A Very Brief Overview of Upcoming Mod Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Vendea
    39 posts Member
    Kenjiro wrote: »
    Any refunds of the precious resources we spent for the damned jawas???

I just finished my Jawa farm. Am I a little annoyed that I won't get to use them in mod battles? Yes. But they have other uses like TW, TB, and STR. So oh well. What next, ask for a refund of everything I spent on Phoenix to get Thrawn because other people have him now so my "competitive advantage" is gone?
  • JDMJ
    5 posts Member
    2v6yqa0gua7i.jpeg

This probably should have been our clue that they were going to be removing faction specific requirements for challenges.
  • benjammin wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I’m asking sincerely - what are your plans to reimburse my 700+ shards invested in Jawa for a competitive advantage that now means absolutely nothing? I really hope you’re not going to just hang me out to dry.....

I couldn't agree more. Hey, its hard for me to advance in my arena shard because I don't have Traya so can you remove Traya for me? I thought not. I think changing the rules during the game is a terrible idea.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So the player base wasn't "engaging" with mods, so you made it more complicated, more confusing and probably more expensive from a time and resource perspective?

Interesting "solution".

Given the recent direction of the "fixes" for the past year, I am deeply concerned about this rework.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I think that mod changes will help everyone understand mods
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • So the 6* mods are coming when ?
  • I think next week
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    So the 6* mods are coming when ?

August... Oh wait.
  • @Can't see who you are replying to on mobile. But you are supporting my point.
    Vendea wrote: »
    Kenjiro wrote: »
    Any refunds of the precious resources we spent for the damned jawas???

I just finished my Jawa farm. Am I a little annoyed that I won't get to use them in mod battles? Yes. But they have other uses like TW, TB, and STR. So oh well. What next, ask for a refund of everything I spent on Phoenix to get Thrawn because other people have him now so my "competitive advantage" is gone?

You should IF they remove Phoenix restriction for Thrawn event....

• I like the update, it looks very good but the only th8ng I have a problem with is not making new players build factions up to open a specific mod challenge. It should be hard to open speed, crit damage. This game has always been based on weighing decisions and that shouldn’t change. There has to be some requirement, plus it introduces people to toons that they might never farm if they did not have to. I mean u should have to invest in factions to open a type of mod and just not given seems pretty unfair for old players. It’s easy to get any toon up to 5* anyway and most can easily be beat at gear 8. Just my 2 cents but ty for info on update regardless
  • Boofpoof
    318 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    An interesting read and something that I would have to see and play for myself to give an honest opinion. On paper there are some parts that look good and other parts that at best look very confusing. Really at this point I only have one question and two suggestions.

The question: @CG_SBCrumb you recommended upgrading green, blue, and purple mods. To what level? Level 12 to where all secondary stats are revealed or just the levels to upgrade only the secondary stats that are visible (a green mod to Lvl 3, a blue mod to Lvl 6, a purple mod to Lvl 9)?

The suggestion: The cost to upgrade was reduced but it still costs too much with the mod inventory I would imagine many of us have. A “free” week to upgrade current mods would be a good gesture of good will to restore some of the blunders made this year. And an increased cap in the mod inventory would be a welcome change!
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • This is the longest "brief overview" I've ever seen.
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Chocov24 wrote: »
    Chocov24 wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    The more I'm thinking about the energy change, the more concerned I am. There are two issues now that I see

1) This one I mentioned in my previous posts: Older players who are currently refreshing cantina energy and earning guild tickets no longer will, since they already have all the cantina characters. Since the new mod energy does not earn tickets, some people are going to struggle to get to 600.

2) Newer players (and by newer I'm meaning people in the 6-12 month range) who still need items from the Cantina shipments now have to decide whether to spend refreshes on mods or Cantina. If they spend them on mods, they not only don't get character shards, but they don't earn the cantina tokens because the new mod energy doesn't reward them. This means it will take them longer to get the characters in the Cantina store. Under the current system, these players could farm mods and still earn guild tokens to get the stuff they need from the Cantina store. Not anymore.

I'm not entirely sure how this is going to play out, but #1 I think is the biggest issue. As an officer or a guild, getting every member to get 600 tickets every day is about the worst thing we have to do. I'm sure other officers of guilds will commiserate. It's going to be even tougher now.

