T3-M4

Replies

• @Calastar fair point
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    KorrinX wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »
    if you have apple, just get an android emulator and link the GOH account to a dummy google account, then get the android exclusive, problem solved

I assume this is less than legal, and would require jail breaking my phone? I’m not keen on doing something illegal to get a character in a game.

I get it’s a promotion, and Apple don’t do that sort of thing whereas Android do...so don’t do it as a promotion. It’s not like we don’t have marquee events all the time anyways.

You can just get the android emulator on PC such as Bluestacks or Droid4x. No need to do anything to your phone.

As far as I am aware SWGOH doesn't forbid the use of emulators. Also Android is a free operating system so emulators for it are perfectly legal.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    T3-M4 is coming to iOS in the future. Right now the Marquee Event, Bundles and Packs for T3 are only available on Android devices but ALL of these will appear on iOS as well. Dates for iOS TBA

But what about the release cadence?

Im more interested in when he becomes farmable..
  • Calastar wrote: »
    Oh. And he is a Marquee instead of a legendary event like the other droids. Why not. He totally didn't do anything cool at all. He wasn't an extremely vital part of the Old Republic. Not at all. That's why he has a Marquee event.

IKR. He wasn't in two games at all, alongside very significant characters.

More roster clutter to ignore anyway. Not sure why iOS users are overly concerned., if they buy apple products they haven't got money left anyway. :trollface:
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Should be released at regular cadence starting when the android release starts. Anything less is just uncivilized
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    And I still don’t know the reason for this...
  • Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    We've partnered with Google Play to bring T3-M4 to players early in a limited time exclusive. The exact exclusivity period will not be disclosed at this time, however iOS players will soon have a chance to obtain this popular character from KOTOR.

Unlike the K2S0 promotion, this is a normal marquee, so everyone gets the same thing in the end, I.e., no 7* character on one platform and nothing on the other.

Why am I reading this someone other than the official forums?

Did I miss it somewhere?

This.... official announcements should be placed first on the official site. That’s just proper etiquette.
    As far as the marquee, that is truly the prerogative of CG.

• Well there's a fine how do you do! Thanks once again CG! :/
    Go Pens!
  • I think iOS players would have a better chance complaining to Apple. I really don’t think the devs care about our complaints here. On the other hand I’ve never had a bad experience with Apple customer service
  • I really don’t think the devs care about our complaints here.

Fixed that for you.
    Go Pens!
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, it’s obviously time to go download bluestacks. This was just the motivation that I needed to finally waste an hour and download it. If someone has IOS & Android do they get to do the event twice? This could turn out to be a great thing.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    KorrinX wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »
    if you have apple, just get an android emulator and link the GOH account to a dummy google account, then get the android exclusive, problem solved

I assume this is less than legal, and would require jail breaking my phone? I’m not keen on doing something illegal to get a character in a game.

I get it’s a promotion, and Apple don’t do that sort of thing whereas Android do...so don’t do it as a promotion. It’s not like we don’t have marquee events all the time anyways.

Not at all illegal. There is a link your account option in the game now, allowing you to play your account on both platforms.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    So if a revan event happens we are not even gonna be able to farm him in time? lol
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    I honestly don’t know how to do that. Any help would be appreciated. I need to transfer lead from my android alt and don’t have my tablet with me to do that.

download memu on your computer, and setup a dummy gmail account to use within memu. Then you can download SWGOH, and use the link your account feature in game settings and use the code to open your account within memu
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    T3-M4 is coming to iOS in the future. Right now the Marquee Event, Bundles and Packs for T3 are only available on Android devices but ALL of these will appear on iOS as well. Dates for iOS TBA

Where’s the comment dislike button?
  • Jaxom wrote: »
    I honestly don’t know how to do that. Any help would be appreciated. I need to transfer lead from my android alt and don’t have my tablet with me to do that.

download memu on your computer, and setup a dummy gmail account to use within memu. Then you can download SWGOH, and use the link your account feature in game settings and use the code to open your account within memu

Thank you very much. I’ll get on that tomorrow. Big thumbs up man
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    Same thing happened with K2SO and look how he turned out.

Not that I condone the idea of Android or IOS exclusive characters but I doubt he'll be any good.
  • CG... you did it again. I got banned during the K-2SO debacle due to overly sharing my displeasure at giving a 7* character to half the user base. But—at least this time—it's a 3* character and we can use emulators to work the system. So... you shouldn't have to ban me again this time.

For now.

I'll let you know if things change.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Where’s the comment dislike button?

Mine is in my pocket, with my credit card. I'd suggest other iPhone uses keep their dislike buttons right next to their credit cards, in their pockets, for the foreseeable future.
    Go Pens!
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    What does it matter if some will have him a week (or more) earlier? In the end everyone will get him at 3*.
  • Cal00054
    158 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Smh
  • Revan21
    13 posts Member
    I'm more upset at the fact that he has zero synergy with old republic toons. Isn't he suppose to be the droid equivalent of R2 and BB-8? At the very least one of his zetas should have had something old republic based smh
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    Also I call false advertising. Nowhere did you say T3-M4 was gonna be Android exclusive with no announced release date when you introduced this. Hyping us up for this much and then letting us down ... thats the CGEA way. Good job guys!

When they introduced this? What have they introduced? A single post in this thread in response to a reddit post by gg doesn't count as an introduction in my book.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It’s honestly just the principle of the whole situation. Just bad business on cg/ea’s part. Not sour grapes just I’d be saying the same thing if it was an iOS exclusive. It’s just the way I view our collective community as swgoh players.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Starting to seem like Rogue One 2.0 rather than Phoenix 2.0. I bet they string us along more with the Revan possibility. Meaning, these characters won’t mean anything other than getting more themed characters in game that don’t lead up to anything. MAYBE Malak
  • Calastar wrote: »
    Oh. And he is a Marquee instead of a legendary event like the other droids. Why not. He totally didn't do anything cool at all. He wasn't an extremely vital part of the Old Republic. Not at all. That's why he has a Marquee event.

IKR. He wasn't in two games at all, alongside very significant characters.

More roster clutter to ignore anyway. Not sure why iOS users are overly concerned., if they buy apple products they haven't got money left anyway. :trollface:

Well played XD :trollface:
  • It’s honestly just the principle of the whole situation. Just bad business on cg/ea’s part. Not sour grapes just I’d be saying the same thing if it was an iOS exclusive. It’s just the way I view our collective community as swgoh players.

CG was paid off who knows how much money to make this an android exclusive. They crunched the numbers on how much $$$ they would lose and decided no... we make more $$$ with this being a sponsored exclusive. The real question is how much did Android/google pay CG? Any guesses? $25,000? Higher? Lower?