Bonds of Weakness Change Followup (MEGA)

Replies

• BalecGonJinn
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So those of us who have not Zeta’d Daka, but love our NSis for other uses and who are in a guild that can barely beat Tier 4 will get our characters messed with, again, because of the very small number of people who have 7* Traya.

I don’t do Paper Zombie. Mine is G10 and works wonderfully to allow my other sisters to stay alive and win in arena.

Don’t kick my Ford Pinto because your Lamborghini goes too fast and you don’t like it.
  • Returning zetas is not enough. How about returning to work on Sunday fixing what you broke and awarding everyone what they should have gotten for competing in the Sith raid since it was released. Try reading what thousands have been writing
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    More kitten from this company. I want all my gear and zetas back from NS's..they are nothing if not viable in the Sith Raid.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Ariella
    219 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Sorry for the long post but this is intended to be constructive so please if it’s in the wrong place, move rather than delete.

So, it can come as no surprise that there’s a lot of frustration over the changes. After ST Han, Clones/Baze and Expose adjustments, the change to Bonds will count as the 4th nerf the Sith raid has seen, amongst controversy over raid rewards too.
    It is presumably a source of embarrassment to the CG team that you have failed to understand, test or predict the consequences of your own game mechanics.

I believe most sound minded players will accept the need to implement a nerf to the Criolyte team. Sure there’d have been a bit of push back, but, it would have been accepted.
    The Bonds cap, and the consequences of that change, are a little disappointing but I at least accept that NS will still achieve high scores.
    I feel there could have been an easier nerf to how Isolate works against raid bosses which was less targeted at the NS faction but there we go.

Personally I hope the bonds cap can be doubled to 40. This gives us a great reason to keep that Daka Zeta. Do you really want players feeling like a Zeta has no function? Because honestly, at 20 stacks, no-one will bother with it. Yes, NS will still score highly, maybe more so than you might like, but that ship sailed so long ago and people have had no reason to believe the more traditional Asajj,MT,Daka,Talia,Zombie team would be nerfed - and have invested accordingly.

The fallout is that a lot of players have invested a lot of time, gear, zetas etc not just in Daka, but the entire faction. I doubt many people would have geared up Talia if not for the mechanics which facilitated such high scores.

Anyway, we are where we are and there are Zombie changes coming.
    I have been a beneficiary of the ‘weak’ zombie approach (mine is G8), and I accept that it isn’t ideal to disincentives upgrading her (no matter how inventive the concept of a paper zombie was) and actually for those players who upgraded her before realising the potential of a paper zombie, they’re kind of stuck with a less than optimal one now.

I only hope that this isn’t rushed through and that you throw us a bit of a bone and add some further utility to her.

The very best way I can imagine incentivising people to gear up their zombies is to offer some NS ally bonuses while Zombie is taunting.
    This encourages us to gear her up so that she doesn’t die quite so easily.
    I have ideas but I am sure there are better ones.
    If I had the opportunity I’d add to her Unique description:
    “While taunting, NS allies are immune to ‘something’ and gain x% bonus Offense”
    That ‘something’ might be Daze, it might be turn meter reduction, or perhaps something radical like Zombie absorbs any debuffs applies to NS allies while taunting.
    I suspect that the nerf to Zombie will involve actually nerfing Asajj, so that she can’t be powered up quite so highly by Zombie deaths. Perhaps there’ll be a cap on how many times she can benefit from - single character’s death (maybe change it to 20% per death but only 5 times per character?) or just a hard cap in general so she can never go above a certain % offence.
    So the bonus Offense to all NS allies while zombie is taunting again gives everyone on the team a bit of love and gives another reason to gear her up.
    These are just musings, frankly they sound Zeta-worthy so they’re probably too big an ask but this nerf could well be faction-breaking and I’d rather see it saved than lost.

Please consider ideas from the community on this, don’t can the faction just because you didn’t like the paper zombie or failed to predict player behaviour/ingenuity. If you’d nerfed zombie within days of her release we’d have long since forgotten about the paper approach (if ever even conceived of it) but the community have come to accept it as normal now and put significant investment into the faction, so please be fair about this!

