Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• JDMJ
    5 posts Member
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Our testing in house shows that they are still very good in Phase 4 and still outperform most teams in that Phase. In the balance of things, undercutting Critolyte and leaving the Nightsisters in a very good place made sense to us at the time.

Just to be clear, and to hopefully alleviate some concerns, this wouldn’t happen to be the same in house testing group that allowed the Traya mechanic to get in the game in the first place? Or was involved in play testing the raid before release? If so, maybe look to another group?
  • Did this kill chex mix? Can Han still heal back to full?
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    l1umcl3mstt3.jpg
  • No mention of traya being the cause of this loop? I'm ok with you fixing this loop but make sure you fix it in a way that it changes trayas isolate in this raid only. If you guys go and nerf nightsisters two things will happen. 1 ppl will flip out and cause so much rage and 2 going by yall's record you will probably mess something up and break the game even worse because everybody knows y'all don't spend any time testing your own updates
  • You guys are blowing this out of proportion. They are intending to stop the use of the cheese team. Just like the Nute lead jawas in P2 HAAT back 9 months or so ago. If you have seen the video it does cross a line

Id expect NS to still be the best team in P4. 20 stacks might be a bit low but hey you might do 30% of DN instead of 50%. More people get to have a go.

Hardest part of the raid is still P3. Nerfing chex mix would have a far greater impact
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    If you all want CG to listen, then you need to rate it on the App Store. Businesses value their star ratings. If you think CG is doing a good job, then let them know there. If you think they’re doing a bad job, then let them know there too. They’ve demonstrated time and time again that the forum is not the place to be heard.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    bevbez24 wrote: »
    come on guys you are better than this. This community expects and deserves better.

Things I've learned over the past 3 years:

1) No, they're not better than this.

2) I don't expect better. They've already nerfed multiple sith raid teams, so why expect better?

3) There's not much we can do when they change character mechanics since it's stated they can be changed whenever they feel like changing them. If we spent a vault or two on the characters for their current known abilities and benefits to get them up and running, it doesn't matter.

4) Anyone who's aware of these things and continues to support the game doesn't deserve better. We know what type of companies we're dealing with and continue to log in to the game every day. We're getting exactly what we deserve.

I'm completely fed up with it at this point and tired of playing the fool.

• Ok. I have read everything and looked over the change and wanted to open a point for discussion.

This change was not directed at the specific issue but instead was an intended NS Nerf. Let’s call it what it is and not try to hide it behind some other “team”.

If you wanted to Nerf NS in P4, just describe it as such and expect backlash. This may actually hold unintended consequences and demoralize your mid sized guilds. I would not be shocked if a whole market of players have or are now considering quitting due to the now more impossible for them HSTR.

This is a discussion point and thus has no real room to be removed.
    LiveOrDie
  • 336sec
    110 posts Member
    I just want to say I agree with most of the fixes the loop is totally broken understandable,but don't punish the people that invested heavily on nightsisters for p4 ,there's better ways to fix this than to nerf out the sisters ,all those daka zetas are now basically wasted.... double zeta ventress wasted ......that's 40 wasted zeta mats .....no tell me that's even a logical fix ???
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I'm concerned that modifying the way all teams interact with Bonds of Weakness is going to have more unanticipated consequences. Rushing a patch to stop one broken team that might break other teams is sloppy.

Why the sudden rush to fix this? This squad was published literally today, there is a limited population of players with 7* Traya, and there's a 2x a week limit to HSith, plus it takes a long time to generate tickets. Taking a few days to assess and come up with a more targeted fix would not have been unreasonable.

My guild is almost into phase 4 - so I'll see how badly these changes impact us. If we are suddenly unable to kill Nihilus, I expect we'll submit 50 angry customer service tickets.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    JBP0010 wrote: »
    My guild has planned to start our first heroic this weekend. This kitten nerf has ended our chances of completing it. WTK is wrong with you?!?!

132M GP? Youll be right
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • When they nerf toons it's kinda like you going to McDonald's and getting a big burger and after you take two bites they come out and take your burger from you and throw down a couple chicken nuggets that had been dropped on the floor and kicked around then they say "You were enjoying that burger way too much so here's this we know you paid money for the burger but we don't care. You can contact us on our website and post a complaint but never expect to get a response from us...maybe we'll give you a free small fry to make up for it"
  • How will thos affect my phoenix squad
    I think took a post I had down but I’ll send it here

Spooky isn’t it. There hasn’t been one troll or anyone throwing out the word “shill” at all.

