Free Poe Dameron?

So this is going to be a semi long post but let's start.

After the update I went in to the app store to see if the new characters where limited or permanent. I then read "log in this month to get a free Poe Dameron " in the description.
I didn't get this character after I re-logged. So I contacted customer support yesterday just to get a response back today that they couldn't do anything about it. And said that I should post it here so people could get aware of the issue and if others have seen this.

But then just before I wrote this I went to the app store to check again just to find out the changed the description to " log in this month to get a free Captain Phasma".

So now what? Have anyone else besides me seen this? What "can" be done? Really want him after I read I could get him free. And especially after they changed the description.

Replies

• Song
    863 posts Member
    you use Android or IOS?

Android get Free Captain Phasma
    IOS get Free Poe Dameron
  • Ohhh. Well android but they should have made that clear then. A bit confusing :-S
  • Im really liking my captain phasma lol
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    actually i think IOS get the Poe Dameron is better deal than Android get Captain Phasma.

Both require 50Shards. The difference is Poe dameron use cantina shipment. To get 50shards that is like 4000Cantina credits.. You get around 200cantina credit per day. 20Days to get 4000credits.

Captain Phasma need 50 shards from GW. I can easily get 1200War Token. Less than 4days to earn 4000credits.

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    Song wrote: »
    actually i think IOS get the Poe Dameron is better deal than Android get Captain Phasma.

Taking leveling and ranking aside, looking at the characters, I think Poe is actually a better deal cause he has a chance of putting expose on everyone. A couple of AOE characters, bye bye enemy team! And his taunt is actually going to pull everyone away from attacking your glass canon aoe types!

Phasma on the other hand yeah she makes people go faster, but whats the point of going faster if you already dead? Not too sure about the advantage buff though!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Phasma at equal gear level, is the fastest in the game. So with her buff her entire team goes first, with advantage. That's a serious advantage and can cripple a team before their first turn. She's not to be taken lightly.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    She looks quite interesting. Also, since she is in GW shipments, that's the fastest leveling in the game without spending $$$. Since there was nothing else interesting for me in GW after Lumi, once she is done, Phasma is next. And since I finish GW pretty much every day, it will take only a week to get her to 5*.
    I still want to hear more from people using her, since leveling a character from scratch to level 60 is a pretty expensive proposition.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Parzival
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have IOS and I received Poe and I would trade him for Phasma in a heartbeat. The biggest reason is I think Poe's taunt lasting 2 turns is a real problem. It may not be a big deal in PVP cause you have gonna have people die anyway but for trying to get 3 stars on stuff and in the GW missions a taunt for 2 turns is going to lead to sure death or wasted AOE cures. His expose is pretty cool but he is a tank so he has low damage and not incredibly high HP for a tank and Phasma seems pretty amazing.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    She looks quite interesting. Also, since she is in GW shipments, that's the fastest leveling in the game without spending $$$. Since there was nothing else interesting for me in GW after Lumi, once she is done, Phasma is next. And since I finish GW pretty much every day, it will take only a week to get her to 5*.
    I still want to hear more from people using her, since leveling a character from scratch to level 60 is a pretty expensive proposition.

I've used her at gear level 4 3* as a leader, roughly level 38. To do PvE challenges, of course tier 3s aren't that difficult anyway but she's underleveled for that and holds her own well, great synergy with slow heavy hitters like Maul, her buff turns them into even more deadly killing machines. I'm going to combine her Kylo and FO Officer soon and see how well it works. But she's definitely going to 7* after Lumi.
  • Phasma (and in fact, a First Order team in general) look very solid. Lots of synergy. Will be interested to see how their stats all play out. Unfortunately my droids still need work...so First Order will have to wait.
    Poe and the resistance guys look good individually, but with less of a group synergy. I will be picking Poe up from Cantina though as he looks like a great tank, and works nicely with the resistance trooper I was just given. Poe will likely replace Fives as my main tank until they release more clones. Pretty unsure about Rey - hopefully her stats are good.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thanks for the info everyone.
    I'm having a "tank crisis" at the moment and Poe has made it worse, especially since all of Boba, Fives and Poe use the same farming resource. :) I have Boba at 5* at the moment, and while definitely an asset, he still doesn't really impress me. Poe looks like he has potential but is more of a Han-type taunter than a Chewie-type.
    Please keep us posted, those of you who got him free and are using him.
  • Poe has solid potential. The minute got him for free realized he is much better than Chewie for pvp. Plan is to 4 star him as soon as unlock old daka for dark side missions. He has a much faster speed than Chewie so he can actually get a taunt off while it's worth it and it lasts for two turns. His taunt wrecks teams. Most time 2-3 heroes are affected and exposed. Then in comes Sidious. His aoe hits and in one aoe not only does everyone take a solid hit plus damage over time but 3 opponents lose 20 percent of their life. Right now running 5 Sidious 5 luminara 4 Talia 3 Poe and 2 resistance trooper. Trooper going to 3 soon. Sidious to 6 in a day. So even though they nerfed troopers special attack he also exposes heroes...

