Dengar is the August login character?

Prev13
Roken_Fett
1293 posts Member
Word on the street is the bounty hunter known as Dengar will be the August login toon.

I haven't seen anything official on these here forums, but Reddit says so.

Wonder what this means? Rework to Cad and Zam? Or....JANGO?!!!
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• I'm thinking we'll see the punishing one and the hound's tooth.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    I'm thinking we'll see the punishing one and the hound's tooth.

Those are a definite possibility given their push on ships. Plus we just got a double drop weekend for flee battles to build up resources.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    STH nerf?
  • Somebody in my guild said it would be Zombie or Acolyte. LMAO
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »

I haven't seen anything official on these here forums, but Reddit says so.

Considering that the devs seem more interested in posting on reddit these days, a post there could almost be considered more official than one here
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Do login characters always mean something is going to be reworked? We had HK this past month and I don’t see any droid or separatist rework happening. Yet.

I hope they finish the Bounty Hunters. Leaving Zam and Cad Bane out of the original rework seems lazy and incomplete.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Do login characters always mean something is going to be reworked? We had HK this past month and I don’t see any droid or separatist rework happening. Yet.

I hope they finish the Bounty Hunters. Leaving Zam and Cad Bane out of the original rework seems lazy and incomplete.

O_o HK was never a separatist, but he was Revan’s companion as was Bastila, Jolie, Mission and Zaalbar. Are you sure you are not missed anything?
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Well that makes sense since I know jack squat about KOTOR.
  • Would rather urorrrrrrrrrororororor or kit fisto

At least a low % of players have it at 7* despite it being a launch toon
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Would rather urorrrrrrrrrororororor or kit fisto

At least a low % of players have it at 7* despite it being a launch toon

Actually I would rather it be Kit Fisto. He is the last original character left for me to grind out lol.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »

Well HK is actually a KOTOR character so I would suspect they may move him there soon.

It seems like a good hint but definitely not always. It would be strange to go back to bounty hunters...why not just release more a few months ago when Boosk came out and Greedo was toon of the month? Maybe they weren’t ready and the Solo release delayed it a few months.
  • I just got dengar to 7* like 2 weeks ago -_- lol
  • It is Dengar:

bphyxgi3155t.png

I hope Jango Fett is inbound.

https://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/swgoh-resources/swgoh-events-calendar/

August 2018 SWGoH Events
    Omega – Ewok and Empire
    Runs: July 29th

OMEGA BATTLE – REBELS AND GEONOSIANS
    Runs Only On: August 1st

ASSAULT BATTLE – REBEL ROUNDUP
    Starts: August 2nd
    Ends: August 3rd

FLEET MASTERY – HOME ONE
    Runs Only On: August 4th

OMEGA BATTLE – JEDI AND TUSKENS
    Runs Only On: August 5th

GHOSTS OF DATHOMIR
    Starts: August 6th
    Ends August 7th

ASSAULT BATTLE – MILITARY MIGHT
    Starts: August 7th
    Ends: August 8th

TERRITORY WARS
    Preview Phase Begins: August 7th

LEGENDARY – GRANDMASTER’S TRAINING
    Starts: August 9th
    Ends: August 15th

OMEGA BATTLE – NIGHTSISTERS AND JAWAS
    Runs Only On: August 10th

MYTHIC – GRANDMASTER’S TRAINING
    Starts: August 11th
    Ends: August 12th

TERRITORY WARS
    Preview Phase Begins: August 11th

OMEGA BATTLE – SITH AND DROIDS
    Runs Only On: August 13th

TERRITORY BATTLES: Imperial Retaliation
    Starts: August 13th
    Ends: August 18th

ASSAULT BATTLE – FOREST MOON
    Starts: August 15th
    Ends: August 16th

OMEGA BATTLE – EWOKS AND EMPIRE
    Runs Only On: August 16th

FLEET MASTERY – EXECUTRIX
    Runs Only On: August 16th

DEFENSE OF DATHOMIR
    Starts: August 17th
    Ends: August 18th

OMEGA BATTLE – FIRST ORDER AND SCOUNDRELS
    Runs Only On: August 17th

ASSAULT BATTLE – PLACES OF POWER
    Starts: August 18th
    Ends: August 19th

OMEGA BATTLE – RESISTANCE AND CLONES
    Runs Only On: August 20th

ASSAULT BATTLE – SECRETS AND SHADOWS
    Starts: August 21st
    Ends: August 22nd

