Too long

MuggerPrime
15 posts Member
edited July 2018
Without the ability to sim, GW is simply too long to complete daily (at least, for someone like me who has a job/family). Please half the nodes, tweak the difficulty, increase the rewards.

Replies

• MuggerPrime
    15 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Or, give the ability to Sim without needing to prove I poured nearly half a year of my time into your game first. Perhaps, after clearing X number of nodes, instead of my having to entirely complete X number of GWs. Especially when you make it so players fail the last node. It's not fun to waste an hour playing so many battles, to fail the last node and know you made no progress toward being able to Sim.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    it is designed to be difficult, yes the last node you are facing a team more powerful than you.

There are many ways through TW, specific teams (Phoenix, resistance), and other tactics (TM loading teams, retreat and replay). there is also a tim when you should just accept that you will not complete and start over.

it gets easier when you develop more and get past level 85.
  • Why did you make 2 separate threads on this same topic?
  • "Too many GW battles in a day / takes too long" and "Not finishing GW because the final node is too difficult / impossible" are not the same thing.
  • The point of this thread isn't the last node. It's GW having too many nodes, or else changing the criteria for being able to Sim. Either way, to shorten the experience for the more time-conscious player. I still have mod battles, cantina battles, ship battles, guild raids, squad arena, challenges, and regular campaigns to do. Trim the fat.
  • You obviously are a newer player, you are simply getting the intro to a harder GW, which means your roster is teeter tottering from beginner level to mid level compositions. As stated through the forum, Gw is not garunteed to be beaten daily, it is a scaling test of your roster and squad design skills. You are entitled to try out the table daily, you’re not entitled to win everyday until you develop a broader roster versus a tall narrow roster so to speak.

There is no fat needing trimmed, you however need to develop your squads a bit more and possibly you need to develop your b and c teams closer to your a team,
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I get what you are saying, we have all been there and after 2 years of playing 12 nodes a day they decided that we were right and what you are saying is right. They gave us an out of the 12 node structure. The solution to your issue already exists in game.

The issue you are having is that you have not met the minimum requirements to get to the solution, you will get there. GW is meant yo challenge your development in the developmental stage of the game.
  • You are lucky @MuggerPrime. You only have to compleet it an set amount of times (100 complete right?) and know you will be able to sime whole GW. Think I did about 10k GW's battles (over 800 complete GW's) without able to sim them.
  • I do mine in parts. Once midnight (GMT) rolls around, I'll do my dailies, maybe hit a raid and then do half of GW. I know some late end nodes might take a while to get around so I leave the other half until I feel I have time for it.

150 completions and level 85 gets you the ability to sim it. I have 62 more to go, so that's a shade over two months, assuming I can beat it everyday which is increasingly unlikely for a bit until I get my Empire team fully operational. Loads of Zalpatines about currently.

This is easy mode GW I think too. I can only imagine the horror of OG GW.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Post your swgoh.gg profile and you will probably get some advice on how to progress your roster with GW in mind. Many of us have a long and sordid history with GW and it is hard to get sympathy about current GW from those of us who would sometimes fail before node 11.

As Kyno pointed out, there are a lot of strategies and team compositions that do well in GW and are useful in other parts of the game, and forum members are sympathetic to that and willing to help. The trick to GW is a) finding a team that regenerates health and protection to handle the bulk of the grunt work and b) making sure you don't get locked behind something that needs a hard counter - by developing that hard counter to the appropriate gear level.

That said, complaining that it's too hard to players who've been around since before the major updates (Elder update setting difficulty at level 85 and then the ability to sim) is like yelling into a stiff breeze. Imagine facing multiple nodes of all G12 teams with multiple zetas, with top 5 arena caliber mods.
  • You obviously are a newer player, you are simply getting the intro to a harder GW, which means your roster is teeter tottering from beginner level to mid level compositions. As stated through the forum, Gw is not garunteed to be beaten daily, it is a scaling test of your roster and squad design skills. You are entitled to try out the table daily, you’re not entitled to win everyday until you develop a broader roster versus a tall narrow roster so to speak.

There is no fat needing trimmed, you however need to develop your squads a bit more and possibly you need to develop your b and c teams closer to your a team,

Again, NOT about "always winning" (that was the other thread I made). This one is about GW taking too long to complete daily. When I say "trim the fat", I don't mean "make it easier". I mean "you've given me too much stuff to do in a day and I don't have time to do it all; consider paring it down some".
  • MuggerPrime
    15 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Post your swgoh.gg profile and you will probably get some advice on how to progress your roster with GW in mind. Many of us have a long and sordid history with GW and it is hard to get sympathy about current GW from those of us who would sometimes fail before node 11.

Thanks for the offer, and please let me know if I should make a new thread for this.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/muggerprime/
    I've read I should work on scoundrels/rebels, and I've also read for and against Phoenix. I've acquired a little of both. The leader I usually run is Bastila with Jedi Consular and Jolee Bindo for damage soaking and healing, and Wedge/Boba for damage. If I made an all-scoundrel team with Wedge, Boba, Lando, Stormtrooper Han, and CW Chewie, I wouldn't know how to use it.
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    wedge isn't a scoundrel btw.

Phoenix is recommended because they share uniques, and passively regain health and protection. This makes them ideal for Galactic war. I hit 85 a month ago, and I still use them to get through the first 10 nodes usually. Last 2 nodes tend to have hard counter teams so I have to bring in Wiggs or Empire. btw, I'm still 29 away from being able to sim.

scoundrels/bh are used for credit heist and other events.