Also on a very off-topic point, but on the note of fairness, isn’t it about time the HAAT raid had junk removed from the loot table? I’m sure some raid gear upgrades were promised months ago! Now would be a very good time to throw some love out there!
    Post edited by Ariella on
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Returning zetas is not enough. How about returning to work on Sunday fixing what you broke and awarding everyone what they should have gotten for competing in the Sith raid since it was released. Try reading what thousands have been writing

This. In any other company if you introduce something that is broken, you fix it or pull it back until it can be fixed but they couldn't have Nightsisters outperforming their performance charts numbers over the weekend
  • Spent some time on call with EA support suggest everyone else give them a call. Enough people call and the rep told me it gets escalated. We need to stop taking this crap and just bend over every time.
  • You will get the zeta back for Daka unique, but I honestly didnt see any mention of the Omegas in the zeta
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    You will get the zeta back for Daka unique, but I honestly didnt see any mention of the Omegas in the zeta

I feel like omegas are even harder than zetas lately
  • Wow. Just got back from vacation and was set to buy a $50 crystal pack (like so many others this game has profited off me for nearly two years), but reading about this mess and discussing it with my guild, I think this has me throwing in the towel as a P2P player. I’m definitely cutting off all spending for the short term and until at least the dust settles following this abysmal mess of a response. As so many others have noted, its not just the Daka zeta (which I don’t own), it’s the cost to gear and zeta the rest of the NS. I’m not putting a zeta on Asajj’s lead if not for the raid.

EA shows no regard for its player base, and if and when the demise of this game eventually occurs, it won’t be because the game isn’t fun, it’s because the developers will end up choking on their greed - which clearly has no bounds.
  • This is not the first time you are nerfing a char just because you brought new content and did not think about how that char is working in your new content and you don't like it.

By nerfing the nightsisters you are now definatly crossing a line. I invested quite a lot of money to this fraction because I liked how they work. I see something you offer - I like it and I am investing my money to it.... and then after a while you take it away.
    It is like buying a car and after a year you change it so that it can only drive half as fast because you dont like that i can drive fast. Even though you told me before I CAN drive fast.

In fact it feels like you stole my money. Be asured I will from now on not put even a penny to your game and coninue as f2p.

Congrats and thanks for this

P.S... The messed up balancing in the TW that should be fixed is just ignored instead
  • I am all for the change. Nightsisters have been so dominant that the 4-5 people who manage to get their NS run in during p4 are guaranteed top 10 spots. It hurt the group dynamic of a guild. Nightsisters are still working very well after the nerf, and are honestly still the dominant p4 team. Members of my guild are still putting up 5-6 million damage from a single run (and that’s with them missing the end of p3 to start their run). Still very good damage, but more in line with what the dominant teams are able to do in other phases (significantly higher, actually). I don’t see this invalidating the time and money that people have put into their Nightsister squads. Of course, the changes to zombie have yet to occur. I think this is the best fix to a game mechanics issue that I have seen from CG. Bravo, guys. You did very well on this one.
  • Here's the best bit, the guys that now have a 7* Traya also now get a zeta back to spend elsewhere having used it to get Traya.

You're a joke CG.
  • moicano
    25 posts Member
    I spent time, resources and crystals on Ns team. Now they are useless for hsr. You give me only a zeta as refund??? I want back my time, resources and crystals. Take your awful heroic sith raid. I am bored of you and of your tricks
  • Maath
    3 posts Member
    Dont write here, write to Disney...

• Ruzhy6
    14 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I’d also like MT unique zeta back. If the team wasn’t suppose to perform as they have been for half a year now, I wouldn’t have put a zeta into MT.

Also CG, can you tell us of any other teams that are ‘on the borderline’ of what you consider to be too successful in STR? I would like to know now rather than after investing in them. Just in case some unintended mechanic pops up in a separate team leads you to just fully nerf all related teams. Is ‘Chex Mix’ safe? What about ‘Kenobi Swamp’?

Actually, why don’t you just make a list of teams that are acceptable for STR so we can just get those.
  • ohgreatitsryan
    53 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
    Post edited by ohgreatitsryan on
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • LelandBishop
    24 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Everything here has been spot on. On a side (but I think related) note: Has anyone been noticing how just beat down the tone of Gamechanger videos are these days? I think it says a LOT about the state of the game if even they are starting to get frustrated. I recently uninstalled Strike Force for LOOKING like it was going to go down the SWGOH path and frankly my interest in this game is waning hard... but I've put a lot of time into it. One of the things that keeps players involved is some since of accomplishment... that's game theory 101. How long since this game has offered anything like a feeling that you've hit a milestone or a new level of play? Making progress in a raid is one of those things. OF COURSE infinite loops are bad. But there were SO many other ways of handling it.
  • It is not just the Pack.... I bought a lot of crystals to get Zombie and Talzin up because I loved how the nightsisters work and this is (not only but mainly) because of how the zombie works.
    A lot of time and money went into gear for the whole fraction.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Xcrit9 wrote: »
    1. When are we getting our money back for nightsister zombie.since I bought the 9.99 pack
    2. When am I getting my money back for the Crystal's I bought to level her up?
    3. When are we getting back our zeta mats and omegas for old daka back?
    Now I know some of you are going to say well you shouldn't of spent money if you wanted it back. Well I spent money on a hero with the belief that this is how it works and for them to change it after months of it being ok is FRAUDULENT advertising and need to give the money back to the people

If this was a recent purchase, you can try to contact customer support for the store you bought the pack from. Otherwise, still try to contact to see if they can refund you the money. You can explain the situation to them.

