Healers have ruined this game

I want to run a sweet lineup of all Sith Lords but I can't because Offee, Luminara, and Jedi Councelor crush them. Really EA? There should be a cap of one healer per squad.. or something idk. You hardly ever see healing in the Star Wars universe and even when you do its not instantaneous like freaking Wolverine from X-Men. None of those healers should be even close to that powerful. Darth Sideous could take all those healers at once with one arm tied behind his back. Give me a break. So frustrating to see a team of the most powerful characters in the Star Wars universe get dominated by a team with 3 healers. Healers are ruining what could be a way more strategic game than seeing how many healers you can level up and stack.

Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    There are so many ways to counter healers it's ridiculous. Wait till you go up against a heavy control/turn meter group. There are now at least 5 toons that negate healing.
  • Healing isn't a new Star Wars concept lol... Just wait for Dark Side healers using Force Drain ;)
  • Um, you WERE around a few days ago when they buffed the heck out of major Sith characters, giving them huge anti-Jedi abilities, but no Jedis anti-Sith abilities? :)
    All-Jedi-healer teams aren't frustrating.. they are an easy win.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Jedi teams suck... Run Sid or IG-88 and your problems are solved on offense.

What has ruined the game is there is no viable way to defend.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    My team with 2 healers and 3 siths destroys Offee, Luminara, and JC teams. Sid prevents them from healing except from Off's heal, Sid dodges their attacks a lot of the time, and darth maul can rip JC and Luminara apart.

You're right though. Healing in the Star Wars universe isn't instant like wolverine. We should make it more realistic. When you cast a heal it should take at least 3 days before the next turn in a pvp match. Maybe 2 days if they take some pain medicine and try not to do any strenuous activity.

I do agree though that the dark side is lacking healers atm compared to the light side.
  • I tried an all healer squad that was amazing in GW and during testing at level in Cantina. However, In 15 minutes I dropped 20 spots in the Squad Arena. :#

Smart Players > Any "Dream Team"

Lesson learned.
  • Well those are all good points. Didn't know they buffed Sith characters the other day. I like that. Thanks for the tips. I have Sid but I guess I need a few more characters to get the best of a healer team.
  • I think your issue is you want to play the character you want to play reguardless of there skill

I totally understand this and doing ds campaign I went full dmg because I didn't want to use telia or daka ( didn't have daka but your u get the Idea ). But then I learned healers are a must so I had to change.

I get the idea your useing sid. You do know about his immunity skill. That the target effected by it does not get healed. Except for barriss and she can only do it every 5 turns. Pick a target, save your cool downs and wait for barriss heal then unload on the one you want to kill ( don't target barriss, after her heal she is no threat at all and has a lot of health ).
  • Kerlo wrote: »
    I want to run a sweet lineup of all Sith Lords but I can't because Offee, Luminara, and Jedi Councelor crush them. Really EA? There should be a cap of one healer per squad.. or something idk. You hardly ever see healing in the Star Wars universe and even when you do its not instantaneous like freaking Wolverine from X-Men. None of those healers should be even close to that powerful. Darth Sideous could take all those healers at once with one arm tied behind his back. Give me a break. So frustrating to see a team of the most powerful characters in the Star Wars universe get dominated by a team with 3 healers. Healers are ruining what could be a way more strategic game than seeing how many healers you can level up and stack.

I rarely say this....but learn to play. If you are using Darth Sidious you already have half the counter down. Use ability blockers in conjunction with his spammable heal debuff. If you time it all right you will have no issue at all.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I tried an all healer squad that was amazing in GW and during testing at level in Cantina. However, In 15 minutes I dropped 20 spots in the Squad Arena. :#

Smart Players > Any "Dream Team"

Lesson learned.

This is the answer here, you unfortunately need not only a full squad for Arena, but leveled up alternates to swap in under certain circumstances. There is no one team for all adversaries.

