Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• FerLandrossa
    198 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Have they forgotten that zombie is from a single hardnode? Like most new characters have been just so we can have 5000+ shard shop currency for gear

If this wasn’t star wars and had the guild mecanic I had quit long ago, sorry to say

Ditto. Plus the time and money invested to date.

Thing is, I just dont know if any of these factors are going to keep me playing much longer.

There comes a point where no amount of hope can overcome the constant flow of their poor decisions that constantly worsen player experience.

I'm pretty much there. No doubt a lot of others at the same point. Sad.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    It may be because he's the weakest. But I've noticed it too.
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The reason we responded so quickly on this issue is because we didn't want players to begin to make long term investment decisions around (player ownable) Darth Traya and the raid and have us take it away one months from now. In general, we try to catch these sorts of infinite loops and other overly performant teams early, but we evaluate on a case by case basis. In the past, the Nightsisters didn't cross the threshold. With the introduction of the Critolyte team, we opted to make some changes to Bonds of Weakness that has some impact on Nightsisters.

This paragraph in your own FAQ is eye-opening for how frequently it misses the point and contradicts itself.

1) To claim you made this change within hours of learning about the Critolyte team to prevent users from making long term investment decisions is laughable. You must know how extensively the NS toons have been farmed, geared and zetad for P4 Sith raid. Like many, I’ve thrown real money at crystals in order to get MT and Zombie to 7*, just so I can have a stab at top 10 in HSith raids. And now, a mere 24 raids away from having 7* traya, you want to spare me the pain of wasting investment in her?

2) you claim that, in the past, Nightsisters didn’t cross the threshold for infinite loop damage. In the advent of the critolyte team you have made changes that reduce the scoring capabilities of Nightsister teams - the majority of whom don’t even use Acolyte to get them. If the scores obtainable without 7* traya didn’t cross your “threshold”, why affect a change that reduces the damage teams without that toon can do? In your own words there wasn’t a problem before Traya came along.

3) this is the latest in a line of occasions where you’ve made a change that is unpopular with the community at large (mod upgrading system, TB fleet battles changing to 1 wave...) and implied that it’s come about as a result of careful consideration of reading users’ forum / Reddit comments. This is insulting. And the apologist waffle you post to try and smooth over the chaos is wearing more than a little thin.

THIS
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Have a good weekend!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SWGOH good game.

Go to the car dealership, find a car you like in price range. Ask the salesperson some details, “does it drive well? How many miles on the clock? Brakes all good? “ etc, salesperson says it “drives like a dream! Very low mileage! Brakes are great, just fitted new pads! Take a test drive and see for yourself “

The test drive goes smoothly, all is well. Pay the salesperson and drive home in your shiny new toy. Next day driving to work, the brakes fail but one is safe. When investigating what happened to the brakes, it turns out the Car Dealer snuck in while me sleeping, like a thief in the night he removed the “new brakes” , now the car is currently worthless and undrivable.

The moral of the story, yep.
  • Fabirus
    17 posts Member
    I want the 40 zetas back that i put on asajj
  • I'm not going to get into all of the specifics of the issues and needed changes, because I think that's been more than covered,
    @CG_Carrie , remember our conversation about testing your content before release? This is why. Please revisit your stance on how/who tests your new content. They are clearly a) not doing a good job, or b) intentionally withholding information from you in order to exploit it later.
    This makes you (as a team and a company) look foolish and it only serves to anger an increasingly unsettled player-base. See if it's too difficult for players that don't have "test accounts," that are all 7*, fully-geared (in fairness, I can only assume this, based on the power-level adjustments that are often needed post-release). I know that the team knows what they are doing, but it doesn't *seem* that way when several changes are needed post-release. The "not in the spirit of the raid" line is publicity spin for "we didn't even think of that, and we didn't catch it because we didn't properly test." Then, you change things mid-stream which angers players that have been building towards a useful team. A sense of accomplishment can NEVER come when a sliding scale is used to move the goal further away (I'd love to have a convo about TB platoons in this vein), what you get is a sense of frustration.
    I hope you take the time to read, but more importantly, comprehend, what I'm saying here. Most importantly, I hope you take the time (or argue for, anyway) and resources to implement some meaningful changes. I wish you the best of luck in doing so.
  • I literally just zetad MT's unique about 15 days ago and now it's useless, 5stacks in 1 attack.....Thanks for nerfing this encounter and failing at even doing it right because some Youtubers who equal the top .1pct of the game were able to god mod and gear a team that could break the HSR that they don't even need to do because they can beat it in an hour legitimately....
  • Girder wrote: »
    Also - the hot-fix/nerf is bugged. After 20 stacks nothing heals at all - not even to 90%.

Back to the in-house testing that was supposedly done. Can you understand why we don’t give that much credit?
    Considering it was specifically said that the team had been tested and found to perform well, despite a glaringly obvious bug?

This.

@CG_CMandellorian @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs @CG_JohnSalera @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb ....or any other CG's that are listening....this is an opportunity to whistleblow/demonstrate integrity. It was explicitly told to the community that the change was tested, evaluated, and parameters chosen to get a desired result. The community rapidly discovered a bug which would be obvious if even one person had actually play tested the change. This implies it was not play tested, not objectively evaluated and parameters were chosen without that information.

Tell us what really happened. Win trust.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Even bounty hunters are not earning health.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    just wanted to add: that vid is one of the greatest/funniest swgoh vids I've ever seen (the nsa/traya loop). But, again, devs "fixed" a non-issue for 99.99% whilst killing the rest of us.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Fabirus
    17 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Have they forgotten that zombie is from a single hardnode? Like most new characters have been just so we can have 5000+ shard shop currency for gear

If this wasn’t star wars and had the guild mecanic I had quit long ago, sorry to say

Ditto. Plus the time and money invested to date.