This is something that should be monitored. When the forums are in aggreeance and have legitimate beef of solely working on NS for the Sith raid. This is just a terrible move.
    As someone said in another post - using the hammer when we needed the scalpel.

As someone that values this community and th game- I ask you not to rage quit , but to voice your concerns more so.

There has been no communication because they want to scale our communication back. They give us replies with robotic feedback that is meaningless.

I ask you all not to step back but to step forward. Not to quit. You all have put time and money in this game , do not let them take that away from you.

Use your voice. Message and create posts. But be respectful. Especially to the mods who volunteer for this because they enjoy the game so much they are willing to sift through our rage posts.

Do not stop talking because they did. Do not stop talking because they refuse to hear. We deserve better than this. Do not settle for lame excuses that we can see through.

We have been playing long enough to recognize the patterns and the cyclical events that keep happening.
    Praise the good. Devs like @Cap deserve the gratitude because he’s real and honest.

I enjoy this game. I went from only watching SW movies to reading EU books and comics because of this game. But more importantly the people that play this game is what makes it great. The people in your guild that you have gotten to know over the YEARS of playing. Hearing about their children or their new job. Seeing players work and grind on a team and finally crush that phase they set out to do. That’s what makes this game great.
    Don’t let anyone tell you or show you different.
    Guilds and this community is what keeps me playing and I’m not foolish enough to believe that it’s exclusive to me.

Keep going. Keep talking. Keep posting.

TRUTH, thats 100% right on
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Why are people asking my opinion? The Sith Raid is the one thing I don't like, so I don't bother doing it. All content is optional content.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    I think took a post I had down but I’ll send it here

Spooky isn’t it. There hasn’t been one troll or anyone throwing out the word “shill” at all.

This is something that should be monitored. When the forums are in aggreeance and have legitimate beef of solely working on NS for the Sith raid. This is just a terrible move.
    As someone said in another post - using the hammer when we needed the scalpel.

As someone that values this community and th game- I ask you not to rage quit , but to voice your concerns more so.

There has been no communication because they want to scale our communication back. They give us replies with robotic feedback that is meaningless.

I ask you all not to step back but to step forward. Not to quit. You all have put time and money in this game , do not let them take that away from you.

Use your voice. Message and create posts. But be respectful. Especially to the mods who volunteer for this because they enjoy the game so much they are willing to sift through our rage posts.

Do not stop talking because they did. Do not stop talking because they refuse to hear. We deserve better than this. Do not settle for lame excuses that we can see through.

We have been playing long enough to recognize the patterns and the cyclical events that keep happening.
    Praise the good. Devs like @Cap deserve the gratitude because he’s real and honest.

I enjoy this game. I went from only watching SW movies to reading EU books and comics because of this game. But more importantly the people that play this game is what makes it great. The people in your guild that you have gotten to know over the YEARS of playing. Hearing about their children or their new job. Seeing players work and grind on a team and finally crush that phase they set out to do. That’s what makes this game great.
    Don’t let anyone tell you or show you different.
    Guilds and this community is what keeps me playing and I’m not foolish enough to believe that it’s exclusive to me.

Keep going. Keep talking. Keep posting.

Well said bud, Its important to keep perspective on this kind've stuff especially. When we post it's to show our passion in the face of bad changes, in the hopes our voices will be heard
  • DarthNeon
    6 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Y’all introduce new things to the game and then when people find a way around something being ridiculously hard not want to change it to take that away from people every time y’all do stuff like this or introduce these new or aspects of the game y’all aren’t losing dedicated players because we strive so long and so hard to get the teams to be able to do things and then you’ll make those teams in the valley because y’all don’t like the fact that we’re beating your system b y’all introduce new things to the game and then when people find a way around something being ridiculously hard not want to change it to take that away from people every time y’all do stuff like this or introduce these new were aspects of the game y’all are losing dedicated players because we strive so long and so hard to get the teams to be able to do things and then you’ll make those teams in the valley because y’all don’t like the fact that we’re beating your system. Leave things alone quit trying to make them even harder for us to enjoy the game as a direct result of y’all’s actions several times throughout the game is history y’all have destroyed guilds completely because you add a new aspect of the game and people are impatient so they look for a stronger guild because they’re not longer adequate enough because y’all ramped it up to a ridiculous difficulty not everyone has deep pockets like EA and capital games to afford to spend all their money on a game just to be able to win we should be able to enjoy the game and have fun with out being pressured because everyone wants better stuff because of your actions
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Why are people asking my opinion? The Sith Raid is the one thing I don't like, so I don't bother doing it. All content is optional content.

