Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• Skykler
    130 posts Member
    Agreed. I Want my zeta back
  • Could be that the teams you’re up against also have G12+ Gear

I came across a CLS squad with G12+ gear and it was a doozy to battle
  • Real $$$ was used a refund is potentially possible. You spent $$ on an item that was appearantly false advertising since they nerfed it. Depending on your cc it's possible.

You can’t use the “R” word or you will get in trouble. Kyno talked to me at the start of this year about it.

I really just want my Zeta back for Old Daka.
  • LGuy_21
    72 posts Member
    So the only reason I zeta’d daka was so that I could make the BoW stacks go higher, but now that you can’t go higher than 90% health with 20 stacks or more, I really don’t need the zeta on her. Is there any chance players could be refunded the materials they used to zeta Old Daka? I know it was done at least once before when the description for Barriss’ zeta was changed so it is possible to do here for sure.
  • So now my Phoenix team , which i geared and powered for p3 , to ignore bonds completely is no longer useful , i didnt gain any benefit to the high stacks , i just didnt need to cleanse as my team could recover due to their abilities , so now i will HAVE to cleanse before every 20 or my auto heal won't work ? Or how exactly will this affect them? Same with my wedge lead , i could ignore bonds till around 30 , you have changed more than just the nightsisters, do you understand this ?
    I dont do heroic and am the only real contributor in my guild , this affects more than just the few ppl who have traya, and hurts us smaller guilds who already only have a few that can effectively contribute ,even if more wanted too.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I’ll be honest, I hate NS. They don’t deserve to be as good as they are. So I’m glad they might be worse, that’s really all I care about. I don’t play STR anymore.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Shafro_Fos wrote: »
    What's CG stand for?
    Corrupt Garbage....

It’s actually Capital Games, but same diff....

I thought it was "Capital Gains".

He lives!!!!
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    So now my Phoenix team , which i geared and powered for p3 , to ignore bonds completely is no longer useful , i didnt gain any benefit to the high stacks , i just didnt need to cleanse as my team could recover due to their abilities , so now i will HAVE to cleanse before every 20 or my auto heal won't work ? Or how exactly will this affect them? Same with my wedge lead , i could ignore bonds till around 30 , you have changed more than just the nightsisters, do you understand this ?
    I dont do heroic and am the only real contributor in my guild , this affects more than just the few ppl who have traya, and hurts us smaller guilds who already only have a few that can effectively contribute ,even if more wanted too.

Man I was just in arms over NS getting the smack down. This also messes with other viable teams...BRILLIANT
  • MTSea
    11 posts Member
    Here's a hint CG: If you continually feel the need to nerf toons because of this raid, guess what? It's not the toons that are broken, it's the raid itself. How hard is it? Who exactly is making these decisions? Are you secretly working for FoxNext too?
  • I’m glad I don’t have nightsisters zetaed (except Talzin lead which I love to use), but I feel bad for all the players who heavily invested in nightsisters for P4. The nightsisters were working fine and as intended, there was no reason for a nerf to them. This looping mechanic should have been fixed differently.

I am worried about the acolyte/zombie combo, I hope they don’t totally nerf it, since I still have a lot of fun using them in events and galactic war.

And lastly, I’m actually excited that they’ll change the zombie. Mine is a paper one at g2, but it’d be fun to gear her up and still be able kill her easily and stack up asajj’s damage. Hopefully they do this and not completely nerf zombie or something.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Only “loop” this game has is all the nerfing.
  • Fizix
    127 posts Member
    Skykler wrote: »
    Agreed. I Want my zeta back

Yeah, what this guy said.
  • Reyspet
    12 posts Member
    Just zetaed Daka the other day, now it is useless. Also want my zeta back. How can we be expected to wisely spend zeta mats (the most valuable material, and most difficult to obtain) if the parameters of their use are suddenly changed due to a lack of testing?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So now my Phoenix team , which i geared and powered for p3 , to ignore bonds completely is no longer useful , i didnt gain any benefit to the high stacks , i just didnt need to cleanse as my team could recover due to their abilities , so now i will HAVE to cleanse before every 20 or my auto heal won't work ? Or how exactly will this affect them? Same with my wedge lead , i could ignore bonds till around 30 , you have changed more than just the nightsisters, do you understand this ?

Man I was just in arms over NS getting the smack down. This also messes with other viable teams...BRILLIANT

This is exactly why those of us commenting before the details of this were announced urged them not to do what we all knew they were going to do. Instead of fixing issues with a scalpel, they use a sledge hammer. Happens every time.

Of course, we also need to be honest about this and recognize that the Traya/Acolyte cheese is just a pretense. The real intent is clearly to nerf Nightsisters more broadly in this raid. This isn’t about infinite loops. They don’t want any team to be hitting for more than about 5 million in heroic. They WANT this raid to be a tedious, boring slog. Any squad composition that meaningfully brings down a boss’s health bar is “not working as intended.”
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 would love to hear your take on this whole fiasco.

Well, to begin with, I'm okay with stopping an infinite loop versus a raid boss. I fully support the idea that raids are a team effort (even if the rewards for Heroic tier are anything but....but that's a different 1,500 post, unanswered thread for another....year, apparently).

That said, that's not all CG did. They nerfed NS functionality in the raid. Period. Anyone who runs straight NS in phase 4 knows (and so does CG) that 20 is too low.

