Fleet Double Drops? [MERGE]

Prev13
Gwonk
238 posts Member
edited July 2018
Saw a mention ingame about double drops in fleet for the weekend but haven’t seen any posts about it here or on Reddit. Usually these sorts of things are in dev update posts.
So.....this is a thing? Starts Saturday I assume?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Probably starts after the gamechangers post their videos. CHECK OUT THESE SICK DROPS!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It will start after you spend all your ship energy first. At least, that’s what always happens to me. Everytime.
  • Got a message in game stating fleet double drops start this weekend. I can not find any info in forums about it even did a search. Does anyone know when they start or how long it will run? Thank you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SITHPLAGUE wrote: »
    Got a message in game stating fleet double drops start this weekend. I can not find any info in forums about it even did a search. Does anyone know when they start or how long it will run? Thank you.

Oh good,I'm not the only one confused.

Has anyone checked reddit? :neutral:
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Got a message in game stating fleet double drops start this weekend. I can not find any info in forums about it even did a search. Does anyone know when they start or how long it will run? Thank you.

When the mods mock the lack of communication, you know there's a problem...
  • Is Friday not the weekend until quittin' time? What time do they get off?
  • Checking Reddit is a hate crime in my household, punishable by 70 years in a gulag.

I imagine it'll start at midnight (my time) late evening for dwellers in the past and whatever it is for those who live in the future.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

this right here says it all for this place
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Probably starts after the gamechangers post their videos. CHECK OUT THESE SICK DROPS!

yeah and they will be sick for everyone else..... in the origianl meaning of the word that is of course
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

yeah and they will be sick for everyone else..... in the origianl meaning of the word that is of course

Going from my experience attempting to get purple ship mats......double nothing it will be.

I've got more ship omegas than I have purples, about 50 of the darlings.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Wonder if that means slicing will go live before then, as they've previously stated that slicing materials will be available in fleet battles.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Reddit is blocked at work. Must be for all the extremist groups that they have or something.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Seriously when does this start, I have energy I'm going to have to use here in a bit but I don't want to use hardly any if double drops start in a few hours.
  • Kyno wrote: »

@Kyno, I think someone hijacked your account.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

@Kyno, I think someone hijacked your account.

Or the camel’s back finally broke.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Double drops always hits at reset.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Well I guess I prefer news to hit the game first as opposed to reddit or YouTube.

Waiting for the day I have to visit California to get the news.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I didn't bother reading the replies, has anyone said "Double zero is still zero" yet? And if not, why not? Get back on your game, forum.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    I mean I hate to be the t u r d in the punch bowl here, but am I the only one not that excited about fleet double drops for a weekend? Sure if you don't have Scion it's kind of cool. Being optimistic maybe you get 4-5 shards per set of 5 attempts. 50 crystals for the first refresh and 100 for the second could net you 12-15 shards for 150 crystals. Across 2 days you could get 30 extra Scion shards for fairly cheap. Cheaper than the store.

Maybe Cantina double would get me a bit more excited as so many toons are in there and you also get a currency that doubles as shard exchange currency for mats.

Sorry. Amidst all that is going on this "perk" or means of trying to assuage the masses while there are flagrant issues and lack of communication in key areas fall short and seems flat to me. I'm usually one of the first to slam someone complaining about something given for free, but this game has made my cynical lately. I think I need a Snickers. Sorry.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    This weekend will bring me false hope, yet again.

I can’t get T3-M4, and “double drops” aren’t here. There is no mention of them from the devs. Oh yeah, and TW rewards bugged in 8888, who I know would’ve been a great character.

They’re teasing me.
  • I like how people find a way to complain over something free lol. For as long as I could remember we have all got notices in advance and had to wait a day or so for them to start. Double drops is very nice if you're a newer player, I used to love these drops when they happened.

It's not even the weekend yet as well lol
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    casper1jr wrote: »
    I like how people find a way to complain over something free lol.

Then you are definitely in the right forum! :)

xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I didn't bother reading the replies, has anyone said "Double zero is still zero" yet? And if not, why not? Get back on your game, forum.

Technically I did up there somewhere. I went with the more subtle and witty "double nothing it will be".

I did it so nobody else has to.

That said Scimitar has a decent drop rate, so I'll do that one, then Slave.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I posted earlier but spam filter ate it, so apologies if this ends up a duplicate.

Gear drops on the normal table are pretty good and there's fantastic gear on 5-Normal, including G12 purple gear. Don't waste energy on the hard nodes, enjoy the double drops, profit.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I posted earlier but spam filter ate it, so apologies if this ends up a duplicate.

Gear drops on the normal table are pretty good and there's fantastic gear on 5-Normal, including G12 purple gear. Don't waste energy on the hard nodes, enjoy the double drops, profit.

You raise a good point sir, I do need many carbantis after all.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Are they on table 5? I'd recommend only farming on 5 if not, because it's the only one that includes omegas. Drop rate is not good but I get one from time to time.
  • That said Scimitar has a decent drop rate, so I'll do that one, then Slave.

Luckily for me, I’m sitting at 84/85 for Scimitar so I’ve gotten zero shards from fleet battles the past 3 days... and it also hasn’t shown in fleet store. Hopefully double drops can make up for my bad RNG.
  • Nah, can't make it that far yet with my ships. I'm only a two month or so old player.

I have tons of omegas anyway for some reason, yet no purple mats. I confused them with prestiges at first.

I can however farm 3-E as much as I like.

I'll probably spend 100 energy on poe to get the 1 last shard i need to 7 star since i've gotten his ship in fleet store once in the past 2-3weeks

It *did* end up as a duplicate. :P

Nah but seriously. The drop rates for stuff is magical on this table. And there's some great stuff too. Thumbs up from my side, for the double drops!

On another note, am i right to assume that this table has such good g8(!) stuff because even g12+(!) needs it now? Lol, that's kinda bad design if you ask me. ;D