Can we talk about new toons in TB platoons? [MERGE]

Replies

• BTW, this post being moved to the TB forum is blatant white-washing. People are complaining here and on Reddit and nothing is being said. The devs have openly said that the forum setup isn't great in that there are 259735987395 boards, yet everyone posts on General. Moving things out of General is just burying the issue instead of addressing it. I could make a case that every, single post on General could be moved to another category, so please get on top of those as fast as you've moved this.

Clearly, the message is that 0/6 platoons will happen unless you buy horrible new ships.
  • the new char's in platoons is bad enough but it's so much worse when they pump out the toons at the rate they have the last few weeks
  • Jenari_DwInZz_
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes true that but with us at least not in platoon 3 or 4. I hope we get some response on this and a fix for the upcoming phases. Or let us know at least that this is the new policy to get more money out of us.
  • Sure hope this lack of planning in how the platoons and ship squadrons were laid out for this rebel TB is an anomaly. Our guild isn't a max star TB guild so this is going to have an affect the wrong way for sure.
  • qhe4c0nkx9h6.jpg
  • Yup pay to play. Hope you have whales and krakens in your guild
  • I really enjoy Tb , many in my guild/alliance find it boring. Platoons are wack. But you can beat missions with out them. Your team has to be suped up though (in the later phases)

Cg has the numbers - maybe it does work out for them and makes money. But I just think it’s a bad cash grab.

There are a lot of toons and ships out now that cost a good amount of money to get 7* and if people want to spend , more power to them. But it is kind of wack to spend money on a toon for the sole purpose of just platooning them.

I understand why platoons are there. For the guild strategy. But still kind of wack.

If I didn’t misinterpret some of the road ahead.. I think there are some changes/betterment’s coming to Tb and TW.

But as Kyno said it is a numbers game. Eventually your guild will be able to complete all of it just based off of gp. But by then it will be a different Tb lol and the opinion of recruiting a whale to your guild is still truly laughable.
  • Really a merge?? Come on people this is ridiculous the whole intent and context is gone of my post because of this! This a new kind of censorship! You are really pushing the envelope at the moment sorry to say but this is crazy...
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Parableman wrote: »
    They have such a way. It prevents those new characters from appearing in the middle two platoons in each region. For some reason it's not working in ships today, presumably from some sort of bug.

This is not a stated method for platoons by the dev team, so nope not a bug

You are on their pay role or what? Come on you know as well that this is a mistake. As we can say since the beginning of TB it has always been that you can fill platoon 3 and 4 or at least 2 platoons. If it was the case like you said and try to defend we would have this "problem" since the beginning. Sorry sir but thats not the case. So lets the devs speak for them selves and don't be a goody two shoes even tho you are a moderator with all do respect.
  • My guild usually never fills mke than 2platoon squad thingys in phase 6per territory and I can still 100% the phase, not a big deal
  • Why are people complaining? It has always been like this.

If you arent spending 1-2K a month you don't matter
  • Numbers game yes but we can fill it eventually based on overall GP no way! If they keep releasing marque toons ships just a few days before TB you are not able to beat it based on GP but based on how big your wallet is.
  • Jed_Eye
    171 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    First, just an FYI, we can see all your posts. We dont delete them we move them to the forum trash. You have very few posts there and the ones I see have a warning so they did notify you.

Some posts are moved and others are merged you should look through the comments on your profile and you may find some of the topics you think were removed.

Now onto the real topic on hand:

This is part of the advantage that someone paying gets. Much like other content we will all "roster out" the content just due to sheer GP and have nothing to do with finishing platoons.

