Bastilla is changing the meta! Great job CG devs on bringing balance to the force!

13Next

Replies

• ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Options
    RomanLeaf wrote: »
    Do you put tenacity crosses ? Less chance to get debuffs with it. Coupled with speed mods you have a good combo against the meta and also the triumvirate.
    It'd help for sure but not worth it I think, I don't see much of Vader in Arena nowadays.
    Potency for Bastila, Offense for GMY and Ezra, Defense for GK and Protection on hYoda (good speed secondary).

• Options
    Arcaver wrote: »
    Bastila teams have been pretty easy to take out with Nightsisters under a Talzin lead so far. Seem like with all the buffs going on, a bounty Hunter team can make short work, but I haven't been able to try it out against them.

Good scoundrel team destroys them. They can't get past the protection and dispel from vandor and l33.
  • Options
    I am in a May 2016 Shard and woke up this morning to a Bastilla Lead at number 3. We have about 20-25 Trayas but most of them are still using Palp lead.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    I've never chased the meta. Just tired of the same old junk where people form alliances to make sure they hold their spots in arena.

My favorite part about the arena alliances is the folks who pretend that they're so good at the game because they take #1 every day thanks to 20 other people agreeing to leave them alone and not compete against them.

That's not how it works.

So you now know how every shard or shard chat works because you are in one?....... I agree with these guys, it's so out of hand in my shard that they actually formed a guild.....

The Arena co-op is working as intended. Same as in HoDA. Once a dev was asked why it was allowed. He replied because that is part of war, alliances are formed. Sux, but it's true.

Well, that's a pretty crummy outlook on it, because it isn't war, it's arena..... Arena is where gladiators or prize fighters face eachother.....

Haha, its funny 3 of the guys in my shard just joined the same guild so maybe I should start worrying.

My shard is different, we let any one play, if anything I've just had a chat with them today as they are inviting every tom **** and harry who has a G11 Palpa team in it and I don't want to share my payout with people who have half my roster.

The palpa meta made it VERY VERY easy for any F2P to take rank 1, it's never been better in SWGOH for f2p players.

If your shard is doing that it's probably because you've done something to them to blacklist you, gotta live with the consequences sunshine.

How can I "do something to punish" someone I have never met or spoken to?...... That's pretty odd..... It's a game, and if you can't build a strong team, strategize and fight smart to get to the top instead of relying on others to get you there, then you shouldn't be there...... The fact that you have a 7* g12 CUP means nothing.....

But you can't do that, you still have to beat the people at the top to get to rank 1. The difference is they leave you alone 60 minutes before your payout and in exchange, you do the same thing to them.

There's nothing wrong with that, if anything it shows a good display of solidarity and humanity, uniting for a common goal (crystals) and working together, it's actually a really beautiful thing!

It makes me wonder what kind of person are you if you see something wrong with this....

I'm the kind of person who would leave someone alone at their payout, but I'm not part of their little click, so no idea when their payout is..... I have no issue with a "hey, I won't hit you at xx time, please don't hit me at xx time"..... I do have issue with "Hey, who does this Bubba guy think he is breaking into top 20, he isn't in our boy band, everyone get this guy"..... We can message anyone in game now, so no real need for these types of tactics....

I had a week long debate about this recently on here. Here's what I learnt:

- the cartels are not cartels because cartel members repeatedly told me they aren't in cartels. They just cooperate to ensure only their members are at #1, which is completely different
    - if you question the above you get told you are nefarious / uncooperative / the bad guy / untrustworthy / a newbie
    - and they may bring this to life by comparing you to someone indiscriminately shooting people in public
    - I'm not playing the game properly because I see the arena as 1v1 pvp, and just enjoy my rank being as high as possible at any given time of day, not just at 1859 GMT

It was very revealing, and I learnt a lot about myself, and more importantly my poor life choices that led me to this point.
  • Options
    JTR beats Bastilla lead. I have 100% win rate over last few weeks.
    I run JTR/bb8/r2/Thrawn/Nest
  • Options
    CHFC22 wrote: »

I'm the kind of person who would leave someone alone at their payout, but I'm not part of their little click, so no idea when their payout is..... I have no issue with a "hey, I won't hit you at xx time, please don't hit me at xx time"..... I do have issue with "Hey, who does this Bubba guy think he is breaking into top 20, he isn't in our boy band, everyone get this guy"..... We can message anyone in game now, so no real need for these types of tactics....

I agree with this completely.

Back on topic: I don't really see Bastilla leads as being meta in the same sense that palp/zader and later Traya was. It was more a counter meta to palp led sith teams. There are plenty of teams that won't have problems defeating Bastilla, if I have to choose between attacking Traya lead sith teams and Bastilla Jedi teams I always hit Bastilla.
  • Options
    Trey 66 wrote: »
    I've never chased the meta. Just tired of the same old junk where people form alliances to make sure they hold their spots in arena.

There's nothing wrong with shard alliances, better than fighting for your spot blind everyday.

Nothing wrong with it as long as you're on the inside looking out.

Naturally, guess who's on the outside looking in. I'm betting it's the guy with a 3* Zeta Bastila that's never sniffed top 20 before her release.
  • Options
    JTR beats Bastilla lead. I have 100% win rate over last few weeks.
    I run JTR/bb8/r2/Thrawn/Nest

Bastila isn't hard to beat on defense since she herself is a counter meta squad. CG is just speeding up the transition from zEP to Traya lead for arena.
  • Options
    Siths are still meta. Bastila is a fun lead but no more.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I actually Auto Battle Bastilla every day. SO no reason to brag around cos the silly OP Emperor teams get beaten by a f2p team.

Be glad, that there is some diversity now. And still emperor lead teams can counter bastila when using Sith Marodeur. Darth Traya Teams (which more than 1 Percent already have or will have over the next few weeks) also can beat Bastila. So whats the F**cking matter here? If the whales want to burn their money let them go for it. Who the hell cares? No one asks them to do so. If they have to face a f2p team thats life.

Furthermore Empiric if you have a shard thats keeping humanity in payouts, thats good for you. The idea behind it is very good and brave. But at least 80% of the others shards do NOT work as intended. And I just dont get it how some primitive humans have to do this. In the end it is just a game. And people still do such maniac things.

It' is comparable to hacking the game. Giving urself and 19 others the chance of manipulating the Arena. And as soon as someone enters this circle of whales they burn him away. Being afraid the money they burned has been a waste. I stopped aiming for top payouts.

Kinda annoying how the people changed thanks to social media etc..

People raging and crying as soon as someone turns up with something new that they dont benefit from.

Be happy that the devs bring new content, try to balance the current content and brought up quite some various options to compete for higher ranks. And there shouldn't be ANY META at all. It should be balanced all the time. METAS only end in boring mirror matches where stupid Mods decide the winner (or rank cartels lol). Thats not the point of a game.

It's like having a drag race competition where all the drivers get identical auto piloted cars. ... Exactly ... BORING.