
    Well, you all dropped one hell of a character that can take a bunch of FTP Jedi characters up against Traya with shocking success. I think it is about time you guys revisited this raid because you created a few counters to her that make the effort to unlock even more absurd. When the gear 12+ goes to other areas to farm the RoI in getting this raid on farm dropps off a cliff.

I'm guessing that Bastila is them just writing this raid off as a complete loss not worth trying to salvage.

It's clear now that they never intended any tier to have good gear rewards and heroic tier rewards being good across the board was a fluke not intentional.

The reception in this thread was far more negative than I think they expected and I'd wager that by now they just concluded that it was easier to give tier 1-6 players (technically t7 players too) a toon that counters Traya than it would be to rework both raid mechanics and rewards so they could build up to unlock Traya. Since everyone has wanted a jedi rework it plays nicely that jedi are finally meta worthy so countering Traya isn't that big a deal.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Jeric wrote: »

I'm guessing that Bastila is them just writing this raid off as a complete loss not worth trying to salvage.

It's clear now that they never intended any tier to have good gear rewards and heroic tier rewards being good across the board was a fluke not intentional.

The reception in this thread was far more negative than I think they expected and I'd wager that by now they just concluded that it was easier to give tier 1-6 players (technically t7 players too) a toon that counters Traya than it would be to rework both raid mechanics and rewards so they could build up to unlock Traya. Since everyone has wanted a jedi rework it plays nicely that jedi are finally meta worthy so countering Traya isn't that big a deal.

It’s still not meta changing because they’re terrible on defense still. My ZPalp team cuts through Bastila led teams like butter. Not to mention she certainly isn’t F2P as she’s locked behind a paywall for 8-12 weeks until her single hard node is released.
    The fact they’re “giving up” on this raid and it’s structure is insulting and is why there’s such an exodus from this game and why long time whales have slammed their wallets shut. Honestly it’s not a difficult fix. I’ll be happy to lay out the blueprint:

For P1, take away the CD aspect of Nihilus’s basic ability. Allow for players to be able to track his annihilate. Also reduce his special’s bonus damage to 10% since the only team that works on him (RJT) feeds him crit damage buffs, and his protection penetrating special can wipe out Scav Rey or RT in on shot.

P2 is fine. Nobody really complains about it. Maybe reduce his tenacity boost since he’s immune to TM loss to make more teams viable.

P3. Lower the potency of Traya’s sabers, their damage and take away the buff cleansing if one has foresight. Also allow isolate to be cleared off a character since it’s ridiculous you can’t cleanse it once it’s applied until traya inflicts it on someone else.

P4. First of all, let us see traya’s cool downs! It’s maddening wondering when she’s going to inflict her isolate ability while sion and DN are still up. Once those two are down, knock it off with her ability to gain permanent speed boosts letting her go continuously until enrage kicks in. Just make it so she gains stacking speed for each hit she takes until her next turn or two. Not permanently. It’ll still stop people from soloing but will also allow some more damage for competing.

Now the rewards:
    Simple fix. BUFF THEM! Make it so the gear helps you progress to the next level and tier and make the amount worthwhile. Nobody should be completing heroic only to get 7% of a G12 piece and then random salavge of G12+.
    TAKE OUT THE CHALLENGE GEAR!!!!! This was promised to us yet was overlooked in the rework. We don’t need it, nor do we want it.
    Also for heroic, the fact that there is absolutely no chance for any full G12 or g12+ piece is absurd. Make it so that there’s a higher chance per reward tier (1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc.) but give that chance. People would actually try if they knew their efforts were being rewarded properly. Who knew?!

It’s not a difficult fix. Any dev claiming it is, would only be continuing the train of lies we’ve been fed for months now.

• The guild I'm in is 160+go and we are doing tier 7 heroic in sith raid. I enjoy the raid and am happy to see more teams become available with the addition of the new characters (jedi phase 1) or (jedi phase 2/it phase 2with range troop) etc.

At first it was extremely difficult but we are clearing it in about an hour and a half to two hours now. Every attack helps get to the top 10.

The rewards. Since they've been restructured I've only placed outside of top 10 once. I have received 1full g12+ piece the first time they were available. The rest of the times I've received g12+salvage with an occasional g12 piece. I don't have too many complaints. I don't think the amount of gear should be increased because the rate at which the top of the guild gets g12 gear vs the bottom of the guild will cause a chasm that will never be made up and possibly create discontent.

In our guild we don't encourage merc-ing but we don't ban it either so if players have time to do this between tw and tb to earn better rewards they can.

P1- jtr, bb8, r2, rt, hoda (4mil)
    P2- gk, hoda, gat, sabine, leah (400k)
    Kru, fox, fo, fost, fosftp (400k)
    P3- cls, han, chirrut, dt, pao (1.8mil)
    Other stuff to earn a couple hundred k each
    P4- asaj, Dakar, talzin, talia, zombie (4mil)
    The kitchen sink (anything and everything until I can't anymore) another 200k each time usually getting an extra million in.

I like p1 and p4 the most but the other places become more fun the better the teams get that I'm building for them.

