Embo!

Prev1
VonZant
3843 posts Member
Since there are so many announcment posts and people sometimes miss them, and I may be a wee bit excited about it...

Replies

• RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    VonZant wrote: »
    Since there are so many announcment posts and people sometimes miss them, and I may be a wee bit excited about it...

So am I sir, so am I!!!!
  • Rather have Jango Fett myself, but Embo looks pretty interesting. The one-upsmanship on the new bounty hunter leadership abilities bodes well for Jango. No way they make his weaker than Embo's.
  • I am very scared embo might counter jedi easily
  • Yea super excited for another character that will be going straight to a hard node.
  • BucMan55 wrote: »
    Rather have Jango Fett myself, but Embo looks pretty interesting. The one-upsmanship on the new bounty hunter leadership abilities bodes well for Jango. No way they make his weaker than Embo's.

@BucMan55 Ya never know if Embo might be needed to get Jango thru a legendary event. :tongue:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I am very scared embo might counter jedi easily

You know what I didnt realize that. He ignores protection and hits for 20-30k. Payout deals bonus damage based on max protection which will be huge on Bastila teams. He has a difficult contract to get, but might be a partial answer to Bastila teams. Good point.

What did he say to Anakin and Kenobi?

"You're outmatched, laser-blade."
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Darthsetty99
    255 posts Member
    edited August 2018

It's would be really hard to get his contract to go off against jedi that have an undispellable protection up buff. You could run him under a different bh lead but chances are good most will be dead by the time you aceive the contract payout.
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    Rather have Jango Fett myself, but Embo looks pretty interesting. The one-upsmanship on the new bounty hunter leadership abilities bodes well for Jango. No way they make his weaker than Embo's.

@BucMan55 Ya never know if Embo might be needed to get Jango thru a legendary event. :tongue:

I’d expect if jango is legendary it will be clones that will unlock him.
  • Tabub
    50 posts Member

You know what I didnt realize that. He ignores protection and hits for 20-30k. Payout deals bonus damage based on max protection which will be huge on Bastila teams. He has a difficult contract to get, but might be a partial answer to Bastila teams. Good point.

No it won’t, max protection doesn’t factor bonus protection at all.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Tabub wrote: »

Tabub wrote: »

You may be right, but I'm not certain. When Vandor was bugged and healing based on his protection, he was healing for entirely different amounts when he had protection up. Maybe they are calculated differently but I would have to see it in action.
  • VonZant wrote: »

Except the fact that he can't trigger his contract against jedi. ;P

Can't see bh being good in arena. Raids on the other hand.... oh boy. Now, if only there wasn't a 3 month wait and then another 3 month wait, people would be excited haha.

Can't see bh being good in arena. Raids on the other hand.... oh boy. Now, if only there wasn't a 3 month wait and then another 3 month wait, people would be excited haha.

Whales are excited easier sith raid
  • Oh yeah cad bane might be reworked so jedi might be countered by bounty hunters at the end of the month

Jango is an interesting character - legendary wise. What is the opposing faction to Bh/sep/Head clone ?

Clones make sense but I don’t think they make cents.

Maybe Bh will be needed for legendary for a new clone? Or maybe all these rules are thrown out.

@CG_CapGaSP has said he likes the opposing factions to unlock. Yoda being implemented before he was there.

I would still say any 5 BH for Jango but will
    be easier with Bossk and/or Embo.
  • Guess I can use him for credit heist at least, then ignore him for the rest of the year.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF

@Dirty_Litle_Smuggler Oh yeah. I completely agree there. And I hope that it's clones too... all mine are 7 star! lol :smiley:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

The developers basically stated precisely this (bh not being dominant in arena but useful in other game modes).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

The bonus damage is from HIS max protection not the targets so bastilla team with protection up dont help his damage unless he is on said team lol
  • Treeburner wrote: »

The bonus damage is from HIS max protection not the targets so bastilla team with protection up dont help his damage unless he is on said team lol

He may be talking about the reward contract from Embo's leadership.

Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies gain +50% Offense. When a Bounty Hunter ally uses a basic ability, they deal bonus damage equal to 7% of the target's Max Protection. All Bounty Hunter allies have their Payouts activated.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »

He may be talking about the reward contract from Embo's leadership.

Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies gain +50% Offense. When a Bounty Hunter ally uses a basic ability, they deal bonus damage equal to 7% of the target's Max Protection. All Bounty Hunter allies have their Payouts activated.

This.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Someone's gotta plat devil's advocate. His AI version can daze and that weird reverse taunt thing
  • I'm actually in the middle of farming and gearing up my BHs. Was very close to putting a zeta on Bossk's leadership, but now I'm glad I didn't.
  • I like him. Also like the free speed arrow I got too.

That's now sat on Vader.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I just did 34k and 36k with back to back specials with the event Embo.
  • Tabub
    50 posts Member
    He’s worthless against Jedi, apart from him hitting through protection, he can’t get his contract because the protection up is undispellable so he can’t hit anyone without a buff
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    There are other BH leaders. He can hit beneath protection for 30k+ with offense up. That will one-shot most Jedi.
  • LenoraLupin
    420 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm really liking him so far in the event. Though I can't wait until the practice node to see how he runs under a Bossk lead since that's mostly what I'd be using him under.

Edit: Or not, since he's forced into the leader position.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    This is a complete guess, but if Bane is getting reworked, and he already has some anti-Jedi in his kit, perhaps his lead will be reworked to make them more arena viable with better anti-Jedi ability.