The Road Ahead: July 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    Every time toons like Bastila are released I am so tempted to whale out, but then i realise it will take 200+ bucks and can't bring myself to pay that insane amount to get one 7* toon lol maybe if I ever win the lottery I will spend like that....

I am p2p and pay some times for gear if I am close to the next gear lvl, like g10 and higher.

For now I am gearing her up, got her g8 and will hopefully have her g11 by the time she is hopefully farmable in the cantina.

Are the new toons the new vets? Can't wait to find out.

Buy the pack that gets her to 4*, then take two months gearing and leveling her. Once she hits shipments, start buying her for crystals. Much cheaper, in the long run.

Yeap, buying for crystals in shipment are much cheaper. I tried to whale bossk. I counted I would by 2 vault and with my crystals I got him till 7* if overage drop would be 7 shards. So I got him only to 6*. Averse drop was not even 7 shards :/
    When she is in shipment it is more relaible and you get 1 shard for 80 crystals vs. 1299 crystals for roughly 5-7 shards.
    You need abou 22,5k crystals for 7* them from shipment. So I am stockpiling my crystals now. I think I have the sum when they are there
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    If Boba's contract doesn't apply to the turrets in the AAT raid, how is are people supposed to activate his contract payout on phase 2?
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    The KOTOR toons along with what they suggest (Revan in the future) are just here to help squash some of the negativity toward the sith raid. The devs know that people will be expecting these new toons to make a significant impact with Revan being the equivalent of CLS in pit. So....We all know what's going to happen. The toons will be released in marquee events, opened at 3*. The typical gear up packs will be released in the store at $9.99 and will probably sell like mad. The crystal upgrade packs will be released as well for a mear 1099 crystals, which will also go like hot cakes. Revan will be released on a dual heroes/villians journey, opening at 7*. Once fully geared people will finally be able to make a decent dent in sith raid and the complaints will subside for a while. All in all, EA/CG is going to make a boatload of cash because of the release of these toons. They are basically capitalizing on the frustration that this raid has created and all of the **** and moaning that players have done on these forums.

*snaps fingers*
    That’s where you’re wrong kiddo.

I refuse to spend money on marquee characters anymore. 3* or 4* makes no difference because you can’t 7* them for ~6 months.

Just because you refuse to spend doesn't mean others won't. This is where you're wrong bud, whales and krackens will buy the packs to have them 7* the day they are released.

And that's their business, not mine. Let people live their lives.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    I give a big high 5 to the Devs, too much negativity, you fixed Greedo and he is amazing now that he does what he is supposed to.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    The KOTOR toons along with what they suggest (Revan in the future) are just here to help squash some of the negativity toward the sith raid. The devs know that people will be expecting these new toons to make a significant impact with Revan being the equivalent of CLS in pit. So....We all know what's going to happen. The toons will be released in marquee events, opened at 3*. The typical gear up packs will be released in the store at $9.99 and will probably sell like mad. The crystal upgrade packs will be released as well for a mear 1099 crystals, which will also go like hot cakes. Revan will be released on a dual heroes/villians journey, opening at 7*. Once fully geared people will finally be able to make a decent dent in sith raid and the complaints will subside for a while. All in all, EA/CG is going to make a boatload of cash because of the release of these toons. They are basically capitalizing on the frustration that this raid has created and all of the **** and moaning that players have done on these forums.

*snaps fingers*
    That’s where you’re wrong kiddo.

I refuse to spend money on marquee characters anymore. 3* or 4* makes no difference because you can’t 7* them for ~6 months.

Just because you refuse to spend doesn't mean others won't. This is where you're wrong bud, whales and krackens will buy the packs to have them 7* the day they are released.

And that's their business, not mine. Let people live their lives.

I don't care either way, to each their own. I was just pointing out that my initial post wasn't wrong.

Yeah, sorry, there's a lot of posts here and I confused the context of yours with someone else's. The point I was trying to make was to the folks who clutch their pearls at the idea of Marquees because won't someone think of the children and how this teaches them to gamble. You weren't making that point, sorry about that!
  • Foxer wrote: »
    I give a big high 5 to the Devs, too much negativity, you fixed Greedo and he is amazing now that he does what he is supposed to.

