Looking to solo the HAAT...

Corrog
308 posts Member
Hey, guys. I'm in a small guild, at the moment, where we have Heroic Rancor on farm, and NAAT on farm as well. Today, to finish p2, I tried the solo team (Ackbar, Thrawn, CLS, Hyoda, BB8). I surprised myself by clearing the rest of the raid entirely.

We tried Heroic before, and got stuck in phase 3 (I was an **** and didn't escape my CLS in phase 1, so couldn't try this team then). I want to be sure we'll succeed before trying again. Can anyone look over my roster and let me know what teams I can have ready in case I fail again? My profile is:

Corrog

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Have you considered bringing in a merc or two to provide some comfort.

You personally dont have the mods or the gear to the majority of haat.

You can solo phase 1 with the cls retreat trick, but you need another 40-50 speed on cls and bb8 before you can tuink of going from phase 2-4.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    G12 phoenix can probably pull the guts of a million in phase 1 and 4

Resistance with their current gear can probably do 10-20% of phase 2 or 4. Id do phase 2 with them because you will need to escape bb8 to use in your ackbar team.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    You can solo phase 1 with the cls retreat trick, but you need another 40-50 speed on cls and bb8 before you can tuink of going from phase 2-4.

While I agree that bringing in a merc or two is a good idea, how can you say that OP can't go from 2-4 when they've already said that's exactly what they just did?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

While I agree that bringing in a merc or two is a good idea, how can you say that OP can't go from 2-4 when they've already said that's exactly what they just did?

He did 2-4 in naat, that doesnt mean he can do it in haat.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Ackbar, BB-8, Wampa, Hoda, and CLS can clear it. Also zVader, BB-8, Wampa, Thrawn, and CLS
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2018
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    With a g10 BB8 make sure to load it up with not only speed but also some protection through mods. You need to keep it alive. That same team can solo all of phase 3 and a large chunk of phase 4 as well, but without either Wampa or Asajj, you probably won't finish phase 4 as well. However, there are so many other teams that do well in phase 4. Phase 4 is rarely a problem.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    korrok-john-dies-at-the-end-49.6.jpg

I believe the monster shown here would know what to do.

If all you are worried about is beating the HAAT, you should be ready. Just do your attempts against GG in airplane mode to avoid accidentally losing CLS too early.

I don't believe the Ackbar lead is capable of soloing the whole raid. At least I haven't seen that. Zader lead with Wampa seems to be the key to a whole raid solo team from what I've seen.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    I can and have soloed phase 1, easily actually, the last time around. I just didn't escape my CLS and Hoda.

If it helps, my guild has a few people work good-great teams outside of HAAT, but nothing specifically made for HAAT outside of Princess Zody.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member

Is it just CLS's speed, in your opinion, that is keeping me from soloing the rest of the raid? I have lots of characters with speed secondaries on my various teams. I'm sure I could upgrade speed a good bit.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Corrog wrote: »

Is it just CLS's speed, in your opinion, that is keeping me from soloing the rest of the raid? I have lots of characters with speed secondaries on my various teams. I'm sure I could upgrade speed a good bit.

As i said i would guess you need another 50 speed on cls and bb8 to have a hope. I dont know if you would need g11 and g12 too.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

You should of course move your best mods to your hAAT team(s) until you have it on farm. That goes without saying. Good mods make a huge difference over mediocre mods.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

As i said i would guess you need another 50 speed on cls and bb8 to have a hope. I dont know if you would need g11 and g12 too.

G11 and g12? 15% of p2 and all of p3 and p4 can be done with g9 CLS, g10 BB8, g10 Asajj and g11Thrawn (above average but not godly mods, though mod'ed wisely). I'm not sure about the HY version, but I doubt that g11 and g12 are required (but of course every level/piece helps).
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Waqui wrote: »
    ...without either Wampa or Asajj, you probably won't finish phase 4 as well.

I've done it easily with Thrawn; OP's exact team. Wampa or Ventress might get p4 done sooner but with both Hoda and BB-8, CLS gets enough assists to take it down. I haven't checked OP's mods yet, but the team comp itself isn't a problem.

Woodroward wrote: »
    korrok-john-dies-at-the-end-49.6.jpg

I don't believe the Ackbar lead is capable of soloing the whole raid. At least I haven't seen that. Zader lead with Wampa seems to be the key to a whole raid solo team from what I've seen.

Ackbar lead can, but you need Wampa. AA, CLS, Hoda, BB-8, Wampa.
  • In P1, you can solo it with just CLS. just escape at every opportunity and re-enter. it takes several shots at the phase.

also, Dathcha (L), CLS and Raid Han can solo P1 w/o escapes.

If you need to clean up P4, use Princess Zody. zCody (L), 5s, Echo, Clone SGT and Princess Leia.

I have seen a team of Ackbar (L), CLS, Ventriss, Thrawn and BB8 solo finish the raid from around 30% left in P2. it is all G12+ and well modded.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    So I just looked at your mods, OP. You are probably a ways away from a full solo, but I think you could be clos to an end of p2 to finish team.

I agree with above that you should get some more speed on CLS. But also, Secret Intel gives 25% potency, Master's Training gives another 25%, and CLS gets 40% from his unique. So you can probably take the potency cross off and put offense instead if you can find one with a speed secondary.

But for the love of all droids, put more speed on BB-8! At least put an arrow on him! If you can't find one anywhere else, your Grievous has one he's not using. Grievous also has a +13 secondary collecting dust on him, and your Dooku has some 10+ secondaries as well.

Your Thrawn should be faster too, if you can manage.

More gear on BB-8 is great, but between Hermit Yoda, Thrawn, and Illuminated Destiny, I think your g10 is adequate. He just needs MOAR SPEED.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    HAAT P1.. I took 3 characters: CLS(zBind) zHan Jyn. Try to escape CLS, who needed soloing P3,P4. They could make over 3M dmg at p1. P2, I use KRU KR FOE FOO FOTP.(over 4M dmg) After p2 tank health is less than 25%, use Ackbar Lead team with BB-8 CLS Thrawn Asajj. I give zeta at CLS (bind) and Asajj’s unique. You can finish P2(25%) to P4.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I don't believe the Ackbar lead is capable of soloing the whole raid. At least I haven't seen that.

@Woodroward https://youtube.com/watch?v=i_e9UBu52UA