Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• Nymleth
    15 posts Member
    They just wanted and excuse to nerf the nightsisters.

Traya gave it.

#NerfIsolateNotNightsisters
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Nymleth wrote: »
    They just wanted and excuse to nerf the nightsisters.

Traya gave it.

exactly this
  • Pa_lin
    80 posts Member
    So how do I get my wasted zetas back?
  • Yet another setback for guilds that have been working hard to get HSith ready.

Frankly, who really cares about a team with 7* Traya in getting nerfed - they've been clearing the raid for months anyway.

But the NS P4 team is vital to clearing. Talk about bait and switch.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Pa_lin wrote: »
    So how do I get my wasted zetas back?

Not at all. No refund. Find another combo which works, than we will nerf it once you farmed it with your $$ :p
  • Just want to support the community, outrage is very well justified in this case. You cant nerf something you previously told is working as intended. People made great effort, spend time and money, rare resources like zetas to grind NS team.
    I beg you, dont do this, revert the changes you made, find another way to prevent soloing of phases.
    Very dissapointmented fan of this game.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Peempo wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat 20 stacks? Is that your final answer?

No, it's not my final answer. It's my answer for now as we monitor how the change impacts the player base. We recognize it's a pretty big change and want to see how it performs over time.

Don't make the change until you understand the impact is another logical way of resolving the issue. Or just fix isolate in raids..... Do you guys always act so impulsively?!

The reason we responded so quickly on this issue is because we didn't want players to begin to make long term investment decisions around (player ownable) Darth Traya and the raid and have us take it away one months from now. In general, we try to catch these sorts of infinite loops and other overly performant teams early, but we evaluate on a case by case basis. In the past, the Nightsisters didn't cross the threshold. With the introduction of the Critolyte team, we opted to make some changes to Bonds of Weakness that has some impact on Nightsisters.

Our testing in house shows that they are still very good in Phase 4 and still outperform most teams in that Phase. In the balance of things, undercutting Critolyte and leaving the Nightsisters in a very good place made sense to us at the time.

This is very funny. You have no in house testing! Otherwise, the sith raid would not have been release with so many team to fix.

As for nerfing NS, you have been waiting to have an excuse to do it since the raid came out. You reacted in less than a few hours to this team because your nerf was already ready.

Please dont take us foridiots. We know you guys dont move this fast, otherwise, a lot more issues would be solved.

Enjoy your week-end drinking to how much you love your losers of a player base and how you could nerf deathmark in P3 ... or is it already all worked out and you are thinking of the nerf on JTR? Way easier to nerf team than get new and fun content out (this said new and FUN - which does not include marquee events!)
  • Tautas
    87 posts Member
    Nightsisters got nerf...... will you compensate 4 zetas i put on nightsisters?

Seriuosly, guys, after this one l will stop buying crystals.
  • I would also like my asajj lead and unique zetas back as well.
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    CG ... what´s the problem with you guys, your company and your decisions?

CG the last half year you don´t have done something that players like... really nothing... not a small thing... and now you are nerfing zombie, and some other mechanics... nobody likes CG and nobody likes the employees in that non-testing, nerfing company...

the best you can do for the healt of the game is to go away, and never come back CG!
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Garmaddon wrote: »
    Just used my nightsisters on the Sith raid my old Daka zeta is now completely useless thanks CG. They may as well completely take the zeta away from her now it's that useless. I feel that anybody that has put a zeta on Daka should be compensated

I Had her Zetad just a day back..Did not even get to see that team potential...Pretty much S **** s.
  • They “fix” one problem and create several more. This is completely unacceptable this late in the raid when so many have invested so much. Everyone knows the cheese had to go... so fix THAT! Don’t make it an excuse to nerf a perfectly run and strategic team that we worked so hard on with time, $$$, and effort.
  • echo33
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Not sure how long this post will stay before it will be deleted, so just briefly - I do agree that teams with infinite loops doing almost 50 mil dmg (on auto, this early in brand new raid) are not the way to go and need to be nerfed some way. However destroying the effort of ALL non Sith heroic guilds in a blink of an eye is simply unacceptable. 7* Traya guilds DO NOT CARE about this nerf, it wont touch them at all, this huge nerf will just put all non heroic guilds miles back. In other words, CG/EA made the already worst and most frustrating event they ever created (non heroic sith raid) even worse, without any warning/discussion with players before the change. I just tested my NS team in P4, was usually doing 3,5 - 4 mil dmg, now i can barely hit 2 mil. That 20 stacks limit needs to be changed, it should be 40-50 at least to make NS rly usable again.
    Post edited by echo33 on
  • spent a lot of money building up my NS's and also put 4 zetas on my NS's to help my guild in the HSith Raid, instead of putting the zeta's on my Sith team.

Kindly refund me the 4 zeta's and close to 23,000 crystals that i spent on gearing my Nightsisters team as you lot have made them totally useless.

I will wait for my refund until i spend anymore money on your game.

Thanks in advance.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    I honestly see no other logical reason for this change. Even people with highly geared zombie get decent damage currently. There are a few other instances in this game where adding additional gear or ability materials can be detrimental in some aspect.

Leave it alone. It is what it is.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    I will try and do the work of the developers before they will chase away even more people from the game.

So the main problem is a game should not have any infinite loops.

Solutions:
    1. Bosses should be immune to turn meter reduction (no rancor type loop)
    2. Traya's Bond of weakness will do damage only at her turn (no sthan/ns loop)
    3. Remove the resist and speed system (must look at exposes and test them)
    4. Reduce HP pool to reflect changes (must be tested)

Expose has huge problems with endless loops as it is basically an infinite loop by itself. This should be tested. I guess it all comes down to the mathematic system you are using.