Wow congrats on being the guy who actually complained about mods getting their own energy. Proving that people will in fact complain about anything.

It's not a complain about the energy, they remove the factions so all the efforts in a useless faction that most of us did (gear, cantina energy, guild tokens, credits, etc..) now they remove that and also add the energy for mods that doesn't take your attention from the toons that you are farming? is the benefits that they new guys are getting. at least leave the faction requirements so they have to spend on them!

Actually, the energy part is rather important, if only because once you have all the cantina chars mixed out, You have no reason to spend cantina energy. So that effectively kills cantina dead, no use for chars, no use of energy for mods, means no cantina tokens, and that means no prints or shards to convert . This separate energy is going to cause a little bit of backlash once folks realize the hit to the cantina tokens.

Excellent point!! Did they analyze this stuff before? I wont spent a dime on of that mods energy. and i'm 6 toons away from not using cantina energy at all. The Cantina Tokens I use them for shard credits and ship credits so their lost.

Cantina table are still adding more characters. They still have characters from Solo and KOTOR characters that can be added there
  • So... jawas will be become officially absolutely useless?
  • So... jawas will be become officially absolutely useless?

I wouldn't say "absolutely" but pretty close. Don't forget they get a bonus in HAAT!!! :)

There was another thread going over the maths of CD v Offense. Seems like toons with CD (natural + modded + synergy bonuses) over 50% will still have a damage advantage over offense mods. Still feels like a slight of hand though, everyone was focused on CD mods and then SURPRISE you should have been looking at offense the whole time.

Mods are by far the most complex component of the game and these changes only exacerbate this issue.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    I still don’t get it. Can anyone clarify please?
    I have for example arrow mid with speed primary. I want it to slice to 6E. Will his primary/secondary stats rerolled or just upgraded too?
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    I have for example arrow mid with speed primary. I want it to slice to 6E. Will his primary/secondary stats rerolled or just upgraded too?

Just upgraded. Mobile Gamer did a great summarization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyaAr4_XlLU
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm very excited for this update! Setting aside the now useless jawas (a minor issue at most), the bigger deal is that all of our 5-dot mods won't in fact be rendered useless by the introduction of 6-dot mods. That's freaking huge!! Why is that not the primary topic of discussion? I think CG deserves congratulations on side-stepping that huge pothole.

It does remain to be seen how difficult it is to acquire slicing materials. It better be plentiful for non-6E materials at the very least.

My only other concern is the balance between stats, with the changes. That's a drastic change, and I'm not sure where it'll settle out.
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    I'm very excited for this update! Setting aside the now useless jawas (a minor issue at most), the bigger deal is that all of our 5-dot mods won't in fact be rendered useless by the introduction of 6-dot mods. That's freaking huge!! Why is that not the primary topic of discussion? I think CG deserves congratulations on side-stepping that huge pothole.

It does remain to be seen how difficult it is to acquire slicing materials. It better be plentiful for non-6E materials at the very least.

My only other concern is the balance between stats, with the changes. That's a drastic change, and I'm not sure where it'll settle out.

I don't disagree with this. The initial rollout of mods was so complex that this is probably the best solution you could have to create parity among secondary stats. Why they thought rolling it out with Health, health %, def, def %, etc was a good idea is, well, a moot point because they're there.

I really like that 6 dots will bring balance to those secondaries and allow you to simply look for health, speed, crit chance, protection, etc secondaries.

Plus, not making 5 dot mods obsolete is huge.

I'll join you in congratulations. We knew this was coming. Most people probably feared the rollout. Count me among the impressed.
  • I'm still not sleeping on jawas. There's still no C-3PO in the game and what a better way to drum up some revenue than require an 'opposing' faction (Empire for R2, Rebels for EP, FO for BB8) with almost no other utility than to get access to a 7* toon.

And then maybe require him for a hero's journey sometime down the road....Maybe a hero for a faction that could use a bump, that could counter the current (and potentially long standing) meta of the Sith Triumvirate???

Where did I put my tinfoil hat?
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Just upgraded. Mobile Gamer did a great summarization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyaAr4_XlLU

Thank you!
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    The only change that makes zero sense is the 3% increase to flat speed. So a mod that currently has 9 speed, would get +0.27, so 9.27, which I am guessing rounds back down to 9? Why not just call it zero? or better yet, have it be a +3 flat speed, rather than a +3%.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    TlMMEH wrote: »
    The only change that makes zero sense is the 3% increase to flat speed. So a mod that currently has 9 speed, would get +0.27, so 9.27, which I am guessing rounds back down to 9? Why not just call it zero? or better yet, have it be a +3 flat speed, rather than a +3%.

I would like clarification on this as well. They might as well just make it a +1 across the board for speed.
  • I think with the changes CG should remove all mods into players inventory and give a bit of credits for reassignment, think it would be cool to not have to spend a bunch of credits after the update rolls out
  • So with the bigger buffs for Tenacity and Potency you're doing with mods 2.0, does that mean you'll be fixing the whole tenacity/potency broken system as it currently is? (i.e., my Emp Palp having well over 100% potency can't stun more than 2-3 enemies in arena, but an AI palp stuns my whole team at least once a match, My EP can't stun more than 2-3 most of the time, but the AI's R2 will 100% stun my whole team one shot at a time)

Just curious since it is getting tiresome seeing the same failure to stun anything (especially against "jedi" and "rebels" which EP is supposed to be even better against, yet my EP gets stunned more by CLS than CLS gets stunned by my EP. You know, CLS the 'rebel'?) And then with -35% potency (negative 35%!) rebels are still stunning, debuffing, etc., my EP and EP lead team on a regular basis.

Pretty messed up when R2D2 (as awesome as he is mind you) can out-stun the emperor of the galaxy and dark lord of the Sith.
  • Cg said that they would release some videos in the next few weeks, so any idea about the release date?
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Moderators, Please do not remove this thread or put in with the mega. I tried to read the megas to get my answer, its just not possible. If you could please pass the suggested system below to the devs, as I think it is better then the current implementation.

The only real tip we have is we should be upgrading our green-purple mods to lvls 3-6 and 9 respectively. IT would be nice if we were given the mechanics of the new upgrade system, including costs (credits and salvage, as well as the drop rates of the salvage).

Reading over the mega threads, I do have concerns about how this is being implemented. Chiefly players having access to mods with higher secondary speed which will break several aspects of the game.

SUGGESTION:

1) Leave Upgrade System as is. Mods would keep the color they have at lvl 1 as they are upgraded.

2) Implemented splicing as follows...

Same as now.
    At lvl 1, a green mod would have one secondary stat in slot A
    At lvl 1, a blue mod would have two secondary stats in slots A and B
    At lvl 1, a purple mod would have three secondary stats in slots A,B and C
    At lvl 1, a Gold mod would have four secondary stats in slots A,B,C and D

If you Splice a White mod, secondary stat A is upgraded
    If you Splice a Green mod, secondary stat B is upgraded
    If you Splice a Blue mod, secondary stat C is upgraded
    If you Splice a Purple mod, secondary stat D is upgraded

Benefits of this system:
    1-Very simple to implement. With no rng on splicing.

2-Any mod that starts with speed as in a secondary stat. Will not gain more speed via splicing.

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Moderators, Please do not remove this thread or put in with the mega. I tried to read the megas to get my answer, its just not possible. If you could please pass the suggested system below to the devs, as I think it is better then the current implementation.

The only real tip we have is we should be upgrading our green-purple mods to lvls 3-6 and 9 respectively. IT would be nice if we were given the mechanics of the new upgrade system, including costs (credits and salvage, as well as the drop rates of the salvage).

Reading over the mega threads, I do have concerns about how this is being implemented. Chiefly players having access to mods with higher secondary speed which will break several aspects of the game.

SUGGESTION:

1) Leave Upgrade System as is. Mods would keep the color they have at lvl 1 as they are upgraded.

Same as now.

Benefits of this system:

2-Any mod that starts with speed as in a secondary stat. Will not gain more speed via splicing.

I am glad you are not a dev...

this exactly
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Moderators, Please do not remove this thread or put in with the mega. I tried to read the megas to get my answer, its just not possible. If you could please pass the suggested system below to the devs, as I think it is better then the current implementation.

SUGGESTION:

Same as now.

Benefits of this system:

I am glad you are not a dev...

this exactly

At least I have I told you so cred now. Would still love for someone to post details of the new system.