Character overload!

Prev13
Poh_Solo
28 posts Member
edited August 2018
Enough with the new toons already!

There is a point that you saturate the game too much and overload people and they stop caring about the game because they feel,like they will never catch up without breaking the bank. That point is here! 14 new characters in three months, most of which are completely useless, is way too much. Only the whales are spending their money to level them and I am willing to bet that even those are spending less. I know I am.

There are many other changes you could make to the game to keep people’s inter#ts and allow characters to be built. Like gettin* rid of the crappy low,level gear in challlenges no one needs anymore except to gear the new characters that most people do not even care about..

And maybe change your restar time to like 2 am when most people are not playing instead of in the middle of prime raid time and ruining people’s raid runs. I’m sure nobody will,complain that they had to wait 8 hours to get that new toon they are likely never going to use in the near future. My guild is not a huge whale guild but we have our dolphins and we also have our minjows that we are trying to help get to our level. Unfortunately the state of the game is overwhelming them and they are starting to quit. Same in other guilds. Too much content turns the game into a job. Most of us already have a job and we get paid for it. Blizzard lost a boat load of players for turning WoW into a daily job. Don’t be Blizzard.

Take a step back, slow down and maybe introduce new content a few times a year instead of every month! While your at it, maybe fix the insane power creep being introduced. 3 & 4* toons should NEVER be able to win against full 7*, g12 best modded teams. Ever. I am sure it has already been rumbled about but it seems to the majority of players who are not whales that those grumbling fall on deaf ears. Those grumbling may soon add empty pockets to the deaf ears of the developers who cater to a few and screw the majority.

Replies

• IMO, the flood of toons means much more dynamic squad makeups and adds some needed variability in TW.
  • Wow, someone is missing something in their Cheerios ,
  • As a true Star Wars fan all new characters are welcome.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I am thankful Embo is in the game now, but many of the other new characters recently I agree is too much. One doesn't need to get every character, but when the game is flooded with so many characters so rapidly it completely dulls the impact of characters joining. I also have a big issue with it when it causes my guild to struggle so much with platoons in territory battles. Personally, I'd rather they spent that effort they put into designing all these new characters into fixing more bugs, and addressing other player concerns such as the sith raid's frustrating RNG fest, and addressing the concerns players have with ships. I would think improving on what we have already would help drive in more income by making players more enthusiastic to play. But, their business model chooses to go a different route.
  • Look Poh that’s clearly you’re own opinion but there’s a lot of us here that love more new toons. There’s still plenty more to come too that can add a new diverse gameplay. For us end game players it’s great. Playing with the same old characters can get very metronomical. It’s a thumbs up for me for more.
  • You feel scoundrels and hunters are useless and un-fun, so do people doesnt like jedi or sith. Just accept it and let those hunter/scoundrel fans have their day because you will have yours, eventually.
  • Put some of those chars in Cantina/Arena/GW then!
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Gotta disagree with you. I like the new chars, and if they introduce one I won't really progress, then there is little harm in ignoring it. While I'd appreciate a break so I can gear what I already have, I also like shiny new toys, 3* or not.
  • I like all the new toons and even though I cannot upgrade them all straight away, they are on the list :D mainly bastilla as she is the best one imo
  • Agree. Stop new characters for at least one month! Better two!
  • You are NOT the center of the World
    There is always a payouttime/raidtime for anyone get over it and maybe don't click on the chat button within your raid run when you already know that a Patch is coming
  • Smygelfh
    72 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Adding characters isn't the big problem, adding the new marquee characters to Territory Battle platoons is. Like, we have to cash up or actually LOSE progress. That's is a horrible design that drains motivation.
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    1. auto marquee
    2. activate the toon i 99% won't care about the next 6-12 months
    3. wait another week
    4. go back to 1
  • Just ignore any new characters that you're not interested in.

Really not difficult.

Some like them, others don't...all good. The game would get very stale (and people would complain like heck) if nothing new was ever introduced.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    New characters are fine, it's the single hard node that stinks. It would all be much better if they were added to GW and Arena stores as well.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    New characters are fine, it's the single hard node that stinks. It would all be much better if they were added to GW and Arena stores as well.

Well presumably they are, in time. Only fair that the paying customers can get them first so us f2pers get them for free a bit later.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

Unfortunately not going to happen.

There is a full spectrum of players in this game, many of us have hit the point where all farming projects have really been done for any useful toons the fresh blood of potentially useful and fun characters and teams is exciting.

This in flux has also helped 2 very forgotten factions become a lot better. I'm all for more options and teams.

(Now we just need separatist and clones.....with helmets)
  • New characters is fine but put some cap on how many will be required in TB platoons.
    Right now the platoons are like Swiss cheese with characters noone have purchased.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Well presumably they are, in time. Only fair that the paying customers can get them first so us f2pers get them for free a bit later.

No, they aren't. GW, Arena and Cantina stores are dead as doornail and have been for a while. Very bad move imo, but I guess that it makes them $$ so we better deal with it...
  • Just ignore any new characters that you're not interested in.

Really not difficult.

Some like them, others don't...all good. The game would get very stale (and people would complain like heck) if nothing new was ever introduced.

It becomes impossible to ignore new characters when they become required in late stages of Tb platoons.

