Out of The Black difficulty scaling

Rav1n
20 posts Member
This event is not possible for most lower level players to complete. This is because of the previous changes where completing quests increased the speed at which players level up and are not able to generate the resources to enhance their ships and characters as fast as their player level advances.

Please patch this event so lower level players can actually complete it or give all players under 85 some resources to enhance their units.

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    You speak for most lower level players ?

Fleet ships/blueprints don't even open until 60.

Perhaps some insight to go along w/ your rant.

What level are you ? What ships/pilots/gear/level are you attempting and failing with ? Are you failing the 1st tier, the mythic tier, what ?

How many other lower level ppl have you polled ?
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »

What level are you ? What ships/pilots/gear/level are you attempting and failing with ? Are you failing the 1st tier, the mythic tier, what ?

Level 63 account. Cannot beat the first tier since the enemies are level 85. The Sith Fighter and the capital ship are doing the heavy lifting. Tie Silencer(9k power), Jedi Consular Starfighter(5400), Clone Sgt Arc(4800), and Biggs XWing(4700) can't last long enough to get to Tarkin's Ultimate. My Ties(Imp and FO) are higher power(5Kish) but can't stick a target lock nor take a hit so I went with highest HP/Prot ships.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    In that case, I agree w/ you 100%. There's no reason you should have to face ships 20 levels higher than you on the initial tier. I dont believe gear and stars would help much vs. a 20 level difference.

@CG_CapGaSP
    @CG_TopHat
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    In that case, I agree w/ you 100%. There's no reason you should have to face ships 20 levels higher than you on the initial tier. I dont believe gear and stars would help much vs. a 20 level difference.

@CG_CapGaSP
    @CG_TopHat

They would be considered weak for level 85 ships, as their Biggs has about 7-8 protection bar. The Resistance XWing has 5, but Wedge only has 3. I just hit level 64 and managed to eek out a win on the first tier. Got lucky at the end as their last two moves before my Tarkin Ultimate was a dodge(with a sliver of health left on the Sith Fighter) and a debuff from their reinforcement UWing. If Ackbar does his basic rather than reinforcing, we lose. If the reinforcement attacks, we lose.

I have a higher level primary account that is level 74 with Vader Tie, a better Biggs, etc and managed to beat them all in 2-3 tries, except the 3rd tier in which the enemies start debuffed. Sith Fighter killed one right off the bat and we got the rest before needing Tarkin's ultimate on that one.
  • Rav1n wrote: »
    This event is not possible for most lower level players to complete. This is because of the previous changes where completing quests increased the speed at which players level up and are not able to generate the resources to enhance their ships and characters as fast as their player level advances.

Please patch this event so lower level players can actually complete it or give all players under 85 some resources to enhance their units.

I have the same problem, level 71 here (with lvl 65 ships b/c of lack of resources). Can't even make a dent with my personal ships. I posted on reddit too.
  • Rav1n
    20 posts Member

This >rant< as you put it wasn't meant for players. This was meant for the developers. The scarcity of resources for players to enhance their units under 85 due to rapid leveling up from the last major update's addition is a *known* issue.

So I'm not going to detail all the info for you. Just know I have multiple accounts that I play- one whale that is 85 and cuts through these events on autoplay then several from 60-75 that are each focusing on a different strategy/squad to assist my guild in TW. Only one has been able to beat tier 1 >once< out of many tries. Go troll elsewhere.
  • Rav1n
    20 posts Member
    So here's the context of the situation, in TLDR form.

Before all these quests were added and XP bonuses granted leveling up from 60+ took a lot longer than it currently does. Instead of weeks or months it is now days or weeks to reach a new level. The slower pace gave more time to complete events, accumulate and spend energy, and thus farm the items and credits or what have you to level up most of your units as you leveled up.

Now that time has shortened substantially before you level up. You accumulate less materials between each player level. Even being super efficient with farming and resource allocation there's only enough to bring some of your ships up to your player level, maybe a few kind of close, and the rest get left behind. Ships have been particularly affected by this. While all of my accounts have at least one really good character squad and ship pilots at player level and well geared, none have a full fleet at player level. All have only one ship at player level, three or four within 10 levels, capital ship at level or within 5 levels, the rest are inactivated for lack of materials to level them up to a point that they are useful, those resources went to getting the others to where they are.

Again, this is a problem that is known and acknowledged by the development team. It's been addressed in other areas of the game and some ship events have been rescaled at the lower levels already. This is the first marquee ship event, my OP was meant to address the developers that they neglected to *ahem* test the scaling of this particular event with recently leveled up accounts in the 60-84 range. I specifically don't add all the details because I'm not getting paid to work for EA. They can go look at their database, search for players 60-84 and see for themselves how many have completed the event, what units they have, and how they are being deployed. I'm sure there's an intern that could do this for them for free, but it's not me.

>If< the resources from months of farming were available to level up 3 ships to player level and another 3 or 4 kind of close, I am pretty sure that all of my accounts could at least beat tier 1, and probably most of the event. As it is now, my level 75 account fleet looks more like a level 65 player with one ship level 75 (7 star too) and a level 73 capital ship, one ship at 65, one at 63, one at 62, and one ship at level 1 I activated just to get a TW star. My level 61 account fleet looks like a level 55 player. That was not the experience I had leveling my main account- most of my ships were pretty close to player level as I leveled up to 85, and I was working on more ships than I am with these accounts.
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    Rav1n don't forget that part of the problem are Ship challenges too which prevent the most of new players from completing them and that way get resources needed to improve their ships.
    Somehow I managed to improve my Tarkin's capital ship but other two are no go.
    I can not complete Tier 2 of ship building materials or ship ability materials even though Tier 3 is open to me due to my level being 73.

BTW I could not complete Tier 1 of this marquee event either.
    On a positive note I managed to get to high 20s in fleet arena standing but have feeling that in about a month there is gonna be lots of new 85s flying around with 2* capital ships (unless they quit the game earlier).
  • I got my 4* Tarkin just after the downgrade.

5* is currently not possible. Though thinking about it Sun fac may help, once I farm him slowly over many cycles of the moon. Just got Advanced.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Rav1n wrote: »

Again, this is a problem that is known and acknowledged by the development team. It's been addressed in other areas of the game and some ship events have been rescaled at the lower levels already. This is the first marquee ship event, my OP was meant to address the developers that they neglected to *ahem* test the scaling of this particular event with recently leveled up accounts in the 60-84 range. I specifically don't add all the details because I'm not getting paid to work for EA. They can go look at their database, search for players 60-84 and see for themselves how many have completed the event, what units they have, and how they are being deployed. I'm sure there's an intern that could do this for them for free, but it's not me.

The Lando Falcon was also a marquee event, and nobody was complaining about it. It was after ships 2.0 launched. I don't recall if all the tiers were event units provided or if it was just scaled properly to your level. Might have been both like the Mission/Zalbaar events.

BTW I completed the sith fighter on a level 64 account with KRU, JC, Biggs, and Clone Sgt but it took hundreds of tries to get the RNG just right. My ships totaled about 24k GP with the bulk being KRU at 9K.