Have really enjoyed this game so far. Got to rank 30 and probably will complete for rank 20 soon without spending a dime. I see people ahead of me that have obviously spent hundreds of dollars and we are about the same power ranking. It goes to show that if you read and study other players strategies and look for new and interesting strategies you can be competitive. Poe can be starred easily. The challenge will be trooper as he only stars currently off 2 hard levels. May swap Vader in for him possibly. Vader and Sidious and expose equals game over. Luminara for the strong heal and hard hitting attacks. There are counters of course but haven't run into any setup so far with this team that can't beat even 1000 or more power rating though sometimes depending on lucky stuns etc lose a few too. A few with Old Ben have been tough.

Thoughts for now spending money is ok and does give some advantage but honestly you can be competitive without it if you want a good challenge.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I love Poe so far, he fits well with my arena team, I love the taunt/expose that happens faster than Chewie's taunt. Poe dies all the time in arena, but for a good cause, his death heals my Sidious :p His regular attack also has chance to cast Offense down. (edit; he also has a self heal on resisting debuffs, could be interesting with a leader like Luke with increased Tenacity)
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thanks for the replies!
    I am really struggling at this point to find space for all the good characters I have or am building. I am currently running Barriss, Lumi, Dooku, Sidious and Asajj, all of whom are good and play specific roles. I dropped Chewie a while back when I got Sidious. Lumi and Sidious are both going to be 7* soon and have "safe jobs".. the other three I am on the fence on.
    I really like having two healers and am not sure I want to replace one of them with a tank who dies, but it is possible that with a lot more offense via Expose etc I can do without Barriss. Asajj I know is not super popular but I've gotten very good at using her, usually getting more than one AoE off per match, and she also stuns and removes taunts. Poe sounds cool but I am not sure if I can make good use of him.
    I am also unlocking Kylo, and every time I have faced him he has been super nasty, so he may be hard to resist using.
    Meanwhile I have Boba, he is good but has not earned a spot in my top 5. He's been very helpful in dark side missions. I don't think at this point I am going to star him up further, he's good but just too slow and doesn't bring enough to the table.
  • Just hope I get some utility out of them before OP cries start.
    "That is why you fail."
  • I have invested in my Poe, and have lended Phasma is PvE missions. From play bith around level 57 I like Phasma much better. She disrupts timers so much, and the slow 2 or 3 chars for maybe a full turn ir more, that she is worth it so much. I cannot try her in Arena, but Phasma is the kind of char you build and entire plan around her. If she advances timers, and delays 2 of your Chars, you are guranteed to not be able to do anything early on. And for most teams, that's a huge loss. I picture getting a key character dead or semi dead, and maybe on top a strong Damage Over Time and Ability block, before I take turn. Then, to only be able to use 2 or 3 chars which will if I am lucky a heal, and teo random acts of frustration. Then what? I am 4 to 5, am bleeding with DoT and will still have 2 chars very out of sync.

Team Phasma with Sid, Vader, Ben and Maul and you can easily see you are dead before you start, unless you have her too - in which case it's mutual anihilation.

All rhis is based on having used her like 7 times while working on lelev 6 Dark Side mission, which I 3-starred every time till the final stage. These Phsma's wheren't from Allies, but vanilla stock versions.

