Farmable characters

Aluxtu
420 posts Member
Could we start rotating ALL farmable characters through the guild event store? I realize this is where hoda, wampa, and the best gear are all sitting, but it would make that 3-6 month grind that much easier for these single hard node farms. Been refreshing bossk since he came out and I am now 15/85... Averaging 2 shards a day with 10 attempts a day. Yolo is about to hit 7 stars and qira is now 0/85... And I've been farming her for a week. I cannot imagine how new players are retained who see these 3-6 month farms on half the decent toons. Anything to alleviate these hard node farms. Maybe even a hard node with a character of the day that rotates between all the hard node toons.

Replies

• Won’t happen
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Back in the day, we used to have shards (besides GG) in shard shop too. They were batches of 3 and most, if not all, characters were rotating there, so the farm was notoriously inconsistent, but helped a lot with Vader and such. It would be nice to see this returned, especially now that half the stores were downgraded to shard shop fodder.
  • The core of this game is priority in farming, so q'ira, yolo, bossk aren't the first choices for players who start to play this game
    Do or don't there is no try
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I find it way more efficient to save crystals and buy the shards from shipments rather than gambling for that 1 shard on a refresh.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    I find it way more efficient to save crystals and buy the shards from shipments rather than gambling for that 1 shard on a refresh.

You're spending 80 crystals per shard... A 50 crystal refresh that can drop up to 5 more shards, although usually 1-2, will always be the better investment unless they completely tank the drop rates.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    The core of this game is priority in farming, so q'ira, yolo, bossk aren't the first choices for players who start to play this game

The newer toons are typically much stronger then older toons and are priority farms. They are always relevant in all game modes and typically make older game modes obsolete. Imagine if you started playing the game a month ago and have a 3 star bastila. The moment she becomes farmable that is the toon you are going to want to level just for easier arena pay outs.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Aluxtu wrote: »

You're spending 80 crystals per shard... A 50 crystal refresh that can drop up to 5 more shards, although usually 1-2, will always be the better investment unless they completely tank the drop rates.

Don't discount the energy cost. For extra hard node runs, you have to forego some gear farm and/or buy it with more crystals. That's not insignificant cost.
    Also, does anyone else notice how any thread discussing the new farming policy gets buried really fast?
  • It is highly frustrating that many of the new characters are ending up hard node farms at the same time the attempt count was dropped from 8 to 5. I under$tand the rationale behind it, and there have been some exceptions (notably Young Han Solo, Q'ira, Death Panda, KRU), but it's still absurd that I have five hard node farms going on right now and no longer spend regular energy on gear nodes (and haven't for awhile). Particularly when I have upwards of 30 toons waiting for a stun gun.
  • It is highly frustrating that many of the new characters are ending up hard node farms at the same time the attempt count was dropped from 8 to 5. I under$tand the rationale behind it, and there have been some exceptions (notably Young Han Solo, Q'ira, Death Panda, KRU), but it's still absurd that I have five hard node farms going on right now and no longer spend regular energy on gear nodes (and haven't for awhile). Particularly when I have upwards of 30 toons waiting for a stun gun.

The attempts were upgraded from 3 to 5, and they did a "limited time run" of 8 from 5 which was nice to see.

It was most likely a test to see if they would get more refreshes per node. Most likely had less refreshes so never made 8 a standard.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Aluxtu wrote: »

Lmao when you say 1-2 you mean 0-1 or zero to none
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    why anyone would want to waste guild event $ on lol regular chars blows my mind.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you