I needed you to be funny, and snarky. lol you done trolled me in the best way.
  • This is PAINFUL to read. Punctuation saves!
  • Yeah well it was talk to text so
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    I have 2 characters with both of the G12+ pieces, and I'm actually losing more than before I added it.

Has anyone else who added G12+ seen a change one way or the other?

One thing CG doesn't seem to realize, or want to admit, small stat changes like this aren't game changers. G12+ is the hardest to get yet, and the changes are so small they're insignificant. All the stats for these should be doubled.
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Peempo wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat 20 stacks? Is that your final answer?

No, it's not my final answer. It's my answer for now as we monitor how the change impacts the player base. We recognize it's a pretty big change and want to see how it performs over time.

Don't make the change until you understand the impact is another logical way of resolving the issue. Or just fix isolate in raids..... Do you guys always act so impulsively?!

The reason we responded so quickly on this issue is because we didn't want players to begin to make long term investment decisions around (player ownable) Darth Traya and the raid and have us take it away one months from now. In general, we try to catch these sorts of infinite loops and other overly performant teams early, but we evaluate on a case by case basis. In the past, the Nightsisters didn't cross the threshold. With the introduction of the Critolyte team, we opted to make some changes to Bonds of Weakness that has some impact on Nightsisters.

Our testing in house shows that they are still very good in Phase 4 and still outperform most teams in that Phase. In the balance of things, undercutting Critolyte and leaving the Nightsisters in a very good place made sense to us at the time.

@CG_TopHat What investment? Anyone with a 7 star Traya would gear her and zeta her regardless of this team. Also anyone with a 7 star Traya has played the raid long enough(and the game) and its unreasonable to assume they don't have Assaj, R2 and Hermit Yoda as close to maxed. Acolyte maybe but its truly a small investment in the grand scheme of things(remember we are talking about players with 7 star Traya).

I'm ok with the team getting nerfed and I'm even ok with the futureproofing of another potential future release of a toon providing constant health steal up to enable a similar team.

So the best solution you can do without destroying a perfectly reasonable and viable team, a solution that would have also prevented the StHan shenannigans and the Clones too, is to make bonds of weakness instantly defeat your team at 100. That way you prevent all cheese teams and no normal team could reach these high stacks too. Please consider this and don't ruin zeta and gear investments (which has a worse impact by far, than the potential zeta and gear investments for the Critolyte team which you wanted to avoid) people have already made (as opposed of potentially making with Critolyte) by implementing this change.
    So I urge you to reconsider and thank you for responding to this thread in the first place.
  • I'm still wondering why CG/EA have to always play dirty to milk the players to the bone. Why not just listen to the community instead and develop the game in a way we like it - to make people happily spend on the game and make the same profit, or even more...
  • I see that they’ve added their own questions. How about how are you going to repay the countless number of people who have invested time in all theses characters you continue to nerf? No counter offer to Jtr investment.. the others you nerfed. Can I get my zetas back that I invested in NS? How about a legitimate answer on how you plan to give a return to the player base that continues to pay your salaries? I was offered 400 crystals because of some glitch in TB rewards... so saddening
  • We worked on Nightsisters to get better scores. Especially Old Daka who basically is nearly useless in the raid without full heals. Will the community receive a Zeta because proper gametesting wasn’t implemented and now we have a nerf?

A nerf that should only affect how Isolate works and nothing with NS.
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    If you all want CG to listen, then you need to rate it on the App Store. Businesses value their star ratings. If you think CG is doing a good job, then let them know there. If you think they’re doing a bad job, then let them know there too. They’ve demonstrated time and time again that the forum is not the place to be heard.

Lol, no. Businesses value their revenue, not their star ratings. Request refunds from Apple or Google if you want them to listen.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    NicWester wrote: »

I needed you to be funny, and snarky. lol you done trolled me in the best way.

Oh! Ha! Sorry :p I'll be back in form later, promise!

EDIT: Oh, man... Now I'm going to be banned for trolling :)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • If you invested real $$$ just get refunded from your cc.
  • If you invested real $$$ just get refunded from your cc.

I invested money to gear Old Daka. But the Zeta is from pulls on Thursday and Sunday and Monday and TW. About a months worth that doesn’t work anymore. I can use the Zeta somewhere else where the Zeta specifically for HSR is nearly useless.
  • What's CG stand for?
  • Real $$$ was used a refund is potentially possible. You spent $$ on an item that was appearantly false advertising since they nerfed it. Depending on your cc it's possible.
This discussion has been closed.