The Marquee release structure owns bones.

1235Next

Replies

• Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    Sunod10 wrote: »
    What does “owns bones” mean?

@Sunod10 Means "has a spooky skelton inside it."
    tenor.gif?itemid=8654420

So you don’t know either.
  • I like the marquee releases...what else do you expect?
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited July 2018

tenor.gif?itemid=8654420

Think metaphorically.
    Lowani under two moons.
    Umbaya of crossed roads.
    Kiteo, his eyes closed.
    The river Temarc in winter.
    Temba, his arms wide.
    Mirab with sails unfurled.
    Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

• Sunod10
    211 posts Member

tenor.gif?itemid=8654420

Think metaphorically.
    Lowani under two moons.
    Umbaya of crossed roads.
    Kiteo, his eyes closed.
    Temba, his arms wide.

Ok. Star Trek.
  • @NicWester so Agree or disagree with me on this.

Marquee as is, at its core is good because it allows all players to unlock a character, evaluate and then decide whether or not it’s worth it to buy/farm later.

The period before a farmable location is fine because it gives exclusiveness to these new toons to whales and those willing to pay. The period before allowing them to be farmed isn’t too long really.

However....making them a part of platoons in TB is beyond pathetic and shouldn’t be done until they can be farmed by all.

Also, the fact that when they are released to farming locations it’s only to hard nodes or the Guild Store. It’s absolutely ridiculous that they’ll rotate the characters out of hard 20 energy nodes but won’t touch the GW, cantina or arena stores to allow some easier farming. Not to mention some of the characters could have been legendary but were released as marquee.

What say you?
  • Marquee events would be fine if they would release characters in other ways as well. Traya is the last character not to be released in a marquee event when the STR raid debuted 5 months ago. Because each character is released in the same way now, it makes any new releases very stale. I don't spend to star up characters, so every new marquee toon is very unexciting. I go in the event, use the required move, then hit auto until I've completed each tier. It's been over 7 months since ReyJ was released in a Hero's Journey and over 10 months since BB8 was released as a Legendary. Those 2 and Traya (maybe IPD in DSTB?) were our last unique events, which has made the game boring since all we get now is one marquee character after another. We need some other event to break up the monotony of how characters are released. A new TB, new legendary, new hero's journey, new raid, a ship raid, a new event, just SOMETHING different to get this game out of the rut it's in.

Also, adding almost every new character to only the highest cost energy nodes is ridiculous when most of them are just there to bloat the roster count. It should only be truly special toons that actually have use such as Bastila, Sion, Nest, and possibly Young Han. The rest should be in lower energy nodes or added to shops like GW, Squad Arena, Fleet, Cantina, etc. The events and ways to farm characters have become extremely limited and that is why the game has become so.....meh. It needs a shot in the arm as they say.
  • There....are.....FOUR.....LIGHTS!!!!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

tenor.gif?itemid=8654420

Think metaphorically.
    Lowani under two moons.
    Umbaya of crossed roads.
    Kiteo, his eyes closed.
    Temba, his arms wide.

It's funny because when I was in high school a friend tried to explain Darmok to me--very excitedly, might I add--and I've never been into Star Trek, but never been a hater either, but remember rolling my eyes and saying something like, "An entire culture that can only communicate through pop culture references? HUH! Yeah, right..."

Fast forward 20 years (give or take) and that friend does something dumb, so all I do is reply with a picture of a muppet frog drinking tea and think nothing of it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • > Things are not great right now, they could be better.

>> But things used to be worse! They got better, so they shouldn't get better again.

