Problems with starter guild raids

Moldrak
41 posts Member
Three times now while in the middle of a raid I inadvertently completed a quest that bumped me to the next guild tier. So three times I've lost a chance at rewards . the whole point of starter guilds was to give new players access to raid rewards.

What's worse is the guld I'm in now has a Treya raid almost done but something on the order of 80 people have done tons of damage already and a most none of them are still in the guild.

There needs to be a deliberate action to bump people out of a starter guild (a confirmation box would be nice) or at least let us get the rewards after the fact.

Replies

• Or simply just look for a real guild, the starter guilds appear to be a joke
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    @ GhostTruckin
    I too have problem with getting "promoted" and losing possible rewards. What is the worst I got promoted to newly created Tier 6 guild and we can not even do raids for now (no raid tickets yet).
    While ago I was told as a new player I should stay in starter guild as they are more active and that actual guilds don't take newer and lower level players.

It would not be hard for them to do promotion on set day (once a week) and to give us warning that next "promotion day" we are getting promoted. And giving us some reward would be nice too as we are getting hosed in current system.
  • That is not good advice imo , there are plenty of guilds ranging from new players to launch, there would be far better guilds to be in, if for no other reason then the stupid auto promotion, or, demotion that these starter guilds employ. That’s a terrible and frankly stupid mechanic that seems to punish players constantly, based on the limited numbe ri have seen post, and that I have talked to myself. I’m sure you could find a good guild to join, a real guild, and you would get far better experience.

Personally, I would refuse to play in a starter guild, the first time it auto kicked me would be the last time.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Assuming you have a 7 star character find a guild doing heroic raids that can carry you to raid han and general kenobi.

Theres plenty of 20-70 million gp guilds desperate for numbers that will accept all comers that generate tickets.
  • This just happened to me too. I agree. It punishes players!
    1) Keeping people previously kicked out on the leader boards means that active players don't get those reward tier slots
    2) getting kicked out (by inadvertantly completing a quest no less) just before completing a raid in which I was in top position! Gah!!!

Almost enough to make me quit. Sure there are plenty of guilds out there, but in my searching, I see plenty that have 5 active people and 20 non-active. What if I find an active guild where everyone is a powerhouse but me. Won't I always be in the bottom tier for rewards?!

• Aldaer wrote: »
    This just happened to me too. I agree. It punishes players!
    1) Keeping people previously kicked out on the leader boards means that active players don't get those reward tier slots
    2) getting kicked out (by inadvertantly completing a quest no less) just before completing a raid in which I was in top position! Gah!!!

Almost enough to make me quit. Sure there are plenty of guilds out there, but in my searching, I see plenty that have 5 active people and 20 non-active. What if I find an active guild where everyone is a powerhouse but me. Won't I always be in the bottom tier for rewards?!

Yes you will be in the bottom ranks for a long time, but you will still be better off completing higher tier raids more often and placing low than finishing first on a low tier once or twice a week
  • Check out the guild recruitment page, we are looking for players
  • Anyone here wants to join a guild ? Send me ally request 576 676 816 and i will send you an invite. Heroic AAT and Rancor.
  • Leave starter guilds... and join a real guild.....they are called starter guilds for a reason...they are not designed to sit in them forever.
  • Starter guilds have almost killed recruiting for new guilds.
  • The auto promotion seems an unbelievable flaw. Unless you happen to be transitting when a raid is actually completed, you don’t see any rewards. Would be good if either: your contribution to a raid was preserved after promotion (so you may not win a top prize, but would at least see something), or completing a raid was part of the promotion criteria. Oh, well, guess I’ll have to try and find a real guild that can make use of my intermediate level characters...