The Mod Changes Megathread

Replies

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Inb4 half of the events get adjusted, and any new content created is designed to work with "recommended" 6A mods only. This hamster wheel is bad enough with needing brand new Marquee toons asap for TB, but throwing another p2w goal post is kinda harsh.

Well, that's powercreep for ya, as we get stronger the stuff we have to do in game gets stronger so things still stay in balance, but all older content will become much easier each go around.

I highly doubt speed will get "Taken of its pedestal" no matter how much they buff other stats. If your team never takes a turn, then you lose. Tell me a Finn zeta led team will be not focusing on speed so they can get the expose started? Say 2 resistance squads fight each other, who will win, the faster or the slower? (not to mention the fact that expose will ruin all this health increase)

Speeds going to forever play an important role in this game, unfortunately.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Are marquee events going to reward 6 dot mods instead of 5?
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

I think we’ll still get five dot mods from marquee events but we’ll be able to slice them to six dot.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    3pourr2 wrote: »

I think we’ll still get five dot mods from marquee events but we’ll be able to slice them to six dot.

Hmmm a blue 5 dot that’s 7 slices right?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited August 2018

Hmmm a blue 5 dot that’s 7 slices right?

1st slice to purple
    2nd slice to gold
    3rd slice to 6 dot
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    So white 6 dot is end of the line? 6 starts at e are we not getting them to 6 a? Or does 5a slice to 6a? @scuba
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    So white 6 dot is end of the line? 6 starts at e are we not getting them to 6 a? Or does 5a slice to 6a? scuba
    As far as I know 6E (white) is the end of the line for now
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Inb4 half of the events get adjusted, and any new content created is designed to work with "recommended" 6A mods only. This hamster wheel is bad enough with needing brand new Marquee toons asap for TB, but throwing another p2w goal post is kinda harsh.

Well, that's powercreep for ya, as we get stronger the stuff we have to do in game gets stronger so things still stay in balance, but all older content will become much easier each go around.

Will suffocate the new players out completely imo. I see so many people under 1mil gp just quit. Seems the game has come to "hang on to what we can earn from those already too deep into the game" rather than new customers.
  • @CG_SBCrumb
    will we be able to slice mods from 4A to 5A and then 6E ?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

Will suffocate the new players out completely imo. I see so many people under 1mil gp just quit. Seems the game has come to "hang on to what we can earn from those already too deep into the game" rather than new customers.

I think its more "hang on to the star wars fans too stubborn to quit" more so, I mean, this same game with a different license would be dead by now.
  • CG adding new energy for mods. So we have four type of energy. I think ı can manage some of them because of the money. My struggle is done. From this time to the end long live f2p!!!
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Something else that I forgot to mention. I don't know if this is even possible because you haven't shown us enough for me to know what splicing materials will look like. However if we have to farm splicing materials in missions and mods in challenges. It would be nice for us to get low level splicing materials from challenges when we are farming mods. This would be like how we get low dot mods from currently doing missions. It would make it much easier for us to get our grey and possibly green mods spl
    Cadmus wrote: »
    JohnAran wrote: »
    Cadmus wrote: »
    Overall, mod changes look cool. However... with the new energy I have nothing to farm with cantina energy. I realize this is a 'whale of a problem', but you want me to get my 600 tickets refreshing energy with which I don't really have anything to farm while mods and ship stuff is non-600 ticket eligibile energy. I already have this issue with campaign energy. Pretty annoying for those of us thatve spent cash to max out our rosters. Cantina is doubly annoying because there's not even any gear there. Shard shop only goes so far unless you're adding the new materials there and/or the cantina store. Tickets are supposed to be 'awarded' for routine activities, but you're turning that into a whole separate annoyance. Would rather you upped the max tickets and counted the new energies. As is, it's kind of an f-u to long time players/big spenders.

Unless you spent ridiculous amounts of money in the game to max out pretty much everything, you will always find a node useful to farm for something, be it cuffs or guns or even random lower gear for new chars or whatever.
    If you spent so much money there is literally nothing for you anywhere, don’t tell me you came all the way here to whine about a 50 crystal refresh a day when you give out thousands of dollars every month.

