Sudden Training Droid Shortage?

I've always had tons of extra training droids lying around (hundreds and hundreds of the 1* and 2*), but suddenly at level 55/56, I have a huge shortage. Anyone else experience this? I'm keeping 5 light and 5 dark characters at max level, but I've always been doing this. Not really excited about blowing 50 energy at a time on the keycard battles. :neutral:

Replies

• Ya, I read early on that even though it seems like you have ample training druids and credits, when you're high level you'll experience some shortage. You want to build a top 5 team but besides that you gotta be picky as far as to who to level.
  • The road from 50-60 is incredibly expensive. It costs about 650k to go from 50-60 and a ton of droids. Make sure you do the bounty hunter and training droid events.
  • I'm lv 56...with ample T.D.... but I'm sure it's has to do with my buying of erengy refills everyday. N being able to finish g.w. daily.
  • With the new character update, and a very lucky chronium pull... i have little to no training droids left at lvl 50
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Just be patient and do lots of challenges, and also refilling Cantina energy can help because you get droids from there on each mission ... the 1 & 2 star droids add up. Also do galactic war everyday and practice until you get good at it, you get lots of good stuff there including high-level droids.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • You can purchase a few 5* training droids for 60 crystals. After you unlock the key events, you can do training droid challenges for 50 energy.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    I found the biggest issue with training droids and credits, is that if someone keeps on top of the galactic wars they should be able to generally keep up if they level around a dozen or so characters. But if you miss a handful of galactic wars complete completions then it can throw you off in terms of credits and training droids...

The general advice has always been be very frugal with your credits and training droids early on in the game... Which is kinda hard as people start to replace characters they had been leveling with more versatile ones they acquire later.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • zeekdog wrote: »
    With the new character update, and a very lucky chronium pull... i have little to no training droids left at lvl 50

Same here
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, there are supply and demand issues with training droids and credits after like level 55. Its to be expected. The droids in the shop shipment are actually a really good deal if you can stomach their crystal cost. Buying these once a day will supplement your supply demands, but at the cost of farming a few shards. I have had to drop 5s shard nodes from my daily energy use so that i can farm my other 3 more important hero nodes and still buy the shipments training droids.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Pilot wrote: »
    Yeah, there are supply and demand issues with training droids and credits after like level 55. Its to be expected. The droids in the shop shipment are actually a really good deal if you can stomach their crystal cost. Buying these once a day will supplement your supply demands, but at the cost of farming a few shards. I have had to drop 5s shard nodes from my daily energy use so that i can farm my other 3 more important hero nodes and still buy the shipments training droids.

Agreed. 60 crystals for 5 five-star training droids is reasonable, especially if you are getting ranked in the arena
  • If your buying all the crystal refills from 50-100 gems, finish gw n all mini events...you'll be able to support all training upgrades for 10 toon (my experience, I'm lv 57).....where you'll ll really run into problems , are credits, once u start promoting 6* & 7*.....I'm still able to stay afloat...but it's a lil more challenging. .....
  • Hah! Wait until you decide you need that lvl 1 toon to be 60 after all. BLAM! Wiped out all of your droids. You didnt notice it before, but your bank of droids has been declining since lvl 50.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Yup i ran out. Later Pilot..you were in my server...i just uninstalled. No more fighting in the arena!
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    ef8951fd31eee34f6e30a8938e971aec.png

Just buy ur refills , and ull have enough T.D. to support ur toons
  • I'm low on Training Droids at level 50, and I can't level my whole team.

I'd love a way to use crystals to buy more. I'm NEVER in a shortage for money/credits. It's odd to me that you can buy credit packs for crystals, but not training droids...
  • Yeah, if you're not finishing GW and getting max level on challenges you either run out of droids, cash or both.

I leveled up to 52 today and had to train my A squad and a few spares for GW plus I got a Daka drop on a Bronzium yesterday that unlocked Vader in achievements so I'm hard up trying to get them up to speed.
    My JC is ready to promote to 5* but I have to wait for GW tomorrow for the 250k credits required.

My biggest shortage is on the green triangle ability mats, drops in cantina seem capricious and infrequent, and GW seems to give me more of the other two types. I love the weekend for the full slate of challenges, it's my catch up day. :)

Once you unlock Keycard events there's opportunity for more droids but each event is 50 energy which is really steep.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Not everyone manages to win GW every day, d'oh. It's pretty hard still, I managed to do it 4 times only since I opened the thing up. I can get to node 9-11 depending on the luck I get.

So yeah, training droids can run out, the way to deal with this is to really focus on a few characters and don't be tempted to train other units (like I did, sadly - but I love experimenting).
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • the cap is 60 once your main team is there the XP droids start Over flowing again. Unless your trying to level ever character. But then you will have credit issues its like 1.1 million credits from 0-60
  • Keeps things interesting and forces you to choose instead of being able to level all.
    Eventually you will be able to train and gear a B squad :)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Yea, a week after originally posting this, I've hit level 60 and am short on credits while I have plenty of training droids. It was not worth it to spend those 60 credits on the training droids shipment! :(