Young Han Solo solo

Anyone been able to solo the raid using Yolo? I tried yesterday with Ackbar lead, CLS, Yolo, Raid Han and BB8 but was not able to get further than about 30% left of P2. P1 was easy, as was P3-P4. But in P2 the tank got enraged too quickly.

I know McMole soloed it with this team, using Hermit instead of Raid Han, but I feel that my team should be able to do it as well.

I also felt that Yolo was not quite working as intended somehow, he didn't feel like he was super fast (which he should be with almost 400 speed after 4 uses of his special) and that the assists were not happening 70% of the time (while he was prepared). Btw, he assists Raid Han when he does his non attack special so it seems to apply even with non attack abilities (which it doesn't state in the description). And I could have sworn that he assisted once or twice when Raid Han assisted someone else from Ackbars attack. (Also not in the description). This is all very non-scientific but I will look in to it more. Just wondering what your thoughts are on this.

Replies

• And also, what are the best mods to use? Just go all in on speed and not care so much about offense or crit damage or protection?
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Yolo Solo*

He gets speed from his stacking speed ability (Yes he will be over 400 speed, but w/ Ackbar lead the rest of your team is probably around 300 so he's only going to be like 33% faster than they are and with the TM gain from CLS it will be hard to tell) so you want to ensure that he's hitting hard. Mod him for 216% CD and load him up with Offense secondaries. Offense cross. Speed secondaries won't mean as much once you're over 400 speed you're doing fine.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Yolo Solo*

He gets speed from his stacking speed ability (Yes he will be over 400 speed, but w/ Ackbar lead the rest of your team is probably around 300 so he's only going to be like 33% faster than they are and with the TM gain from CLS it will be hard to tell) so you want to ensure that he's hitting hard. Mod him for 216% CD and load him up with Offense secondaries. Offense cross. Speed secondaries won't mean as much once you're over 400 speed you're doing fine.

True, it just felt like he was slower but that could be all in my head.
    And sorry, I meant to ask how I mod the rest of the team. I have speed sets on Ackbar and BB8 and crit damage on Raid Han and CLS. Was wondering if speed sets would be better on them too.
    Good points about the mods on Yolo though, that was how I modded him. 216% CD and 3200 offense. 193 speed.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Yolo Solo*

True, it just felt like he was slower but that could be all in my head.
    And sorry, I meant to ask how I mod the rest of the team. I have speed sets on Ackbar and BB8 and crit damage on Raid Han and CLS. Was wondering if speed sets would be better on them too.
    Good points about the mods on Yolo though, that was how I modded him. 216% CD and 3200 offense. 193 speed.

You probably want a Speed Set on CLS, he's more there for the TM gain from his applying debuffs. In terms of your best speed sets you probably want the fastest one on BB8, next best on CLS and 3rd fastest on Ackbar. I'm not as sure about how to mod Raid Han for this setup as you probably want him decently fast as well, but more on the damage end of things. I'd just give him your fastest 216% CD set that still has an offense cross (without taking mods from Yolo).
  • Don't think its possible to do it with Raid Han instead of Hoda.
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    Don't think its possible to do it with Raid Han instead of Hoda.

Thank you for the confidence boost :)
  • Kreontas wrote: »

Just trying to manage expectations ;) I'll be glad to be proven wrong :D

• Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Kreontas wrote: »

I think it's possible, but you might actually need to super speed Raid Han so that you get more assists from Yolo. Hoda is seemingly irreplaceable, but can't hurt to try and prove that wrong. I watched McMole's video and at some point he stopped stacking the offense and went all out attacking in P2 to clear the phase, he was still quite close to hitting enrage though.

Yolo's offense boost doesn't disappear from phase to phase, so maybe try and slow down how quickly you clear P1? Try and make it it take more turns so you can stack more offense on Yolo early on?
  • Vertigo wrote: »

I think it's possible, but you might actually need to super speed Raid Han so that you get more assists from Yolo. Hoda is seemingly irreplaceable, but can't hurt to try and prove that wrong. I watched McMole's video and at some point he stopped stacking the offense and went all out attacking in P2 to clear the phase, he was still quite close to hitting enrage though.

Yolo's offense boost doesn't disappear from phase to phase, so maybe try and slow down how quickly you clear P1? Try and make it it take more turns so you can stack more offense on Yolo early on?

Yeah next time I'll mod everyone for speed and see how it goes. Good idea about slowing down P1, can't remember how many turns was left til enrage there, but I think I have room to play with.

The annoying thing with the Yolo and Raid Han combo is that for the assists to work, Yolo has to be prepared. But you also want to use his special as much as possible but whenever he uses it he loses prepared! And it's not always easy to reapply it. Especially when the tank is toppled. So you have to use it if you can hit the tank with his basic before it reaches 50% tm, or wait until right before it comes out of topple.
  • Yeah McMole's video today covers that, prolonging P1 helps a lot.
  • Today I try this guy in haat, and amazing. I start at 30% p2 to end. Total 30m dmg. Without zeta. Think if he get zeta can be much better. I use team. Aa l. Bb, zcls, zhan, young han.
    Even his basic take more than 100k dmg. Think without zeta cant take all p2, so cant start at p2 to end. But he good replace to wampa, pathetic hard farm.