Bonds of Weakness Change Followup (MEGA)

Replies

• Vengence
    1102 posts Member
    Are you guys serious!?!? I can’t even. Find another way to fix the critolyte!! Make this right!! And the next time there is an issue like this don’t rush to fix it!

To review
    1) A player theory crafted a team you didn’t think of That affected less than 1% of your games population

2) You hastily released a bugged fix for this affecting 100% of your games population

3) The player base got upset due to this

4) you are going to make this better but Un-Zetaing 100% of the Games Daka’s

Because a 7* Traya team can solo phase 3 and DN in phase 4?

Does this make logical sense?

Please find another way to fix the critolyte team that doesn’t nerf the other teams for HSith
  • Maybe you wan t thank you for the Zeta back ?
    And what about the 6 month for up the NS the Gear G12, do you know how much Time and énergy you need for up 5 toons in 7* ??
    I think , i don t need nothing from you , today you give something and tomorrow you take back...
    Put the stacks at 40 , and we can have a little fun with NS it is the minimum , i don t need nothing Zeta back after 6 month of farming
    That Game take a lot of Time but i like it , i play for 2 years but i if you don t change about the problème of NS , some players stop the Game ( i m one of them) the NS are the best funny team for me in P4 and it is not so easy to play .
    Thank s for nothing .
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    Essentially we hear you are frustrated, which makes us frustrated that you are frustrated. The frustrating fix we planned makes us less frustrated, so by that logic you "should" be less frustrated.
  • Shadrok
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If Daka players are getting a zeta refund, I think I should get one too for yoda lead. I thought it was a good choice but then bastilla gets fixed and now it’s next to useless. It’s a choice I made in good faith like Daka players did, and if they are getting a refund I don’t see why I shouldn’t as well for yoda lead.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Hi @CG_TopHat,

Like many suggested why not just introduce a limitation to Bond of Weakness similar to how Thrawn's fracture is scaled down vs a raid boss? That seems like the fairest thing to do yet you refuse to even acknowledge it. It seems like you are ready to break the game for everyone but the small amount of player that has 7-starred Traya. That shows a total lack of respect (I'm being extra super polite here...) for what makes, by far, the largest part of your community. As far I'm concerned, you've lost my confidence, I'll keep playing the game but this will have an impact on my investment into the game, that is for sure.

Regards
  • Maybe next time wait till Monday to deploy such a critical update to the game? @CG_TopHat . It seems to be CG's MO that you guys ALWAYS release these types of updates on a Friday and then you guys run off for 2 days.
  • Author
    24 posts Member
    DESIGN REMORSE

It's not something you lump in and address at the same time as you fix an issue. You fix the issue with PRECISION. If you have DESIGN REMORSE, you generally hold onto it.

You definitely do not make changes months later after your player base has invested in a team (money, in game resources, time, blood, sweat, tears (no really, the raid isn't even good--blood [i punched a wall once due to Chex Mix RNG]), and hours and hours of time researching, learning through repetition, etc. to make a team successful.

And while you might not like that the paper zombie is a thing, it is contrary to your design goals, you left in the game for almost 10 months allowing an incredibly high % of players to build it that way.

It's incredibly poor form on your part to take out DESIGN REMORSE on your playerbase lumped in, three changes all in reaction to something else. This is not an appropriate trigger for this action of taking a sledgehammer to your game.

Next time around startout not breaking teams for your raid puzzle design. Let dots land. make certain bosses % defense to dots higher, but don't break the team. Let tenacity down land, but make the things that land have decreasing effectiveness buffs. I'm not saying let all teams do the big damage, i'm saying let various teams still able to do a 100k or 200k or something, don't totally break the team and create an RNG retreat fest like you did this time, it's insanity. and curb your DESIGN REMORSE and how you behave toward your community who is paying your salaries!
  • Kenbo
    52 posts Member
    Is it possible you provide a list of teams that you want us to use in each phase and also damage amounts we can’t exceed and also what gear level each of those characters should be so I can work on said teams without worrying about wasting my time and resources, thanks. Dreading the release of mods 2.0 XD
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    So they are willing to work on the weekend to nerf a team that benefits players, but not fix a bug they created that hurts players. This is what makes everyone get so angry.

This SO MUCH!

#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Krysath
    10 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Oh joy. Another team that people have been working on to try and build up to actually taking down hSTR completely scattered to the wind (Ventress led P4 Nightsisters). The recompense? 'If you've spent one specific zeta on it, we'll refund you that zeta to re-invest'. No word on the amount of energy spent on shards or crystals spent on gear or anything of the like.

