Sith Fighter and Ship Marquee Bundle Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• I do feel for those who spent a Zeta on GMY

I have just put the second Zeta on GMY, and as im F2P no need to feel sorry for me, that leadership Zeta will get lots of use over the next 6-9 months before the other one becomes farmable.

and Zetas only have a short life mostly before something else comes along that is shinier and newer and better in order for EA/CG to continue farming the whales, so no point in worrying about long term usage of a Zeta.
  • Natos wrote: »
    A character that most players at least have unlocked. A ship with no other faction synergy. Roll the dice and pay 3x as much to see if the ship is any good?

Do you guys even know how to do market research BEFORE you develop things? Hard pass.

Well u are wrong on the synergy part... It gets twice the crit chance bonus when scimitar reinforces. HA! Great synergy there!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Dang I was hoping for the release of a Sith Soldier - as seen in Jollee and Bastilla's marquee events to be the pilot for this new ship.

Wasted opportunity to introduce a new toon to the game - secretly building up Malak's forces.

The promotion did say Malak's sith forces ship - correct me if I am wrong, but sith assassin did not come into play until KOTOR 2. So how the sith assassin is piloting the sith fighter is anyone's guess.

Just EA doing what they want with the game...again.
  • Well it has been a great month for KOTOR characters but here is my question
    WHERE ARE THE OTHER 3 KOTOR CHARACTERS and the sith fighter????
    It's almost August!I'm starting to get worried
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    They more than likely are pulling the data from people who bought the KOTOR packs, which is probably not as much as they thought. They are soon going to relize that, it doesn't matter what they push this game is a slow death. Even new comers are leveling and then seeing they won't and can't even make a dent in the STR.

So they are probably talking to each other and asking the question. Hmm? I wonder why we don't have as many suckers opening their wallet as the past 2 years, maybe it's our awful plans starting Dec 2017? No no we know all and these lemmings will fall off the cliff just like they have for the past 2 and a half years.

I really sincerely hope these packs tank, and the next pack tanks. They need to see the player base actually plays this game they don't. The money Train is stopping.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Well it has been a great month for KOTOR characters but here is my question

It’s a quarterly update. They have 3 months to get everything out. As we are July 24th, they still have around 9 weeks to get a few toons out and mod management.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Why do they not make a Sith Empire character, such as Darth Malgus?

Yeah, this :smile:

• Nitrogen wrote: »
    Why do they not make a Sith Empire character, such as Darth Malgus?

Yeah, this :smile:

Yes, let's make Vader faster :)
  • Roon
    35 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb No thank you! I typically purchase this sort of pack, but definitely not this time. Anyone not fairly new to the game would have Sith Assasin 7* by now, especially after all the rumour based panic farming that happened for SA and Sith Trooper. This seems like a money grab, plain and simple. If you break this up so I can purchase the ship, since I have no intention of buying 50 shard shop credits, then and only then will my wallet open. Keep this as is, it stays closed. I hope this experiment proves to be a resounding failure.
  • This seems nice, but I have a doubt: why do this people release a new ship that is NOT ANAKIN'S JEDI STARFIGHTER?? Cheers
  • Will I buy this pack? hmmm ...

giphy.gif
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Well it has been a great month for KOTOR characters but here is my question

They will be released in August - everything gets pushed back to August, didn't ya know :wink:
  • Matt_B
    149 posts Member
    It’s been a while...can someone remind me if SA unlocks at 2* or 3*? I thought it was 2 but now I’m reading in this thread that it’s 3.
  • Why do they not make a Sith Empire character, such as Darth Malgus?

Pretty much the poster boy for TOR, as well as Satele Shan who would likely usher in the supreme Jedi meta.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Matt_B wrote: »
    It’s been a while...can someone remind me if SA unlocks at 2* or 3*? I thought it was 2 but now I’m reading in this thread that it’s 3.

She’s a 3 star unlock.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Will the sith assassin now be available in the ship arena store?
  • Is anyone else a bit underwhelmed after playing the marquee with the new ship?

It definitely doesn't seem worth trying crazy expensive pack now.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Is anyone else a bit underwhelmed after playing the marquee with the new ship?

