Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

  • This should really be the last straw. I think it is time for @CG_Carrie and the bulk of the development team to go. They are destroying this game and daring loyal players to quit/stop spending money. Every decision shows contempt for the player base. I’ve spent thousands on this game. My wallet is now closed. Unlike EA, Apple Support is quick to respond to customer service requests involving recent purchases. I hope when you come back to the office on Monday, someone is there to watch you pack up your desks and escort you from the building.
  • Ravens1113
    3438 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Wiggensbog wrote: »
    Also this change now TOTALLY negates visas' heals and revive mechanic. She can only revive when she is at 100% health.

    Also it's glaringly obvious that the issue was NOT in the nightsister mechanics, but the 7* traya in the raid with isolate. It required careful strategy to do well with NS in phase 4, Traya comes along and breaks the raid, NS and many other characters and factions get a nerf too? Are you kidding me?

    So @CG_TopHat so now let’s go over how this has gone.
    - Massive blowback from the community; not s single positive post about it. Even the ones finding some sort of sunlight with the change are still negative.
    - Your “tested in house” nerf now is bugged which prevents any sort of healing once stacks get up to 20. Needless to say rushing ANOTHER “fix” on a Friday was a terrible decision.
    -Your fix not only nerfs NS squads to waste a few zeta’s, but it also nerfs other squads like Phoenix and Visa....so..... how was this properly thought out?
    -When people have gone to EA support for answers the compensation they offer is arbitrary as seen from the posts in this thread. That’s not ok.
    - People making very level headed and rational posts are being jailed or banned....I’ve read through this thread and those that have been punished on the forums really have done nothing wrong.
    - Some massive whales have decided to go F2P and some even quit all together. Not even including dolphins.
    - You claim a strive in better communication but you’ve ignored a thread on HSR feedback created by one of your own for months. It’s not like you guys missed 15-20 comments. There’s 1500! comments and posts in that thread. That’s not a good stride if you ask me. It’s called lying

    So what about this was positive? I know it’s the weekend but perhaps an impromptu Q/A session (which was promised to be regularly done throughout the year by the way) is needed and some overtime approved to fix the new bugs and blowback you guys created.
  • Also, this is not good for those who invested in bounty hunters.
  • icanectc wrote: »
    I love how the immediate fix was live to prevent the traya 7* loop. And now that the "fix" completely breaks healing period. The response is.... Nothing. No quick fix for that!!!

    Of course not, it's Saturday, we likely won't see anything until Monday.
  • Pile wrote: »
    So far, best I can figure is that the "spirit of the raid" was to tick off the player base.

    The “intent” was clearly for the raid to be a tedious, boring slog. Any team composition that alleviates that problem must be nerfed.
  • So basically, the response from CG to everyone's hatred of this raid was "It's not us. It's you."? The top 1% of the players figured out a way to beat one specific phase in one specific raid so the decide to screw over everyone. That seems to have become standard operating procedure.
  • This will be the straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of people. Just reset everything and we can forget this ever happened. Just take the fact that traya is the problem and move on. A lesson to better test next time. People are gonna leave in droves otherwise, there are plenty of other starwars apps to throw money at.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    OldBen wrote: »
    My Guild was getting close to mastering heroic STR because we heavily invested in Nightsister Zetas the last couple of weeks - and now you ruin the faction and throw us back until JTR comes back again because somebody exploited a 7* Traya...Are you serious? People in my guild are **** at me as well - because i advised them to crack Nightsisters. Have a couple of menbers that consider quitting the game...which will most likely destroy our guild. I never liked that CG bashing and always tried to understand your ways - but this just sucks.

    We have at least one guy who said hes done with the game if his refund doesn't go through. Starting to sound alot like the talk that lead to the purge of players from MSF.
  • This thread was already at 28 pages... I can't believe it, is there any sort of censorship?

    But everything regarding the STR is just "Fake News"
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    'Sup everyone! So I can see a bunch of you are frustrated and while I'm not the person who's going to be able to answer your questions I do have to come in (as I'm sure some of you are expecting at this stage) and remind everyone of some big forum rules.

    First, calling for folks to be fire is not okay, nor is attacking other members of the community! I've seen a few examples of this in the thread and those posts have been removed. I'm going to run over some key rules here, I've posted about this several times before in other threads and this behavior can not continue and isn't acceptable.

    These rules aren't open for debate or discussion for what it's worth, no matter how frustrated you feel.

    Don'ts from our forum rules:

    Call out Community Managers and Officials. Be cool, folks. We know you want to grab our attention, but good thread titles like the example in Dos will help you get our attention much easier.

    Petition and boycotts. Petitions and boycott discussions do not contribute to a useful and productive forum.

    Be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.

    Bully. Online bullying is against the rules. Bullying is a one-stop-shop to getting banned from the forums. Your gaming account will also be reviewed. Bullying can include:
    Personal defamation
    Naming and shaming
    Gossiping about other people

    Be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.

    Chat about moderation. Our moderators are here to keep this place happy and helpful for everyone. Discussing the way they do things is not okay.

    Mass tags: It's very rare that more than one tag is needed. Don't tag multiple forum members or EA Employees to get attention.