Secondly, the portion regarding "paper zombie" is absolutely ridiculous. Everyone fully understood the synergistic possibilities as soon as they read Daka and Vent's Zeta abilities. And CG has known them since before they were even released.

So, on the one hand they "carefully monitor" things but on the other, paper zombie has been in use for months and now they're thinking about doing something? On the one hand they wanted to fix Critolyte before people made a significant investment, but waited months, until people poured crystals into shards access cantina refreshes for 7* zombie to do anything about her?

Wish they would have been that quick with the Ships 2.0 mass nerfs....oh wait, another unanswered mega thread for another time.

Noticing a trend? Yep, me too. And it dates back about a year.

There's a reason the old whales and dolphins are mainly f2p now. It's because we grow tired of the "spend money for advantage > have advantage nerfed" story - that gets old and repetitive. Quickly.

Fix the infinite loop. Fine. Nerf NS in the raid and threaten to nerf zombie too? Uncool. Again. And for the last year.

You want Heroic Sith Raid (and other tiers) to be a team effort? Make the reward structure and quantities of rewards reflect that.

Have a great weekend.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Assaj Unique is essentially useless too because now Zombie can’t die as often and now she can only count on minions to kill.
  • DarthChessmath
    12 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Because I spent a lot and maxed their zetas so I could participate in the raid. Now I have a feeling not wasn’t worth it. Anyone else whale zombie to 7* and zeta daka and asajj for HSTR just to have them nerfed and rendered half as good?
  • Assaj Unique is essentially useless too because now Zombie can’t die as often and now she can only count on minions to kill.
    No, asajj’s unique is great in HAAT and several other areas of the game. Definitely not a useless zeta.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Think of all the nerfs since sith raid came out. St han (log in character lol) resistance, rewards 2 times. Now this. Who’s next greedo. You have really lost the trust this time Devs. Who’s going to buy anything without fear of a possible nerf. You refunded for barriss I think it’s only right if you touch Daka or anyone anymore that we are made whole again. Credit card company is getting a call in the morning for a full refund. Good jobs team clap- clap- clap.
    No, asajj’s unique is great in HAAT and several other areas of the game. Definitely not a useless zeta.

Depends on the perspective. Most people Zetaed her unique to add massive damage to HSR. I know I did. I dont care about HAAT. While I agree that she can be in other areas of the game she wasn’t worth it enough to Zeta for HAAT alone.

There are other teams that can do massive damage in HAAT.
  • Keszey
    68 posts Member
    Because I spent a lot and maxed their zetas so I could participate in the raid. Now I have a feeling not wasn’t worth it. Anyone else whale zombie to 7* and zeta daka and asajj for HSTR just to have them nerfed and rendered half as good?

A lot of us did. I'm sure this post will be "curated" before I can enter my comment. Go to the subreddit.

• https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1609616#Comment_1609616

Please join this thread here. We are talking about it now!
  • Skykler
    130 posts Member
    How are we supposed to know when something like this is going to happen. WHY WAS NO TESTING EVEN DONE??? PLEASE GIVE ME MY ZETA MATS BACK. I don’t want to work for weeks to get them to just flush them down the drain
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    Mods will give you way more stats than any gear.
    Hodor
  • If Zetas were easy to get it would be one thing. But they aren’t.

The solution would be to nerf how Isolate affects Traya and NS would be untouched.

How sad would it be for these guilds working in NS to try and beat HSR to get Traya shards suddenly stripped of their ability to use a good HSR team. This can cause lower guilds as far as GP to split up because after a nerf those that stuck around their guild waiting to finally beat HSR get slapped in the face with the nerf. So now guilds split up to go to ones that can still beat it.
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm very glad that I never invested in them. However, I know some good people who just spent a considerable amount of money buying NS shards on new accounts or have been getting their zetas on their main accounts. Now these NS are going to be nerfed and HSTR gets buffed AGAIN when the problem is a TRAYA SPECIFIC issue. WE THE SUB 100M GUILDS DON'T HAVE TRAYA! Let alone 7 stars. We are already watching guilds collapse for lack of Traya shards, now you made it even HARDER?! WHY? This is a completely horrendous decision. I do agree, Zombie should've been fixed a while ago. Acolyte should've been fixed a while ago. NS are only viable because of that gimmick, and you knew that, and you allowed it to persist. People invested in them. I encouraged some of my members to invest in them, and for what? Now they're going to have their squads nerfed in HSTR. How much harder can you make the **** raid?! You keep adding more rewards to t7 and any guild that cannot beat it is only getting left completely behind. Only Bastila teams are remotely viable in a Traya arena, everything else falls way too hard on defense. Fix Traya, STOP MAKING THE RAID HARDER FOR NON WHALES! You nerfed JTR teams in raids, now you're nerfing the entire NS faction, all for one event that most of us hate because if you can't beat it, you're hopeless in arena, and your guild either grows very swiftly or dies very swiftly based solely on that raid. I understand removing the ST Han thing. I understand stopping this loop. But the way you're going about it is atrocious. There had better be a serious health decrease to P4 Nihilus and a reimbursement to those NS players. I can't believe you're screwing over the ONLY truly effective team for P4 Nihilus (JTRs are a distant second, and third place is well behind that). For any of us guilds without 40 JTRs, what do we do?
This discussion has been closed.