Because someone paying $600 for a new toon just wants to p!a toon their investment and not play them.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    If we are talking TBs can we finally get the battles to stop freezing or at least a retreat/retry option till it's fixed

@CG_TopHat
  • I agree with the majority I think making a unit that is only available p2p (unless you horde many crystals for one unit) is not fair. I understand wanting g to give a player that paid a bounus or there really wouldn't be a point in buying the unit. So (as I think someone already said) why not make it the toon go I to platoons when they are f2p? People who paid can still help fill before other guilds plus they also get to actually use the unit for a few months. I don't buy units but I bet alot of people feel kind of burned having to use them to fill platoons and that's it, since very rarely do units in Marquee events translate to immediate use elsewhere upon shelling out the money for them. But that's my two cents.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Parableman wrote: »
    They have such a way. It prevents those new characters from appearing in the middle two platoons in each region. For some reason it's not working in ships today, presumably from some sort of bug.

This is not a stated method for platoons by the dev team, so nope not a bug

You are on their pay role or what? Come on you know as well that this is a mistake. As we can say since the beginning of TB it has always been that you can fill platoon 3 and 4 or at least 2 platoons. If it was the case like you said and try to defend we would have this "problem" since the beginning. Sorry sir but thats not the case. So lets the devs speak for them selves and don't be a goody two shoes even tho you are a moderator with all do respect.

@Jenari_DwInZz_ just stating facts about the current situation. I didnt say it was right or wrong or even state a preference.

Since they implemented this 3 locked, 3 open system. I have just accepted that I will never be able to fill all platoons and moved on. I know that eventually through either GP or better teams that I will be able to make up the difference that has been added to the advantage anyone buying all new toons gets.

Since they introduced the system there has been no stated set to where these toons can be which means any guild could have 0 or all 6 platoons with brand new toons.
  • I've been told before when the same issue was brought up that "this is the way of giving p2p players an advantage for spending money on the game". Even though it punishes people who don't spend money on the game...
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    It is an issue they have always said that the point of TB is to allow collectors to show off what they have. Bit putting marque characters and ships in makes it impossible for f2p players to be accomplished collector players. By comparison f2p players who want to focus on raid teams and pvp can be accomplished in those areas without spending money collectors cannot be accomplished in TB without spending hundreds.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    I've been told before when the same issue was brought up that "this is the way of giving p2p players an advantage for spending money on the game". Even though it punishes people who don't spend money on the game...

I mean, you can look at it either way. Either it gives p2p players an advantage or it gives ftp/light spenders a disadvantage.

Either way, those who spend get a leg up due to this mechanic. I’m not a big fan either but it is what it is. At some point guild gp becomes high enough to negate any advantage anyway, so it’s really just another incentive that gives those who pay an early advantage.
  • It's platoons. They help a little, but really not that big of a deal to fill all platoons. It's almost always been like this. If you're boarderline on a star, it may cost you, but for most people, you'll end up with the same number of stars.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Sam way the punish iPhone users lol
  • OP must be new here. Every new toon is going to show up in a platoon but you can always manage 2 of 6 for some effect if you have people that have farmed the obscure kit fisto, lobot...
  • Zmobie
    54 posts Member
    I've had this thought since TB came out and never have been able to fully rationalize it. I get that this is a fremium model game and they have to make money, but this one particular aspect bugs me. In every other part of the game through skill or some kind of tough to obtain (but free) setup you can not only fully compete it but even excel at it.

TB on the other hand has a hard pay to win block basically with platoons. Without being able to complete 4/6 it is basically not possible to clear at max rewards unless as Kyno said you just way over GP everything which largely no f2p guild can do yet. Being able to work up to a soft cap is fine, like with raids, but I'd argue this is far from a soft cap mainly because depending on character release cadence that cycle it can have significant negative impact on the results. The development cycle and release of characters should NOT impact performance to such a degree.

TB is also by and large established content and should be fully doable at max stars by the f2p crowd by now (at least the elite, which I doubt any can do without at least 3 or 4 whales/krakens). I think a happy compromise would be at least guaranteeing 3 or 4 platoons are without p2p characters/ships and then having at least 1 with p2p so we at least avoid not even being able to get the basic bonus like my guild this week with ships (and many others it sounds are in the same boat), while still allowing for a bonus to the paying crowd. The bonuses could even be tweaked a bit between lvl2 and 3 to reflect that if necessary.

In my opinion, that would be more in line with the rest of the game design.