I'm glad you didn't run Apple back in the day, the Apple 1 comes out. The Apple 2 comes out and is better than the Apple 1.... and now let's stop making computers better now, because the way computers used to be was worse!
  • Marquee is > than what we had before, so I'll take it getting the toon unlocked at least for free. I think many though are getting worn down just by the sheer volume of hard-to-farm characters being put in the game. Between KOTOR and Solo it's been a flood of multiple entire factions. With the very slow pace that most can star / gear / omega / zeta characters it's just way too much right now; the feeling gets to be overwhelming to a degree rather than a fun carrot cause the carrot dangling is 1,000 miles in front of you.
  • I wouldn't mind if we went 3 months without a new character, we've had plenty for the year so far...let the next one count and be Revan in a legendary / journey type event!
  • Marquee events would be fine if they would release characters in other ways as well. Traya is the last character not to be released in a marquee event when the STR raid debuted 5 months ago. Because each character is released in the same way now, it makes any new releases very stale. I don't spend to star up characters, so every new marquee toon is very unexciting. I go in the event, use the required move, then hit auto until I've completed each tier. It's been over 7 months since ReyJ was released in a Hero's Journey and over 10 months since BB8 was released as a Legendary. Those 2 and Traya (maybe IPD in DSTB?) were our last unique events, which has made the game boring since all we get now is one marquee character after another. We need some other event to break up the monotony of how characters are released. A new TB, new legendary, new hero's journey, new raid, a ship raid, a new event, just SOMETHING different to get this game out of the rut it's in.

Also, adding almost every new character to only the highest cost energy nodes is ridiculous when most of them are just there to bloat the roster count. It should only be truly special toons that actually have use such as Bastila, Sion, Nest, and possibly Young Han. The rest should be in lower energy nodes or added to shops like GW, Squad Arena, Fleet, Cantina, etc. The events and ways to farm characters have become extremely limited and that is why the game has become so.....meh. It needs a shot in the arm as they say.

This.
  • 9500 views 32 upvotes, yeah I'm sure Marquee events are so great
  • Yep you haven't played this game for as long as us the grind isn't a pain to anyone but you make a lot of assumptions. Everyone has tonnes of 7* character and there was better ways to get characters but it was really only for the vets and whales.
  • Marquee are fine and all as a way to release more premium toons. There needs to be some side stuff though to play with while we go through the 6 month hard node farms.
  • Do marquee events still own bones now that you have seen platoon requirements?
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    Do marquee events still own bones now that you have seen platoon requirements?

Yes, because at least I can fill platoons up to tier 3. If the release methods had been unchanged, I probably wouldn’t be able to do even that...

This. In compete agreement. The node should relate to the worth (not monetary) of that character in the game, in terms of how powerful they are. Nihilus, Sion, Talzin etc offer hefty power to a squad and I don't think a full powered Mission Vao could take on one of those solo so, does she need a long term release? Couldn't they put her and big Z in the mid cantina after the event and say look a good duo to farm?
  • Cadmus
    28 posts Member
    Just my 2 cents, but in general I like that every character release is in the marquee style. I'm about 50-50 between gear up the 3 star and wait for release or go for the immediate 7 star. Having the (expensive) option is nice. I wouldn't mind, from either perspective, if everything came along a little faster (say 3 months instead of 6) after the event. I sincerely doubt I'd spend any more or less (if they added gear to the gambling packs, it would help maintain 'whale' supremacy despite reduced starring time). 6-9 months is an absurd amount of time unless they're releasing 1 character every 3 months.
  • And now embo joins the party of dust collecting characters just chilling for a year or more.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    I find that people complaing about the marque events are not effectively stating what the issue is. The marque system in of itself is good. We get a character at 3 stars for free, and the character stays p2p to get to 7 stars for like 6-8 weeks before everyone has a chance to unlock them to 7 stars through f2p methods.

The big issue with the current system is how many characters are being pushed out to use and how many characters are being put into hard nodes effectively shutting f2p players out from being able to obtain these characters for several more months. I like many players want to see CG take a step back from developing new characters and instead focus on creating new legendary events and fixing current issues with the current game.
  • Marquee wouldn’t be so bad If we didn’t have the last 24 toons in a row release in this way. Need something else from time to time.