The Mod Changes Megathread

Replies

  • scuba
    12142 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Updated post with 5A vs 6E Primary Stat Values
    uqkEbwu.png

    Whoa, primary health from 5.88 to 16 and protection 23.5 to 24 from 5 to 6 dot? Did you post that correctly? That's serious adjustments to circle, triangle and cross health/protection primaries. Seems like a global mod shift, and an almost mandatory farm for new health primaries. As well as the additional step of upgrading them to 6 dot to replace a large portion of your mod inventory. I saw that were you balancing secondary stats to reflect top end 6A values, I assume primaries will also get balanced? (I might have missed that). CG_SBCrumb

    When mods first came out there wasn't a way to regenerate/heal/recover protection. It was a 1 and done kind of thing where as health healers have been in the game since the beginning. So it made sense that protection stats got huge boost in mods. Fast forward to today and there are lots of ways to regenerate protection. So to me this looks like a way to bring health modding better in line with protection modding. Part of the update was to boost lower utilized stats. I think they missed the mark on many however I think they may a good step with health.
  • scuba wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Updated post with 5A vs 6E Primary Stat Values
    uqkEbwu.png

    Whoa, primary health from 5.88 to 16 and protection 23.5 to 24 from 5 to 6 dot? Did you post that correctly? That's serious adjustments to circle, triangle and cross health/protection primaries. Seems like a global mod shift, and an almost mandatory farm for new health primaries. As well as the additional step of upgrading them to 6 dot to replace a large portion of your mod inventory. I saw that were you balancing secondary stats to reflect top end 6A values, I assume primaries will also get balanced? (I might have missed that). CG_SBCrumb

    When mods first came out there wasn't a way to regenerate/heal/recover protection. It was a 1 and done kind of thing where as health healers have been in the game since the beginning. So it made sense that protection stats got huge boost in mods. Fast forward to today and there are lots of ways to regenerate protection. So to me this looks like a way to bring health modding better in line with protection modding. Part of the update was to boost lower utilized stats. I think they missed the mark on many however I think they may a good step with health.

    Damage output will increase to balance it out. They did the same in HoDA when the introduced heroes that could deal MILLIONS in damage. The short term increase will be negated soon enough.
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • RufusDogbreath
    197 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Updated post with 5A vs 6E Primary Stat Values
    uqkEbwu.png

    It would seem tanks are going to get much more tanky with the relatively substantial Health, Tenacity, and Crit Avoidance boosts. Arena Squad Battles are going to get more difficult to complete within the 5 minutes limit, especially if this has the desired effect of shifting/lowering mod build focus away from Speed.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Can a dev or someone else answer this for me...in the tier 9 battles is the salvage gonna be the only reward or will be there a chance for random 5* mods as well?
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Whoa, primary health from 5.88 to 16 and protection 23.5 to 24 from 5 to 6 dot? Did you post that correctly? That's serious adjustments to circle, triangle and cross health/protection primaries. Seems like a global mod shift, and an almost mandatory farm for new health primaries. As well as the additional step of upgrading them to 6 dot to replace a large portion of your mod inventory. I saw that were you balancing secondary stats to reflect top end 6A values, I assume primaries will also get balanced? (I might have missed that). @CG_SBCrumb
    That's one heck of an overreaction. Protection mods will still be distinctly better than health mods for most purposes: 24% > 16%, and most characters already have more protection than health at high gear levels to begin with. The health mods will just be significantly better for those cases where you do want them, such as teams for the Nihilus phases of the Sith Raid.
  • This update looks like it is well thought out. I appreciate that my current mod investments do not go down the drain. Lastly mod energy is the best news I’ve heard in a really long time.
  • Jeric
    269 posts Member
    I'm curious why I keep seeing the 'we never asked for this' complaint so often. It's probably the most disingenuous complaint I see. Obviously things that nobody asks for can and do become popular or liked. Honestly it feels like a placeholder comment for unspecified annoyance, with a touch of egotism at thinking only ideas that came from a previously communicated idea are worthwhile. Also, it is said so often online it has lost its strength as much as a 7 year old using basic whine tactics like 'but he/she started it!'.

    It is certainly a new thing, but I can see the reasoning behind it, both in gameplay and in helping to make the game financially viable. And saying something is a cash grab is actually a compliment to the business mind that comes up with the grab if it works.