TERRITORY WARS
    Preview Phase Begins: August 21st

LEGENDARY – PIECES AND PLANS
    Starts: August 23rd
    Ends: August 29th

MYTHIC – PIECES AND PLANS
    Starts: August 25th
    Ends: August 26th

TERRITORY WARS
    Preview Phase Begins: August 25th

SHIPS STARTER EVENT
    Runs Only On: August 26th

TERRITORY BATTLES: Rebel Assault
    Starts: August 27th
    Ends: September 1st

ENDOR ESCALATION
    Runs Only On: August 28th

ASSAULT BATTLE – GROUND WAR
    Starts: August 30th
    Ends: August 31st

FLEET MASTERY – ENDURANCE
    Runs Only On: August 31st

• I could see it being along the lines of what OP said. Rework the remaining BH, introduce a few new ones (Embo, Zuckuss, 4-LOM...) and a few BH ships.
  • Hmm BB8 returning on the 23rd. I am kinda hoping JTR isn't coming back then. Just got my vets to 6* if JTR comes back on the 23rd it is gonna be real close on whether or not I can get them to 7* by then.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    I was thinking the same thing. I hope this BB8 run is more like the R2 run back in May where he didn't come with CLS. But that was the anniversary of R2. BB8's wouldn't be until September.

So expect to get JTR in August, I would guess.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    It is Dengar:

bphyxgi3155t.png

I, as well, hope for this.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Hmm BB8 returning on the 23rd. I am kinda hoping JTR isn't coming back then. Just got my vets to 6* if JTR comes back on the 23rd it is gonna be real close on whether or not I can get them to 7* by then.

They said hero journeys will only return every 3-4 month, it's only been one since JTR was back. Neither her nor CLS should be back this time.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Ephran wrote: »
    Hmm BB8 returning on the 23rd. I am kinda hoping JTR isn't coming back then. Just got my vets to 6* if JTR comes back on the 23rd it is gonna be real close on whether or not I can get them to 7* by then.

They said hero journeys will only return every 3-4 month, it's only been one since JTR was back. Neither her nor CLS should be back this time.

As of Aug. 23rd it will have been about two and a half months. Early but meets the 3 month requirement if you round to the nearest month :p
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    It is Dengar:

bphyxgi3155t.png

Would make sense. ESP since Bossk was released. Just speculating on who will be required if it is jango. While Zam would make more sense I’m guessing the reworked Bh + Bossk to make it more exclusive??
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    It is Dengar:

bphyxgi3155t.png

I think that goes without saying. :D;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    I wonder the possibility of doing a Jango Fett Legendary event similar to Yoda. Yoda is the only one who uses same faction, so perhaps Jango could be similar using bounty hunters. There is a week hole in the calender for August between Yoda and BB8.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    They're taking back August!!

For realz this time!! :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

I wouldn’t consider it lazy and incomplete that they were left out; they are different era toons, and they announced only reworking OG BH.

On more bounty hunter stuff this month, I think they weren’t sloppy or pushed back, I’m guessing they gave us time to get used to contracts and upgrade Bossk. Now, they can release new toons, such as Jango. Another opportunity here is adding more ships. Many more ships.
  • Boofpoof
    318 posts Member
    Who gives a kitten of what the login toon is this month. There are much bigger issues to deal with from the kitchen fire started Friday afternoon
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Boofpoof wrote: »
    Who gives a kitten of what the login toon is this month. There are much bigger issues to deal with from the kitchen fire started Friday afternoon

Yes, and those are being addressed elsewhere. In many topics they won't read or give feedback on.

This will be a nice break until they announce the latest panic farm.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    More bounty hunters? Ugh, yes please. Here's to hoping
    gprd3635z7v3.gif
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    More bounty hunters? Ugh, yes please. Here's to hoping
    gprd3635z7v3.gif

More 400 stun cuffs and carbanti farm? No, thank you :/
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. I hope this BB8 run is more like the R2 run back in May where he didn't come with CLS. But that was the anniversary of R2. BB8's wouldn't be until September.

So expect to get JTR in August, I would guess.

I hope so.. I already made vets 7 star and can give zeta on Inspirational Presence immediately.