Yeah, they deserve a big high five for finally fixing a character who has been bugged forever. Maybe in another two years they will fix something else they broke this week and earn a solid fistbump.
  • I didn't see any mention of addressing the mystery that is how character mods effect ship stats. Ships 2.0 was already an epic failure so we really need something to get ship battles fixed.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I didn't see any mention of addressing the mystery that is how character mods effect ship stats. Ships 2.0 was already an epic failure so we really need something to get ship battles fixed.

Because there is no mystery.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I didn't see any mention of addressing the mystery that is how character mods effect ship stats. Ships 2.0 was already an epic failure so we really need something to get ship battles fixed.

Step 1. Equip five dot mod.
    Step 2. Level five dot mod to 15.
    Step 3. ????.
    Step 4. Profit.

... :D
  • Please, please, please... stop teasing and release Revan.
  • caldera
    109 posts Member

It's a place to dump your trash 5* mods. Level them up, put them on crew members that you aren't otherwise using, and you're done.

• Thanks for the good comments on the suggestions. I know a lot of it.:kufabet
    ufabet
    สมัครufabet
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Kanjo wrote: »
    The road ahead should read...

We will balance Traya so that the game isn't broken.

The character you get from farming the toughest raid content SHOULD be part of the meta. She isn’t unbeatable.

lol you guys get so scared when people suggest messing with da whale toys....

I kind of agree with you...but at the same time...it really is funny how "many ppl" get so bent outta shape over possible whale nerfs....

I mean nerfs ok for TIE REAPERS and other things dolphins invest in.....that's cool had to be done lol...... But man suggest a WHALE...nerf and people just lose their Miiiiinnnnnnnddddsssss..

It just funny watching it, kinda all I"m pointing out
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Can't wait for the 50 page mod 2.0 feedback mega-thread that is ignored!

Yet another dumpster fire instead of giving us the simple tool we requested.

How could you hate your customers so badly that you do EVERYTHING you can imagine to drive them off?

Un-grrrrrrrrr-believable.

lol by then the sith feedback thready will be at 120 pages and still ignored
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Kanjo wrote: »
    The road ahead should read...

We will balance Traya so that the game isn't broken.

The character you get from farming the toughest raid content SHOULD be part of the meta. She isn’t unbeatable.

lol you guys get so scared when people suggest messing with da whale toys....

I kind of agree with you...but at the same time...it really is funny how "many ppl" get so bent outta shape over possible whale nerfs....

I mean nerfs ok for TIE REAPERS and other things dolphins invest in.....that's cool had to be done lol...... But man suggest a WHALE...nerf and people just lose their Miiiiinnnnnnnddddsssss..

It just funny watching it, kinda all I"m pointing out

I don’t think anyone is losing their minds over a nerf, if you actually read the context of these comments. Someone complained that Traya was OP. I pointed out that the character you get from farming the toughest raid in the game should be part of the meta, just like GK was when HAAT came out. Traya also isn’t just a “whale toy.” Her shards come from a raid, not overpriced packs. There are, in fact, many F2Pers who are getting Traya shards.

I expect Traya will become less meta as the months wear on, which is generally what happens through the natural cycle of the game.
  • Sergeant
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I was wondering if current mods would be removed from characters/toons when this takes effect? I have messed up my mods to an incredible degree and I want to ensure the best characters get to be modded first with my gold mods. Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance.
    Post edited by Sergeant on
  • Also are we going to be able to donate mods/mod parts through the guild?
  • In the post you say "Slicing requires new pieces of salvage that can be acquired through Mod Battles". I do hope this doesn't mean that we have to do "Mod Battles" and Mod challenges will also drop the salvage...
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    In the post you say "Slicing requires new pieces of salvage that can be acquired through Mod Battles". I do hope this doesn't mean that we have to do "Mod Battles" and Mod challenges will also drop the salvage...

10:1 odds say you have to do Mod Battles and they won't drop from Mod Challenges
  • GRTL wrote: »
    In the post you say "Slicing requires new pieces of salvage that can be acquired through Mod Battles". I do hope this doesn't mean that we have to do "Mod Battles" and Mod challenges will also drop the salvage...

10:1 odds say you have to do Mod Battles and they won't drop from Mod Challenges

Absolutely, so either slice garbage farming or cantina store...but not both. Can’t wait...
  • Aliea
    63 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb Can you please provide a better description of what mod slicing is, how it works and the cost for upgrading secondary stats? I know there was an introductory post made but the details are slim. How will this affect mods we already own that are both equipped and unequipped? Will this new system be a start to 7 dot mods?

