T3-M4

Replies

• LORDKAI
    96 posts Member
    Yes however Android users could get K2 to 7*. This is just an early access marquee. We all still still just have a 3* POS droid
  • RawneKarrde
    214 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Guess CG didn’t learn their lesson from the k2 debacle. Maybe they figure we have forgotten.

Releasing this info on reddit before the official forums shows us that the whole communication thing was just nuts. Poor form CG.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • What's really funny is that iOS players (like me) can just switch their account to an android account (for example using an android emulator for pc) , collect the goodies for android only and then switch back to their iOS device.

Good luck with that sponsored event Google.
    Proud member of BIER DTA.
    DTA_Ovi, https://swgoh.gg/u/dta ovi/
  • cu86wozgoncb.gif
  • why are people complaining? t3m4 is a droid. of course android users get it first.
  • I use the nox emulator for android and it does not make a difference. I assume its because it registered my iOS devices first and its a way to stop this happening? but what about people who do use android and iOS whether its emulators or real devices? I also have an android run camera I can play star wars on...

I don't mind waiting as I doubt I would do anything with the character even if I had access to it now, but for now yt videos will have to do :)
  • This forum has turned into a complete joke since the site raid. That is one big difference I've seen from the implementation of each raid
    518 posts Member
    This forum has turned into a complete joke since the site raid. That is one big difference I've seen from the implementation of each raid

I don't think it's a joke but to be fair with everyone, you have to admit that even though the result will be the same, iOS users never had any advantages while Android had two. I know it's still not a big deal but in the end, it is frustrating.

But yes, I do agree that Sith Raid as made people in this forum full of rage and everything is subject to express it in their own terms :')
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Then switch to Android, it's not CG's fault that Apple thinks they are too good to have to do any marketing/promotions.

It's a free market, I left iOS years ago, no regrets.
  • I’m an iOS user. I don’t mind if Android gets exclusives. I didn’t mind k2 was given to android either. But the game has changed. Platoons And certain character requirements. This falls on CG. The droid shouldn’t be platoonable until the marquee is available to Apple users.

Also. I’m reading the news about this because a player posted it and the CM commented on the thread. That’s not right, especially from CG that one of the most tight lipped, mums the word, aspect to the future of this game is characters and when they will be implemented. The forums are a void.
    They wrote an update about not being able to identify the problem with mods and Crumb messaged here... they can’t write this up?
    For easy math sake ... they can’t inform half their player base????

Another step further - ships 2.0 Sith raid who is this Crumb guy and communication threads where players went from begging for a response to just making fun of it... nothing no replies, nada. Which i don’t mind. Sometimes you just have to let dumpster fires burn especially when no changes are coming. But this??? No bueno.

TLDR- don’t count on information to come to the official forums. Once again thank you to the players that use their time to share information here.
  • To add now that I had some coffee- I will accept th generalization that forum posters are whiney and self entitled but not with out merit- remember the star requirements for lstb- the 1st changes to Sith rewards and countless other decisions that were reversed or upheld or etc.

Toons matter because CG made them matter. We didn’t implement panic farms. We have to roll with the punches with those. And if we miss it - posters including myself are like hey - you should’ve read the signs.
    With kotor toons being released, a legendary event hanging there is somewhere, and a possible revans journey on the horizon how can we not be in a state of double u tee eff??
  • the right company to blame is cg/ea... Let’s pretend this were a sport... some teams had company A make their pads, and other teams had company B. The league had restrictions on what pads people could use... if company A were all of a sudden allowed to use pads that were lighter and bigger and gave a competitive edge to the teams that were with them, it would be an unfair advantage - especially if the teams with company B had a contract with them they couldn’t pull out of - it would take the integrity away from the sport - and that is what cg/ea is doing - they should be the governors of what is allowed... if android wants to give away free crystals? That’s different - that’s like company A selling their pads for cheaper - the teams with company B could just spend more - but this is a situation where the teams from company B cannot get to the same spot because of contractual obligations... this is wrong on the part of cg/ea and to the people defending them? Create a new thread that complains about complainers - they don’t need your help - cg/ea are grownups and can defend themselves.
  • Sorry i dont have the time to read through this all. Is the Event already ingame for android? Or when will it start? thx in advance für helping me out!
  • Cg/ea is the gatekeeper that is supposed to keep this game fair - hence why they can lay the hammer down on cheating... this promotion has the same effect on iOS users as cheating - an unfair advantage... if they wanted to allow for certain skins to be exclusive - ie. clones with helmets - that didn’t affect game play, I wouldn’t be posting this... and don’t sit there and tell me - “ios will get it soon”. That’s like saying - “we’ll let cheaters cheat for a limited time”
  • I use the nox emulator for android and it does not make a difference. I assume its because it registered my iOS devices first and its a way to stop this happening? but what about people who do use android and iOS whether its emulators or real devices? I also have an android run camera I can play star wars on...

I don't mind waiting as I doubt I would do anything with the character even if I had access to it now, but for now yt videos will have to do :)

I have Nox as well. By the way folks I think Nox works better than bluestacks. I don’t think the event has launched yet. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Probably will tomorrow/midnight.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    T3-M4 is coming to iOS in the future. Right now the Marquee Event, Bundles and Packs for T3 are only available on Android devices but ALL of these will appear on iOS as well. Dates for iOS TBA

Whatever the reason: you discriminate a group of your customers repeatedly. As a player from Germany and iOS user I have to pay more and/or wait longer for the same content. US android players are much better off.
  • If we had separate arenas and guilds for different devices, this would be a non-issue really... but we all play in the same ball park and android gets an unfair advantage... I look to ea/cg to keep this game fair and they are failing at it
  • locodiel wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    T3-M4 is coming to iOS in the future. Right now the Marquee Event, Bundles and Packs for T3 are only available on Android devices but ALL of these will appear on iOS as well. Dates for iOS TBA

Whatever the reason: you discriminate a group of your customers repeatedly. As a player from Germany and iOS user I have to pay more and/or wait longer for the same content. US android players are much better off.

But that is because Apple is not sticking for their customers and Google does. It's like saying that guys at Santa Monica studios are to blame because Sony bought rights for God of War to be their exclusive and you only use PC. But in this case all you have to do is download emulator (i.e. Bluestacks) and you will get him at the same time as everybody else
  • NePlusUltra_kRh
    82 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The concern among iPhone users isn’t that android paid and Apple didn’t, it’s that EA/CG said ok.

I’m also concerned about TB platoons (this character should NOT be in them).

• Vdr
    14 posts Member
    First the sith ship bundle, now this. The legendary character of this quarter will be the Riot Trooper cause the are intentionally paving the ground for a Riot. That’s the only rational explanation.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Bottom line: In a game where IOS users compete with Android users this decision contributes to an unfair playing field--even if only a little bit. Early acquisition of T3 will allow guilds with Android users to raise their gp in a way that IOS users can't. And in guilds with Android whales who 7-star T3 this will possibly lend to a gp-based advantage. It will also potentially enable guilds with Android users to do a little better in TB than guilds with IOS users, enabling Android users to acquire better gear giving them another advantage over IOS users. And it remains to see how the platoon reqs play out. Again, even if the potential imbalance is minor and temporary, it's still an imbalance in a very competitive, inter-platform game. Regardless of whether Google approached EA/CG with the offer, EA/CG should have had the entire playerbase in mind when they decided whether or not to accept the offer ... and clearly they did not.
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • I wish I could like your message more than once @Barhebraeus
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't care if Android users get the event early. Cool. Whatever. Wasn't planning on using it quite yet anyway. But I do care if iOS users are delayed in any way, shape, or form on the new droid going to farm.

As in, as long as this doesn't delay iOS users from getting Malak/Revan.

So the question is to the devs: Will this headstart delay iOS release cadence, AND, will we be able to buy the $9.99 star boost pack when we finally get the event unlocked for us?

@CG_CMandellorian @CG_CapGaSP @CG_RyDiggs @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Leviathan
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    locodiel wrote: »
    Guess who's never experienced discrimination in their life... :#
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

The heck are you talking about @NicWester?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

The heck are you talking about

I quoted it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Stay on target, no personal attacks please.

(My 2 cents: many platforms and companies compete with each other- PS4 vs Xbox- Android vs IOS. It’s good business) I’m on iOS not taking it personal, besides a period of time I won’t have this droid, we’ll probably all get to farm or buy the packs similarly. Android is only at a release advantage. Nothing more.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    What's really funny is that iOS players (like me) can just switch their account to an android account (for example using an android emulator for pc) , collect the goodies for android only and then switch back to their iOS device.

Good luck with that sponsored event Google.

You have to make a google play account in the process... google wins ;)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

Ugh ... don't be that guy.

Dude, just look at your comments in this topic and tell me I'm wrong. Sure, the devs make a lot of mistakes and seem out of touch at what we want at times, but complaining about this is ridiculous. There is nothing worth complaining about here.

This is correct. Complaints and feedback are a pointless waste of time. There's one thing that CG cares about... Only money...

ms45wpwm3wau.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*