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    The guild I'm in is 160+go and we are doing tier 7 heroic in sith raid. I enjoy the raid and am happy to see more teams become available with the addition of the new characters (jedi phase 1) or (jedi phase 2/it phase 2with range troop) etc.

At first it was extremely difficult but we are clearing it in about an hour and a half to two hours now. Every attack helps get to the top 10.

The rewards. Since they've been restructured I've only placed outside of top 10 once. I have received 1full g12+ piece the first time they were available. The rest of the times I've received g12+salvage with an occasional g12 piece. I don't have too many complaints. I don't think the amount of gear should be increased because the rate at which the top of the guild gets g12 gear vs the bottom of the guild will cause a chasm that will never be made up and possibly create discontent.

In our guild we don't encourage merc-ing but we don't ban it either so if players have time to do this between tw and tb to earn better rewards they can.

The kitchen sink (anything and everything until I can't anymore) another 200k each time usually getting an extra million in.

I like p1 and p4 the most but the other places become more fun the better the teams get that I'm building for them.

Well you a certainly in the minority
  • daws901
    40 posts Member
    Decided to leave tbh, I'm not a whale or a dolphin but I have bought packs deemed worth while...sion being the last, in hindsight it's such terrible value though... £10 for 30 shards? I'd rather pay £10 for a month of WoW (warcraft). It feels like such a release not thinking who I'm going to gear up next, what an endless cycle of rubbish I subjected myself to playing this game and what a waste of valuable time! STR being the absolute pathetic peak of rubbish. Hope they sort it out for the rest of you guys soon lol and ciao
  • I'm almost to the point too @daws901 . I'm looking for a different mobile game to entertain me. It is getting harder to pick up the game cause the fun has been **** out of it...
  • daws901
    40 posts Member
    I'm almost to the point too @daws901 . I'm looking for a different mobile game to entertain me. It is getting harder to pick up the game cause the fun has been **** out of it...

I think I'll just focus on life skills if I'm honest lol these mobile games are the stingiest things ever... play PC/ console if you want to game. Or if you think about the amount of time this game has **** out of you, and reinvested that time in a hobby or a skill or something... how good could you be at something? Spare a thought for that
  • I have computer games I play. A lot. But I like to keep something on the phone for those times I don't have access to the computer
  • well the last response in any way was june 20.?
    it all started with heroic got way too much gear compared to t1-t6
    so they changed the rewards
    heroic guys cried and cg listened to the money and reverted it with the announcement that changes will come in may
    for compensation of another month of big differences with heroic and normal rewards they gave pretty much everyone 2 full g12 pieces

in june they changed only heroic rewards so those people can get traya shards + exclusive g12+ items + normal g12 items + time saving with heroic being done in (i am guessing) 12 hours on average (while lower tiers taking several days)
    because heroic guilds actually get gear they can use to improve their squads ( unlike normal tier rewards)
    so now its past mid july (about twice as long the period we were compensated for) and there is not even a word on possible changes

so is there any chance at all in staying competetive with those people that abandonned their guilds to join a heroic guild?
    i mean is there any longterm goal to not split the playerbase that hard?
    is cg thinking that the last rey event + the yoda rework made non heroic tiers more fun for anyone?
    is their data saying that no change is needed?
    do they need another 2+ months to evaluate the data?

i mean there has to be an information on the table by now
    wether its good or bad for non heroic people

but how can it be a wise idea to run from this topic as a whole?
  • The guild I'm in is 160+go and we are doing tier 7 heroic in sith raid. I enjoy the raid and am happy to see more teams become available with the addition of the new characters (jedi phase 1) or (jedi phase 2/it phase 2with range troop) etc.

Assuming your hoda escapes in P1, you are missing out on about 4M damage in P2

Gk/sabine/thrawn/wampa/hoda - 2.6M
    Palp/sion/DN/hoda/gmy - 1.4M
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The raid is a disaster. I don’t know how it launched in this state and I REALLY don’t know how it’s remained in this state coupled with radio silence. Was the KOTOR content supposed to just sweep it under the rug?

It’s an awful slog to get through and offers pitiful rewards that pale in comparison to easier raids that take a fraction of the time.

Now stop, go back, and reread that bolded section so we can all be on the same page about how poorly this was thought out.

Does anyone at CG play their own game?? Seriously. You can’t tell me a single player in this entire game is content with the current state of the Sith Raid.

I would pay cash money to have a developer look me in the eyes and tell me they think the rewards are in a healthy place.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    It's been said on reddit, they have had alot of positive feedback on the STR. It's just propaganda. They're trying to blind the eyes of the new comers so they'll spend there lunch money.
  • Back to the top.
  • Decay
    108 posts Member
    the fact that being able to score well in the raid is dependent upon not upgrading a toon ( Weak Zombie is needed ) is just an example of how broken this is - you have a GL12 zombie, you leave several million on the floor that you have no way to recover -

Great job in the design CG. Punish us for having an upgraded toon.

YEAHHHHHHHH
  • I’m just here to help this get to 2k responses. HSTR is Incredibly well designed.
    #nerfT1-6
This discussion has been closed.