T3-M4

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Hi folks,
    A quick reminder that we do not officially support third party emulators and to use them at your own risk. We cannot provide you technical assistance if you have issues when using an emulator on a PC.

Linking devices is totally fine though. There's a button in the settings menu that walks you through the details of how to Iink devices together.
  • I assume we'll get him at more than 3*right?woukdnt make much sense to have a promotion and just get a toon like usual
  • @CG_SBCrumb when will we hear the story of what is going on with T3-M4 on the forums here?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    A quick reminder that we do not officially support third party emulators and to use them at your own risk. We cannot provide you technical assistance if you have issues when using an emulator on a PC.

Linking devices is totally fine though. There's a button in the settings menu that walks you through the details of how to Iink devices together.

As I suspected - so how are iOS players supposed to get this character? Is my money not worth the same to you as an Android players?

• Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Could everyone at least have access to the $9.99 pack to open him at one star? Still not an ideal solution for everyone, but I usually buy the packs anyway
  • I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.
  • Jaxom wrote: »
    if you have apple, just get an android emulator and link the GOH account to a dummy google account, then get the android exclusive, problem solved

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie Can you confirm that this is correct?
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    Could everyone at least have access to the $9.99 pack to open him at one star? Still not an ideal solution for everyone, but I usually buy the packs anyway

That is definitely a no-no ... not the solution. It would show the greed of CGEA. They can't deny it then anymore.

Though its a move I can see CGEA make.

Seriously? This isn’t greed based enough already? Look at the thrust of the thread: they ARE ignoring it outright. They got paid to pitch to a set of users. P2P will always be in a class buy (hehe) itself anyway. (I understand Apple could have done the same, but I’d still buy the 9.99 pack. I see it as mutually exclusive to the promotion)
  • So half of any guild will not even have access to a platoon character in Tb. Sounds like a great plan to keep people interested in trying to keep up.
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

Ugh ... don't be that guy.

Dude, just look at your comments in this topic and tell me I'm wrong. Sure, the devs make a lot of mistakes and seem out of touch at what we want at times, but complaining about this is ridiculous. There is nothing worth complaining about here.
  • EA-Style. Nothing else to say. Just the worst kind of style.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    Maelice wrote: »
    So half of any guild will not even have access to a platoon character in Tb. Sounds like a great plan to keep people interested in trying to keep up.

So is this with all Marquee characters in F2P guilds
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    errr, are people really upset about this? K2SO's roll out was much worse annnnd..... literally no one uses him..... so.... what's the big deal? another support droid..... woopee! other droids can TL all toons and he only gets to do so one at a time and only randomly.... more... shrug? i mean i get for the sake of completion i'd like the toon as well but when i'd get the 3 star version seems.... really not a big deal. The only use i have for 3 star toons is to test them out in GW to see if there's any synergies at low gear/level anyway
  • KorrinX wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »
    if you have apple, just get an android emulator and link the GOH account to a dummy google account, then get the android exclusive, problem solved

I assume this is less than legal, and would require jail breaking my phone? I’m not keen on doing something illegal to get a character in a game.

I get it’s a promotion, and Apple don’t do that sort of thing whereas Android do...so don’t do it as a promotion. It’s not like we don’t have marquee events all the time anyways.

emulators are legal and its not on mobile, you download one to a computer
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    M_L wrote: »
    errr, are people really upset about this? K2SO's roll out was much worse annnnd..... literally no one uses him..... so.... what's the big deal? another support droid..... woopee! other droids can TL all toons and he only gets to do so one at a time and only randomly.... more... shrug? i mean i get for the sake of completion i'd like the toon as well but when i'd get the 3 star version seems.... really not a big deal. The only use i have for 3 star toons is to test them out in GW to see if there's any synergies at low gear/level anyway

More like people are upset about the fact that CGEA treats Android players different then iOS players. This feels like the somanieth middle finger to their player base.

Because when Google comes and gives you money you say no
  • IceNine
    48 posts Member
    iOS should get early access to the Sith Fighter to make things even :)
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    IceNine wrote: »
    iOS should get early access to the Sith Fighter to make things even :)

You find a company that will pay CG to do so then by all means
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    CG doesn't just decide that Android gets it first just because folks.

The conversation probably goes a lot like this:

CG: We want to be featured front page on the play store
    Google: Okay, but you have to give android users some kind of exclusive benefit
    CG: Okay. Last time we gave them a character and we were never forgiven, so this time we'll let them get a character a week early.

The other one went like this:

CG: We want to be featured front page on the app store
    Apple: Pay us.
    CG: No.
    Apple: Then go to hell.
  • I usually cut the devs a lot of slack, but this is the kind of thing that really angers me. When you’d rather take a payoff from a giant corporation than treat the entire player base equitably, it’s going to hurt the health of the game. Even if this is just a tiny period of exclusivity, and the character isn’t game-breaking, it clearly establishes the precedent that the company will sell out the players for the right price.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Viserys wrote: »
    CG doesn't just decide that Android gets it first just because folks.

The conversation probably goes a lot like this:

CG: We want to be featured front page on the play store
    Google: Okay, but you have to give android users some kind of exclusive benefit
    CG: Okay. Last time we gave them a character and we were never forgiven, so this time we'll let them get a character a week early.

The other one went like this:

CG: We want to be featured front page on the app store
    Apple: Pay us.
    CG: No.
    Apple: Then go to hell.

not this again

Reminds me of back with k2sO.. Criiiiinge! lol
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    I usually cut the devs a lot of slack, but this is the kind of thing that really angers me. When you’d rather take a payoff from a giant corporation than treat the entire player base equitably, it’s going to hurt the health of the game. Even if this is just a tiny period of exclusivity, and the character isn’t game-breaking, it clearly establishes the precedent that the company will sell out the players for the right price.

So you would say no to the money if you were a Dev? Cause I would absolutely take the money
  • flux_rono
    2108 posts Member
    Most of you people here are just complaining at something that the iphone platform doesnt seem to care about... back with k2so and cassian, i heard it was a thing of 'hey android will you sponser us and we will give your phone bases k2so for free/early, and iphone same goes for you but with cassian' the android company actaully paid for the promotion while iphones didnt so ya we got the deal... IS IT FAIR NO but thats what our respective phone companies choose.
    Its probably a similar thing now but maybe android asked them to do it for t3m4 so we get him a week early or a month early (idk). Plus for all we know once hes out the iphones will get one of the other 2 characters first before us adroids users. And they are keeping that q secret until its time.

This is basically am add for android phones and a way to promite them. Nothing about what CG thinks (besides money).

(Sorry i dont know the game platform well enough to say what it is besides android and iphone)
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    All I care about is that I'm still not reading about this on the official forums of the game.

Getting a 3* marquee character one week sooner or later doesn't matter to me at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH