Territory wars is way out of whack

lovemat
270 posts Member
I'm not one to complain about a challenge but this was a ridiculous opponent .We have a 68 mil gp our opponent has 83 mil gp. How is this even fair .We have a great territory wars crew we have beaten strong teams in past but 15 mil extra is ridiculous

Replies

• Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Hey, that is only 150 extra 100k gp squads. Nothing to see here, move along.
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    15 of them or more we're on defense and that's just what we saw. Never had a chance on top section
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    When we were 68m we'd get 83m as an average. We almost always won. Overall we're 27-6. Strategy easily overcomes a 15m gap at this GP range.

Now this time we're at 84m and we got a 129m...there's a mismatch for you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • At least you get to play TW. Since they updated and added noob guilds no one joins up anymore. We don't have enough active members to play. Thanks to these new robot guilds the game has slowed. Be thankful you can even play a war because many still can't.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I was in a bad (i.e. inactive) guild like yours once. I changed guilds. You can do the same.
  • This just happened to us, we're 68 mil gp guild and we matched up against an 84 mill gp guild. Our strategy can overcome a lot, but the sheer quality and quantity of their high end toons is unreal. An entire territory filled with 100k squads forced us to the bottom where we got 1 territory and then ran into a territory full of 95k squads... We should be matching with guilds within 5 mil gp at most. I don't think battling guilds who may choose to have members not join in order to battle easier competition is fair.
  • Territory wars is such a waste of time/effort.

Cons:
    • The UI for TW is very slow and jerky most times, especially during battle phase. It's annoying to even use.
    • Re-entering orders and assigning teams is annoying. Why can't it just preserve our setup from last TW and allow us to modify them if necessary instead?
    • The "matching" algorithm is... less than adequate. We consistently get matched with higher GP opponents. At our current GP (120+) this is starting to be a larger problem since now the guilds we face mostly have Traya and we are still struggling to get HSR on farm.
    • We've only won like 2 matches (out of 30+?). It's not fun when you lose every time. We've tried different strategies and we've come close a hand full of times but mostly we get steamrolled by higher GP teams. If we didn't get rewards for 2nd place I can guarantee you we wouldn't even bother with it any more.

Pros:
    • 2 zetas for 2nd place
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Deleted - I'm just repeating myself.
  • This is nothing new. Matchmaking in TW has always been hit or miss.
  • Right? Currently my 70mil GP guild is going against a 98mil GP guild.. And guess what?? We're winning!
  • I love reading those kind of threads. You learn all kinds of things.

Apparently every guild in the game is matched against a stronger guild (and i say that, our last was our 41m vs their 52)
    And apparently stronger guild are always stupid and strategy is a weaker guilds exclusive allowing them to win everytime anyway regardless of raw power. (And i say that, we won our last very easily for some reason).
  • We always get those matches. We usually win though as our best are better than their best in most cases. Comes down to who has the best roster. Strategy? Whichever section dies first we go that way.

There is a HUGE GP gap between the high end players and lowbies like myself though. We're talking a good couple of million.

Not sure the matchmaking can really do much about that really.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    15 100k squads to our 1 was the issue and who knows how many for offense.Our defense usually holds or takes out 40+ attackers. It took them 23 to take 19 of our strongest defenders 80k - 100k
  • We are 158m guild matched up against the #11GP guild (182m). Usually it's a difference of 5m+ but this is crazy.
  • TVF wrote: »
    When we were 68m we'd get 83m as an average. We almost always won. Overall we're 27-6. Strategy easily overcomes a 15m gap at this GP range.

Now this time we're at 84m and we got a 129m...there's a mismatch for you.

What I have learned the higher up you get the harder it is to over come mismatched of large size last 14 TWs we have had one guild slightly lower than us and I am sure they manage GP. 12 of 14 have been 15m higher, one has high as 30M more.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Strategy works if all the guildmates, or almost everyone, has the time.

If your guild has so many kind people, mixing doctors, firefighters, shiftworkers (playing time varies) , who runs restaurant or bar (probably cant play at night) and normal employees, strategy just some useless words.
  • SebPovic
    67 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    TW is all about mods and knowing your toons. Who cares about a 6 zeta JTR team when it is possible to clear with Zinn? TW is about knowing which enemy to attack with which kind of setup. Enemy has Talzin lead with 4 zetas? Get zVeers.

Stop complaining about GP, out of the last 12 TW we were outmatched 11 times and only lost once.