    Yeah, sucks for Jawa owners, but you got some use our of them. Yeah 6 dots will force people to grind to improve. Grinding is worth it if there is satisfying payoff. And character usefulness comes and goes and comes again. It's part of this game's lifecycle.
  • Jeric
    269 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Summary: I'm cautiously optimistic with this one.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Jeric wrote: »
    I'm curious why I keep seeing the 'we never asked for this' complaint so often. It's probably the most disingenuous complaint I see. Obviously things that nobody asks for can and do become popular or liked. Honestly it feels like a placeholder comment for unspecified annoyance, with a touch of egotism at thinking only ideas that came from a previously communicated idea are worthwhile. Also, it is said so often online it has lost its strength as much as a 7 year old using basic whine tactics like 'but he/she started it!'.

    Disingenuous? We asked for a way to manage mods more easily and effectively. We got that, and then added complexity and farming that we didn't want or need, and higher resource requirements to upgrade mods we didn't want.

    Wanted a time saver, got a grind.
  • I gotta admit that I like what I'm seeing. It's going to add another layer of complexity to the game overall, but it'll be interesting to see what this lets me do in game. Dedicated mod energy is going to be nice, though I assume that's more for getting the salvage than the mods. Still looks great and I'm eager to try it out!
  • @CG_SBCrumb Can we please have some sort of color blind settings for the new mod system? Because it's awfully hard to differentiate between green and gold and blue to purple. Please consider this for your large color blind player base.
  • I don’t like 6* mods basically. I think it will be too crazy
  • Globuhl
    719 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I’m assuming it’s still going to cost us credits to change mods on toons?
    You don't have to assume, it is the case in the screenshots CG shows.

    For instance, loadout assignment:

    d3gb2hluarvu.jpg
  • frankly i fail to see how increasing underutilized stats is going to increase diversity. perhaps some sets will be used more than they are now, but favoring certain stats over others i don't see changing much. speed is still king and will continue to be that way. stats aside from speed are probably already pretty diverse anyway simply because they don't matter very much. and you know what? they still won't.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Can we please have some sort of color blind settings for the new mod system? Because it's awfully hard to differentiate between green and gold and blue to purple. Please consider this for your large color blind player base.

    I believe the mods retain their A-E alphabet tier, which is a non color way to identify mods tier. That was a compromise for our color blind friends.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    This is such a bad idea... all we wanted was mod management.
  • frankly i fail to see how increasing underutilized stats is going to increase diversity. perhaps some sets will be used more than they are now, but favoring certain stats over others i don't see changing much. speed is still king and will continue to be that way. stats aside from speed are probably already pretty diverse anyway simply because they don't matter very much. and you know what? they still won't.

    I couldn't disagree more. All too often I hear speed is king, speed won't mean much we then you get 2 shotted by great offense. I never bought into the whole speed is king and I place 1st every night because of my....... OFFENSE & DEFENSE
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    frankly i fail to see how increasing underutilized stats is going to increase diversity. perhaps some sets will be used more than they are now, but favoring certain stats over others i don't see changing much. speed is still king and will continue to be that way. stats aside from speed are probably already pretty diverse anyway simply because they don't matter very much. and you know what? they still won't.

    I couldn't disagree more. All too often I hear speed is king, speed won't mean much we then you get 2 shotted by great offense. I never bought into the whole speed is king and I place 1st every night because of my....... OFFENSE & DEFENSE

    7qf4i8m1w0lw.png

    Lol every night!?? Come on man we can all see your profile.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    frankly i fail to see how increasing underutilized stats is going to increase diversity. perhaps some sets will be used more than they are now, but favoring certain stats over others i don't see changing much. speed is still king and will continue to be that way. stats aside from speed are probably already pretty diverse anyway simply because they don't matter very much. and you know what? they still won't.

    I couldn't disagree more. All too often I hear speed is king, speed won't mean much we then you get 2 shotted by great offense. I never bought into the whole speed is king and I place 1st every night because of my....... OFFENSE & DEFENSE

    7qf4i8m1w0lw.png

    Lol every night!?? Come on man we can all see your profile.