If you would not simply add always your %tm but base it on the %leftover to 1000 you would always need a part of speed to fill it up and no loop would happen. So the other team would gain tm and attack at some point and no g9 zfinn could solo a g12 traya team...something to consider too.
  • JeerCScaas
    186 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Peempo wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat 20 stacks? Is that your final answer?

No, it's not my final answer. It's my answer for now as we monitor how the change impacts the player base. We recognize it's a pretty big change and want to see how it performs over time.

Don't make the change until you understand the impact is another logical way of resolving the issue. Or just fix isolate in raids..... Do you guys always act so impulsively?!

The reason we responded so quickly on this issue is because we didn't want players to begin to make long term investment decisions around (player ownable) Darth Traya and the raid and have us take it away one months from now. In general, we try to catch these sorts of infinite loops and other overly performant teams early, but we evaluate on a case by case basis. In the past, the Nightsisters didn't cross the threshold. With the introduction of the Critolyte team, we opted to make some changes to Bonds of Weakness that has some impact on Nightsisters.

Our testing in house shows that they are still very good in Phase 4 and still outperform most teams in that Phase. In the balance of things, undercutting Critolyte and leaving the Nightsisters in a very good place made sense to us at the time.

Lol.
    This cryolite team is something every player who has 7* Traya already has geared and ready to go. (Which is my case)
    As you need all 5 toons to perform well in Heroic and get Traya.
    This argument is completely invalid.

And also you didn't understand the point on NS. They were top chance to score and rank high (rewards you know), and people invested hard for that. You are removing this from them.

You don't understand anything about you are being told to answer, neither the staff there.

It's ridiculous.
  • This f*%#%*g sucks
  • .don't make us regret gearing Nightsisters long enough just be nerfed.... Nightsisters did nothing wrong!!!!
    .nerf Traya Isolate!!!!

• Well my P4 T5 score has more than halved. Not sure how that equates to T7.

One of the biggest issues is having to much more carefully manage cleansing, as above 20 all TM gain disappears. Having to cleanse at 15-20 to manage that right as there is no wriggle room.
  • MrSinister
    16 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I rarely post on these forums. But what @CG_TopHat has said worries me for the upcoming "adjustment". At present sisters are by far the best p4 team and so for that reason many of us have invested vast amounts of time, money and resources into leveling them to a usable position. I currently have av, mt and daka all completed at g12 and zetas.
    But now tophat is saying

"Our testing in house shows that they are still very good in Phase 4 and still outperform most teams in that Phase. In the balance of things, undercutting Critolyte and leaving the Nightsisters in a very good place made sense to us at the time."

This worries me because their testing is notoriously bad and saying also they outperform most teams means that I feel like I have wasted a lot of time and resources on these.

#
  • That will be the final straw for me, im not in a HSIT guild so am unaffected by the Treya Nerf (i do agree that the behaviour needs to be nerfed), but i have been gearing and obtaining JTR, GMY and NS teams for a loooong time just for HSIT, nothing else just trying to prepare for the horrible raid that you have created and refuse to acknowledge any feedback on.

After that amount of effort and in conjunction with your policy of not adding characters to stores, over utilisation of single hardnode locations the paper NS nerf will be the final straw, the second that zombie gets nerfed will be the moment i uninstall.

Im already seeing others in our guild Discord channel saying, they have had enough, if you was going to nerf Zombie you should have done it months ago before most people built a farming stratagy around them

Thanks
  • Naver666
    292 posts Member
    Give assajj lead a bonus ability like thrawn that instantly kills and revives an ally of your choice, grant a small amount of TM by doing so to compensate the "wasted" turn. That way you could still use the paper Zombie mechanic and gearing Zombie would actually make Sense. Change daka zeta to "whenever someone uses this ability she gets what she got before". This wouldn't undo the whole nerf but it would leave people with something interesting to play with for their effort on this team.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    One of the fun things about STR was all those mechanics in phase 4. There was so much to keep an eye out for. So much to optimize. One thing was trying to stack bonds as high as possible without loosing control of the healing/TM train. It was risky. It was a challenge. It was fun.

Now we all will just automaticaly clean bonds at 20 stacks. Where's the challenge in that? Where's the fun?
  • I can’t even explain how **** I am about this. My guild is literally mid heroic raid, looking like we could beat it for the first time. I’m the sith raid coach for my team and have been counting on 5 of our NS teams being able to clear out nihilis in p4 and now it looks like it could be another 2 months until we could clear this heroic raid again.
    I’ve also been dropping about $250-$300 per month building various teams for this raid... 5 months after launch you take a mechanic away from us that was crucial to beating the raid? I may just quit, and I can guarantee you never see another dime from me.
  • 'outperform most teams'

Well that just begs the question...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Can’t agree more with the comments in here. The impact of this is that is will be much more difficult to clear the heroic sith raid, which has insane rewards. Translation, only the whaliest guilds will be able to clear it now. So guess who gets to dominate arena even more, as well as soak up all the g12+ gear? I’m a whale (in a non whale guild) who is about to quit
  • Can i please have all the zetas, gear, crystals and hard work back that i put on the NS.
    I was planning on whaling out on Bastile but my wallet thanks you for pulling this stunt.
    Nerfing a whole team that works and is not exploiting anything other then under geared zombie just because someone who has a 7 star traya can cheese the raid. How about that you die if you have more then 100 stacks. Problem solved for the cheese team.
  • Girder
    46 posts Member
    And the nerf is bugged so nothing heals at all past 20 stacks anymore.
    Yes ladies, the hotfix is bugged. Now hold that up against the in-house testing they did that said NS still performs well.
This discussion has been closed.