Well, I did say the cantina is particularly annoying since there's no gear there, but the point is that I should be able to farm what I want and still contribute to the guild. FYI, I still have 15 or so toons <g12 so I farm gear with normal refreshes for my tickets, but it's kinda boring and I don't really care about gearing them that much. In general though, I appreciate your updating me on how to progress my account... very insightful.

Overall, yes, the 50 crystal refreshes are pretty much what I came to whine about, yeah, and I think the thousands of dollars I spend every month give me the right to share my opinion that I don't like this.

Is this not the example of first world problems? You will get 600 tickets from refreshing you basic energy and getting all your bonus energy throughout the day. Use the basic energy on bottle neck pieces you know you will likely need for unreleased characters, and use your catina energy on KRU/Ship in catina for extra shards for the shard shop.
  • KyapaMartir
    23 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I think in general the mod change will be good. Especially the price drop on leveling mods.... thats was very very very prohibiting for many many players.

The only thing im absolutely disapointed by is the structure change that it wont need teams anymore?
    Why !? I mean this game is all about building teams... so now I have invested in jawas and loosing my investments. I mean for all other it is alright because... well jedi sucks we all know it... but they are jedi.. you cannot play a SW game without jedi... scoundrel are still used at least for both hesists... rebels are.. well they were awesome at some point, they still are good damage dealers and can be used in HAAT. First order are required for BB8 so.. still a use, empire are a great team.. I can see almost half of the PVP team sporting some empire in someway. And they have a few events. Resistance is needed to JTR and they have a fun play style.

So in the end I lost everything I put into the jawas and that nonsense... you should do something for all those like us who farmed jawas and that are now used nowhere.... I mean I dont even put them on deffence for TW I have better than those and they offer absolutely no challenge for any team that come for them.

Do something to make jawa relevant or something... please dont tell me I have wasted some wasted time (cause playing a phone game like that is already a waste of time.. please dont make it a double whammy waste of time.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • You didn't waste your time...your reward is all those crit damage mods you have farmed. Are you telling me that if you knew this was coming from the beginning, you would've left jawas alone and waited til August 2018 to start farming crit damage mods? A lot of folks whining about this.
  • I have 2 questions. Are gray mods, tier e still pretty much useless? For blue, purple and green mods, should I increase them to level 12 or 15 or 12 first and then take only the ones with speed to 15?
  • I don't get the anger over Jawa's at all.
    I farmed and geared them for the cd challenge until I got 3* then never used them again.
    At best they're a fodder team for twar or platooned.
    If anything I'm glad since I won't have to gear them further if they add another tier of challenges
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Here I am just so happy to not have to farm Jawa's :D
    Hey, my avatar changed, and hey, what happened to TVF
  • Yes, TVF has been unusually silent for a bit hasn't he.

I for one are glad that I no longer have to farm different teams I don't really want to farm to get one type of mod.

Kinda bored of potency mods and health mods. That said, it does mean I have to start farming all over again now.

I still will hate mods.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm not bitter at all about farming my Jawas, in fact the opposite. It's not because I use them either. They're terrible and not because I'm a sheep and only follow meta for whoever commented on that above. Please tell me how your Jawa team out performs and 5-10 other teams anywhere in the game? Throw out all the numbers you want, but even before I see them I'm calling lies. That's another subject though.

What I liked is it forced me to diversify and farm things I wouldn't normally. I mean now a new player gets in and they know they need X, Y and Z for this event or character. Back then it wans't defined yet because the events hadn't happened yet, but when they did I had a leg up. I liked the diversity. Now with nothing like this every new player will only farm the same groups of toons and the game will loose some diversity in my opinion. Hey who knows. Maybe they'll introduce a C3PO legendary event that requires Jawas and every new player will be scrambling instead of having a base.

I would suggest, or like to see, them maybe have it open for 1-4 star mods. Any team, but for 5 star mods you need the team. You can always buy 5 stars, but if you want to farm them you need a specific team. This will help new players get some benefit from mods early on but still force them to work to build teams to make their roster have more depth and work for 5 star mods, not just get them handed to them.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    Overall change looks good to me. I like the idea that I can upgrade my existing mods rather than farm them all over again. Thank you for that!