She is too OP in terma of her team abilities. I cannot see the moment I finish 7 staring Luminara to start her up. Poe? Sitting there. Not bad, but replaci g an awesome character for him is hard to justify, and I don't use taunters. The guy us too unidimensional. I will need to try him with an AoE-centric team to see if he can justify his spot.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yeah he looks cool but I already have Phasma and she will star up very fast.. especially since there's nothing else appealing after Lumi is done.
    I hate that they made all the dark side characters either more appealing or easier to get than the good guy heroes of the movie. :(
  • I hate that the arena has no decent light characters :( should put Poe or Old Ben or whatever in the arena.
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Oh and I wouldn't say Phasma is op, not alone anyway. With the right setups, then yes she's op, but that's just good team building and synergy, compared to raw standalone op power. Which is exactly how the game should be, planning and strategic team building and allocation of time and resources, all characters can be op in the right setups and many are.
  • When Phasma released, i stopped luminara (at 6 *) and started focus on her. Currently she is 5*, level 60, gear lvl IV with only one gear item left to complete.

I find her to be strong, but not op. She may even not remain as my leader. Im also working on a pure first order team to go with her, and im starting to think that is the only team she would be a good leader for.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yesterday I made rank 8 in arena with Poe on my team. Also, today I managed to beat really tough purple teams in GW (finished GW for the 4th time only) again with Poe in the finals. I really, really like how he fits well in my team, his taunt saves my butt quite a few times. Glad I got the guy as iOS user.

Though I'd love iOS to get a dark side unit next time, it's out turn, no? :P

edit: I am known to use underdog units in all kinds of context. I'm also a Talia lover. She's Poe's BFF right now.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • I use Talia a lot too. Actually, in almost every single game. It was always more developed than the rest so thing may change, but she is a beast though hard to get a grip if used to more normal characters. She is the most resilient lady in the game while seemingly the least dangerous one. I know for a fact Barriss secretely spies on her to learn her tricks but is still clueless at why she is a solid A-team char while Barris a B-char.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Tryban wrote: »
    Just hope I get some utility out of them before OP cries start.

Lol better get ur utility fast........ Ppl are already sobbing rivers of tears lmao. I find the biggest issue with the ones "crying OP" is they fall into one of a few categories
    1) they dont have what they need to effectivly counter what they are crying about
    2) they dont know/understand how to counter what they are crying about
    3) they dont understand how to use what they do have to counter what they are crying about.

Some toons are stronger then others in that they bring more strengths then weaknesses or are uniqe (like dooku and his flurry of counters) but thats what makes the strategy interesting. It foes NOT make the toon u struggle with OP.

It helps to learn an know the difference between OP and unique/beneficial/new

MTFBWY
  • Apple and its fanbase feel Google is the evil Empire. It's only fitting for Android to get dark side stuff.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    I'm liking phasma more than I think I would like Poe. Plus storm troopers look pretty cool with capes. Not sure why...they just do lol
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Abyss wrote: »
    Tryban wrote: »
    Just hope I get some utility out of them before OP cries start.

Lol better get ur utility fast........ Ppl are already sobbing rivers of tears lmao. I find the biggest issue with the ones "crying OP" is they fall into one of a few categories
    1) they dont have what they need to effectivly counter what they are crying about
    2) they dont know/understand how to counter what they are crying about
    3) they dont understand how to use what they do have to counter what they are crying about.
    MTFBWY

I thought dooku was OP when I firat started for those exact reasons. I had limited characters...which kind of takes care of numbers 2 and 3 by default. With limited options you have to make due by scraping by for a bit. Then your health and heals increase and everything seems rosy again.

I don't see them nerfing phasma tho. The devs took care of the OP croud by giving her away and making her available in GW. If someone complains about a character that they have as OP then they need to take a look in the mirror and assess their game play. Just my opinion.

• Song wrote: »

Both require 50Shards. The difference is Poe dameron use cantina shipment. To get 50shards that is like 4000Cantina credits.. You get around 200cantina credit per day. 20Days to get 4000credits.

Captain Phasma need 50 shards from GW. I can easily get 1200War Token. Less than 4days to earn 4000credits.

My Captain Phasma is only 30 shards