I'd also say, go check out swgohcantina.com, they have great guides and stats to help you build and they break down all the complex jargon into more usable information. It really helped me...
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Kerlo wrote: »

more ppl like you ruined the game :(

L2P or ask people for advice instead cry like a baby.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    I get the idea your useing sid. You do know about his immunity skill. That the target effected by it does not get healed. Except for barriss and she can only do it every 5 turns. Pick a target, save your cool downs and wait for barriss heal then unload on the one you want to kill ( don't target barriss, after her heal she is no threat at all and has a lot of health ).

Bariss doesn't heal through immunity block, it's just the first part of the skill, the HP equalization that you're seeing, not actually the heal which is the second part of the special.

4py1qo.jpg
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    While equalization isn't technically a heal, it is still a heal. You still see the opponent gain 4k life or whatever. It is super annoying.
  • Use the heal when appropriate = God.

Use it as a "anytime heal" = nothing.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Breetai wrote: »

Bariss doesn't heal through immunity block, it's just the first part of the skill, the HP equalization that you're seeing, not actually the heal which is the second part of the special.

4py1qo.jpg

I know this, I've had this talk with others where they swear her averaging out health was a heal, saying its a heal because it does give the target health, so decided to go with it instead of agruing. Easier that way.
  • Song wrote: »
    Kerlo wrote: »

more ppl like you ruined the game :(

L2P or ask people for advice instead cry like a baby.

Actually they ruin this forums. Game still fine to me so far.

It's like Heroes of Dragon Age forums here, but on steroids. The negativity/entitlement/complaining/whining happened much quicker than that other CG game forums.

It's pretty sad in the larger scheme of things, I look here for strategy and information and all I read is useless crap.

side note: The 3 healer teams are tough cookies to beat when you don't have enough damagers or units that are slower than them. If your damagers died, then the healers heal each other in cycle and it's over. Learn to break the pattern, kill the fastest healer first next time, or try the one with lowest health, experiment. Res Trooper, Sid, Dooku, Res Pilot, Lumi, Poe + any AOE, they all pump great damage quickly and/or expose which allows insta 20% damage on a target with next attack. I sometimes lost against those teams, but I won way more often than lost, and I only bought the 5$ Dooku. My roster is most likely like yours at this point.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Hopefully this game will be here long after the Nerf herders and whiners have made it to middle school. :D
  • At 60 healers don't do much when the DPS catches up. Healing scales way better at lower levels and Barris can be almost perma blocked now.

Not sure what team you are running but I destroy those 3 healer teams. I run Sid(lead) Lando, Maul, Opress, and Lum. I might sub Maul out at times for Secura, ventress, Luke, or Vader, but the 3 AOE's in a row end Lum and JC and leave Barriss about dead. I blast her with Lum ability blocking if she survived the blast. Then anihiloiate the two remaining who are damaged from the AOE, Typically use Overpower to end one. Those 3 healer teams are easy if you hit hard and fast out of the gate.
  • I rarely have problems with healers so if you are erase the game you don't have any strategy and you're simply just collecting characters & not knowing what to do with them. Sith Lords are actually perfect healer counters Sid & kylo ren bth have heal immunity
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    My Maul eats healers for breakfast, then poops their remains all over the other team ;)
    I want to run a sweet lineup of all Sith Lords but I can't because Offee, Luminara, and Jedi Councelor crush them.

Guess you haven't played since the patch?

If you're still getting beat by those it's likely they are ranked up more than you. Lum and JC are highly farmable.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Someone cant use their favourite team through a high hp/healer team, therefore the game is broke by healers. Completely logical conclusion.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • I'm running a first order team. Just need to get tie fighter up to 4* then game over.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The only thing that bothers me about healers, is that no Jedi can use The Force to heal a non-living character. Droids should only heal through some sort of repair mechanism like HK's revive power.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Another topic starter that merely complains about OP'ness. I don't take those serious no more. They post negativity and disappear while we are discussing.
    They should close useless topics like this.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting