Player compensation over mods

Prev13
So been seeing a lot about the new mods and how a lot of the players who put the time and energy in to farm them are getting pretty screwed over. All the work into jawas (only challenges I haven’t done but now I can stop farming jawas as it’s a waste) and The thousands of cantina energy put into mod battles all for it to change and newer players don’t have to deal with any of these struggles, so where do the long time players who have done the work for it stand in this? Other than potentially having a ton of mods that will be totally useless. Just curious on devs input and other players thoughts.

Replies

• I think they can compensate by making jawas required for a C3p0 legendary event.
  • Everyone says ewoks, but I'm sticking to my word on jawas.
  • compensation? lol
  • Everyone says ewoks, but I'm sticking to my word on jawas.

Fingers-crossed for Jawa requirement too. Makes a lot of sense - and they now have 0 use in the game without them adding something new like a legendary that requires them.

As an alternative - I think a Jawa-only event that rewarded slicing materials could be good as well.

@CG_SBCrumb - Hear our cry! haha
  • Masterme21 wrote: »
    So been seeing a lot about the new mods and how a lot of the players who put the time and energy in to farm them are getting pretty screwed over. All the work into jawas (only challenges I haven’t done but now I can stop farming jawas as it’s a waste) and The thousands of cantina energy put into mod battles all for it to change and newer players don’t have to deal with any of these struggles, so where do the long time players who have done the work for it stand in this? Other than potentially having a ton of mods that will be totally useless. Just curious on devs input and other players thoughts.

I think people just don't understand this update. Nobody is getting screwed and no mod is becoming useless.

Because your lower tier mods can be sliced, they are, in fact, more potentially useful than ever. Now a lot of that depends on how expensive it is to do that. None of your current mods are rendered obsolete because you can slice the best ones to 6E. If you couldn't do that and had to farm new mods perhaps they would be obsolete.

And where does anyone stand? Nowhere. There will be no compensation, and there is no need to be compensated for anything. You farmed Jawas way back to do something, and then you could do it, and then you did it for a long time. Newer players perhaps don't need to do that -- so what? This recent nonsense of "I expect to be compensated for playing the game in the past" is a bit out of hand now.
  • Newer players still have to farm everything from Marquees from the start, we still have to farm the mods in the first place, good ones are few and far between, we still have even tighter resources, we still have gearing many, many toons to deal with.

Sure, we don't have to farm otherwise worthless teams anymore but we still have a lot of work anyway.

From what I understand the game was much easier to deal with back in the day.

Conclusion: Tough. You got to deal with all the nonsense in this game gradually, us newbies have it all to deal with it all at once.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    It seems like you don't understand what was said in the mod post. And in regards to Jawas, tough ****. You have a team already farmed that will likely be used for something else in the future.
  • The "compensation" for farming Jawa was the competitive advantage having those mods gave you over those that did not have them... enjoy!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Schustring wrote: »
    The "compensation" for farming Jawa was the competitive advantage having those mods gave you over those that did not have them... enjoy!

This.

They are not taking anything away from players who earned these mods "the old way". So there is no need for compensation.
  • Doxige
    98 posts Member
    The compensation was the mods you recieve, good or bad...
  • The energy change is a boon to all players, new and old unless you're the kind of person who has absolutely collected every single cantina character possible in which case... Stop complaining, you're so far ahead of everyone else it shouldn't bother you :p

They know a lot of players put the effort into them and I personally feel that they will likely get some sort of special event that rewards the new slicing material but requires Jawas to run. That being said, even if they abandon Jawas to the pits of hell where they belong, good riddance... Older players like ourselves farmed them, did we have fun doing so? Honestly, this is a good QoL change that I'm personally glad new players won't have to suffer through just to get access to basic mods. Tying the mods behind faction requirements was obscene to start with.
  • I got the Jawas a few months back, and I farmed CD mods just long enough to get Wedge a solid set before it seemed wiser to devote all my refreshes to Vet farming. I don't have a deep roster of CD mods, but the idea that my Jawa farming was "wasted" or hasn't gotten me anything is laughable. I stay top 100 and sometimes top 50 in Arena, I'm top 10 and usually top 5 in raids, I destroy LSTB missions, I have a strong team for TW... Having that set on Wedge alone means he hits like a truck and keeps me raking in rewards.

I've really enjoy this game for the 8ish months I've been playing, but if someone asked me if they should try the game out, I might say no. Starting from scratch as a new player now seems like an extremely daunting task. I think it's good for the health of the game if CG makes fewer squads required for basic but necessary things like mods; new players have a giant mountain to climb as it is.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    As one of those "screwed over", I'd say suck it up. Yeah, we put extra effort into Jawas to get those all-important crit dmg mods, but really it's not like we had to g12 them. I believe mine were g8 when I 3-starred the top tier. Not even lvl 85. I think I spent like a week getting them ready.

I'm just ecstatic we don't have to farm 6-dot mods! The way they handled that was excellent.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    People who pay for new characters aren't "compensated" when those toons become free to play. The competitive advantage those players get while others don't have access is their reward for paying.

Why would mods be any different? If you farmed Jawas, you had CD mods for a long time, and you have jawas for platoons and maybe for TW if you geared them.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I’m sure they will gladly take all the mods that you were awarded and give you 100 crystals and a few chewy shards.
  • Viserys wrote: »
    Masterme21 wrote: »

I think people just don't understand this update. Nobody is getting screwed and no mod is becoming useless.

