First order in hpit

Prev1
What first order team can solo or auto rancor raid

Replies

• I’m not aware of any whole FO team that can solo the entire rancor, as you need toons with substantial turn meter reduction to do that. The only FO toon that could be helpful here is first Order Officer. Are you looking to do it in general or specifically FO? If you submit your roster via swgoh.gg that would help.
  • You can do it with zkru lead foo foe zkylo phasma ,
  • The whole thing? All four phases start to finish?
  • You can do it with that team:

5tqnryza92cx.png

• DarkArchon wrote: »
    The whole thing? All four phases start to finish?

Lol, yup
  • m8da64s9m66z.jpg

Can also be done with these 3
  • I stand corrected! Carry on!
  • Hk506 wrote: »
    m8da64s9m66z.jpg

Is this the right place to ask how that works? I didnt think they had enough tm manipulation
  • Hk506 wrote: »
    m8da64s9m66z.jpg

What are the mods or speed to be exact
  • I did it with Kru-L, FOSFTP, Executioner, Kylo, and FOO. All G12 with good mods though.
  • EduardoCadav
    390 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    @Makaidos KRU has ten down on basic, FOO has -50% TM on special every other turn, FOX has -50% TM on special which almost always every other turn (it's a 3 turn cooldown and depending on speeds, FOOs cooldown reduction occasionally gets out of sequence).
    FOX has his exponentially increasing damage output so quite quickly starts knocking off a few % per hit.

@shadow87654 wrt gear and mods it depends if you want to go auto or manual. On manual it can be done around g10 (g9 with god mods maybe) and with >80 spd added to FOO, protection on KRU and Crit damage/crit chance and health or offence on FOX. Don't worry too much about speed on KRU and FOX, KRU does nothing apart from ten down and FOX makes his own TM or gets called by FOO.

On auto though FOO will never call FOX so you need to add spd to FOX in that case too. But it's much safer to add FOST (TM gain about every other turn and speed down) and Phasma (TM gain every 3 or so turns and defence down to speed up the damage). FOSFTP or kylo both work too but the ideal is FOST and Phasma. Then it's pretty reliable auto with average mods I'd say.

If you don't have the zeta on KRU's lead then you'll need to add a lot of speed as there's no healing possible and as soon as you've lost FOO (who's quite squishy bellow G12) it's game over.
  • I’ve done it with a g6 Ackbar (no mods), g8 CLS, g8 FOO, g8 Thrawn, g10 Ezra.

Point is that we all know a whole bunch of maxed out toons are capable, whether in a full squad or even partial due to mods or otherwise. However, how does that help “most” people?

Some tend to dislike the minimalist approach, despite it being quite advantageous. It allows someone to be competitive at the highest level on the least amount of resources.

My squad above allows that, as all of those toons are a calculated step by step approach to success according to.. everyone who has ever responded to a question by a new person.

Phoenix > Thrawn > Empire > R2 > CLS > GMY > First Order > BB8 > RJT > Freedom to do whatever.

Within that process is a plethora of toons capable of contributing to raids. Some even capable of soloing Hancor. From that even a few are capable with little resources invested.

Team comp above allows #1 opportunity only halfway through the process of grinding through the events with very achievable resources. Anything above is just time shaved off the run.
  • There are a lot of squads that can do it now. I've done it on auto with JTR resistance too.
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Takes three times as long to get RJT than it does CLS, considering you can’t even farm two of the toons until level 85. My team can solo it substantially before then. Which is only in your best interest if you want Raid Han asap, with little investment.

If you’re a spender, than this clearly doesn’t apply because money can purchase any result you would ever want in this game. No thought. No challenge. No need to maximize what little you gain along the journey.

Edit: My squad is also only level 80 across the board except for level 51~53 Ackbar, and obviously no Zetas due to level.
  • @Turvantus the original question was "what first order team can solo rancor". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you want to talk about minimalist approaches though, then I do actually agree with you that the team you suggested is a very good choice. But, I'm not sure why you suggest it's so much better than what was presented in the thread above. For example It requires 16 toons, 5 for thrawn, 5 for r2, 4 more for CLS and then another 2 on the team itself all at about gear 8 or above (apart from ackbar).

