A Very Brief Overview of Upcoming Mod Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• I believe this is surly an unbalance change and will bring disaster to the game:(ehi2sm1g6qmo.jpg
  • Angelloyd wrote: »
    0.5% on protection only?

I like how health is closer to protection now. That could be a very underrated dynamic change. That, combined with the defense increase, is a big boost to healers, who don’t exist much now because most can’t heal protection, and characters are pretty much dead when they get to just health anyways.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Haha wow, love that this is the very brief overview. That’s gotta be the longest announcement post I’ve ever seen. Needless to say, I am very happy for all the details.

Over all this looks awesome. I feel like it’s gonna completely change the game with how those stat changes go up when they’re sliced to 6E, but it seems like it’ll be much more balanced, and you can have a lot more control over how you nuance your team, which is a very good thing.

Soooo freaking excited for the mod load outs and switching a whole set from one toon to another. Could not be happier for that change.
  • Tommy_Z wrote: »
    I believe this is surly an unbalance change and will bring disaster to the game:(ehi2sm1g6qmo.jpg

Omg...lol.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I did learn one other thing. CG's definition of "very brief" is different than mine.

Fits with their definition of significant
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    The more I'm thinking about the energy change, the more concerned I am. There are two issues now that I see

1) This one I mentioned in my previous posts: Older players who are currently refreshing cantina energy and earning guild tickets no longer will, since they already have all the cantina characters. Since the new mod energy does not earn tickets, some people are going to struggle to get to 600.

2) Newer players (and by newer I'm meaning people in the 6-12 month range) who still need items from the Cantina shipments now have to decide whether to spend refreshes on mods or Cantina. If they spend them on mods, they not only don't get character shards, but they don't earn the cantina tokens because the new mod energy doesn't reward them. This means it will take them longer to get the characters in the Cantina store. Under the current system, these players could farm mods and still earn guild tokens to get the stuff they need from the Cantina store. Not anymore.

I'm not entirely sure how this is going to play out, but #1 I think is the biggest issue. As an officer or a guild, getting every member to get 600 tickets every day is about the worst thing we have to do. I'm sure other officers of guilds will commiserate. It's going to be even tougher now.

Wow congrats on being the guy who actually complained about mods getting their own energy. Proving that people will in fact complain about anything.
  • Chocov24
    14 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Amoliski wrote: »
    Overall, I think these changes (especially buffing the underused sets) are right on target.

Removing faction requirements is a bit of a bummer, because it forced me to build out some backburner teams, but that was also before TW/TB/STR/JTR came out, so new accounts already have waaaaaay more on their plate.

Im with you on this! All the effort, gear, guild coins, cantina energy, etc... just to let the new guys get everything for free??? WHY!!??

So will you guys refund all that gear? Guild coins? Time spent on Jawas?? Cantina Energy? I farm Mods on weekends 3 energy refreshes for mods only a new energy so they don't have to choose from farming shards on toons or mods? NO WAY!
    The new guys have to do the same as we did, that is not fair for the rest of us!

This is my first complain on all the changes that you (CG) have done, because it will give other guys an equal advantage as the guys that did put the effort!

That's my 0.02¢ on this!
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    The more I'm thinking about the energy change, the more concerned I am. There are two issues now that I see

1) This one I mentioned in my previous posts: Older players who are currently refreshing cantina energy and earning guild tickets no longer will, since they already have all the cantina characters. Since the new mod energy does not earn tickets, some people are going to struggle to get to 600.

2) Newer players (and by newer I'm meaning people in the 6-12 month range) who still need items from the Cantina shipments now have to decide whether to spend refreshes on mods or Cantina. If they spend them on mods, they not only don't get character shards, but they don't earn the cantina tokens because the new mod energy doesn't reward them. This means it will take them longer to get the characters in the Cantina store. Under the current system, these players could farm mods and still earn guild tokens to get the stuff they need from the Cantina store. Not anymore.

I'm not entirely sure how this is going to play out, but #1 I think is the biggest issue. As an officer or a guild, getting every member to get 600 tickets every day is about the worst thing we have to do. I'm sure other officers of guilds will commiserate. It's going to be even tougher now.

Wow congrats on being the guy who actually complained about mods getting their own energy. Proving that people will in fact complain about anything.

It's not a complain about the energy, they remove the factions so all the efforts in a useless faction that most of us did (gear, cantina energy, guild tokens, credits, etc..) now they remove that and also add the energy for mods that doesn't take your attention from the toons that you are farming? is the benefits that they new guys are getting. at least leave the faction requirements so they have to spend on them!
  • Chocov24 wrote: »
    Overall, I think these changes (especially buffing the underused sets) are right on target.

Removing faction requirements is a bit of a bummer, because it forced me to build out some backburner teams, but that was also before TW/TB/STR/JTR came out, so new accounts already have waaaaaay more on their plate.