I also did not say to stop new content, I said to slow it down. There has been more new content added in the last year than ever. Ea/CG are introducing at a rate that has killed other games. I am in an alliance of 12 guilds and though not all are full, there are still over 500 people in that alliance and the majority of them feel the same about the character overload. Statiscally, that would indicate that there is a close number of people in the game that feel the same way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Poh_Solo wrote: »
    Just ignore any new characters that you're not interested in.

Really not difficult.

It becomes impossible to ignore new characters when they become required in late stages of Tb platoons.

I also did not say to stop new content, I said to slow it down. There has been more new content added in the last year than ever. Ea/CG are introducing at a rate that has killed other games. I am in an alliance of 12 guilds and though not all are full, there are still over 500 people in that alliance and the majority of them feel the same about the character overload. Statiscally, that would indicate that there is a close number of people in the game that feel the same way.

Or it would show that guilds are groups of like minded people.

The game has many people at different stages of the game. It's a balancing act to keep content fresh for those at one end and not overwhelming for those at the other end. I feel like a a wave of new characters was needed, and since the overall number of characters is a moote point (many of them have very low usefulness), this was a good move. I'm sure we will see a lull in characters after a bit, much like we did before this push.

They also do not have control over outside sources of materials, like the movies. They have to add those characters when it comes out and either base the nee content/events on them or just make them additional toons like they did.
  • EricsonX wrote: »
    Put some of those chars in Cantina/Arena/GW then!

There's no space for new characters in those stores! They already have iconic characters such as pao and Jedi knight guardian.

/s
  • MrRedxZero
    115 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    u just have to change your way of thinking.. u don't have to have and level every toon that comes out.. the point is to make a variety of useful squads. And make it so u can play,with toons u like instead of always havimg to follow meta.. u don't have to be the best, if u expect to be u will fail at this game. Or go broke and still not be the best.

Like myself, I went with Bastila. And now embo. The others I have at lvl 1 basically.. I may level Yolo since he is in guild store.. And qira is on a easy node so may farm her even tho I don't like her look.. her abilities look nice
    . Just stop playing, or stop complaining. The point of the game is FUN after all
  • "Do not release anymore toons or anymore new content"

-SAID NO ONE EVER
  • Poh_Solo wrote: »
    Enough with the new toons already!

There is a point that you saturate the game too much and overload people and they stop caring about the game because they feel,like they will never catch up without breaking the bank. That point is here! 14 new characters in three months, most of which are completely useless, is way too much. Only the whales are spending their money to level them and I am willing to bet that even those are spending less. I know I am.

There are many other changes you could make to the game to keep people’s inter#ts and allow characters to be built. Like gettin* rid of the **** low,level gear in challlenges no one needs anymore except to gear the new characters that most people do not even care about..

And maybe change your restar time to like 2 am when most people are not playing instead of in the middle of prime raid time and ruining people’s raid runs. I’m sure nobody will,complain that they had to wait 8 hours to get that new toon they are likely never going to use in the near future. My guild is not a huge whale guild but we have our dolphins and we also have our minjows that we are trying to help get to our level. Unfortunately the state of the game is overwhelming them and they are starting to quit. Same in other guilds. Too much content turns the game into a job. Most of us already have a job and we get paid for it. Blizzard lost a boat load of players for turning WoW into a daily job. Don’t be Blizzard.

Take a step back, slow down and maybe introduce new content a few times a year instead of every month! While your at it, maybe fix the insane power creep being introduced. 3 & 4* toons should NEVER be able to win against full 7*, g12 best modded teams. Ever. I am sure it has already been rumbled about but it seems to the majority of players who are not whales that those grumbling fall on deaf ears. Those grumbling may soon add empty pockets to the deaf ears of the developers who cater to a few and screw the majority.

Minus the pay wall that is evident when there are platoon missions to fill in TB I have no issue with new characters. As has been mentioned several times in this thread it adds to keeping the game interesting. As the old saying goes “variety is the spice of life”.

If you have people quitting over the number of new characters in your guild I would say there are bigger issues and that isnt the reason why they are quitting. This game is all about focus. For someone who cant focus I can see the mounds of frustration over the number of characters added over the past few months. And if the game feels like a job to you then I question why do you continue to play. I suspect you still have fun (otherwise why come in here complaining about this).
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Only have 2 G12 7* Embo in my guild. Dont think it will be enough for platoons in the upcoming DS TB
  • Bruh wrote: »
    IMO, the flood of toons means much more dynamic squad makeups and adds some needed variability in TW.

Not when there's not enough resources to gear and zeta them
  • For me, new Toons/ships introduced periodically is fine, but to ensure a healthy variety for old and new players is that the original Toons are not made to be worthless.

I can't test this, but if someone here has a tester's account, see if my theory is true. Even if it's 50% correct.

A squad made with any of the last 10 new Toons, at 3*, Level 85, Gear 8, average 5-dot Mods, with abilities at 7.

Versus any squad of the original Toons that never has had a rework, with exactly the same gear, Mods, level, and abilities, but with 7*.

Can the new Toons kick the old Toons' tush?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • My only arguement was pointed out before, I enjoy the new content but it's completely lame that a 3* gear 10 lvl 85 toon can dismantle a full squad of 7* g12 ledgendary toon teams in arena.. im talking about you Bastila