New TB themes not happening?

So I may be wrong here, but ever since Hoth TB came out, I assumed we would eventually get new themes for TB. With the recent post regarding bugs to light side TB, I noticed a sentence in there that somewhat concerned me: “ This series of mishaps associated with the Territory Battles has resulted in us significantly re-evaluating our process of updating and altering the Territory Battles.”
Does this mean it’s possible we won’t be getting new TB themes? We’re we ever going to get new TB themes? Just curious and thought I’d ask. Would love to see a Geonosis themed TB with Seperatist and Clones/Jedi be the required factions. Another interesting theme would be Sith/Jedi theme(not too familiar with what planets, if any in lore or canon that can be applied here). What is everyone else’s thoughts on this? Do you think we will see a new TB theme eventually?

Replies

• Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Sounds interesting and I'm sure we will get new themes eventually. This can also introduce new characters ala Hoth Han & Leia. Geonosis would be awesome and it would be perfect timing to re work GG and some of the geonosians as well as introduce Jango Fett as well as new republic Jedi (rework on current ones). Keeping fingers crossed for this to happen later this year or early next year.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Given the nature of the game, the current TB will inevitably become trivial just like Rancor and AAT. When that happens, there is going to be new TB variant, but I wouldn't hope for one before that. And concerning that sentence you cited, I would say it means that they are going to be more wary when making changes to the existing ones, which might actually increase the chances for new ones.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    it could mean that or, it could just mean that they may not carry over updates from other modes into TB. like ships. they may just lock in the game play style as is if they do expand to new territories. but thats just speculation.
  • I doubt they permanently suspend altering TB. It was designed to evolve with the game so it didn’t become as trivial as raids. There are still few guilds that get 45/48 so it has a lot of time before they need to make changes
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    There's still a helluva lot of guilds that get 21, 22, or thereabouts. Let's worry about everyone getting 45* when we get there.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I mean, sure, of COURSE I'd like another Territory Battle, preferably Geonosis and giving Padme and Jango shards for Light/Dark, respectively. But let's not kid ourselves that the reason we need that is because the current ones are too easy and everyone's maxing them out already.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • We don't necessarily have to have a complete overhaul, however a couple new tb exclusive toons like hoda and wampa would be nice.
  • Once everybody else who isn't a whaling/veteran guild has started to get the stars maxed we'll get another one.

DS TB should keep everybody going a while though.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • The thing that I hate about TB is it’s the only mode that is has a strict GP gate. My guild could go 12/12 in combat missions 50x in the last phase and still wouldn’t have enoug GP to 3 Star it. I’ve had the battles on auto for quite a while now, but still can’t get max rewards. It takes like a 200 million GP guild to get 48 Stars. This makes it boring and I’ll never care about any new TB beyond unlocking the new character because the battles make such a small difference anyways.
  • We don't necessarily have to have a complete overhaul, however a couple new tb exclusive toons like hoda and wampa would be nice.

No thanks, it’s been nice being able to finally spend that currency on gear.