Promote to 7* or keep at 6*?

Hello All,

I have been working on a Luke since the game launched and he is now 6* and 3/100 shards towards 7*. That is going to be a LOT of Cantina farming (100 shards * 8 energy * 20% drop = 4000 energy = 33 refills = 2 weeks).

He is easily in my best 5 lineup but I was wondering if it is worth keeping him at 6* and start farming up someone else (Talia? Consular? Wookie?) to get them to 6*.

Just seems like such a huge amount of grinding on those shards when it might be better to have a bunch at 6* for things like GW or L&D.

Love to hear your thoughts!

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Im focusing a top 5 general team before branching out an searching balance.

That means i farm from each avenue to the max i can and when they hit 7* i will start another project. Rinse an repeat
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    How good is luke? I need to replace either fett, or my counsler. Fett doesnt hit hard enough, and ability block is too random, and I run 2 jedis and almost every team has a SID. Wookie+Fett+Sid isn't enough to get rid of the opponents sid for me and my Counsler and Luminara misses him 99% of the time. Does your luke hit a lot harder than Luminara?
  • Best people to farm for are arena, cantina, and GW shipments.

With that said, its really up to your team. If your team is atleast all 4* then why not. It's really what you like and want to improve the most.

Me? If I have someone I'm planning on useing pretty much all the time, then I stick to that person's shard to get it to 7*. Such as I did with jc.
  • @ewok I really like the Luke. Lots of crit, decent speed, stuns, DoT and a situational leader ability. Not sure on the Luminara, I dont have it.

Great points on just getting someone focused and done. I use the Talia / Consular but I will get Old Daka at some stage (I have 117/80 shards to unlock her but i am hoping for an Xmas sale on gems to dip my toe into Chromium packs... that way I dont waste 80 shards. A man can dream right?)

A little daunted when I stare down 3/100 shards though :(
  • the problem is GW and Arena require tou to have maxed chars to have a chance. Since by the time you reach some lvl 6 and 7 you mist likely have finished all normal Light and Dark battles, Arena and GW require the best possible team. No help in having 10 5*, you better have 5 7*. As you learn more, then you invest in maxing out synergistic chars. The only exception is if you found out you are leveling ehat you now consider a B-team char. If so I'd swtich. Waiting 2 weeks to star a B-character is even more boring -unbearable- that the boring grind from 6 to 7 stars for an A-guy.
  • GW can be good aor bad, its really luck of the draw an the teams you get.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but what I've been doing is waiting to drop in my PvP bracket before starting GW. I seem to get easier fights all the way through. I was started GW before I started dropping and I was running into much harder fights.

Might be just been lucky lately with the draws, but that's how I'm doing GW and so far it works
  • I am not sure cause for arena it's good to lvl the strongest 5 to 7*. But GW needs a rotation of toons for me at least, unless u get very good toons to level for your top 5. Other than sideous and luminari, I do feel quite conflicted cause I do not have a good damage dealer after they correct the bug for resistance trooper.

Should I upgrade JC to 7* or should I get luke?
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Personally my Cantina mission farming heroes are the furthest promoted so far, so I wouldn't say 20% drop by any means. Have some very good and very bad runs, but on average would say it feels like 30%-40%.

Unless you have 5 other heroes at 7★ I would keep going with Luke.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Thanks guys. My team has a 6*, 5* and rest 4* at the moment, so if I switched from trying to take Luke to 7 and went JC or Talia to 5* it probably wouldnt be all bad. But it would delay maxing out Luke who is the toon I want to build a team around.
  • I haven't yet done even second round of cantina fully, last fight is still quite tough for my lvl troops. But for me it seems to drop very rarely all shards, except luke and chew shards are maybe 50%+ and other maybe 10% ...RNG perhaps, perhaps not. What I mean, maybe not all shards have the same drop rate?
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Cantina is the hardest farming for me since you only get 13-17 credits per game for packages. Compare that to Galactic or Squad, which for me is much more profitable....
  • Ahh, but the shards that drop from the missions are really good!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    7* and be done with it. it's one less open project to worry about.
    mighty chlorians
  • If you have Luke at 6 definitely finish him. I kind of regret moving away from JC at 5 to farm Kylo..
  • But then again I was all over the place farming toons the first week and a half... If I had focused JC would be close to 7 by now. Even farmed Luke, but decided to wait until I unlocked his higher cantina level in hopes of better drops
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    My Dooku is 4*. Ever since day 1 of global release, I do his 2 nodes 3 times each for 6 chances at his shards per day. I currently have 16/65 shards for him. For me, this is a ridiculous farm. However, from canteena i already have 48 shards for Kylo Ren.
    Luke at 6* wont improve much once he is 7* due to the parabolic nature of stat gains from star promotion, and are only noticeable (and only barely) in mirror matches.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • i have 7*-d my Luke yesterday (lvl55; power:4118) It doesnt make much difference imo
  • Right now my main Focus is Sid, Fives, & Lumin
  • i have 7*-d my Luke yesterday (lvl55; power:4118) It doesnt make much difference imo

Senpai, I think you are on my server. I see you use Luke as leader.

See, this, plus the parabolic nature of the stats means it is probably better for me to go 6* for anything that I use that can be farmed from there. Thats why I am so confused!
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Keaven wrote: »
    Personally my Cantina mission farming heroes are the furthest promoted so far, so I wouldn't say 20% drop by any means. Have some very good and very bad runs, but on average would say it feels like 30%-40%.

Unless you have 5 other heroes at 7★ I would keep going with Luke.

This post makes a lot of sense to me. In my experience along with reading a lot of higher lvl peoples opinions here I've come to think that most players in the game are viable, given that they are surrounded by players that compliment them. Some characters can also completely change from one star to the next, or one gear lvl to the next. I was about to completely ignore JC. Then upgraded him to 4* from 3* without adding gear (2 slots from lvl 7 gear) and he seemed like a different player. Really good game so far!