Where as the team presented above consists of 3 easily farmable and broadly speaking useful toons that need no zetas with only one that needs fast mods. (by broadly useful I mean 1 good ship pilot and the 3 core components to teams that can get 1st in arena, solo over 2 phases of HAAT, post 1-2mil in HST, one of the best TW/TB teams and unlock a legendary character)

I'm aware that g10 or good mods can be difficult but I say that for the sake of prudence -- it's best to over estimate on the forums to keep expectations reasonable. I also don't think G10 is difficult to achieve given FOX and FOO are two of the more average/reasonable characters to gear in the game and ~80spd on a single character is very achievable for anyone farming mods properly.

I will admit it doesn't fall into the order that "everyone who has ever responded to a question by a new person" gives but maybe it's worth it for someone that wants to put in some "thought", have a "challenge" or "maximise what little you gain along the journey" ;)

anyway, apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread to talk about Ackbar teams and game progression.
  • They’re also all g12, and one could only assume modded above average. I understand it was asked specifically for FO. My reading comprehension is not flawed. However, your question was already asked and answered. There is no wrong in me painting different perspectives, for those that randomly drift in here for the sake of interest towards HPit.

In the meantime they get information on the specific, yet labor intensive approach, or the minimalist new player that obtains such methods just by doing what they should - getting event characters out of the way and being set up for success.

In this game as a new player, being able to achieve difficult things early is paramount. If my post didn’t pertain to you - ignore it. It’s that simple. Or rather is it shame on me for trying to be helpful to more than just one player?
  • New players aren’t supposed to be able to solo heroic raids. So saying that only X team can do it when they’re well geared and won’t benefit new players doesn’t make much sense in the context of the question.
  • @Turvantus I don't know how else to say this but third time's a charm...
    • 3 useful easy to gear characters, you will need at some point, that are very versatile and effective especially early in the game
    • easy free to play farming locations
    • gear 10, possibly gear 9, not gear 12
    • easy to acquire modding requirements
    that is objectively easier to achieve, earlier in the game, than 16 gear 8 characters including 2 legendary characters and a hero's journey character.

Your approach to game progression is of course the most recommended as it consistently works. I'm simply saying that there are other, off the beaten track routes, to achieve just as much, just as quickly, from a free to play perspective.
  • I'm farming kylo Ren kru and fox with sftfp and foo so could those solo it with plus 80 speed on 2 characters and g9
  • I can't guarantee 100% yes but I'm pretty sure you will be able to at that level. Just make sure tenacity down from KRU basic is used at the start of each phase. Put as much speed as you can manage on FOO and always call FOX using FOO's marching orders and FOSFTP's assist attack.

Good luck!
  • Question for @shadow87654 is, why does it have to be all First Order? Certainly there are FO teams that can do it, as others above have shown, but why limit your options to only that faction? There might be other options that could get you there more quickly, if we knew what you had available to work with.

V
  • Question for @shadow87654 is, why does it have to be all First Order? Certainly there are FO teams that can do it, as others above have shown, but why limit your options to only that faction? There might be other options that could get you there more quickly, if we knew what you had available to work with.

V

I don't want to work on empire as I'm running jedi and I don't see a use for them and I like first order because they can be used in haat hpit hstr and they're good for territory wars and battles
    https://swgoh.gg/u/shadow465/collection/
  • Understand now, thanks. Appreciate the additional context. One thing to think about is that Empire is a required gate to unlocking R2, which is a gate for Commander Luke. Also, there are some rotating Events that require an Empire squad, so you're probably going to want to work on them eventually, too. They're one of the core factions in the game, and you'll miss out on content without them.

That being said, I love playing with my First Order squad. They really are a lot of fun to use, so by all means focus on them. They're the gate to getting BB-8 (and therefore also JTR), so you definitely won't be wasting effort on concentrating on your FO. Going this route will put you a little out of alignment for the typical route of progression, though, so just be ready for that.
  • Understand now, thanks. Appreciate the additional context. One thing to think about is that Empire is a required gate to unlocking R2, which is a gate for Commander Luke. Also, there are some rotating Events that require an Empire squad, so you're probably going to want to work on them eventually, too. They're one of the core factions in the game, and you'll miss out on content without them.

That being said, I love playing with my First Order squad. They really are a lot of fun to use, so by all means focus on them. They're the gate to getting BB-8 (and therefore also JTR), so you definitely won't be wasting effort on concentrating on your FO. Going this route will put you a little out of alignment for the typical route of progression, though, so just be ready for that.