Thanks
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    They will be providing more information on how it works before it goes live next week
  • In SWG you went to a smuggler and they "sliced" your weapon, POSSIBLY resulting in a damage increase. Prolly something similar. Other games have it in one form or another. It is like spinning the stat rule of chance.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    All existing mods that should have had a secondary increase and the Mods that didn’t will have one of their secondaries increased. We’ll increase one of the four secondaries to fix the issue for Mods if they have less than the correct amount of secondary increases. The amount of secondaries increases will become transparent to players with the upcoming patch as we will reveal those increases on the Mod screen.
    I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! Where are all those people who earlier were saying I was talking out of my lower half when I was saying I had green mods that didn't get their speed increased? I KNEW IT.
    In SWG you went to a smuggler and they "sliced" your weapon, POSSIBLY resulting in a damage increase. Prolly something similar. Other games have it in one form or another. It is like spinning the stat rule of chance.
    Don't know if you played the Old Republic MMO, but slicing was a profession in that. Slicers would find lockboxes around zones that they could "slice" ("hack," only Star Wars-y) for credits. Slicing missions would give credits, lockboxes, and schematics for craftable weapons. Some dungeons also had special functions if you had a high level slicer, like you could slice a computer to drill a hole in a cavern that would bypass packs, or give you optional bosses, etc. I didn't do many of the dungeons so I can't speak to slicing, specifically, but I remember having someone with whatever the skill that collected plants was would turn off a deadly gas in one.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    @Nic, was that a bug effecting people earlier? I know from experience of upping many green and blues that I'd never seen what you seen, so my first inclination was that you were experiencing a bug. if I get a speed on a green I am happy cause I know it will be guaranteed to be upped, I've always seen this.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    All existing mods that should have had a secondary increase and the Mods that didn’t will have one of their secondaries increased. We’ll increase one of the four secondaries to fix the issue for Mods if they have less than the correct amount of secondary increases. The amount of secondaries increases will become transparent to players with the upcoming patch as we will reveal those increases on the Mod screen.
    I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! Where are all those people who earlier were saying I was talking out of my lower half when I was saying I had green mods that didn't get their speed increased? I KNEW IT.
    In SWG you went to a smuggler and they "sliced" your weapon, POSSIBLY resulting in a damage increase. Prolly something similar. Other games have it in one form or another. It is like spinning the stat rule of chance.
    Don't know if you played the Old Republic MMO, but slicing was a profession in that. Slicers would find lockboxes around zones that they could "slice" ("hack," only Star Wars-y) for credits. Slicing missions would give credits, lockboxes, and schematics for craftable weapons. Some dungeons also had special functions if you had a high level slicer, like you could slice a computer to drill a hole in a cavern that would bypass packs, or give you optional bosses, etc. I didn't do many of the dungeons so I can't speak to slicing, specifically, but I remember having someone with whatever the skill that collected plants was would turn off a deadly gas in one.

Sounds almost like Star Wars Galaxies mmo. Slicers would be needed for pvp base raids to take down their security etc. If you mean SWTOR I played that from launch, but don't remember slicing, might have been added after I stopped playing.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    was that a bug effecting people earlier? I know from experience of upping many green and blues that I'd never seen what you seen, so my first inclination was that you were experiencing a bug. if I get a speed on a green I am happy cause I know it will be guaranteed to be upped, I've always seen this.
    The non-quoted bit of the dev post makes it sound like it was a bug that affected a small number of people, so I think it was such a small number folks just didn’t notice and report. I only could think of maybe a couple times it happened to me, as opposed to the hundreds of mods I’ve leveled over time. I *think* (and this is just a wild, untestable hypothesis) that if you leveled a green from 1 to 15 from the jump it might happen.

Most folks level a green from 1 to 3 to see what speed they get, then sell it if it’s not good or level it 3 to 15 if it is.

Sounds almost like Star Wars Galaxies mmo. Slicers would be needed for pvp base raids to take down their security etc. If you mean SWTOR I played that from launch, but don't remember slicing, might have been added after I stopped playing.
    It was in from the beginning, but it was *horrifically* unbalanced. The cheapest missions of each tier paid for themselves with a tiny profit—enough to cover the occasional failure—and if you crit it would return a profit of 3-4 times the cost. At the highest level you could make a millom credits an hour easy.

So they fixed it, but made it so bad that no one used it :p