Next JTR event?

Prev1
Does anyone know the pattern for this event? Hoping it’s sometime soon, just finished my vets finally.

Replies

• JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    September-october.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    sirmatt101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the pattern for this event? Hoping it’s sometime soon, just finished my vets finally.

Anyone who tells you a pattern is guessing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    If you're done the vets then just sit back, relax, and farm things you actually wanted to instead.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    sirmatt101 wrote: »

Anyone who tells you a pattern is guessing.

This.

Just try to be ready as soon as you can and then get ready to make a new plan.
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    Hero’s Journeys
    Similar to Legendaries and Mythics, we have a concept of a New and Legacy Hero’s Journey.
    The first two runs of a Hero’s Journey we consider New and will give at least a week’s notice before their launch.
    Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums.

From the devs themselves.

So unless tvf and kyno think that trust the devs will follow their own officially stated schedule is guessing (many on those forums will argue it is), there is no guessing. JTR will be back in september-october.
  • TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    swgohevents.com tacks events

Best thing we can do is look at the past and guess based on what has occurred.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    JohnAran wrote: »
    Hero’s Journeys
    Similar to Legendaries and Mythics, we have a concept of a New and Legacy Hero’s Journey.
    The first two runs of a Hero’s Journey we consider New and will give at least a week’s notice before their launch.
    Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums.

So unless tvf and kyno think that trust the devs will follow their own officially stated schedule is guessing (many on those forums will argue it is), there is no guessing. JTR will be back in september-october.

Until they change their minds. Which they do all the time. Including JTR previously.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Hero’s Journeys

Until they change their minds. Which they do all the time. Including JTR previously.

True. Which is why kyno’s advice is indeed the way to go imo.
  • Don't worry, they are gonna bring back the RJT event early this time and screw all the people that are currently farming the vets with the though that she'll be back in the standard 90 day cycle.
  • The later the better I hope. I'm getting to the final stretch on Vet Chewie who is almost 6* 1 more month i'll be done at the rate I'm getting his shards and my last two First Order characters at 6* now, along with Finn who i need to 7* too.

I should be ready to go if it comes September. I just hope as Gambrinus above has said, they don't screw us by releasing her event well ahead of schedule.
  • Well BB8 is coming Aug. 23rd so I would operate under the assumption that she is coming then.
  • The pattern APPEARS to be based on CG/EAs fiscal quarters, roughly every third month. March/ June/ September/ December.But that could change at any time.
  • Hope she returns, I have vets at 7*!
  • Last time was June 14th. If they hold any pattern it would be roughly 90 days, but don’t count on that.
  • Did they not say a 3-4 month rotation on such an event? If that's the case and it does come back with BB8, then they are a half month early at the minimum. Let's hope that BB8 is running solo this time and both events will return say beginning of October. At least that's what I'm hoping.....
  • Rydia131 wrote: »
    Did they not say a 3-4 month rotation on such an event? If that's the case and it does come back with BB8, then they are a half month early at the minimum. Let's hope that BB8 is running solo this time and both events will return say beginning of October. At least that's what I'm hoping.....

That is what they said. Its only been 48 days since she last came out. I really hope they're not going to screw us over by releasing her weeks earlier than she's supposed to be.
    I'll probably be ready for BB8 but i'm on the last 130 shards i need on Veteran Chewie and final 100 for Finn. I'm going to have to farm very hard in order to be ready in time which is why i'm praying that BB8 is coming solo like R2 does.
  • september.
  • the Vets take about 4 to 5 months to farm (6 without crystal refresh) so there is a chance you will miss one or 2 events before you get her, and she will be a year old in 4 months.
  • I hope your right Moose! If they give me until mid September I should be good to go and I am almost positive that they care about whether I am ready or not...
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Hero’s Journeys

Haha yeah, it's nice you still have faith in things like this, but there's a reason they said [>roughly<] 3 to 4 months. They don't ever want to be tied to their own word, and that makes nice little loopholes to have it come in 2-5 months and not be a big deal.

BB8 is coming at the end of this month, I would be ready by then. Odds are good that JTR runs either simultaneously, or in the week following.
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Every one usually wants the bare minimum gear lvl especially since the vets are not used a lot outside of needing them for rey. I think they are good and are worth upgrading. I know not many would agree with me, but either way. you have plenty of time to gear them, mod them and get them ready for rey when she returns. the higher the gear lvl the better imo as it will make it easier for you.

I use the vets as part of a solo/chewy team for TW mainly and they help.

The problem tier imo was tier 5 and you need finn, scav rey, and vet chewy for that one. the rest were fairly easy. especially the last two tiers I thought would be harder than 5 but were not.

• Here is my cynical guess, the devs have all the data of the number of users who are currently farming. They also have data on rates and likelyhood that many would be pressed and maybe actuarially data suggests having her a bit early to force some to $$$ get desperate to be ready. Which is why bb8 is Aug 23rd instead of September. Just me being cynical fyi.....I hope I'm wrong as I'm set for early September to be ready for JTR.
  • Most likely Rey arrives the same time as BB-8. I will be ready for her at that time,
  • The pattern for the last few event drops has been to do the necessary legendary event simultaneously with the Heroic Journey. I would expect that pattern to hold out.
  • The pattern for the last few event drops has been to do the necessary legendary event simultaneously with the Heroic Journey. I would expect that pattern to hold out.

I was thinking the same thing, especially since BB8 is coming back earlier in the cycle.

• I'm ready I think.

L - Finn (hoping to zeta before event) g11, sRey g11, Vet Chewie g9, Vet Han (working on g9), zBb8 g12

Good enough?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I'm ready I think.

L - Finn (hoping to zeta before event) g11, sRey g11, Vet Chewie g9, Vet Han (working on g9), zBb8 g12

Good enough?

You dont need the finn zeta and you may consider it a wasted if you wont be using finn lead after the event.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Naraic wrote: »
    I'm ready I think.

Good enough?

You dont need the finn zeta and you may consider it a wasted if you wont be using finn lead after the event.

Good to know, was mainly wanting to zeta him for my resist squad? But.. is he worth a zeta if/when I have JTR?
  • Zeta finn is good for raids
    Do or don't there is no try
  • I hope it follows the 90ish day pattern. With that mid September date Ill be good to go. Any sooner and I probably wont make it.