Can we talk about new toons in TB platoons? [MERGE]

Replies

• 126GP, only 1 ship platoon can be completed
  • Jedi_Bane
    310 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Usually the let us fill enough platoons to get lvl 1 at least, this is bizarre
  • Please stop moving the goalposts on the territory battles so much. 6 5* sith fighters needed (in addition to Lando’s falcon) today? That’s obscene. I spend an embarrassing amount on this game already and can’t keep up.
  • Jeffo
    17 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    These platoons are incredible. I’m in a 140+m guild and we are going 2,2,2. You can’t win. I noticed there are no enfys nest in any platoons. A character that people actually liked and bought and guess what, it’s not in the platoons. Their formula for making the platoons means you’ll never complete them with out buying every character which is ridiculous. It’s better to learn how to do the missions without the platoon advantages.
  • ott0bot
    101 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon or @CG_RyDiggs or @CG_Dan Care to comment on why fleet platoons have possible marquee only P2P ships in all 6 squads this time? My understanding is that only 4/6 would have marquee toons. I’ve been doing platoons for my guild for a year and this has never happened before. Today 5/6 had either SA ship or Lando ****, so not even a level one bonus was possible. On reddit many are saying 6/6 had P2P ships. Seems like adding the SA ship caused some sort of error, unless this was intentional...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ott0bot wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon or @CG_RyDiggs or @CG_Dan Care to comment on why fleet platoons have possible marquee only P2P ships in all 6 squads this time? My understanding is that only 4/6 would have marquee toons. I’ve been doing platoons for my guild for a year and this has never happened before. Today 5/6 had either SA ship or Lando ****, so not even a level one bonus was possible. On reddit many are saying 6/6 had P2P ships. Seems like adding the SA ship caused some sort of error, unless this was intentional...

@ott0bot unfortunately your understanding is incorrect. They never stated any limitations on the number in a single platoon or across all platoons for any toon. All toons are in the pool for picks for platoons once they are released into the game.
  • ott0bot
    101 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

@ott0bot unfortunately your understanding is incorrect. They never stated any limitations on the number in a single platoon or across all platoons for any toon. All toons are in the pool for picks for platoons once they are released into the game.

It is odd then that every other TB only 4/6 max had P2P toons. Just pure luck in my guild? Hard to believe it wasn’t designed to omit P2P toons until SA popped up. Even with Lando’s ship it was still limited to 4/6 in TB’s since it’s release.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Once they made the change to lock the first 3 rounds and open the other 4 to any toon in game they set the goal posts. If you do not $$ then dont expect to close all or any platoons.

Everyone is constantly moving closer to not needing platoons to be closed every day, it's a simple numbers game, GP grows and the benchmark for 45* stays the same. Platoons make it easier, and $$ gives you the advantage of making it easier.
  • Normally in fleet or any platoon full fillment you can fill squad 3 and 4 because it has old farmable characters in it, so you can at least can get rank 1 for that bonus. This is how it has been sofar. However surprise today with fleet platoons we can only get 1 platoon because the other has the new milenium falcon in it and we can not get even to rank 1 of rebel straff run.

After all the uproar, mistakes and bugs I personally begin to get tired and annoyed with every time something wrong. I can tell you the money train has been taken out of service untill we can get a normal working game like we used to. Bugs happen I know but these kind of things are getting old now and are not necessary. Besides lets throw a boomerang in the game and community and see if it sticks or it returns to us policy aka the NS (and lootboxes) disaster.

So can you please fix these things at the front and start to listen and dont be reactive after the uproar and mistakes. You are losing loyal players in this manner and please fix this with the platoons. Just a tip be extra careful with mistakes its a bit to much at the moment and taking out the fun of the game.

Cheers
  • How unexpected that they should forget to keep marquee ships out of squadron 1 and 2 for the first time, at the same time they tripled the price for the ship bundle...
  • Our guild has ~164M GP and on Phase 4 of this LSTB, we were able to complete exactly zero ship platoons because they all required either Lando's Falcon or the Sith Assassin ship. When one new toon comes out and appears in TB, we all expect it to make some platoons unfillable. Usually we can get 4 or 5 platoons full and we understand that guilds with more whales get to reap the rewards for 7* new ships/toons. That's totally fine.

What I ask is that this be reviewed and a plan put in place for TB platoons following a flurry of new toons/ships like we've had recently. A ton of content from the Solo movie and KOTOR is awesome, but it's a gut shot to have them result in a complete paywall for something as silly as Phase 4 TB platoons.

I'm not sure if there's some sort of tag on the back end of the game that indicates which toons are not currently farmable, but if there was a way to flag P2P toons and limit how many platoons they can appear in, that would be great. Otherwise, the player base is always going to have an element of "well, TB is going to be annoying for a while" every time new toons are released, which I imagine is not the desired reaction to new content.
  • ott0bot
    101 posts Member
    Smygelfh wrote: »
    How unexpected that they should forget to keep marquee ships out of squadron 1 and 2 for the first time, at the same time they tripled the price for the ship bundle...