(Side note, this jumping text box on mobile site forums is the worst thing I've ever seen, please fix it....)
  • I agree that players who pay should have an advantage but now you take the bread from the mouth to a homeless man to give it to a tenant. You get 2-4 characters out a month and we should spend nearly $1000 to get them all to 7*. Besides, u r disgusting because these new characters don t appear in platoon 1-4, it's weird from the 5* that they show the tip of their nose, how convenient, doesn t it? Now, here's what I think : We don't pay and yet we manage to do 6/6 in combat missions and those who pay should buy to fill the Pelotons in order to do the same thing we do. Here's what differentiates a REAL player from a PALLOR. We don't need your charity, but you need your audience and your audience, you re gonna lose it if you continue in this direction. How many players have you lost since your renowned events, please I can laugh? You're gonna lose your community and in the end, it S only gonna be whales and petitions to shut down this game. It's just my humble opinion, do what you want. To a good hearing. :)@Kyno
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    it takes just under 170million GP to complete the TB when you complete all combat waves. tack on another 10ish million GP if nobody can complete the final wave in the last territory
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    My guild needed 4 sith fighters today, but thankfully we had 1 so we were able to do 3/6. 2/6 platoons without the sith fighter and new falcon is unacceptable on the 4th day in my opinion.

The other platoons seem to be standard for 2 or 3 out of 6 without the paywall characters. This is way too aggressive in my opinion and it should be 4/6 without them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JupiterBth wrote: »
    I agree that players who pay should have an advantage but now you take the bread from the mouth to a homeless man to give it to a tenant. You get 2-4 characters out a month and we should spend nearly $1000 to get them all to 7*. Besides, u r disgusting because these new characters don t appear in platoon 1-4, it's weird from the 5* that they show the tip of their nose, how convenient, doesn t it? Now, here's what I think : We don't pay and yet we manage to do 6/6 in combat missions and those who pay should buy to fill the Pelotons in order to do the same thing we do. Here's what differentiates a REAL player from a PALLOR. We don't need your charity, but you need your audience and your audience, you re gonna lose it if you continue in this direction. How many players have you lost since your renowned events, please I can laugh? You're gonna lose your community and in the end, it S only gonna be whales and petitions to shut down this game. It's just my humble opinion, do what you want. To a good hearing. :) Kyno

@JupiterBth it ain't me. I just play here.

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Seven freaking new falcons and 4 FOUR FIVE STAR the new just release sith ships required for the platoon to even do 2 of it TWO of it.

I mean, who thought that was a good idea? Even guilds with whales would require multiples of them to complete even the five star level of this current light side TB.

I mean come on. You can't farm the sith ship, or the falcon, you can't even get them in shipments right?
    And yet, you will what, need them all seven starred to do platoons at the last area?

Man Marque is freaking dumb :p

The best part? Its like we don't actually want new ships added now, just makes TB harder xD
  • And the amount of carrying on here, . . Platoons are nice, but in no way are the critical to the phase. Y’all need to stop,focusing on the minutia so badly and look at the whole picture.

If you can’t go 6/6 or 4/4, platoons won’t save that, and if they do, it’s because you were on the teeter totter edge anyway, so improve your rosters, develop your squads, play with your mods, and platoons become pointless,

Essentially, platoons exist to provide a small measure of assistance , temporarily, while you get your TB squads built, heck this is LS TB folks, use a res squad, it pretty nearly autos 6/6 at a low built status, those Phoenix y’all rag on, are able to auto combats, . .. Jedi , work pretty good now, . . Use your imagination and look for answers , stop laser focusing on the one aspect of TB that is ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS.
  • Emmant
    93 posts Member
    @Kyno

An element you seem to be missing in your evaluations is frequency.

Clearly the newly units are over represented, which is the main thing, and not whether they can spawn or not.

The example of rose + holdo above is actually a good illustration of this. (Units that were in high demand, which are now gone)

I suppose it’s the way it is - But this sort of practice does not exactly instill trust in my perception