My biggest concern is the availability of slicing mats. I would like to be able to slice a mod at the *very* least once a day without energy refreshes, preferably more. Please, don't make them as scarce as the ship ability mats.

Do you think you can increase mod storage in preparation for this update? Mine's been full (tier 5 only) for a while now. I really don't want to sell any of the potentially useful mods.
  • I am also overall pleased with the changes. Mod slicing is the best way to do 6 dot mods, and mod loadouts will be life changing.

My main concern is with the new energy and managing raid tickets. Players only have so many crystals to spend on energy refreshes each day. If mod energy doesn't contribute to raid tickets, it will force some players to choose between getting their raid tickets and farming mods.

I propose that the raid ticket calculator counts EITHER your cantina energy spent or mod energy spent, whichever is higher. That way players who have finished most of their cantina farms and are more focused on mods can do so without hurting the guild. Further, I would change the Sunday daily guild activity to count both cantina and mod energy, or the higher of the two. @CG_SBCrumb
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Would it be great that mod energy count towards raids, absolutely, but I'm not sold this is a must have. I mean we are getting a new set of energy with free daily refreshes that we didn't have before. Not sure how much energy, but let's say it gets us 8 free mods a day. Not sure how we can complain about that. If people are not sure how to refresh with their crystals and have to pick it sounds like a thoroughly 1st world problem to me.
  • Didn't say it was a must have. It's a "would be nice to have". Also not trying to complain, just suggesting an improvement to the overall excellent update. Thematically it doesn't really make sense that 2 of the 4 energy sources don't count towards raid tickets. I totally understand not wanting to overhaul the raid ticket numbers to accommodate the new energies though and just wanted to suggest a possible solution.
  • As a guild officer of a somewhat laid back HSTR guild I can just foresee issues with people getting their tickets as a result of this. Trying to avoid the future headache that will cause. :smile:
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Macattack9 wrote: »
    As a guild officer of a somewhat laid back HSTR guild I can just foresee issues with people getting their tickets as a result of this. Trying to avoid the future headache that will cause. :smile:

Yeah, people in my guild have been buying ship energy refreshes and then are surprised when we flag them for insufficient tickets. It's not intuitive.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes, TVF has been unusually silent for a bit hasn't he.

I for one are glad that I no longer have to farm different teams I don't really want to farm to get one type of mod.

Kinda bored of potency mods and health mods. That said, it does mean I have to start farming all over again now.

I still will hate mods.

Honestly my main concern is how rare the slicing mats will be, if too rare, this entire update will bomb, if too common, then that's good, but I doubt we'd ever get that because with new nrg I can tell that it will be a slow grind for them unless we pay for refreshes daily. May just be as common as gear drops... Though really my concern is with how slow ship nrg refreshes. Will it take 2 days to cap out? Kinda forcing us to refresh unless we all fall massively behind? Really hoping this does not hurt f2p but actually helps them out.

And yeah I agree, all my mods are potency or health, so having the option for more sets will be a great change, Not been able to farm for the other squads yet so at least in that respect its good, but mods really do make the game way to rng dependant. In the end, the true meta will always be whoever has the best mods.

And with tvf and also nicwester apparently, they both have the banned tag, so must have posted something that got deleted. :o
  • This all a big headache for me. That’s now what games are suppose to do right?
  • If one of the goals here is to make mods simpler, then I have 2 suggestions:

1) Don't have both flat and % mods for things like defense. It is impossible to know what a +10 defense substat does. It doesn't add 10 to anything. And we really don't need both flat and % on most stats. I know some other games do this, but in those games it is very clear what +1% or +10 mean. In this game it is gibberish as often as not.

2) Make the % substats like defense actually add the stated % to the stat in question. Again, look at defense - a 1% defense mod does not increase your armor by either 1% of it's base value, nor 1% of it's current value. And it is impossible for most of us to understand how it impacts other stats like resistance. Some folks on Reddit figured out the formula, and it is ridiculously non-intuitive.

Fundamentally you have a hard-to-understand mod system because you have stats like offense and defense that impact multiple stats on your character sheet. Until you fix that, the rest look like nice changes, but they aren't really addressing the problem.

1000x this
    Hodor