I’m hoping it’s not intentional and malicious like that, but rather an issue where there forgot to exclude the SA ship in the platoon generating randomizer.

• They have such a way. It prevents those new characters from appearing in the middle two platoons in each region. For some reason it's not working in ships today, presumably from some sort of bug.
  • Today was awful and discouraging. With TBs only once a month it would be courteous to only add marquee toons from prior weeks or month to a TB at least 30 days away. Not a spender but even if I was why would I wan to platoon new toons automatically.
  • 126GP, only 1 ship platoon can be completed

I thought we all had the same platoons, I can fill both 1 and 2. You might want to double check cause I'm only in a 34 GP and we will be able to fill both
  • Jeffo wrote: »
    These platoons are incredible. I’m in a 140+m guild and we are going 2,2,2. You can’t win. I noticed there are no enfys nest in any platoons.

I count 3 Nest in total, 2 in the bottom platoons and 1 in the middle.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

It is odd then that every other TB only 4/6 max had P2P toons. Just pure luck in my guild? Hard to believe it wasn’t designed to omit P2P toons until SA popped up. Even with Lando’s ship it was still limited to 4/6 in TB’s since it’s release.

Whether or not that is the case doesnt change the fact that it was not stated that they would do that. Ships I will agree I dont think I have seen a nee ship this spread out, but I have seen new toons in 5/6 and 6/6 platoons
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Parableman wrote: »
    They have such a way. It prevents those new characters from appearing in the middle two platoons in each region. For some reason it's not working in ships today, presumably from some sort of bug.

This is not a stated method for platoons by the dev team, so nope not a bug
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    We had a couple platoons needing 2 5* Sith Assassin Ships and 1 5* Lando Ship. Kind of sucks the only way to fill those platoons was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    This is the case with virtually every TB. Newly released characters show in platoons. It's part of the game and par for the course. The only exception is that a toon will not show up in a platoon if it's needed for a special mission in that same day.

So don't be shocked when you see Bastila required several times before the end of the current TB.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • All I can say is, in that Ep 2 Obi-Wan scene to Anakin with a sarcastic..."Good job [EA]."

I'm in an 84M guild. It's pretty bad.

In addition, for a "Rebel Assault" titled Event, we sure need a lot of Rebels to do no Combat. This Event should have been called "Light vs The Empire" or something.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This is the case with virtually every TB. Newly released characters show in platoons. It's part of the game and par for the course. The only exception is that a toon will not show up in a platoon if it's needed for a special mission in that same day.

So don't be shocked when you see Bastila required several times before the end of the current TB.

I'm aware. The point is that each new toon compounds this if they're released during another toon's P2P period (i.e. before farmability).

The message isn't supposed to be "don't put P2P toons/ships in platoons", rather, "please keep in mind that if you release a bunch of toons based upon a movie and then a bunch of toons based upon a theme, all of those P2P toons are getting dumped into platoons at the same time".
  • What burns too is the toons like Holdo, Rose, and other recently farmable marquees are either not even in platoons or one is required in a platoon full of a couple newer marquee toons.

Moving the goalposts and pulling away the football as we kick it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Burritto wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I'm aware. The point is that each new toon compounds this if they're released during another toon's P2P period (i.e. before farmability).

The message isn't supposed to be "don't put P2P toons/ships in platoons", rather, "please keep in mind that if you release a bunch of toons based upon a movie and then a bunch of toons based upon a theme, all of those P2P toons are getting dumped into platoons at the same time".

Apologies, I missed the back end of you OP. As a follow up, I actually DO think the intention is to "annoy" - at least to the point of pushing some players to spend on the characters in question. Now, this certainly wouldn't work if they weren't interested at all, but it might be the "nudge" needed for someone on the fence.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    We were able to complete 4 out of 6, not a big deal
  • Rojas wrote: »
    We were able to complete 4 out of 6, not a big deal

Good for you?
  • The Sith fighter is in the platoons as well
  • Burritto
    47 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Apologies, I missed the back end of you OP. As a follow up, I actually DO think the intention is to "annoy" - at least to the point of pushing some players to spend on the characters in question. Now, this certainly wouldn't work if they weren't interested at all, but it might be the "nudge" needed for someone on the fence.

I totally agree. I would bet my life that someone in my guild has once had a thought such as "I kinda want to whale out on this one. The toon seems good, plus I can use them in raids and TB if I go to 7*". It makes sense.

That being said, if it does end up being that the new method is "we're going to release new toons/ships and then put them in 6 out of 6 platoons on Phase 4", I would have liked some communication, since that's a drastic change.