GW Trolled Me...

I was 2 away from completing Galactic War. I had the match all wrapped up and set it to auto basic to finish off single opponent remaining and let it run. I was expecting it to be over shortly, but I knew Kylo Ren (Unmasked) would take awhile (as he usually does in later GW matches).

I check it after 5 minutes. Still not dead - full health, actually - from a barrage of basic attacks. Maybe full auto? Ah, but I watched my phone's battery drain for FORTY MINUTES before I gave up.

This wasn't because of lack of skill; it was a simple lack of damage for my level. A level 78 KRU (leader slot) with 2/3 full gold mods, level 7 abilities, and (judging by the purple ring) geared to level 9, it simply wasn't possible for my full Phoenix Squad to kill him.

Only 2 of my characters (Ezra and Hera) could deal more damage than he healed on a basic. I even tried focus-firing him with all high damage attacks manually and keeping his teammates around for the trash firing. As I get him down to a level where I think it's going to work, he heals himself to full by his special attack.

Don't get me wrong; I don't expect it to be easy; I expect it to be POSSIBLE.

TL;DR: KRU single-handedly tanked my full Phoenix Squad for approximately an hour in total. Impossible match-ups aren't fair. Please fix this. :<

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Use more than a basic attack
  • scuba wrote: »
    Use more than a basic attack

:/ Mate.

"Only 2 of my characters (Ezra and Hera) could deal more damage than he healed on a basic. I even tried focus-firing him with all high damage attacks manually and keeping his teammates around for the trash firing."
  • Some teams just aren't good against others. You said it yourself, phoenix can't do enough damage. You need to use another team against them
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    ReedAlert wrote: »

TL;DR: KRU single-handedly tanked my full Phoenix Squad for approximately an hour in total. Impossible match-ups aren't fair. Please fix this. :<

If the matchup is impossible, then change the team on your side. F.ex. there is this thing called healing immunity, which is also covered by shock. Palpatine's event recently appeared, you have a phoenix squad..... what are you waiting for?

• Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    I had similar experience to that and it took me 2 days to kill SOB (KRU), not in one attempt but I did retreat and worked on my characters in between attempts.

If the Phoenix Squad can not kill him there is very good chance nobody else can as nobody else can live to take damage from his friends.
  • Try facing a Zalpatine lead with his BFF Vader with KRU tanking for them.

This was last nights extremely fun experience with Phoenix (they wiped my backup team in one sitting).

Try Phoenix out against a well prepped Nest for more lulz. Just by herself. You can look forward to seeing that in GW as well, hope you have a Nihilus knocking around.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    ReedAlert wrote: »

It is 100% possible. It's called having more than 1 viable team. If you were limited to only being able to use Phoenix in GW, you'd have a potential case. But there are tons of toons in your roster that can take him down. He just happens to be a bit of a counter to a phoenix team.
  • Phoenix is awful onfense... so I’m not surprised
  • Yeah, kru is soft if you hit him with a better team.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Sabine's Armor Shred stacks and doesn't expire. She's your answer to things like that.
  • Use Sabine or try to use Ezra's 'Watch and Learn' and Hera's 'Play to Strengths' with Zeb to try and get as many stuns on him as possible. The AI is clueless when you auto so you miss out on the best strategy.

Saying that sometimes Phoenix just don't cut it, I've had many battles in GW where no matter what i do its just impossible to win, which is frustrating when its the last node or something
  • My Sabine is still weak as a kitten, mainly due to gearing concerns (typical Phoenix), level and starring.

Stars don't matter much of course but gear sure does.

That said my Empire team is getting pretty solid now, still has trouble in some areas but it can murder most things they come across once the rain of debuffs starts. I usually use them on the node 12 teams which have been pretty easy the last couple of weeks for some reason. I'll still be needing to get Stormy up to snuff, for tanking. Shoretrooper will take decades to farm up to useful levels, along with Sion.

I really don't want to bother gearing them any more for now, so Zeb can stay at 8. I'm not made of stun guns.
  • "Kids" these days - I remember back in my day when nodes 11 and 12 were all G12 four or five zeta CLS or GK / Barris teams, all with top arena mods. :-)

(That actually used to be a thing, thankfully sanity prevailed).

There are a couple of toons that can make some GWs really frustrating and, depending on your roster, downright impossible. Fortunately, there is a light at the end of a tunnel that is only 150 victories long when you can start simming it. You don't have to clear every GW (I went three months without finishing them pre-nerf). You just have to clear enough of them so you can start to sim them, then have fun with lower geared team variants.

Phoenix is great for GW because it's survivable and regains protection and health pretty easily. Good thing it doesn't hit like a truck.

Here's a question though - Hera's basic exposes the healthiest enemy. Expose does 20% damage. He heals 8% each time he gets hit. You can use Hera's basic on her turn, and on Ezra's turn, and you have four or five non combat abilities with Zeb / Kanan / Chopper. What's your potency on Hera? Is she just not landing the expose?
  • Two more levels and 45 more goes and pretty much any gameplay is gone after that.

Just grinding, grinding and more grinding. It's amazing how little actual game there is in this game really.

May as well just have called it Star Wars: ATM.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    "Kids" these days - I remember back in my day when nodes 11 and 12 were all G12 four or five zeta CLS or GK / Barris teams, all with top arena mods. :-)

(That actually used to be a thing, thankfully sanity prevailed).

There are a couple of toons that can make some GWs really frustrating and, depending on your roster, downright impossible. Fortunately, there is a light at the end of a tunnel that is only 150 victories long when you can start simming it. You don't have to clear every GW (I went three months without finishing them pre-nerf). You just have to clear enough of them so you can start to sim them, then have fun with lower geared team variants.

Phoenix is great for GW because it's survivable and regains protection and health pretty easily. Good thing it doesn't hit like a truck.

Here's a question though - Hera's basic exposes the healthiest enemy. Expose does 20% damage. He heals 8% each time he gets hit. You can use Hera's basic on her turn, and on Ezra's turn, and you have four or five non combat abilities with Zeb / Kanan / Chopper. What's your potency on Hera? Is she just not landing the expose?
    Scarred unique ability
    Kylo takes reduced damage from Percent Health damage effects
    That typically means the % health effect is reduced by a factor of 50

KRU only takes 0.4% health damage from expose

That said... As other have stated use different characters.
  • My paper doesn't beat scissors.
    Try rock
    But I really like paper.
    Paper does not work. Get a rock.

There are lots of ways to stop UKR. One idea: he can't regen health if he can't hit you, so Foresight would make him sad; bring Logray and his ewok buddies. Another idea: he can't regen health if he can't hit you, so Stun would make him sad; bring Ventress, Spirit, Daka, and their other sisters, or use Zeb and Phoenix on all the assists to keep him Dazed/Stunned like JohnLove11 suggested, and bring Sabine to stack Armor Shred like Poxx suggested.

You can do better than pushing the Auto button. Auto does not take any skill at all.
  • Palp and shock are also a good option. It prevents healing. Sideous also puts healing immunity up. Just a couple of more options.

But itis likely not impossible. It may be impossible with your roster. Hard to tell since you didn't share your roster. But the problem isn't cg, it's your underpowered roster.

Every event isn't going to be possible without working to gear your roster. There are many mythic tiers of events that are impossible until you make a team that can beat them. Gw is mich the same way. You won't win everyday until you have a deeper roster.