Thing is, I just dont know if any of these factors are going to keep me playing much longer.

There comes a point where no amount of hope can overcome the constant flow of their poor decisions that constantly worsen player experience.

I'm pretty much there. No doubt a lot of others at the same point. Sad.

2 more zetas basically wasted. I'm getting tired of this too
  • Our testing in house shows that they are still very good in Phase 4 and still outperform most teams in that Phase. In the balance of things, undercutting Critolyte and leaving the Nightsisters in a very good place made sense to us at the time.

LOL....literally 1 test run would tell you after you go over 20 stacks not only does it not heal to 90pct but it doesn't heal at all and then abilities with any kind of health gain or even revive no longer work right....give me a break.
  • Jos33680
    122 posts Member
    Two quality positions are online : show wants to apply ? ;););)

https://www.ea.com/studios/capital-games/careers
  • Wiggensbog
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Also this change now TOTALLY negates visas' heals and revive mechanic. She can only revive when she is at 100% health.

Also it's glaringly obvious that the issue was NOT in the nightsister mechanics, but the 7* traya in the raid with isolate. It required careful strategy to do well with NS in phase 4, Traya comes along and breaks the raid, NS and many other characters and factions get a nerf too? Are you kidding me?
  • Jos33680 wrote: »
    Two quality positions are online : show wants to apply ? ;););)

https://www.ea.com/studios/capital-games/careers

Maybe if Carrie finally gets fired after this latest and greatest debaccle some decent people may get hired. So far its clear their ability to hire QA and Community Managers is seriously lacking.
  • Because they haven’t properly tested this hotfix, there is no telling how many teams this really affects.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    jedilord wrote: »
    haha! new nerf new bug!

CG you can´t do anything right even your nerf is a bug^^ lol ... you are a bunch of amateurs...

heal from asajj... instead of 90% heal, nobody is healed^^

gn1kwg3vukcw.png
    andy99ztyeso.png

Bump because bugs....
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    In a 5 minute "fix" they managed to undo months of "long term investment" by and entire player base AND break their own game. Do you guys ever really test anything and understand the true consequences of your actions?

And please don't insult us by offering 500 crystals, this issue goes way beyond that, it's now into a broken trust you have earned with your player base.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    A full zeta and gear 12 night sister team owner since the beginning. This raid finally gave a use for Daka zeta and Assajj lead. I used to do 4-5mill in P4 now it’s unluckly I’ll hit higher than 2-3.

I have 2 7* treya owners in my guild and I would be perfectly fine having to time my hits to get my score or they run the gambit. No different than HAAT or Pit.... if you have a 7* Treya you deserve top awards for an long as possible before she gets ousted just like GK...

You are making steps that are boardering on Fraud and your player base if gonna show you what happened when fraud occurs right away!
  • ok so after reading the posts i wholeheartedly agree with every single one. Bottom line is im not sure you all in Development know what you are doing to things. This 20 stack no heal cap will not only nerf NS but will effectively nerf every group in this raid. this really looks like a blind attempt to make it look like you all know what you are doing. and the bottom line is it doesnt affect heroic guilds what this does is effectively push back every other group trying to get to heroic beck even further 6 months to a year in all honesty. I truly think you all pull numbers and fixes out of a hat and implement them without the understanding of eventful ripples and consequences in game (player base most notably).

Let me be clear i dont care about current heroic clearing teams. As a team thats on the fringe of heroic this puts us in a serious bind and make most of us rethink the reasoning for playing. I also know for a fact that this will not have any bearing on future choices you make but dont take the majority of the player base and shaft them even more on the raid in general because of a problem that HAS TO DO WITH A TOON YOU GUYS MADE THE WAY SHE IS. this is not about nightsisters for hells sake. This is a TRAYA ISSUE You all should have fixed your "prized possesion" and left well enough alone.
  • SharkMilkk
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Why wasn’t Assaj changed before this if it was so prevalent?? Why wait until everyone has farmed and zetad nightsisters to Nerf them?? Ridiculous. I have no idea who to farm now because it could all be nerfed tomorrow. This is the biggest mistake CG has ever made.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    The bonds of weakness also effect bounty hunters as no health is gained with bossk lead and bounty hunters cannot remove bonds. I know most post are about NS but this has to be pointed out as well.
  • In the words of Anakin, "this is outrageous"
    All humor aside I am LIVID. I HATE every single thing the devs have done with this raid. They are practically trying to kill off any guilds between 80 and 120m, and they're destroying anyone in arena who can't get her. Wasting so many peoples' investments that they chose to wait for months to address. The entire raid is terrible, it has ruined the fun and made the guild atmosphere far less communal and far more cutthroat. WHY?! Fix this with a screwdriver, not a sledgehammer. I am fed up with this, I dislike playing at this point with arena going to h ell. I'm only still here to help my guild beat it. After that I want to quit. The game isn't fun anymore.
  • greycloak
    119 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Also, if any variation of this is going to stay, give every character the ability to remove bonds with no cooldown.
  • Is the new Jedi 4* **** lead that wrecks Traya
    In the spirit of the game?
  • Lol it star’d out ****... which are appropriate initials. I was going to zeta her today but they might nerf that too.
  • Bastilla
  • OldBen
    55 posts Member
    My Guild was getting close to mastering heroic STR because we heavily invested in Nightsister Zetas the last couple of weeks - and now you ruin the faction and throw us back until JTR comes back again because somebody exploited a 7* Traya...Are you serious? People in my guild are **** at me as well - because i advised them to crack Nightsisters. Have a couple of menbers that consider quitting the game...which will most likely destroy our guild. I never liked that CG bashing and always tried to understand your ways - but this just sucks.
This discussion has been closed.