Yeap. I thought it would be at least good. But it is not even meh
    There are only two sith ships: Vader and Maul. And Maul unique gives crit chance for the siths... aaaaaand sith fighter cannot crit! Lol. Great synergy!
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Anyone else notice the pack released is actually $30.99. Not $29.99. All other packs are $0.01 less than the nearest $10 denomination. Packs also in the store right now are $9.99 and $19.99 and $69.99. But not this one. The one that already has a ton of controversy about the tactics is $1.00 more than most packs released at that price range. I mean $1 is nothing really, bu I find it funny that they are trying to squeeze every last dime out to the point they grub out another dollar. Cracks me up. Will the greed never end? I get a company has to make money, but this is hysterical.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Ha. I actually also just went back and looked and it said originally $29.99. They must have heard our feedback just like they did with STR so upped it a $1.00. Hear you loud and clear SWGOH community so we're upping the price even more. Cracks me up. I mean I'm not buying it so it doesn't affect me and luckily I don't get angry about video games and pixels, but cracks me up. Most people throw the term lol out too frequently but I am literally laughing out loud right now. so I guess that llol.
  • MntMan wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the pack released is actually $30.99. Not $29.99. All other packs are $0.01 less than the nearest $10 denomination. Packs also in the store right now are $9.99 and $19.99 and $69.99. But not this one. The one that already has a ton of controversy about the tactics is $1.00 more than most packs released at that price range. I mean $1 is nothing really, bu I find it funny that they are trying to squeeze every last dime out to the point they grub out another dollar. Cracks me up. Will the greed never end? I get a company has to make money, but this is hysterical.

41.99$ in Canada...
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Dark_Light wrote: »

41.99$ in Canada...

That's a lot of loonies for not much toonies.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Is anyone else a bit underwhelmed after playing the marquee with the new ship?

no but the ppl who whale the crystal pack will prob be able to max reinforcements and omegas on about half their fleet pretty sick TW fleets anyway

EDIT then again it's prob 1 every time so what 60 reinforce 60 omegas..meh
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Wonder if the community manager will explain the 1.00 price increase players would just like to know if it's a mistake or greed... well not me that pack is lol I wonder if the dollar is like the rake in a poker game or the commission in pai gow...
  • The known issues post still does not address the fact that lower level accounts cannot come close to completing the first tier of the marquee event. @CG_SBCrumb

It would be nice to know if it is intended that lower level accounts are not going to get the ship through the marquee.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    xanderxman wrote: »
    The known issues post still does not address the fact that lower level accounts cannot come close to completing the first tier of the marquee event. @CG_SBCrumb

It would be nice to know if it is intended that lower level accounts are not going to get the ship through the marquee.

Now this, this I find funny :D
    Even though its terrible and sucky for new players. but wow xD
    They must have bugged the marque buffs, the ship should be strong enough to solo it.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    The known issues post still does not address the fact that lower level accounts cannot come close to completing the first tier of the marquee event. @CG_SBCrumb

They must have bugged the marque buffs, the ship should be strong enough to solo it.

Or this ship just sucks.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • Gorem wrote: »

The Sith Ship is about as good, if only slightly better than the enemy ships.

The only hope you have is to have your best HP ships "tank" while the sith fighter does all the dirty work. Tie Silencer, Biggs, Clone SGT Arc, Jedi Consular are the ones I use. My Imp and FO Ties are better than all but the Silencer, but can't take a hit for anything. They can't stick a target lock either. I've gotten almost to Tarkin's Ultimate on this level 63 acct to have a chance but died before he could go. Can't beat the Tarkin challenge because I don't have enough ships of appropriate star level.
  • I don't understand. Did the SWGOH team intentionally make this Marquee unbeatable for low level players? It seems like this was just an oversight, as it's a lvl 20 event, but they haven't said anything about it.

I'm level 72 and can't win with a 54k power ship team
  • Darknuke wrote: »
    I don't understand. Did the SWGOH team intentionally make this Marquee unbeatable for low level players? It seems like this was just an oversight, as it's a lvl 20 event, but they haven't said anything about it.

I'm level 72 and can't win with a 54k power ship team

I agree. My alt has the same problem. Apparently lower levels are not meant to have the ship. The silence is deafening. This is a complete change from every other marquee event. Would be nice to get some insight. @CG_SBCrumb