Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• Rav1n
    20 posts Member
    Guys. Paper zombie isn't all it's cracked up to be. I ran a paper zombie for a while. Every time she dies she loses taunt, exposing the rest of the squad to attack. That usually happens at the most inopportune times, like in P1 and P4 when Nihlus is about to one shot someone.

It's even less effective in the arena. Since I've leveled up the zombie a bit my rank increased a bit and I've noticed that I can now beat certain teams that are able to cause >OTHER< infinite loops *Looks sideways at CLS*. Yea, walk in zombie gets the first hit and dies. Assaj takes the second hit and dies. Your revive is taken next. Now it's just the zombie and your 2 non-essential others before you get your first shot off. Good luck winning with your damage already off the table.

I prefer a "cardboard" zombie. Not quite fully leveled, starred, and geared- but strong enough to take some damage before dying. It's a fine balance between letting it die to fuel Assaj and keeping taunt to focus the enemy's attention.

The fix here is simple I think. Buff the hell out of the Zombie for keeping her alive. Give it increasing offense and potency each turn, resetting when she dies. Give it the ability to inflict plague without Talzin's leader ability to start, and other debuffs like fracture, shatter, expose each turn until it dies the first time. Congratulations, there's a lot of incentive to keep the zombie alive. Problem solved.
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    In less than 24 hrs this thread already has half the posts that the Sith raid feedback thread has... impressive outcry to a huge injustice.

As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Has anyone mentioned that Daka's zeta is now useless?

Yes - and I literally zeta'd her Thursday (2 days ago). And nerfs like that (and Ships 2.0 and HSith Raid Reward Reworks) are why I have been f2p since August 2017.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 17 times, shame on me. Or something like that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • C4L3B87
    52 posts Member
    I’m not sure why I keep checking this to see if they give an actual response... I mean I wouldn’t they drop this at close of business on a Friday and leave us in the dark for days....
  • DoOrDoNot
    99 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    25 pages in less than 24 hours, CG you have a problem

CG: Problem? What problem? Those suckers ( oh sorry, players) will still do as we are told after some time. We just need to ignore those fake protests from the community.

• Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Mahbrethir wrote: »
    Your csr' s at Ea support are telling people, "Sorry, in game transactions cannot be reversed," well no duh, that's the problem, and then you offer 200 crystals.... what is that going to do for someone that invested months in several zetas? Two THOUSAND crystals wont get you a single mk v stun gun. You need to prep ea support, so they can respond decently. Twenty thousand doesn't even come close to the investment. Do something tangible, and listen to people telling you to change isolate instead. It negatively affects a much smaller part of your player base. @CG_TopHat

You can do a chargeback with your CC company. I encourage everyone to do so that has spent in the last 60 days.
  • I’ve made an adjustment to my rating of this game in the iOS App Store. They can’t delete that.
  • C4L3B87 wrote: »
    I’m not sure why I keep checking this to see if they give an actual response... I mean I wouldn’t they drop this at close of business on a Friday and leave us in the dark for days....

The best you can hope for is on Monday. I highly doubt it though.
    Going by their responses on other issues , I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Also - be careful on how everyone words things. You can be thrown in forum jail.
  • Maybe these people would find an email enlightening...

7190yjfz5bmw.jpg
  • Also can say coma and question mark.
  • That post is a mess. I'm not reading that. Punctuate your kitten.
  • I've posted about the gear economy numerous times. Why stun guns are still a $20 piece is beyond me. Why carbs are still 1400 is way beyond my comprehension.

Because they are probably the most bought item.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The broken fix even affects other teams as well, not just nightsisters. Was doing JTR in p3last night, BoW got up to 23. Scav Rey, at about 75% health, hits with Leverage for 41k. Health bar doesn't budge despite her 10% health steal (+4100). My scav is only g11 with 14000 health, so +4100 would hqve been immediately obvious.
    It's an unwritten rule of software development that you never deploy a hasty fix and then leave for days. Far better to have announced the intention to fix that loop, then done it properly.
    wmlmuccs9nj0.png
    ote246yqc4xg.jpg

