a37vnysj33f8.gif

UNIT NAME: Zaalbar
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Tank, Scoundrel, Old Republic
Versatile Scoundrel Tank with a powerful AoE and reactive Taunt

ABILITIES:

Basic: STALWART ALLY

idn5hij8skls.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage and inflict 2 Damage Over Time effects on target enemy for 2 turns. Zaalbar recovers 10% Health.

Special 1: POWER BLAST (Cooldown 3)

x1v954o1zpsm.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and gain Taunt for 3 turns. On a Critical Hit, inflict Armor Shred on target enemy for rest of the battle.

Unique 1: WOOKIE TOUGHNESS

FINAL TEXT: Zaalbar gains 20% Defense (stacking) each time he is attacked for 1 turn.

Unique 2: MISSION'S GUARDIAN

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Zaalbar has +25% Critical Avoidance. If Mission is present, she also gains this bonus. When any other ally falls below 100% Health, Zaalbar gains Taunt and Retribution for 2 turns. At the start of each of his turns, Zaalbar and Mission recovers 10% Protection for each Damage Over Time effect on enemies.

SYNERGIES
4m604t8l5hzv.gif

GAME CHANGERS

AhnaldT101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgk0Ori1lO0

Lólindir (Spanish) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELbRGzhrGm0

KaradrikLP (German) https://youtu.be/yMQCzN6MgQc
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• I wonder if Zaalbar would be good on a team with three Chewbaccas and Enfys under CW Chewy lead. Lots of defense, taunts, daze, protection regen, revive, stun, etc.

Also what is his specific synergy with GK?
  • I wonder if Zaalbar would be good on a team with three Chewbaccas and Enfys under CW Chewy lead. Lots of defense, taunts, daze, protection regen, revive, stun, etc.

Or 3 wookies and wampa.

Or 3 wookies and wampa.

Or Garmorrean guard, he's a scoundrel and deals lots of dots

The retribution buff
  • I immediately thought of a squad with his synergies except replace GK with Sion. That team would destroy stuff. Everywhere.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I love to see all those new toons not being able to beat the Triumvirate.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    I love to see all those new toons not being able to beat the Triumvirate.

That is because they are all waiting for Revan to lead them.
    518 posts Member
    Still, Armor shred is a debuff that can’t be evaded or resisted. I would say it works pretty well on both new meta factions.
  • OrionAssante1
    356 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    When fighting in raids with Zader lead, does Zaalbar’s unique 2 allow himself & Mission to recover protection past 100%? e.g rancor has 20 dots on him, will Zaalbar & Mission recover 200% protection?
    ‘Recover’ being the word rather than ‘Gain’
    518 posts Member
    When fighting in raids with Zader lead, does Zaalbar’s unique 2 allow himself & Mission to recover protection past 100%? e.g rancor has 20 dots on him, will Zaalbar & Mission recover 200% protection?

It won't be possible. It's obviously cap to 100% since you can recover protection over the maximum, otherwise it would have stated "if any protection is recovered over 100%, the protection become a protection UP bonus.
  • Sabine/Zaalbar armor shred jamboree? Wonder what the limit to stacks is.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Thanks Guest!
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Sabine/Zaalbar armor shred jamboree? Wonder what the limit to stacks is.

That was what I noticed right away too. Could open up some very nice possibilities for p2 HSTR down the road.
  • Sabine/Zaalbar armor shred jamboree? Wonder what the limit to stacks is.

I would assume whatever takes defense down to 0? So on raid Sion 8, since he gains 100% defense and each on reduces defense by 25%. I can’t confirm, but these things always seem to be additive.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member

I would assume whatever takes defense down to 0? So on raid Sion 8, since he gains 100% defense and each on reduces defense by 25%. I can’t confirm, but these things always seem to be additive.

Theyre never additive.. Armor shred always reduces the defense by a percent of the current value. So youll never get to zero. Also, the effect already diminishes by one shredder towards the end of the raid encounter, so 2 seems like a waste to me.
  • Thrawn and wampa are way better then him though
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »

Theyre never additive.. Armor shred always reduces the defense by a percent of the current value. So youll never get to zero. Also, the effect already diminishes by one shredder towards the end of the raid encounter, so 2 seems like a waste to me.

But having two for two seperate teams could be huge. I use Sabine with my GMY, Hyoda, GK, Ezra team and can do 4%, even with Sabine at g10.

To be able to also have an armor shredder on my AA, Leia team would be huge, as that team can only barely hit 2% without Sabine.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, just realized Z has an active taunt, a passive 2 turn taunt, crit avoidance, and self heals health and protection.

