Struggling to Hold position...Help!

My Arena Team can reach about 50-70th on attack but then slides to 135 by the next time I attack....and the defensive slide is increasing.
I’m running
G11 zEP, G12 Vader (206 Speed), G11 zThrawn (E&F), G11 TFP, G11 Tarkin

I am on a new-ish (midgame) server.
This slide happened after I switched from Mod farming to farming Finn for my Resistance Team (15 shards left to go) —> wanted to unlock speed mods and have a decent phase 2 HAAT team!

Should I
1) Not worry, finish my Resistance Team - switch back to Mod farming and get Vader’s speed to 220+, then start the slow farm on Sion (using energy in Resistance Trooper and sRey right now).
2) Panic....stop everything and focus on farming a Tank e.g. Sion, Shoretrooper?
3) Abandon Palp Team - switch to Jedi, Run 4* Bastila, 7*GMY, 7*Ezra,7*Old Ben and 7* Bariss.
4) Abandon Palp Team - switch to Wiggs, CLS, R2 and Han...
5) Abandon Palp Team - Run Nute(l), NS Zombie, NS Acolyte, Leia and R2D2 (haha)

I’m close to unlock Sion’s fleet node at 3* Wedge, Phantom, Ghost are all close to reaching 7* and that will be the extra I need.

My Palp Team obviously isn’t cutting it!!

Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I wouldn't go back to a rebels team. Switching to Bastila depends on how geared they are.

But it sounds like you don't have Hermit Yoda or GK.

I would at least run SOME kind of tank on your Palp team. Even low star Sion or Sith Trooper as long as they're geared. Low star Nihilus could help too.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    1. This game is a marathon, not a sprint, and you need those mod challenges unlocked. Work on increasing Vader's speed and replace TFP with either Sion (zeta needed) or DN when you can. If you want a tank in that team go for stormtrooper, he isn't the greatest but farming him won't interfere with your resistance plans and he'd at least give you some more beef.
  • I guess what I might do is go for the speed I was running a 227 speed Sith Assassin that helped with Nest.or than again sion is super beefy so I am not sure
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • You just need a tank and asap imo unless you want to keep dropping. I ran EP/empire but switched to titans a few weeks back and I'll always attack a tank-less squad over a squad that has Sion, or really any tank. Think about it like this, a tank usually just eats the enemy fracture, but by him eating that fracture you still have all your dps/support. If I go against an empire squad without a tank I simply blow up their EP, fracture Vader to stop the TM gain train and easily clean up the rest.
  • You just need a tank and asap imo unless you want to keep dropping. I ran EP/empire but switched to titans a few weeks back and I'll always attack a tank-less squad over a squad that has Sion, or really any tank. Think about it like this, a tank usually just eats the enemy fracture, but by him eating that fracture you still have all your dps/support. If I go against an empire squad without a tank I simply blow up their EP, fracture Vader to stop the TM gain train and easily clean up the rest.

At what “*” level and Gear level do I bring Sion in? And for TFP or a Tarkin? TFP I assume
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    You just need a tank and asap imo unless you want to keep dropping. I ran EP/empire but switched to titans a few weeks back and I'll always attack a tank-less squad over a squad that has Sion, or really any tank. Think about it like this, a tank usually just eats the enemy fracture, but by him eating that fracture you still have all your dps/support. If I go against an empire squad without a tank I simply blow up their EP, fracture Vader to stop the TM gain train and easily clean up the rest.

At what “*” level and Gear level do I bring Sion in? And for TFP or a Tarkin? TFP I assume

3, but you need his zeta before he is effective especially at low star levels. And mod him as a tank (you want to mod him for DPS later when you star him up).
  • I run 3* g11 sion
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    both sion and DN can work at low star levels. I've been running both since 3 stars, obviously at different points in the game. sion needs more gear since his sole purpose on the team is to tank hits. DN i'd argue need to fast, and having sion there will help speed him up some more. but the higher up you go on the pvp ladder the more speed matters. often the vader that goes first will have a tremendous advantage. dn/sion will also help mitigate this since DN gets a TM boost when sion's debuffed, so you have a chance to stop the Ep led Vader train from going bonkers on your team
  • Jedi! They can crush EP and are decent on defense, not to mention fun to play with
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    Get rid of Tarkin put in Sion you should be fine to hold on to your rank I presume that there are no Trayas in the midst
  • MrRedxZero
    115 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Bro I moved all my mods and switched to 4* g12 Bastila, g10 ezra, g12 gk, g11 yoda, and g11 aayla. And I hit right near 100 with under geared toons and no zetas on jedi. I have Yoda to 260 speed. And Bastil fast as possible with health mods to boost protection bonus.. ezra fast as well to use his assist on bastila to spread those buffs...

A healer for u would be a waste IMO unless it jolee to revive.. they have prot. Up most of the time
    Compared to.. I was running zalp, vader, nihilus, sion, and tfp or cls.. was ranking between 150 and 200 on about 2 yr old shard. With top 50 full of trayas
  • MrRedxZero wrote: »
    Bro I moved all my mods and switched to 4* g12 Bastila, g10 ezra, g12 gk, g11 yoda, and g11 aayla. And I hit right near 100 with under geared toons and no zetas on jedi. I have Yoda to 260 speed. And Bastil fast as possible with health mods to boost protection bonus.. ezra fast as well to use his assist on bastila to spread those buffs...

A healer for u would be a waste IMO unless it jolee to revive.. they have prot. Up most of the time
    Compared to.. I was running zalp, vader, nihilus, sion, and tfp or cls.. was ranking between 150 and 200 on about 2 yr old shard. With top 50 full of trayas

How is it possible that you have a 4* g12 Bastila?

People say 3* but I would suggest 4*+ and his zeta. If you cover both of those you could add him in at G10. If you have any other tank such as stormtrooper or Royal guard you can make those work in the meantime, taunt is really all about messing up the enemy flow. If you do plan on going the Sion route then DN is a must also, again I'd say 4*+ but his zeta isn't a necessity. My shard is a late January or early February 2018 so I mostly see 4* Sion and DN combo and they work amazingly even at that star and gear level.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    MrRedxZero wrote: »

Because he paid 10 bucks?
  • kevsmart wrote: »

MrRedxZero said g12 though on a 4* character. It has to be g11.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    kevsmart wrote: »

MrRedxZero said g12 though on a 4* character. It has to be g11.

Oh, I missed the G12 Bastila part heh. Typo, I would guess.
  • G11 I meant
  • Trying a gear 9 thrawn in the lineup in aayla spot. Seems to work decent, being I'm up against mostly g12 jtr, zalp, rex lead, or nightsisters.
  • Hey OP Im in a similar situation to some extent. My Shard is probably a little bit older than yours, but Im nearly running the same setup. Difference ist Nihilus instead of TFP (which i switched 2 months ago). Im ~20 speed faster on average and 90 is the top end i can reach in the arena, facing 110k JTR teams every day. Big difference is probably the ~20 Traya teams at the top.

I purchased 4* Bastila as you did and am currently gearing GMY, Ezra and 6* Hoda to G11. With just 2 zetas on Bastila lead and GMY special i will be the 6th Bastila team in my shard, making rank 50+ somewhat realistic. I can get 40 zeta materials in about 5 weeks.

Think about it, it doesnt take as long as reaching Traya meta, which is stronger than zEP.
  • Yea when I get zeta on Bastila and yoda or Ezra I will be climbing atleast to 75 id say