When to leave the starter guild?

I am currently level 60, and am questioning when it is time to leave the starter guild?
and if so what kind of guilds should you be looking for?
in most of my searching i am finding primarily elite guilds with maxed level players and can obviously not participate in many of their raids.

Replies

• As soon as you can. There are plenty of guilds posting on the forums. Try to find a guild doing HAAT but not highly focused on getting to Heroic Sith Raid. That way you'll be able to benefit from Han and GK shards as soon as you get a seven star character. Try SkywalkerOG1 as an example.
  • so basically would need the 7* character first?
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    yes get a 7* character then get into a guild doing HPit + Haat dont worry about high scoring that will come in time as you advance
  • cannonfodder_iv
    992 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    so basically would need the 7* character first?

Not really, you just won't benefit as much from the guild without one since the raids will require a 7* character. That being said, at level 60 you're probably only a couple of weeks away (whoever you're farming from the GW store is probably the fastest). The other benefit of moving early is that you will probably get advice from guilds that are willing to take on newer players in return for their commitment to guild events (signing up for TW, getting 600)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Make sure to join an active guild raiding each raid at least twice a week (preferable both Rancor and AAT raids on heroic tier). Don't stay if you see the guild has little activity only. Active guilds will grow.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I am currently level 60, and am questioning when it is time to leave the starter guild?
    Any time now. You are welcome to join 'The Grateful Zed'. We are an active but casual guild, with regular raid activity and a mix of levels including a contingent of lvl 85s. :smile:
  • Just make sure to find a guild doing most of the raids and events. Probably won't get in one focused on hstr but you can play in lower tiers and get some rewards. The main thing is to do your homework. I'm not sure how good the starter guilds are since they weren't around when I started but you don't want to leave a decent guild for a crappy inactive one. It most guilds don't mind pulling people through pit and haat since they don't take much but I would focus on building a hstr team eventually so you are useful in that raid, either when your new guild gets there or when you move up to a guild that is doing the new raid.
  • Immediately.
  • so basically would need the 7* character first?

Not really, you just won't benefit as much from the guild without one since the raids will require a 7* character. That being said, at level 60 you're probably only a couple of weeks away (whoever you're farming from the GW store is probably the fastest). The other benefit of moving early is that you will probably get advice from guilds that are willing to take on newer players in return for their commitment to guild events (signing up for TW, getting 600)

Not true. All you need to do now is join the raid whether you have a 7 star character or not and you will get rewarded. My guild is boosting a new player a lightspeed this way
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    Level 65 is good time as at that time you can start taking part in TW and TB. Before that starter guilds are probably better as they run raids at your level.
    As said before make sure you got at least one 7* character so you can join heroic raids.
  • Immediately
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Any time now. You are welcome to join 'The Grateful Zed'. We are an active but casual guild, with regular raid activity and a mix of levels including a contingent of lvl 85s. :smile:

Do you have any requirements? Only lvl 30 and 2 days into the game.
  • Boboz wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Do you have any requirements? Only lvl 30 and 2 days into the game.
    We do not have any level requirements however you will not be able to participate in our raids until late 50s / early 60s so you are probably better off staying in the default guilds until then. :)
  • Don't do starter guilds
  • As many have said before get out as soon as you can, a 7* toon is highly recommended to participate in heroic raids and gain those toon shards. We have room in our guild "ac nothing" we are a casual guild of about 73mil gp and will take any active person. Only requirements is daily 600 tokens and participate in all events that you can. We only boot if your inactive for over a week and only if you haven't communicated you absence.
  • A 3 month old necro. Only slightly mouldy and decomposed.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    If u r active ASAP meaning when u get ur First 7* toon I was around lvl 70. No point in leaving before u won’t be able to join raids for equipment without. Ur sign of when to go should be when u check ur arena and c starter guilds disappearing from ranks. These r ur competitors they leave at best time to maintain advantage that progresses their account so they can stay ranked for top rewards to further progress. The benefit to leaving before 7* would be even though u won’t participate in raids the raids u r in now take forever so ur not losing out on much lol. Not to mention the guild currency from daily quest should increase if u hit top in active guild can get 700 on good day. Starter guilds r hit and miss with activity u can be in one where they hit tier3 rewards upgrade to another where they miss first tier u get nothing. But I stayed still recommend stay to 7* u can practice in raids and c difference between each tier difficulty that u won’t get but just starting T7. Gives u a chance to c which toons do better in raids I went t1-t5 before I left only had a 7* for a week or so before so wasn’t that far behind my competition in shard.