After thinking about it he is plug and play and may be one of the best tanks in the game. Even without Vao.

EDIT: With Stacking Defense and Self Healing and a 49% Crit reduction with an Arrow, he is going to be extremely durable. It greatly increases the value of his self healing. Who knows how good he will be but on paper he is really promising.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Yeah untill he gets nerfed.. starting to become a familiar model.
    Release really good looking toon,
    wait for spending on that toon to slow down, nerf toon,,
    give them chewie shards..

Well **** your chewie shards I'm not buying **** all from this game again.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Seems promising, gotta gear him up for TW.
    Going bigZ without mission vao...
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    I will ask just one thing: could you notice us way before making the Revan event? We're having pretty hard times and as you don't extinguish a fire with gasoline, I think it would not be a good idea to make another JTR-like thing to your player base in this moment.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    I agree with @Vonzant He could definitely be one of the best tanks 8n the game.I'm seeing some major synergy with Big Z and Nihilus lead. I run NH, Vader, and Sion with chaze. But Zaalbar has some crazy potential with these three sith, constant taunt and retribution with crazy protection regeneration and critical avoidance. Big Z makes a killer tank with this team.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Btw the "power blast" animation is awesome, and Chirrut needs a similar one with his light bow. I say make his SOP animation his basic, and give him a "power blast" style attack
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I ran him at 3* g7 in GW last night with the 3 wookies and L3 with Clone Wars Chewie lead. Z had CR Arrow and all abilities at level 3. L3 3* g10, Vandor 4* g8, CWC and Vet Chewie g8. Pretty insane Defensive team. They steamrolled everyone on auto although it took some time to kill the l85 high gear teams. I did lose him once to a full g10 EP team with Nihilus but I re-did it on manual and beat them easily.

Ran into a g10-g11 Phoenix team with a g10 Ezra with 36% CD triangle. He was critting Z for 6k with Flourish which is insanely low for a 3* g7 target. I put it on Auto for 15 mins and had to retreat because no one on either side would die.

May even be able to drop CWC and Add Old Lando Lead and drop L3 and add Raid Han, Vet Han or Nest or Vao for more offense.

Obviously Nihilus is the solution to beat a team like this but if somone is wasting a EP team with Nihilus on this scrub team they have served their purpose.

No Final conclusions yet But with Vandor I think he will be a top-tier tank and should be pretty good with almost anyone else. When he has retribution he spreads dots to heal his protection and basic attacks to heal his health, so he self-supports and doesnt have to be with anyone else that spreads dots. This screen is of them before last node. Z took the final hit on the previous battle and only has about 4k protection at g7, but he stays topped off under this team even without his basic Omega.

q3o3u8i7lmwb.png
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Never mess with wookies johnny: from the video lol
    Post edited by Ryanwhales on
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Can you tell me which characters from the Star Wars Universe looks at Zaalbar and Mission Vao and says to themselves, "Hey they are people who serve The Old Republic"????

I saw CapGasp's explanation for why HK doesn't have it which was posted before Zaalbar and Mission's characters were released and I don't think anyone looks at Zaalbar, Mission or T3 and says "They are Old Republic" in-universe. They are as much Old Republic as HK-47 is.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Can you tell me which characters from the Star Wars Universe looks at Zaalbar and Mission Vao and says to themselves, "Hey they are people who serve The Old Republic"????

I saw CapGasp's explanation for why HK doesn't have it which was posted before Zaalbar and Mission's characters were released and I don't think anyone looks at Zaalbar, Mission or T3 and says "They are Old Republic" in-universe. They are as much Old Republic as HK-47 is.

They are basically trying to say they are the “good guy
  • So I've been doing some brainstorming lately, and I think I have come up with a great squad composition involving Zaalbar. I dont have the resources to try this out so if anyone out there can try this, please provide feedback.
    Start with a Embo lead with Boba fett, Dengar, and Zaalbar. For the fifth place there are a few possibilities, I think the best would be Qi'ra.
    Embo's lead will allow the three bounty hunters to fall below 100% health multiple times, triggering zaalbars taunt and retribution. Big Z, Boba, and Dengar can cover the opposing team in DOT constantly refilling Big Z's protection as he regenerates his own health. Qi'ra will dispel enemy buffs allowing Embo to trigger his payout quickly. She also can trigger multiple assists with her special with dengar, plus adding 10% damage to their attack. All together this could create a devastating team. Some other possible characters to plug in would be Nest or V Chewie.