What did it take to warrant this sledgehammer? A team which requires a 7* Traya, you know, the hSTR reward. Which we totally all have. Way to go making sure that everyone who still hasn't taken down hSTR now has to spend even longer trying to find and gear up different teams to do so. Thanks CG, you've taken a raid which was already a time sink and was already the enemy of fun and made it completely anti fun. Good Job!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    "One of the dominant strategies", or whatever is garbage. If their effectiveness has been reduced by .000001% then you can go stuff your lies, and excuses. Nerf Isolate, and leave Nightsisters/BoW alone completely. You're robbing people who have been working on them for months.

By the way, you're seriously going to refund Daka's Zeta, and not both of Ventress's?!? Her lead was most severely impacted by your thinly veiled nerf. Thanks for the giant middle finger.
  • @CG_Carrie how does it make you feel that the largest, most significant new game mode of 2018 has been such a failure? The vast majority of players of this game prefer that it simply hadn’t been introduced. It isn’t fun. It’s now a large part of the game, and it isn’t even fun.

To make matters worse, your team keeps dropping the ball, left and right, when addressing all of these issues related to the Sith Raid. Seriously, how does it make you feel? Must be like a punch to the gut to put in so much work only to realize that you probably shouldn’t have even added it to the game. But, we’d all be much happier if you hadn’t. Nothing but 5 months of straight frustration here on the forums, and over on Reddit.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Kenbo wrote: »
    Dreading the release of mods 2.0 XD
    Right now I'm not wondering if it will break the game, I just wonder to what extent the game will be broken... Confidence level is so low at the moment :-/
  • Drizzlies wrote: »
    Hope you saved some bazooka ammo for the next time you need to kill a fly. Actually, a more apt comparison would be pointing the bazooka at the ground and firing... you happened to get the bug, but you also blew off your feet and broke a lot of other stuff. Maybe wait next time instead of patching while y’all have one foot out the door for the weekend?

Given how few 7* Trayas there are out there, would letting this go over the weekend (with a clear message that you’re going to fix this exploit) have been so bad?

I guess not, but you couldn’t have forseen that. /s

This guy gets it
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    What happened with Bastila?
  • Bastila got “fixed”?
  • Stilgar
    20 posts Member
    Lol. They had no choice but to rush a fix for a very small problem?
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    eck6uugcch7z.jpeg
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    So if this affects Daka's Zeta, doesn't it also affect Ventress' zetas?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • U guys are hopelessly afraid that the whole community will now have access to traya because those with 7* trayas can finally carry HSR.

Seems like once someone outsmarts you, u have to inflict a nerf on something. Way to go.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, how can I put this. It is personally frustrating for you, is it? There are people who actually BOUGHT the NSs when they were p2p. It wasn't a problem for them to be OP when they were marquees, huh? And there are also people who have spent months and tons of resources on their farming and gearing. It's frustrating for you, huh, little star?

*NSs are p2p and ridiculously OP. They are flooding the arenas because a lot of teams basically can't beat them. People complain on a daily basis for them and the paper zombie strategy.
    Devs: "even if it's a tricky strategy, it still is a strategy and it has counters... And I can't hear you anyway blah blah blah"
    *doesn't absolutely mention this "characters progression principle" mentioned by the players complaining for zombie

*NSs are now free and they're helping a lot of little f2p guilds to nail it.
    Devs: "whoops, I happened to realise that these toons are OP exactly when the majority of players have completed their farming after they got out of the paywall, lemme fix this. And it's absolutely wrong to rely on a character the weaker the better (after months of players yelling this and being ignored or even censored)"

I fear you'll have to ban for life some players, because I think you'll get some total refund requests via Google after this. Without mentioning all the whales which are fed up of wasting money. Even the ones which don't care about how much money they waste on you will get tired of being mocked someday, and they will become a fat "-" on your balance sheet.
  • MTSea
    11 posts Member
    You're telling me you're using the slight amount of data you have since this "fix" was put into place to justify leaving it? Seriously? I've said it once, I'll say it again: If a raid continually requires you to nerf toons, it's not the toons that are broken, it's the raid itself.
  • Iason00
    10 posts Member
    Why not just say in the raid NS can't pair with Sith as Darksiders rivalry.
  • There appears to be a problem at CG headquarters

giphy.gif
  • Fixing zombie's revive only NOW??? When it came out it was already broken, but now that it works well in a raid u just keep nerfing it? Goddamn.
  • Love SW, and loved this game, but getting ready to uninstall this .... Thank you for the middle finger once again CG ;)
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    So if this affects Daka's Zeta, doesn't it also affect Ventress' zetas?
    I’d like to know the answer to this as well.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • KenLi
    55 posts Member
    Frustrating. Lol. We told you this would happen before the 'fix' was even rolled out. Again, 2+ years of 'fixes' breaking something. You didn't listen.
This discussion has been closed.