Im with you on this! All the effort, gear, guild coins, cantina energy, etc... just to let the new guys get everything for free??? WHY!!??

So will you guys refund all that gear? Guild coins? Time spent on Jawas?? Cantina Energy? I farm Mods on weekends 3 energy refreshes for mods only a new energy so they don't have to choose from farming shards on toons or mods? NO WAY!
    The new guys have to do the same as we did, that is not fair for the rest of us!

This is my first complain on all the changes that you (CG) have done, because it will give other guys an equal advantage as the guys that did put the effort!

That's my 0.02¢ on this!

Agreed. I have an account that I've been farming jawa engineer since January and due to crap timing of availability in store and lack of guild coins, I only have him at 55/80, but now that is 22k guild currency that I have wasted since he isn't required for anything significant.

Refund of 22k to ally code: 578-256-146. It would be greatly appreciated.

It's not a complain about the energy, they remove the factions so all the efforts in a useless faction that most of us did (gear, cantina energy, guild tokens, credits, etc..) now they remove that and also add the energy for mods that doesn't take your attention from the toons that you are farming? is the benefits that they new guys are getting. at least leave the faction requirements so they have to spend on them!

Actually, the energy part is rather important, if only because once you have all the cantina chars mixed out, You have no reason to spend cantina energy. So that effectively kills cantina dead, no use for chars, no use of energy for mods, means no cantina tokens, and that means no prints or shards to convert . This separate energy is going to cause a little bit of backlash once folks realize the hit to the cantina tokens.

Actually, the energy part is rather important, if only because once you have all the cantina chars mixed out, You have no reason to spend cantina energy. So that effectively kills cantina dead, no use for chars, no use of energy for mods, means no cantina tokens, and that means no prints or shards to convert . This separate energy is going to cause a little bit of backlash once folks realize the hit to the cantina tokens.

Excellent point!! Did they analyze this stuff before? I wont spent a dime on of that mods energy. and i'm 6 toons away from not using cantina energy at all. The Cantina Tokens I use them for shard credits and ship credits so their lost.
  • Jasonsufi wrote: »
    Chocov24 wrote: »

That's my 0.02¢ on this!

Agreed. I have an account that I've been farming jawa engineer since January and due to **** timing of availability in store and lack of guild coins, I only have him at 55/80, but now that is 22k guild currency that I have wasted since he isn't required for anything significant.

Refund of 22k to ally code: 578-256-146. It would be greatly appreciated.

Jason has 4 accounts so don't lose him over this!

while you refund this to him, please don't forget about me, ally code: 354-571-133!

Thanks!!

No reason to spend cantina energy but you want cantina tokens. I don't understand your logic. Seems like you do have a reason to spend cantina energy.

No reason to spend cantina energy but you want cantina tokens. I don't understand your logic. Seems like you do have a reason to spend cantina energy.

I believe he means that won't spend on crystals for refreshes and just use the energy provided by the game with the bonus and exchange that for shards

I believe he means that won't spend on crystals for refreshes and just use the energy provided by the game with the bonus and exchange that for shards

You would have to be refeshing cantina energy more than twice a day before you would actually lose anything from this change. How many people are refreshing cantina energy 3 times a day to farm mods?

You would have to be refeshing cantina energy more than twice a day before you would actually lose anything from this change. How many people are refreshing cantina energy 3 times a day to farm mods?

I do,. And FYI , even one refresh a day is still lost tokens, you are losing cantina tokens lad, the new mod energy DOES NOT AWARD CANTINA TOKENS . ..

When you have the cantina finished, all farmed, and store bought out, . . Then you farm mods, . . And since you aren’t farming chars, . . . You refresh to farm up 30+~ mods daily .. .. it’s not hard and there are folks that spend even more, . .. there is a huge loss there with the new energy, . . .
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    I get that there always have to be something to chase, but the increases of some primary stats and set bonuses on 6E mods looks extreme.

It feels to me another case of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. As a F2P in a 100 mil gp guild, not only am I getting shafted in arena because the big fish are all getting Traya and g12+ gear (which give an insane +12 speed), but now I'm going to be shafted again because the whales are going to get hugely massive stat boosts with 6E mods by refreshing mod energy in a way that I never can. If arena was all about speed (including g12+) before, it will now be all about 6E mods. Just yet another way to kick the smaller players when we're already down from missing Traya and g12+.

Also, this reminds me of when mods were rolled out with ridiculously huge set bonuses that nearly broke them game (I immediately made by Rey tankier than RG). Within a short time, they had to dial those back. Those giant bonuses weren't a good idea then, and I'm not sure they are now.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2018

I do,. And FYI , even one refresh a day is still lost tokens, you are losing cantina tokens lad, the new mod energy DOES NOT AWARD CANTINA TOKENS . ..