    Let's cool it with the vitriol - there's room for criticism and frustration, but it needs to be civil, and appropriate.
  • Just give back the zetas and gear. This is absolutely unacceptable. We pay good money and invest time into these teams. Months.... Seriously what is wrong with the developers of this game? Do they not play?
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    I want, at least, the zeta I wasted on Daka back. How are they going to return to us all those wasted resources.
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm all for it. Being able to solo Nihilus in itself is beyond ridiculous. It's a Sith Lord ffs…

    Nerfing the Crytolite had to be done. Taking care of the paper zombie issue too. Giving ppl the possibility to abuse of this (lowbie zombie) while ppl in a fair game spirit mindset can't, simply because they leveled him normally like other toons, was quite stupid in the first place. Solution is quite simple tho...we have to be 7 * to get in the heroic raid, make it minimum G9-10 too and problem's solved.

    All in all, this had to be done. The raid is only 3-4 months old, c'mon. Allowing lower guilds to easily overcome P4 with that crappy tactic (paper zombie) would have simply lowered Traya's value. Let them sweat a lil bit over it like we all did… isn't this suppose to be a guild effort? Yeah. A "one man army" phase needing only a single player? Nope.

    Edit. As many ppl can't understand by themselves and no doubt whine about some stuff they don't fully understand, let me be clear: the last part concerns paper zombie, NOT Traya….tx! >:)
    Post edited by Peperlu on
  • Ghostrider1982
    204 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Peperlu wrote: »
    I'm all for it. Being able to solo Nihilus in itself is beyond ridiculous. It's a Sith Lord ffs…

    Nerfing the Crytolite had to be done. Taking care of the low lvl zombie too. Giving ppl the possibility to abuse of this (lowbie zombie) while ppl in a fair game spirit mindset can't, simply because they leveled him normally like other toons, was quite **** in the first place. Solution is quite simple tho...we have to be 7 * to get in the heroic raid, make it minimum G9-10 too and problem's solved.

    All in all, this had to be done. The raid is only 3-4 months old, c'mon. Allowing lower guilds to easily overcome P4 with that **** tactic would have simply lowered Traya's value. Let them sweat a lil bit over it like we all did… isn't this suppose to be a guild effort? Yeah. A "one man army" phase needing only a single player? Nope.

    Peperlu i'm guessing you are in a guild that easily beats HSR or in one that isn't anywhere close so it's easy for you to say this, also I'm guessing you haven't been in P3 or P4 as of late because what they did is break it completely, after 20 stacks nothing works that affects health at all and Daka's revive only revives 1.
  • @EA_Cian lets face it "there's room for criticism and frustration" when things dont work the way you want them to, changes are needed "but it needs to be civil, and appropriate"
    Maybe next time think about it.
    Ps. Nothing personal towards you or your fellow CG's
  • If this is the company motto about preventing stuff like this then where is the nerf to Wampa for HAAT and P2 and also to Chex Mix or Greedo Mix in P3....might as well nerf it all and when the dust settles you'll have some whales left that didn't need to do any of this to beat it normally but they do because they are bored and want to post videos...
  • Ravens1113
    3438 posts Member
    Peperlu wrote: »
    I'm all for it. Being able to solo Nihilus in itself is beyond ridiculous. It's a Sith Lord ffs…

    Nerfing the Crytolite had to be done. Taking care of the low lvl zombie too. Giving ppl the possibility to abuse of this (lowbie zombie) while ppl in a fair game spirit mindset can't, simply because they leveled him normally like other toons, was quite **** in the first place. Solution is quite simple tho...we have to be 7 * to get in the heroic raid, make it minimum G9-10 too and problem's solved.

    All in all, this had to be done. The raid is only 3-4 months old, c'mon. Allowing lower guilds to easily overcome P4 with that **** tactic would have simply lowered Traya's value. Let them sweat a lil bit over it like we all did… isn't this suppose to be a guild effort? Yeah. A "one man army" phase needing only a single player? Nope.

    The very first positive post. But it misses the point.
    The isolate loop did need a fix. Clearing 1.3 phases could be seen as too much at this stage. Understandable. Fix the isolate mechanic or make NA unable to get Health Steal Up. Fixes the problem.
    The issue is their “tested” fix nerfed an entire faction in the raid, causing zeta’s to be wasted. It also hindered the abilities of other factions as well like Phoenix and also burned Visa’s revive. Not only that but healing overall is broken once bonds gets to 20. And there’s silence about the whole
    Thing. That’s the issue.
  • I've just spoke to a ea support worker and he said people should voice there concerns in here as strongly as possible so that the developer's have to notice and take action.

    So could whoever is removing messages stop doing it, because you are going against the ea customer support. People are encouraged to voice their anger here.

    This is true. I've seen several screenshots and experienced it myself--the support staff advise people to come to the forum and voice their opinions as strongly as possible and get the attention of as many devs as possible.
  • Hi guys —
    This isn’t another angry post. I understand if you have to nerf the NS. That is completely within your purview if the game isn’t designed the way you’d like it to be. Is there any recourse for someone who has spent 4 zetas and massive amounts of gear on that team though? I had truly thought this was a legitimate team that would not get nerfed (no infinite loop), so it really stinks when I’ve let me built this team up and spent real money on gear for them and then it gets changed after the fact. I was wondering if it was possible to just reset our NS characters to level one with no gear and restore the resources to my inventory. I do believe legally has to be soft fraud (misrepresentation of existing fact that causes one party to act and suffer damages), and I know that wasn’t your intention so I would appreciate it if you could help out with this.
    Thank you!
  • Vengence
    960 posts Member
    But the rules people!! THE RULES
  • Gotta make sure the game team comes in on Monday and doesn't have a clue that they broke something and think everything is rainbows and sunshine and then they'll figure it out on their own and say "oops sorry about that" heres 200 crystals...
This discussion has been closed.