Truly budget Bastila team

Hi guys,

New guy on a new shard where everyone started phoenix and moved/is moving to Palp Lead, vader, thrawn, tfp/sion/stormtrooper. The shard is literally crawling with them.

I also jumped on the bandwagon and got 7* ep lead g9, 6* g9 vader, 6* g7 thrawn, 6* g7 tarkin and 5* g8 tfp. Should i keep uprading these guys or should I switch over to what I call a budget Jedi team to counter the one above:
- 4* bastila L no gear atm, 7* almost g9 ezra, 7* g8 kanan, halfway unlocked old ben and 2* no gear qgj.

Would this team work in the arena or not? And why?

Replies

• Lol work yes.. work Well? Debatable lol.. you'll probably get steam rolled over and over again unless you got QGJ to at least 5* and their gear to 9ish, same with Bastilla sans 5*
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Dependind on your arena shard. You will of course need to level, gear and star them alle.
    I read somewhere that Kanan and Old Ben was proper budget alternatives for some of the harder to get toons. And QGJ is a decent attacker, but with random assist calling.
    And it probably would perform worse on defence than the "expensive" Bastilla lead team.

FYI:
    I ran 4* G11 zBastilla (L) with 7* G12+3 zzGMY, 7* G12 zHyoda, 7* G11 Ezra and 7* G12+3 GK in arena for a few days, and it performed way worse on defence than my six month old zzzJTR, zBB8, zzR2, zThrawn and GK team (all 7* G12+3). Feels VERY much like I wasted 4 zeta and a crap-load of gear to find that out. Thankfully we have TB, TW and STR.
  • Lol work yes.. work Well? Debatable lol.. you'll probably get steam rolled over and over again unless you got QGJ to at least 5* and their gear to 9ish, same with Bastilla sans 5*

Guess I should have been more specific here. I intend to take them all (except bastila, she’ll be 4 stars until farmable) to 7* g8-9, in order to help me get GMY. I will then pair them with Hoda and run that team to neutrt Palp teams. It looks like a huge investment so I’m trying to see otber opinions before making thr change.
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Dependind on your arena shard. You will of course need to level, gear and star them alle.
    I read somewhere that Kanan and Old Ben was proper budget alternatives for some of the harder to get toons. And QGJ is a decent attacker, but with random assist calling.
    And it probably would perform worse on defence than the "expensive" Bastilla lead team.

FYI:
    I ran 4* G11 zBastilla (L) with 7* G12+3 zzGMY, 7* G12 zHyoda, 7* G11 Ezra and 7* G12+3 GK in arena for a few days, and it performed way worse on defence than my six month old zzzJTR, zBB8, zzR2, zThrawn and GK team (all 7* G12+3). Feels VERY much like I wasted 4 zeta and a ****-load of gear to find that out. Thankfully we have TB, TW and STR.

Curious. I heard that Old Ben is actually on par with GK on this team, while I can see some synergy with Kanan (protection up would mean recovey of the Tenacity bonus from Bastila lead). Is it the damage that is lacking? Cuz I would imagine 2 tanks would be good for defense. They fractre one, the other can still taunt.
  • By your roster I was guessing you were a brand new 70, how do you have hermit Yoda in your plans already?
  • If you have DN and Ezra, plugging them both in together with Bastila lead, GMY, and Old Ben makes a great team. See Mobile Gamer's video.
  • Gk works in place of old ben too. DN is a good fit and Ezra is best option after GYM. JKA I have seen in there in top 10 on my shard in place of ezra too. Not as good but will work.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Bastilla (L) GM Yoda, Old Ben, Ezra, any healer( Jolee Bindo, Bariss, HYoda if you can)
  • Rsaetan
    36 posts Member
    I would not do healer. I have 5 jedi teams in my top 50 with me (I run palp and have a NS team that works too). only 1 runs a run healer (Bariss, I have a older shard though). Also from experience fighting them a lot, a healer makes them much easier. Jolee in that group is not good for that team. Without a healer my EP team struggles a lot more against the.

They have s o much protection a healer does little. Once protection is gone they are dead fast, no time to heal, not enough health pool to live. Ezra has no health, but with 40000% protection he can live a while.
  • You really want Grandmaster Yoda. But he’s pretty easy to get, any two Jedi added to Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben should earn him.

After that, with a shard as young as yours sounds, you should be good to go in Arena with Bastila, Ezra, Yoda, Kanan, Old Ben. AhnaldT101 showed that that team works, though it isn’t the absolute best.

Granted, it may be a decently long farm to get that far (Old Ben isn’t too easy, and you need 5 5* Jedi just to unlock Yoda) but you’re moving in the right direction. You need Old Ben for CLS anyway, so no reason not to farm him. I’d say you should consider farming Luminara as a Jedi lead for unlocking Yoda, just because she’s so easy to get. You won’t use her much later, so just don’t worry too much about gear. I still have mine only at G6. (For a fifth it’s up to you. I think I used Ahsoka, who I farmed also for her ship.)

Bastila is just a super lead. Far better once you Zeta her lead, because you are virtually immune to debuffs. A great counter to Palp (I say from experience—I’m running her in a Palp shard myself). Holds decently on defense too.

Good luck.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • 2 different people mentioned Darth Nihilus on their jedi team, or is there another DN I'm not remembering?