Would recommend those who believe the same to do the same. Best of luck!

• AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Who cares that people can auto one part of a raid after they have traya at 7☆? Those same people have already spent many hours trying to maximize damage during all the raids that they completed to get traya maxxed. Being able to auto part of the raid would be a nice reward for the time they invested previously.

Edit: I spoke too quickly on this. I can see eliminating the infinite loop, but not the way it was done. Although, being able to solo the rancor on auto isnt much different imo.

I am dissappointed in the person that makes these decisions, not the dev team as a whole. It would be great if they could be replaced.
    Post edited by AnonymousMeh on
  • Why don't they just remove Acolyte from participating in the raid altogether? easy fix until Monday no need to nerf a team that I have been spending months to acquire
  • if you read only one post read the one by @Arielle

Stop making knee **** decisions that so far over the top there just not funny, stop talking and get some team decisions made on monday for the way forward, Stop, think, discuss, decide, fix rather that panic, decide and apply the wrong fix with a sledge hammer in super quick time.

I did have to laugh though regarding your phrase about not providing the polish that we expect, apologies but nothing has come across as being polished prior to release for a long time, certainly not one thing that i can think of

And talking about the sith raid please remember “you cant polish a ****,only flush it”.

• Clash2Far wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    So if this affects Daka's Zeta, doesn't it also affect Ventress' zetas?
    I’d like to know the answer to this as well.

Yeah I double zeta'd Asajj (that is my tag on reddit too, an advertisement to double zeta asajj ventress)
    And the only reason I did that was to participate in an STR P3 or P4 team... I didn't touch my daka but I (and most of my guild) has farmed Nightsisters just for the sith raid.

Now, I've lost some of my guild mates who stated in discord that they were leaving for "These stupid Game Makers (CG/EA). Just 7 months ago we were a 49/50 guild, hyped for the sith raid. Since the release, we are now at 25 people (avg GP of 2.5M), with 10 active raid members. You've successfully Killed the "spirit" of the game by introducing a raid that has caused problem after problem.

I would say that leaving a raid-breaking mechanic that is due to the raid reward character is fine to all of the player base. The EXACT same thing happened with the Pit raid. CLS can can "SOLO" the raid with Han Solo. Acolyte can solo a single phase and 1/3rd of another (big whoop, nobody cares) with Asajj Zeta lead and Acolyte. To me it seems the team needs more setup and more investment in it than any, given it requires a 7* RAID REWARD TOON, Which less than 1% of the player base has access to right now. Honestly, no fix required but you decided to ruin healing in 2 phases of the raid for many teams for 100% of the player base.

Bad move. I went F2P right after JTR, and I am so glad I did. I'm not spending another dime into this mobile game.
    ITS TIS A TRAP!
  • The trouble is the exploit was by a guild who had 7*ed Traye.

She dominates PVP and free crystals

If you had nurfed her Isolate against raid bosses then the guilds trying to get her would not have been unfairly prevented/delayed from her obtaining her shards.

The actual exploit was by guilds that had already 7*ed her. The nurf you have put in has significantly entrenched the advantage these guilds (the ones using the exploit) as it slows down all other guilds trying to get her.

If you had nurfed her isolate against raid boss, at least other guilds could have caught up.

As is we have been planning for months to start HSTR, and building and gearing the squads needed.

This nurf has set those plans back months and many who have been building NS squads explicitly for HSTR (without the 7* Trayer exploit) have had this work invalidated. And now must push our plans to attempt HSTR possibly out additional months.

Basically CGs response has rewarded those who posted the exploite by making it harder for their competitors to obtain Trayer shards for PVP and the crystals that result.
  • so glad that I have only ever spend $9.98 on this game with the starter packs
  • Nightsister Zombie works fine the way she is... changes to her would hurt gamers ability to perform in the raid and send a message that SWGOH doesn't want players to succeed in the raid... Darth Traya is a different story. She is way overpowered and could be adjusted. Thanks.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Not enough. Revert this stupid change, listen to us, rethink, and then properly reimplement.
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    How many times you think an apology like that is enough?You do this every single time there is a change coming in. That post is meaningless, you should really think about deleting yourselfs instead of posts and topics.
    How does one delete oneself?
This discussion has been closed.