Please hear me out

IE4TAPPL3S
482 posts Member
edited August 2018
When threads are moved to the feedback section they instantly are dead. No one can talk about the topic and speculate on certain things (such as Jedi Luke). The devs miss out on hearing people's opinions on a lot of things simply because no one goes to the feedback section. Compared to a year ago, this forum has lost a lot of activity. Please change this. I mean it in the most respectful way possible.

Replies

• This seems like it would be more appropriate for the feedback section. Be right back, grabbing a mod to move it there for you.
  • Those sections are only for the dev's to keep things organized. Normal people who use these forums click on the "discussions" button. We never actually see which section a given topic is in, therefore the moves are irrelevant.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    This seems like it would be more appropriate for the feedback section. Be right back, grabbing a mod to move it there for you.

*flips table and runs*
  • The board is organised in a certain way- the aim being to keep it neat, orderly and to allow people to find things they're looking for in the relevant categories simply and quickly.

This prevents certain areas of the board being completely overloaded and a chaotic mess of all manner of different posts and topics. It would be so difficult for someone to find what they're looking for.

Your suggestion is valid, so thanks for that. I do think however that part of the answer is for people to use other areas of the board much more. How this can be promoted and and achieved I'm really not sure. I do think however that some of the onus should be on us, the posters, to frequent other parts of the board more often rather than relying on everything being in the same place. This would create such an unruly and chaotic mess...and play havoc with my OCD lol.

I hope someone with some power and influence reads your post and considers it. Cheers.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    The board is organised in a certain way- the aim being to keep it neat, orderly and to allow people to find things they're looking for in the relevant categories simply and quickly.

This prevents certain areas of the board being completely overloaded and a chaotic mess of all manner of different posts and topics. It would be so difficult for someone to find what they're looking for.

Your suggestion is valid, so thanks for that. I do think however that part of the answer is for people to use other areas of the board much more. How this can be promoted and and achieved I'm really not sure. I do think however that some of the onus should be on us, the posters, to frequent other parts of the board more often rather than relying on everything being in the same place. This would create such an unruly and chaotic mess...and play havoc with my OCD lol.

I hope someone with some power and influence reads your post and considers it. Cheers.

I'm all for making everything easier to find...But no one takes advantage of that. Most just go to General Discussion. They should be a bit more lenient and allow speculation threads and opinions on meta characters.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The board is organised in a certain way- the aim being to keep it neat, orderly and to allow people to find things they're looking for in the relevant categories simply and quickly.

Fighting human nature is usually a losing battle...
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member

Ive always thought it might be smarter to have a topic be discussed for 24hrs in General and then moved to the appropriate form. It would give people a chance to comment and discuss things before its moved and is never heard from again. That way you get the best of both worlds, you get the discussion that you want, and then the archive function for people to look for (which.... admittedly they never will).
  • The board is organised in a certain way- the aim being to keep it neat, orderly and to allow people to find things they're looking for in the relevant categories simply and quickly.

I get the intent and it makes sense.
    I guess the issue is that the change was made to fix a problem that no one seemed to take issue with. And the solution obviously isn’t working since:
    - so many of these new sections are dead; and
    - The complaint and issue of threads being moved from “general” comes up so often

Maybe it’s time to re-think the change? This game has an active forum of dedicated players showing up to discuss and promote the game...it doesn’t seem to make sense to make changes that negate that.

At this point I’d call it a failed experiment.
  • So apparently I'm invisible? If you use the recent discussion button then all the others are useless. You can't even tell what sub forum your thread got moved to. If people are commenting on it, its under the discussion tab. The continuation of this topic proves that you don't know what you're doing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »

I'm all for making everything easier to find...But no one takes advantage of that. Most just go to General Discussion. They should be a bit more lenient and allow speculation threads and opinions on meta characters.

Its called the recent discussion tab. That is the almost direct link to what GD was back in the day. All topics mixed together and everything past page 1 is ignored and recreated.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    It really did get moved to Feedback...hilarious. Not by me I would add... :neutral:

Bhaalor wrote: »
    Ive always thought it might be smarter to have a topic be discussed for 24hrs in General and then moved to the appropriate form.

Yeah, good idea that.

• Kyno wrote: »
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »

Its called the recent discussion tab. That is the almost direct link to what GD was back in the day. All topics mixed together and everything past page 1 is ignored and recreated.

What Kyno said. I found this thread by clicking on the "Recent Discussions" and then always go back to the newest threads by clicking "discussions" at the top.

That said, I do think that since some people may be navigating to the "General Discussion" section on the forums home page that it may make sense to add a "recent discussions" hyper link just above that table (since you can no longer see it when you scroll down)

Not sure if you've ever been on a message board that does categorize everything in a single spot, but it makes it impossible to find similar threads that may be interesting to you. Also, because there's so much duplication and noise, people become less engaged and fewer people visit the forum... so yeah, maybe they do want to do that :)