No because you have an extra 165 cantina energy a day that you were spending on mods which will give you an average of 6 character shards for the shard shop which is equivalent to 480 cantina tokens which 270 cantina energy which is 2.25 refeshes a day.
  • These bonuses are nothing like the original roll out, you know that. Those were crazy fun tho if a person is honest about it.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    These bonuses are nothing like the original roll out, you know that. Those were crazy fun tho if a person is honest about it.

Yes they were. Still share screen shots around of those +1k offense.
  • scuba wrote: »
    These bonuses are nothing like the original roll out, you know that. Those were crazy fun tho if a person is honest about it.

Yes they were. Still share screen shots around of those +1k offense.

I miss my huge prot primaries , as mentioned, had rey tricked out tanky as all get out, AND hitting for 132~k crits . . It was roughly the absolutely most insanely fun couple days ever in this game.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Phelynor wrote: »
    You tell us to hold on to all our mods, but I'm running out of space. Could you increase the space so we don't have to sell our lower level 5 start mods?
    Seconded.
    benjammin wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I’m asking sincerely - what are your plans to reimburse my 700+ shards invested in Jawa for a competitive advantage that now means absolutely nothing? I really hope you’re not going to just hang me out to dry.....
    benjammin wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I’m asking sincerely - what are your plans to reimburse my 700+ shards invested in Jawa for a competitive advantage that now means absolutely nothing? I really hope you’re not going to just hang me out to dry.....
    You've had the competitive edge for a LONG time. Offense sets are really amazing and you've been able to farm some really good ones because of your Jawas while those that didn't have well geared jawas are NOW able to farm them. They still have use in Sith Raid P4 against Traya with the thermal dets so its not like the effort into them is obsolete.
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    0.5% on protection only?
    Speed and Protection is heavily abused so I'm liking how they made them insignificant increase. 23.5% Protection is huge in g12 anyways.
    vice wrote: »
    who the hell came up with 3% increase for secondary speed stats? why not 5%? achieves the same amount of increase...
    or you could have just said +1 speed... unless there is potential for fatter secondary speed stats in the future but even if you had 30 speed, 3% will still be +1 speed, so why not just make it simple and say +1 speed?
    I think its because of consistency. Every single secondary stat has a % increase, including flat health, protection, offense stats

• Axiom
    39 posts Member
    That's the brief overview is it....okey dokey.

Very brief.
  • I was going to quote the first person that cried about leveling Jawa and how “poor you” it’s unfair but of course then 3 other people jumped in to cry about it... seriously get over it! If you’ve spent the time and resources to level your Jawa specifically for mods (like I did) firstly, you probably have a pretty robust collection of toons and this change wasn’t made with you in mind. Secondly you’ll be ahead of the game when they add two more Jawa and they become part of some crazy good team...

Next came the complaint about separating the currencies... this change makes sense and if any of you who have been only farming mods for a while have wondered “why am I so screwed on omegas all of a sudden?” it’s because when you were hitting higher level cantina battles with a few refreshes a day you were probably getting a couple omegas from it every day... there’s no omegas in mod battles... now you can get both omegas and mods while keeping the refresh cost lower... and seriously you don’t think they are going to add more toons to cantina battles? CG never said they weren’t going to add more toons to cantina... I didn’t hear anyone complain when they put KRU and his ship in there...

The changes they have laid out in this post are about as positive as any changes I’ve seen and things that we’ve all asked for for a long time. They even involved players and guilds in testing and for input... how much more do you want from them? They don’t have to ask our permission to make any of these changes yet they have improved their communication continually... is it perfect? No... it’s obviously impossible to please everyone but the communication has improved markedly since the game started.

...and seriously Boba... stop complaining about them trying to make money... we’ve been down this path already... the only reason this game exists and is continually improved is to make money... there’s no hidden agenda here.

• Hey!

I have triple checked the thread and i didin't find any info how the 6E mods are going to affect ships stats. It would be super nice to know something about that too. People who are contesting for the top position in fleet arena will get sweaty when they realize there is no answer for that.

Thanks in advance!
  • Lol @Schustring , you tried to make a few points, they were even almost decent, but, the omega daydream, is just that. You don’t get a couple omegas a day from the higher level battles lol, that’s an outright fallacy.
  • Mmm k Ghost... perhaps I’m wrong about that, it’s been a while since I’ve farmed cantinas... how about this, I got more omegas from higher level cantina battles than I did from mod challenges... fair?
  • And I’m still pretty sure they will release more toons to cantina (hint hint... help me help you CG... enfys)
  • I also never claimed how many refreshes I needed to get those... I’m still good with the currency separation... I always hated that they were the same... I hate to have to choose
  • I like the idea of balancing the secondaries while getting 6* mods. But I absolutely don't like the idea of getting the 6* mods. Just another implemented grind to keep the cash flowing. You could have balanced stats with 5* mods.
    Keeping the status quo of and honoring the existing investment is not demoting the existing investment to just a step on the way to the new maximum.