    Yeah, every night. If you're an active player you should already know that the swgoh.gg sync times aren't accurate. Nice attempt to troll though, I'll give you a 5/10.
  • frankly i fail to see how increasing underutilized stats is going to increase diversity. perhaps some sets will be used more than they are now, but favoring certain stats over others i don't see changing much. speed is still king and will continue to be that way. stats aside from speed are probably already pretty diverse anyway simply because they don't matter very much. and you know what? they still won't.

    I couldn't disagree more. All too often I hear speed is king, speed won't mean much we then you get 2 shotted by great offense. I never bought into the whole speed is king and I place 1st every night because of my....... OFFENSE & DEFENSE

    Just cuz this is the case in point here that is all too true,
  • Jeric wrote: »
    Yeah, sucks for Jawa owners, but you got some use our of them. Yeah 6 dots will force people to grind to improve. Grinding is worth it if there is satisfying payoff. And character usefulness comes and goes and comes again. It's part of this game's lifecycle.

    Well... we didn't all get some use out of them. I'm about a week out from the end of my Jawa grind and being able to finally do the crit damage mod challenges. Basically, I'm going to finish with them a couple weeks before they become much, much less valuable.

    Personally, I'm not too bent out of shape about it. I'm kind of enjoying the fact that I may be one of the players most screwed over by that particular change—being special can be fun, even if it's special in a bad way. That said, I agree with the other posters that it really would be nice to see some alternate use for this team somewhere, like with the monthly Ewok and Nightsister events.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    780 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    frankly i fail to see how increasing underutilized stats is going to increase diversity. perhaps some sets will be used more than they are now, but favoring certain stats over others i don't see changing much. speed is still king and will continue to be that way. stats aside from speed are probably already pretty diverse anyway simply because they don't matter very much. and you know what? they still won't.

    I couldn't disagree more. All too often I hear speed is king, speed won't mean much we then you get 2 shotted by great offense. I never bought into the whole speed is king and I place 1st every night because of my....... OFFENSE & DEFENSE

    If Offense and Defense are better than speed then why does everyone one of your mods have a speed secondary and not Offense/Defense Secondaries? And they all have Speed Arrows instead of Offense or Defense Arrows?

    Seems like you prioritize speed to me.
  • Looking forward to these changes a lot.

    At present I think most of us have been relying on a few trusted sources to help guide us on the best mod setups, but now will be better able to make solid decisions on our own. Can't wait!
  • I think I'm gonna do something I have never done until now which is: farming some tenacity modules... Combined with the mod loadout improvement, I will be able to switch to full tenacity loadouts for that #€&#%!!! Sith raid P1... Until it's nerfed because it somehow breaks the spirit of the raid ^^
  • So they say "Complete Mod Battles in preparation for tier 9."..... but at the same time they say, they will remove the reqirements for them with the update - So wouldn´t it be more efficient to wait until the update to complete all challenges, if I lack lets say the offense-challenge with first order? Or should I speedfarm FO now "in preparation to complete the challenge"? .....but then after the update I can do the offense-challenge without them anyways? So,what do they mean by that "in preparation"? Do you guys know how that works?
  • Leparine wrote: »
    So they say "Complete Mod Battles in preparation for tier 9."..... but at the same time they say, they will remove the reqirements for them with the update - So wouldn´t it be more efficient to wait until the update to complete all challenges, if I lack lets say the offense-challenge with first order? Or should I speedfarm FO now "in preparation to complete the challenge"? .....but then after the update I can do the offense-challenge without them anyways? So,what do they mean by that "in preparation"? Do you guys know how that works?

    They recommend that you complete all 8 levels of mod battles so that you can complete the ninth one when it’s introduced and be able to farm mod salvage. They’re removing requirements from mod challenges, which they don’t recommend completing since there soon won’t be any requirements.
  • I am very excited for the mod management update. Everything about it is going to improve my gaming life. Currently I don't go through the rigor of swapping mods, so run suboptimal arena and raid teams. I should see better results with mod Loadout swapping. And the ability to sort, filter mods by stats is a huge improvement. Soon I won't have to be toggling back and forth between the game and swgoh.gg to find my mods. And in these queries, I will be able to see who currently has the mod allowing me to quickly decide if I want to move the mod or not.

    I am very excited.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
Sign In or Register to comment.