Because your lower tier mods can be sliced, they are, in fact, more potentially useful than ever. Now a lot of that depends on how expensive it is to do that. None of your current mods are rendered obsolete because you can slice the best ones to 6E. If you couldn't do that and had to farm new mods perhaps they would be obsolete.

And where does anyone stand? Nowhere. There will be no compensation, and there is no need to be compensated for anything. You farmed Jawas way back to do something, and then you could do it, and then you did it for a long time. Newer players perhaps don't need to do that -- so what? This recent nonsense of "I expect to be compensated for playing the game in the past" is a bit out of hand now.

It is a perfect example of today's problem, the entitled generation.
    This.

Why in the world would you be compensated for something you benefit from?

• It’s kind of the equivalent of requiring someone to farm 7 Characters to 7* & gear 8 to unlock Jedi Training Ret... then after you’ve done all the work Capital Games announces “Hey everyone! We’ve decided to give everyone access to JTR. Just use whoever you want.”

Similar. I’d be mad. 7* Jawas required work and rewarded exclusive access. Same with JTR. I’m not a big fan of the change but I can see how Capital games makes this change. Many Beginning players basically ignored mods and didn’t do anything with them and farming a faction to unlock a new type was never going to happen. This is Capital games trying to improve mod participation for new players who could care less about mods.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The "compensation" for farming Jawa was the competitive advantage having those mods gave you over those that did not have them... enjoy!

This.

They are not taking anything away from players who earned these mods "the old way". So there is no need for compensation.

Exactly. The massive disadvantage that someone who picked up the game today and started playing would be the fact that they have not farmed a single toon or piece of gear, let alone good mods, before now. They have missed every Marquee character and other periodic free bonus stuff that CG has thrown at us. I want my account, not a new one. Thanks.
  • I'm with you all. But, lets face it, at the end of the day having 5 useless 7* Jawas is kinda lame. I could have used that time and gear elsewhere.
    No compensation, please - but a legit place to use my Jawas WOULD be appreciated.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • CamaroAMF
    1281 posts Member
    I’ve played since day one and have no problem with it. No one is getting screwed over. Requirements to 3* mod challenges are very low anyway. 5* toons at G7/G8 were adequate. Existing mods aren’t losing any value either.

I’d actually argue new players are getting screwed with how secondary stats are going to work after the change. No guaranteed speed upgrade on greens that start with speed. Worse chance of speed upgrading on blues and purples.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    I’ve played since day one and have no problem with it. No one is getting screwed over. Requirements to 3* mod challenges are very low anyway. 5* toons at G7/G8 were adequate. Existing mods aren’t losing any value either.

I’d actually argue new players are getting screwed with how secondary stats are going to work after the change. No guaranteed speed upgrade on greens that start with speed. Worse chance of speed upgrading on blues and purples.

But everyone keeps ignoring the new advantage that we will all be getting... more mods with speed secondary stats. I can farm a grey mod and it will have all 4 stats unlocked for me to see. Just a few months ago we were all selling mods that could potentially have a speed secondary that we couldn't see, that wouldn't have been upgradable even if we knew it was there. Now we will know its there and we will have the change of it upgrading.
  • It's not like you were in the process of farming the Jawas and nearly had them completed athe day they made the announcement...unlike some of us newer players. At least I don't have to level/gear them now...
  • I really have no problem with removing the faction requirements either. It opens the cone of progress for newer players.... But I'll still say jawas for C3p0... As they now have no "place" in the game.
  • I'm annoyed that I farmed Jawas to 5* last month and now find I could have just waited. But what are you gonna do?

Well you could give me the guild currency back at least?
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

This.

Sorry, but this is not true. At least not in general.
    If you belong to an arena shard were the first players who decided to go for Jawa/mods just finished farming them and could now start farming restricted mods, nobody has yet been able to enjoy any competitive advantage. In fact, half of the playerbase within those shards*** is currently suffering the negative side of a chosen trade-off and will never see the positive effects.
    Call it bad luck for the midgame players, lucky for newbies and so-what for elder gamers, but not "This.". That's dismissive.
    *** Fictional stats, but you get the meaning.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    vksg wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

This.

Sorry, but this is not true. At least not in general.
    If you belong to an arena shard were the first players who decided to go for Jawa/mods just finished farming them and could now start farming restricted mods, nobody has yet been able to enjoy any competitive advantage. In fact, half of the playerbase within those shards*** is currently suffering the negative side of a chosen trade-off and will never see the positive effects.
    Call it bad luck for the midgame players, lucky for newbies and so-what for elder gamers, but not "This.". That's dismissive.
    *** Fictional stats, but you get the meaning.

Even in that scenario, they are not taking anything away from anyone.

How a player chooses to develop effects them in many ways and as I said there are people on either side of every change, but they are not removing anything. Them changing the path for players to achieve a goal is not a detriment to those that took a different path, not to any extent that would require compensation.

If someone chose to farm jawa at the detriment of their development or arena rank or some other measurable, it is still just their choice and path for development. Sure it's not ideal, but it also wasnt a huge disadvantage to take the time to farm those toons if done correctly.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    This is a ridiculous request from the OP. The benefit you got was being able to farm CD mods for a long period of time. You don’t need any other benefits.
  • mrjazz
    116 posts Member
    1.New players doing this won't be in your PVP shards, so don't affect you at all
    2.Your account will be way more advanced than a new player
    3.You had an advantage at one time, now there is a new style of play, don't see meta changes asking refunds.

This discussion has been closed.