Yeah mainly going for empire with first order and cls hero journey characters side projects
  • Yeah mainly going for empire with first order and cls hero journey characters side projects

I know this is two months old, but i'll put my 2 cents in as I farmed FOO & FOx for Rancor and to get BB-8 for my 2nd account. I farmed KRU and put the zeta on him and also farmed other FO toons for a complete team. I have a friend who uses FO regularly for Rancor on auto and normally he goes through fine, sometimes he doesn't, so consistency isn't always there (and he has 1 or 2 at G12) I had been running zKRU, FOO, FOX, Jyn, and Thrawn (or Teebo, before KRU, i used Teebo lead, FOO, FOX, JYN, and Thrawn) but still had issues with getting hit by the rancor because the AI didn't handle it well on auto, so i basically had to babysit it. I could do it on manual every battle but who wants that?

I searched for your swgoh.gg account and it looks like you have CLS but not the FO toons yet, CLS is capable of solo'ing the rancor by himself, i think on auto, if he has high enough speed. If you can get your Han Solo to 7*, you can run CLS and Han; i think you need a zeta on Han and i don't know if it's required but CLS' It Binds All Things is a good zeta too. CLS is very useful in HAAT so you aren't out anything working on his zeta, gear, and mods.

You could also put a zeta on Vaders leadership which would give your other Empire toons TMR on their basics and keep stacking DoTs on the rancor which increases the damgage from Culling Blade. Tarkin already gives you TMR on his AoE, but i don't know if i have ever seen him use it in phase 4 since there isn't a door to attack. I normally don't like a zader lead because culling blade removes the tenacity down, but CLS puts it back rather quickly, i used to have issues on my main account before replacing TFP with CLS. You could run zader, tarkin, cls, maybe magmatrooper & Sun Fac as a rancor team with what you have now, and replace Sun Fac when you finish the next Thrawn event. If you plan to run an Empire team in arena or territory wars, you'd be better off saving an Empire leadership zeta for Palpatine rather than Vader.

Rancor is all about turn meter reduction, so if you want to solo, avoid toons that don't offer TMR unless they have some other usefulness like high damage. CLS makes that general rule a little more lenient. i would say tenacity down also, but CLS provides all the TD you need. If you put too many toons in that do not reduce turn meter in some way, you tend to get eaten or smashed by the rancor. That's why i don't run a complete FO team. As shown above, zKRU, FOX, and FOO can solo it, but it may not be as consistent as when you add CLS. I noticed when i ran zKRU without CLS, the AI would not apply TD on the rancor. Thankfully i ran my FOX at 80% potency, but TD helps a lot more and that is why CLS makes it much easier with a FO team.

• 5ilyouu4wt05.jpg

lol@that pic with KRU+FOO+Panda...
    but anyways...haven't managed to full auto with KRU+FOO+FOST+zKylo+Panda, mainly because FOO is too **** to give TM to Panda.
    however, managed to full auto with above team after manually doing Side Pigs.
  • on a side note, Rancor manages to get a turn here and there, but the squad was never in any real danger.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @Weltall

Stack enough speed and the Rancor will never get turns. Only the ones where it comes out of topple from the door. Edit - just realized you were auto'ing. Haven't tried yet. Once I 7* Han and do it for fun I'll try it on Auto

zVader is a decent team but really needs speed and higher gear to solo. FO can Solo it at G9 and if you can throw CLS or Thrawn in you could probably do it lower.

Can also just go in with Ackbar and CLS. Or just CLS himself.

uv96ibzecby4.png

zKRU G12+0 / 231
    zKylo G12+0 / 209
    zFOST G11+4 /194
    FOX G11+5 / 184
    FOO G11+3 / 260
  • This is amongst the weirdest threads I have come across.... Is there a synergized team out there that has more tm manipulation than FO?.....

07gx4fjpv00s.jpg

Masked Kylo provides tm boost on outrage, phasma puts speed down on the whole enemy squad with her AOE and gives speed up to the whole squad with victory march.... Foo does a huge tm down with his special, as does fox (while causing a ton of damage)....

The only one that doesn't manipulate tm on the squad is Kru..... But, he provides a taunt, and his zeta lead gives everyone +30 speed.....

What more do you want?
  • And KRU hands out 20% TM to any FO that criticals, after he's handed out Advantage for getting hit repeatedly as the constantly taunting tank.