Post edited by kalidor on
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Guys, guys. Enjoy your fleet battle double drops though. I used 400 crystals and got TWO Omega mats. Pfft, Awful EA/CG Awful.
  • Ninho
    92 posts Member
    Dear CG_Devs,
    I am quite bemused for two reasons:
    a) there was another critical post about this issue touching the economics of that game and it got deleted (well, many people predicted this, but it indicates that we players are seen as cows to be milked).
    However, the bigger issue (forgive me for repeating previous posts, but CG needs to se the number of unsatisfied customers)
    b) CG_TopHat said about the Content Philosophy (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/161683/upcoming-sith-triumvirate-raid-changes-3-7):
    "With each new Raid, our goals are to bring a new level of challenge to the game and to provide innovative gameplay which encourages strategic thinking and “outside the meta” play." In my opinion, the NS team was exactly this - finding a creative solution for a part (!) of the new challenge. It only touched DN in P4, so it's neither the complete raid, nor a complete phase as there were still Sion and Traya left. P3 including Traya can be ignored as these players already succeeded heroic level several times.
    So what is the solution? Use meta characters (JTR) or, even better, pay some money for new toons (the new Jedi) to solve this new level of challenge. That is not innovative and no strategic thinking. Dear CG_Devs, plesae read your previous posts and don't act opposite to your defined "philosophy".
    It is also not the first time, that hard farming of toons or ships are not worth it (last seen at the TIE Reaper).
    Kind regards,
    a strongly discouraged customer
  • Drago5760 wrote: »
    Yes, this is yet another gear grind post. Why? Well, looking at my last 2 sets of HAAT rewards struck a chord. I know it’s a small sample size, but it is telling.

I got zero gear that any characters currently need. Wow. 26 g12, 13 g11, 8 g10, 11 g9, and 34 g8. And nothing to help any of those 92 characters.

Yeah, it’s a long grind, but the grind is growing exponentially (g12, g12+) and it feels like the toon release rate has increased this year.

So, why shouldn’t Rancor and HAAT heroic tiers adjust accordingly? Help players get through that g8-g10 crunch to the actual minimum tiers for relevance g11/12. Please?

Of course the cynical, realistic answer is that the devs intentionally created this problem by making stun guns and their components shared across so many characters instead of creating a greater diversity of gear use. Why? So we spend money of course. At nearly $20 USD per stun gun, i’ve got very little interest in doing so however. Nor do I have much interest in, for example, spending $60 USD, to take Old Ben from g9 to g10.

TLDR; please make Rancor and HAAT gear relevant. Players need the gear to maintain healthy growth.

Me too weirdly enough, and most of my guild. It sucks really.
  • Zar1234
    18 posts Member
    Here is a suggestion on paper zombie that won’t hurt anyone. At g12, zombie unlocks a special ability akin to L3, where at the players option they can decompose the zombie from being tanky to paper as a locked buff. Also change the unique omega from pretaunt to 100%tm so the zombie goes first to gain taunt and activate the decompose if the play so chooses.

The decompose buff will be better than a merely G6 paper zombie.

This will go a long way to not hurting what i consider to be the most fun team to run in STR.
  • AWilson@ea.com - if we voice our concerns en masse it may be a worthwhile effort.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Have they forgotten that zombie is from a single hardnode? Like most new characters have been just so we can have 5000+ shard shop currency for gear

If this wasn’t star wars and had the guild mecanic I had quit long ago, sorry to say
  • JIVJI
    16 posts Member
    They always take a look at a problem thats concerning "about 1%" of the players instead actually looking at the much bigger picture and do something for the other 99%!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Mahbrethir wrote: »
    Because red flag issues, like the traya isolate exploit, are more important to them than the needs of the player base

It's not an exploit, and they should just leave it alone.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Have they forgotten that zombie is from a single hardnode? Like most new characters have been just so we can have 5000+ shard shop currency for gear

If this wasn’t star wars and had the guild mecanic I had quit long ago, sorry to say

Very much same, Gam.
    I’m fully FTP as of now though.
  • JIVJI
    16 posts Member
    How is this even possible to get a reward from AAT raid such as salvage that you get from daily challenges ...
  • Zar1234 wrote: »
    Here is a suggestion on paper zombie that won’t hurt anyone. At g12, zombie unlocks a special ability akin to L3, where at the players option they can decompose the zombie from being tanky to paper as a locked buff. Also change the unique omega from pretaunt to 100%tm so the zombie goes first to gain taunt and activate the decompose if the play so chooses.

The decompose buff will be better than a merely G6 paper zombie.

This will go a long way to not hurting what i consider to be the most fun team to run in STR.

I dig it. But I am concerned about any part of the game that has a gear threshold. So I can see that happening for zombie- then ppl reading the numbers and saying - we should do gear thresholds for events, or other raids. It’s a scary step to a precedent.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    The biggest problem here is that the devs see the solo of one boss in a phase with 3 bosses as a problem so they have to nerf it.

This raid has been out for 5 months. If people can't build up their teams to the point where they can auto content, then the content is poorly designed or the characters are. Why build up teams to not be able to solo. Isn't that the point of building up teams?

So people can use the character you get from the heroic to auto 1/3 of 1 phase... Who cares? Let them. The raid is already well beaten by them.

People have been complaining since the raid came out that it was too difficult and yet, CG keeps finding ways to make it harder. Knock it off CG! Make it easier instead. And fix the rewards for the non-heroic tier while you are at it.

Your vision for what a raid should be isn't the only thing that matters, player's expectations are just as important.
  • 600 crystals... what a slap in the face.

There should be a legitimate refund of zetas and g12 gear for those who invested in NS for the “spirit of the raid/game” to help their guilds master the Hsith. When I mentioned this, their response was we can’t refund zeta’s, here are 600 crystals instead. A lot of players who did things correctly are being punished for something perhaps 1% of players can do.

It’s one thing to correct issues with the game. It’s another thing to nerf a legitimate squad used by guilds to beat the raid. Those with 7* Traya’s are guilds who’ve already mastered this raid. Once you beat the raid 20+ times, it becomes a chore that is not fun anyway for subpar gear unless you’re in the top ten. I didn’t see CLS get nerfed when he could solo the Rancor.

We should be refunded our zetas (3 for me personally) and g12 gear. That’s a significant time and gear investment. I could have used that for other legitimate raid squads. Something needs to be done.
  • So now if you go above 20 stacks not only does it not heal to 90pct, it doesn't heal at all....also Daka revive only revives one nightsister. It basically makes all abilities that do any kind of healing revive not work as intended....Great job CG and going into the weekend no less.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    The broken fix even affects other teams as well, not just nightsisters. Was doing JTR in p3last night, BoW got up to 23. Scav Rey, at about 75% health, hits with Leverage for 41k. Health bar doesn't budge despite her 10% health steal (+4100). My scav is only g11 with 14000 health, so +4100 would hqve been immediately obvious.
    It's an unwritten rule of software development that you never deploy a hasty fix and then leave for days. Far better to have announced the intention to fix that loop, then done it properly.

At the beginning of July some girl in game development got fired for a cy_riggs moment with fans and it got a lot of backlash. EA fires Carrie which is deserved and they get bad press. So we are stuck with all the bad decisions she can make until the storm passes.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    The biggest problem here is that the devs see the solo of one boss in a phase with 3 bosses as a problem so they have to nerf it.

This raid has been out for 5 months. If people can't build up their teams to the point where they can auto content, then the content is poorly designed or the characters are. Why build up teams to not be able to solo. Isn't that the point of building up teams?

So people can use the character you get from the heroic to auto 1/3 of 1 phase... Who cares? Let them. The raid is already well beaten by them.

People have been complaining since the raid came out that it was too difficult and yet, CG keeps finding ways to make it harder. Knock it off CG! Make it easier instead. And fix the rewards for the non-heroic tier while you are at it.

Your vision for what a raid should be isn't the only thing that matters, player's expectations are just as important.

This has always happened though.
    Remember the fixes to Vader and his lead zeta.
    How many times did they have to fix it.
    Then they release Jyn and then CLS.

I think the best things CG has done raid wise. Was the expose exposè for haat. That they cut down in the Sith raid.

Oh and toon wise- putting Unmasked Kylo and his ship on the same low node in cantina.
This discussion has been closed.